VSN flyable aircraft mods

It seems that with every recent update, we get to go find out what doesn't work any more. I'm finding these recent events to be very frustrating. They said they do support mods but every time we update DCS now, mods are getting disabled or quit working. Mods that have worked for a very long time. Heck, these mods are even IN the saved games path that we're supposed to use and now they don't work either.

So does every non official flyable mod no longer work?

There is a solution for all mods that are tied to flaming cliffs, but not only. Also for the F22A (separate mod) and the Su-57 from Cubanace. The following changes are to be made in entry.lua.

the following lines must be deleted

binaries =

{

'F15',

},

and change the following entry

make_flyable ('Namexxx', current_mod_path .. '/ Cockpit / KneeboardRight /', nil, current_mod_path .. '/ Comm.lua') is important, which is entered at "nil". All at the point "nil" the old entries are to be deleted.

I've tried to follow what you said here but it doesn't appear to be working for me. I commented out the sections about binaries and replaced the make_flyable line as you indicated. I still don't get the cockpit of the aircraft and the sim doesn't load. Just the mission editor screen.

I've attached the entry.lua file I edited.

entry.lua

Remove the FM code.

"Yeah, and though I work in the valley of Death, I will fear no Evil. For where there is one, there is always three. I preparest my aircraft to receive the Iron that will be delivered in the presence of my enemies. Thy ALCM and JDAM they comfort me. Power was given unto the aircrew to make peace upon the world by way of the sword. And when the call went out, Behold the "Sword of Stealth". And his name was Death. And Hell followed him. For the day of wrath has come and no mercy shall be given."

here is my entry F-22A

ignore the old = 6 in the entry

even if it works with su25t this in not a solution for f22A

That is exactly what the "solution" does though, instead of FC3 avionics, it loads the Su-25Ts avionics.

The only way to get the FC3 avionics back is either to move back to previous versions of DCS, or hope that ED will "unblock" FC3.

how is there a way to revert to previous version?

"X:\DCS World OpenBeta\bin\DCS_updater.exe" update 2.5.6.49798@openbeta

This is the same version that was pushed to Stable and is the exact same code. So your choices are install Stable or use the DCS_updater.exe to "update" back to that version indicated.

You can run that from the command line or a shortcut.

• 1 month later...

Mods are down in Latest Ver 2.5.6.5XX Open Beta. Need a fix for VSN mods. SU-57 working fine without changes in code. VSN mods need changes in Entry.lua. but only flyable in su-25t flight dynamics, makes it unpleasant. All FC3 based mods cannot be used atm. Anyone know how to fix this?

Dav-Pak-BlackSpider

Anyone know how to fix this?

The only way is not to use the FC3 files, like the A-4E and MB339 teams do ... otherwise the recent protection changes that ED has implemented will not let you use the FC3 files anymore.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Will reverting back to update 2.5.6.49798@openbeta solve it is the question right now. Priorities are different at this point if you know what i mean, lol. Im not even sure if that may help has any one tested. And also if the mods are accessible in 25t avio, whats the point of blocking FC3 then? I mean mod still works for others who wont update the game, now maybe ever. lol

Dav-Pak-BlackSpider