1.5.4.57013 - Multiplayer / Formation "jitter" has returned

We still have the autoexec.cfg "fix" in place, but the formation jitter has returned with the new build. A little different this time.

As with the previous build and version of this bug, it's only obvious when you're in close formation with another aircraft while pulling G. What I'm seeing so far is a rapid twitch in the pitch axis. I've already been in contact with the devs and they're asking for tracks again. I'll supply a sample from our team within 24 hours.

Teej

• Like 1

"Tank! I need a program for a TM Warthog!"

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Virtual Thunderbirds, LLC | Sponsored by Thrustmaster

Thermaltake V9 SECC case | Corsair RM750 PSU | Asus ROG Ranger VIII | Intel i7 6700K | 16GB 3000mhz RAM |

EVGA GTX 980Ti FTW | TrackIR 4 w/ pro clip | TM HOTAS Warthog | TM MFD Cougar Pack | Win 10 x64 |

Hello, noticed same here, and even worse than before even on the ground now. Simply a nightmare. See my track below! Tested with a large range of people, and large type of aircraft, SFM, PFM, EFM. Test was performed on F-15, F-5E, Mig-29, P-51D, all the same.

As usual, Clean DCS Install, starway terrain mod.

Time to roll back again:music_whistling::music_whistling:

server-20160926-004828.trk

Member of the Virtual Patrouille Suisse Since 2010. High and slow, fast and low.

Intel i9-12900k | 64GB RAM | RTX4090 | HP Rerverb G2 | T-50CM3 Base | WinWing Set

Thanks for the verification folks.

I just submitted my tracks directly. Since Tango uploaded his here, I included a link to this thread in case it was overlooked.

Teej

"Tank! I need a program for a TM Warthog!"

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thermaltake V9 SECC case | Corsair RM750 PSU | Asus ROG Ranger VIII | Intel i7 6700K | 16GB 3000mhz RAM |

EVGA GTX 980Ti FTW | TrackIR 4 w/ pro clip | TM HOTAS Warthog | TM MFD Cougar Pack | Win 10 x64 |

I love this bug. Causes fireballs. :D

i7-2600 @3.4GHz | Corsair 16GB @1600MHz. | MSI GTX1660Ti Gaming X | Samsung 256GB SSD (Win10HPx64)
Samsung G5 32" + Samsung 18" + 2x8"TFT Displays | Saitek X-55 Rhino & Rudder | TM MFD Cougars | Logitech G13, G230, G510, PZ55 & Farming Sim Panel | TIR5
>>MY MODS<< | Discord: Devrim#1068

• ED Team

Guys, I've made a silly mistake of reusing 'use_new_fm' parameter for other purpose and forgot about it. Right now this actually enables/disables orientation smoothing.

So, please remove the line from your autoexec.cfg and everything should become perfect - at least the Teej's track is.

Edited by c0ff
grammar

Dmitry S. Baikov @ Eagle Dynamics

LockOn FC2 Soundtrack Remastered out NOW everywhere - https://band.link/LockOnFC2.

Thank you for your info! We will test... :thumbup:

[sigpic]http://www.virtualthunderbirds.com/Signatures/sig_LD.jpg[/sigpic]

Corsair 750D Case | Corsair RM850i PSU | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS X CODE | 32GB Corsair DDR4 3200 |

Intel i7-8086K | Corsair Hydro H100i v2 Cooler | EVGA GTX 1080 Ti FTW | Oculus Rift |

X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty | Samsung SSD 970 EVO 1TB NVMe | Samsung SSD 850 EVO 1TB | WD Caviar Black 2 x 1TB |

TM HOTAS Warthog | TM Pendular Rudder | TM MFD Cougar Pack | 40" LG 1080p LED | Win10 |

Hello, just tested now and still bugged, a bit less but still not duable.

Fun fact, when set F2 view on one aircraft all aircrafts around are jumping, when change view to next aricraft all aircraft around are jumping etc..etc..etc.. See track below!

Thank you!!

DCS Test Mission-20160928-223101.trk

Member of the Virtual Patrouille Suisse Since 2010. High and slow, fast and low.

Intel i9-12900k | 64GB RAM | RTX4090 | HP Rerverb G2 | T-50CM3 Base | WinWing Set

Have any teams reverted to an earlier version to alleviate this? I ask as I don't really want to ask all our members to revert as a test :)

Windows 10 64bit, Intel i7 6700K, 32GB Corsair 2400Mhz, 970 NVMe 500Gb SSD, GeForce 2080 super, HP Reverb, VKB GF PRO, Thrustmaster Warthog throttle, Thrustmaster Pendular rudders, Windows + DCS :thumbup:

My youtube channel

I think most of the team are using 1.5.4.56500.155 with the autoexec.cfg. That the last stable version for formation/no jitter thing.

I think most of the team are using 1.5.4.56500.155 with the autoexec.cfg. That the last stable version for formation/no jitter thing.

Thanks for the feed back.

Windows 10 64bit, Intel i7 6700K, 32GB Corsair 2400Mhz, 970 NVMe 500Gb SSD, GeForce 2080 super, HP Reverb, VKB GF PRO, Thrustmaster Warthog throttle, Thrustmaster Pendular rudders, Windows + DCS :thumbup:

My youtube channel

VBI team has tested the latest updates without the autoexec.cfg file.

Curiously, multiplayer jitter became a different result each.

A player does not have a problem. And a player has the problem persists.

This is a result of the closed formation flight at the same time in the VBI training server.

"Shitter jitters" remain in latest 1.5 and 2.0. :cold: Bouncy bouncy. :bounce:

[sigpic]http://www.virtualthunderbirds.com/Signatures/sig_LD.jpg[/sigpic]

Corsair 750D Case | Corsair RM850i PSU | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS X CODE | 32GB Corsair DDR4 3200 |

Intel i7-8086K | Corsair Hydro H100i v2 Cooler | EVGA GTX 1080 Ti FTW | Oculus Rift |

X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty | Samsung SSD 970 EVO 1TB NVMe | Samsung SSD 850 EVO 1TB | WD Caviar Black 2 x 1TB |

TM HOTAS Warthog | TM Pendular Rudder | TM MFD Cougar Pack | 40" LG 1080p LED | Win10 |

<Summary>

In the past,VBI team was test at the training dedicated server.

The result was bad.

VBI team will re-examine the JITTER problem, and we obtained good results.

<Verification method>

This time has been tested with the“player with server”.

Verification environment server, flight leader # 1Tink (JPN) is the player with host.

Version of the DCS World1.5 has been applied the latest version.

autoexec.cfg is not used.

As the following client members and country.

# 1Tink (JPN) + (HOST)

# 2Vapor (USA)

# 3Azbee (JPN)

# 4Gin (JPN)

# 5Aero (JPN)

<Results>

Large Jitter was NOT observed.

Slight JITTER has been observed in the #2Vapor. However, there was no hindrance to play in a closed formation.

<Recommendations>

If your team did not test the player with server, it might be worth to try.

Thank you :)

Virtual Blue Impulse #1Tink

Hi there.

I made the short video in order to Obserb the new extrapolator. please take a look at this.

https://youtu.be/zeBtyXSb9CU

we used 1.5.4.57288 without autoexec.cfg

When meandering at the ground, It looks very strange moving from other players.

There is a basically delayed issue and the movement apparently becomes excessive.

Pitch and Roll axes seems to have similar issues.

I hope that these orientation issues will be resolved.

Btw, our team experienced that the jitter problem is resolved considerably by good ping and flight skill.

It's a limited situation but our team are satisfied roughly about jitter.

Last but not least, I thank to the developers who made this great simulator. And I hope that the development go well.