{
               Name = "AircraftCarrier With Catapult",
           }, -- end of [1]
           [2] = 
           {
               Name = "AircraftCarrier With Tramplin",
           }, -- end of [2]
       }, -- end of TakeOffRWCategories

Without this line it is not possible to launch on the carrier, also the SFM Landescript is missing.

Translated with DeepL.com/Translator

• 2 weeks later...

Re above post

This is the fix I found but no idea what to do next.

Heinz

I upload entry.lua and J-16.lua for the mod J-16.

rewrite the entry.lua and plane.lua and try again

it will not explode at the time it touches the ground.

tested in dcsw 2.2 and 1.5.8

Attached Files forums.eagle.ruentry.lua (1.6 KB, 38 views)forums.eagle.ruJ-16.lua (29.4 KB, 30 views)

Having a blast with these in 2.5 especially the Tornado GR4.. if only I could get them to drop A/G laser weapons, and get the A10 avionics suite working so can use LGB's..

Superb Mod !!

AMD Ryzen 9 7845HX with Radeon Graphics           3.00 GHz

32 GB RAM

2 TB SSD

RTX 4070 8GB

Windows 11 64 bit

Having a blast with these in 2.5 especially the Tornado GR4.. if only I could get them to drop A/G laser weapons, and get the A10 avionics suite working so can use LGB's..

Superb Mod !!

You need to use the Su-25T avionics or the special Tornado with the A-10C avionics to be able to lase targets. Using the A-10A avionics will not allow you to lase LGBs because it doesn't have a laser.

• Like 1

You need to use the Su-25T avionics or the special Tornado with the A-10C avionics to be able to lase targets. Using the A-10A avionics will not allow you to lase LGBs because it doesn't have a laser.

Never thought about that, only just getting back into DCS, and what a great time to get back into it, spent the past few years retexturing stuff in Arma3 but now want to try my hand at DCS aircraft !!

I must say, the VSN aircraft all look mega in 2.5 !! :thumbup:

32 GB RAM

2 TB SSD

RTX 4070 8GB

Windows 11 64 bit

Hey guys, any reason the game isn't seeing the VSN Harrier mod? Some of my missions using it tell me it's missing and thus can't load the mission, other missions using it load but replace it with the A-10C. It is not available in the dropdown menu either, but most of the VSN mods are still there. It's the same with the F-14 as well.

Everything is in my saved games folder as before.

Edited by Ghostrider142

i7-4770K @3.50GHz; EVGA 1070 8GB Superclocked; 16GB Ram; MSI Z97 Gaming; two Samsung 500GB SSD's in RAID; TrackIR; 32" 2560x1440 Samsung

Is it possible to change the flight model from the f15 to the su27? I’ve only bought the su27 as I wanted to experience air to air combat before moving on to a full fidelity model. :smilewink:

yes

Copy the following files into the VSN_XYZ Mod folder

DCS World OpenBeta\Mods\aircraft\Flaming Cliff\bin\ "Su27.dll"

in this folder

VSN_XYZ\bin\

DCS World OpenBeta\Mods\aircraft\Flaming Cliff\FM\

Copy "DataSu27" and "PPlantSu27" folder and "FMOptionsSu27.lua"

in this folder

VSN_XYZ\FM\

edit this file "

VSN_XYZ\entry.lua"

binaries      =
{
'F15',
},    

change to

binaries      =
{
'Su27',
},    

delete all make_flyable...

make_flyable('VSN_XYZ',current_mod_path..'/Cockpit/KneeboardRight/',F15FM, current_mod_path..'/Comm.lua')--AFM

change to

make_flyable('VSN_XYZ'    , current_mod_path..'/Cockpit/Scripts/', {self_ID,'Su27',old = 3}, current_mod_path..'/Comm.lua')
make_flyable('VSN_XYZ_AG'    , current_mod_path..'/Cockpit/Scripts/', {self_ID,'Su27',old = 3}, current_mod_path..'/Comm.lua')
make_flyable('VSN_XYZ_AFM'    , current_mod_path..'/Cockpit/Scripts/', {self_ID,'Su27',old = 3}, current_mod_path..'/Comm.lua')

edit this file "VSN_XYZ.lua" and "VSN_XYZ_AG.lua" and "VSN_XYZ_AFM.lua"

Name             = 'VSN_XYZ',--AG
       DisplayName        = _('VSN_XYZ'),--AG
       Picture         = "VSN_XYZ.png",
       Rate             = "50",
       Shape            = "VSN_XYZ",--AG    
      [color=Red] WorldID          =  WSTYPE_PLACEHOLDER,   -- delete this line [/color]
       [color=Green]WorldID         = 3, -- add or change to 3
[/color]

shape_table_data     = 
   {
       {
           file           = 'VSN_F14A';--AG
           life           = 20; -- lifebar
           vis            = 3; -- visibility gain.
           desrt        = 'VSN_F14A-oblomok'; -- Name of destroyed object file name
           fire           = { 300, 2}; -- Fire on the ground after destoyed: 300sec 2m
           username    = 'VSN_F14A';--AG
           [color=Green][color=Red]index       =  WSTYPE_PLACEHOLDER; [/color][/color][color=Green][color=Red]-- delete this line[/color][/color]
          [color=Green]index    =  VSN_[/color][color=Green][color=Green]XYZ[/color]; [/color][color=Green][color=Green]-- add or change to [/color][/color][color=Green][color=Green][color=Green]VSN_[/color][color=Green][color=Green]XYZ or [/color][/color][/color][/color][color=Green][color=Green][color=Green]VSN_[/color][color=Green][color=Green]XYZ_AG or [/color][/color][/color][/color][color=Green][color=Green][color=Green]VSN_[/color][color=Green][color=Green]XYZ_AFM[/color][/color][/color][/color]
           classname   = "lLandPlane";
           positioning = "BYNORMAL";

change this line

attribute = {wsType_Air, wsType_Airplane, wsType_Fighter, WSTYPE_PLACEHOLDER, "Fighters", "Refuelable",},

to

[color=Green][color=Green][color=black][color=Green][color=Green][color=black][color=Green][color=Green][color=black]attribute   = {wsType_Air, wsType_Airplane, wsType_Fighter, VSN_XYZ, Su_27, "Fighters", "Refuelable",},
or
[/color][/color][/color][/color][/color][/color][color=Green][color=Green][color=black][color=Green][color=Green][color=black][color=Green][color=Green][color=black][color=Green][color=Green][color=black]attribute   = {wsType_Air, wsType_Airplane, wsType_Fighter, VSN_XYZ_AG, Su_27, "Fighters", "Refuelable",},[/color][/color][/color][/color][/color][/color] 
[/color][/color][/color][/color][/color][/color]or
[color=Green][color=Green][color=black][color=Green][color=Green][color=black][color=Green][color=Green][color=black][color=Green][color=Green][color=black]attribute   = {wsType_Air, wsType_Airplane, wsType_Fighter, VSN_XYZ_AFM, Su_27, "Fighters", "Refuelable",},[/color][/color][/color][/color][/color][/color][/color][/color][/color][/color][/color][/color][color=Green][color=Green][color=black]
[/color][/color][/color][/color][/color][/color]

I hope I haven't forgotten anything

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator

Edited by cdpkobra

Updated first post, Added the F-14A with the PFM of the Su-33.

Could you give me some steps? Which flies would need modification? I’m new to DCS and modding, so... thanks!

You have now 2 example mods :D

Hey guys, any reason the game isn't seeing the VSN Harrier mod? Some of my missions using it tell me it's missing and thus can't load the mission, other missions using it load but replace it with the A-10C. It is not available in the dropdown menu either, but most of the VSN mods are still there. It's the same with the F-14 as well.

Everything is in my saved games folder as before.

We'll look into it.

Just a follow up mate, how would I add CCIP mode to the Tornado GR4? It has CCRP only at the moment, I'd like to practice bombing runs using this aircraft, and method.

It's awesome how these birds look at 2.5

32 GB RAM

2 TB SSD

RTX 4070 8GB

Windows 11 64 bit

Most of the AI models in this game are broken anyways, so no point needing an F-14 and F-18 mod if they're right around the corner.

Right around ??? :doh:

:animals_bunny: And are you still believe in fairy tales too ? :noexpression:

OMG :closedeyes:

• Like 1

May the THRUST be with you

It's not a fairytale, it is a fact. Do the research yourself and try and make an F/A-18C mod with the current F/A-18C model in the game. If you land, you die.

I'd say the DCS F18 is at least 2-3 months away, the F14 module, maybe longer, so until then, the VSN aircraft work fine for me, even landing hasn't been a problem, mind you, I'm having to use a game controller till my new stick arrives.

I've seen plenty YT videos where the F18C's take off and and in 2.2 no probs.

32 GB RAM

2 TB SSD

RTX 4070 8GB

Windows 11 64 bit

Just a follow up mate, how would I add CCIP mode to the Tornado GR4? It has CCRP only at the moment, I'd like to practice bombing runs using this aircraft, and method.

It's awesome how these birds look at 2.5

You only have to do the same like in the Su-25T if you are going to do a CCIP drop.

You need a low enough pitch and depending on speed and pitch angle, the CCIP symbology will pop up sooner or later.

It's not a fairytale, it is a fact. Do the research yourself and try and make an F/A-18C mod with the current F/A-18C model in the game. If you land, you die.

Can you guys discuss that in the dedicated threads please?

By the way, the models aren't broken at all. It's only the SFM that is broken for some mods.

ok! eventual a mistake. Can the Hud changed to the F-15 one? The russian hud is ... i like the US more!

All you need to change that, if the mod has those files, run the .CMD file with the avioncs you want.

Edited by razo+r