VSN flyable aircraft mods

Question for the VSN folks like @cdpkobra, what is involved in having different pilot models for some of these mods? I've noticed most simply use a modern USAF pilot, and I assume for each you'd have to go back and either have someone model or buy/convert a pilot model and then animate it in the EDM. Is that correct? It'd be great to see more of the community mods have helmets and a base pilot that fits some of these "eras" better, but I fully expect it means time, effort, and money in a new pilot model for each one.

Heatblur Rivet Counting Squad™

VF-11 and VF-31 1988 [WIP]

VF-201 & VF-202 [WIP]

Thanks for all of the great work with these aircraft.

I am flying the D and G and trying to get a better understanding of some of the parameters used for bomb dropping.  specifically, items like ripple interval and quan to drop.  when using aircraft such as the SU-25T, as the keyboard inputs are made, you can see what the current value will be.  Like 1, 2, 4 or all  and interval as 0, 0.1, 0.2 etc.  Parameters such as these are not shown in the F 105 D or G and i see no way of presetting or knowing what will happen when i drop.

Is there anyway of 'knowing' what the current setting is?  or some way of hard-wiring a value to insure the desired setting?

I love the THUD, and have great fun with it.  I am just looking for some way to have better understanding / control for my salvo / ripple work.

Cheers,

On 3/14/2021 at 12:27 PM, cmfrosty said:

Hi

any chance of a carrier landable c2a greyhound?

Ive tried mucking around with the e2d turning it into a c2 but the c2 keeps crashing through the deck. It flys like the e2 just would like it to land on a carrier. The ai can do it fine.

cheers

I didn't think you could get a MOD E-2 to land due to it being an SFM model not EFM? (if I've got my letters right!)

Is there any way to make the KC135mprs flyable where it will still allow it to act as a tanker? Same goes for normal KC135.

System Specs: 13900K, Strix Z790 Gaming E, MSI 4090 Sprim Liquid X  OC'd, 64gb Gskill Trident Z DDR5, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 SSD,. Winwing throttle, Winwing panels/MIPs and VKB GF3/MCGU stick, MFG Crosswind V2, HP REVERB G2.

Hi there! I was just wondering if anyone is using OVGME to manage their mods for the vsn planes. If so, can you describe how you did it? Thanks! 

"...I just wanna fly; put your arms around me baby, put your arms around me baby" - Sugar Ray

RTX 3090, Ryzen 7 5800X3D, MSI MPG B550 Gaming mobo, 64 GB DDR4 RAM, 970 EVO Plus NVMe M.2 SSD 2TB game install drive, Oculus Quest Pro via link cable, Standalone DCS beta.

53 minutes ago, Sandmonkee said:

Hi there! I was just wondering if anyone is using OVGME to manage their mods for the vsn planes. If so, can you describe how you did it? Thanks! 

I use it, here I have some screenshots that hopefully will be able to guide you:

1) This is how the Mod looks on OvGME:

cyMR3Zq.jpg

2) This is the File as used by OvGME:

eg5mF1d.jpg

3) This is the Mod once aplied, it goes onto Saved Games:

f2i1cEq.jpg

4) This is how it looks on DCs Editor:

pAlueB8.jpg

5) This is how it looks on the game, you need to have FC3 installed for it to work.

jKKQImc.jpg

7sYnFSN.jpg

KbZ3wVW.jpg

Y0QzNOg.jpg

Best regards,

Eduardo

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

51 minutes ago, Rudel_chw said:

I use it, here I have some screenshots that hopefully will be able to guide you:

1) This is how the Mod looks on OvGME:

cyMR3Zq.jpg

2) This is the File as used by OvGME:

eg5mF1d.jpg

3) This is the Mod once aplied, it goes onto Saved Games:

f2i1cEq.jpg

4) This is how it looks on DCs Editor:

pAlueB8.jpg

5) This is how it looks on the game, you need to have FC3 installed for it to work.

jKKQImc.jpg

7sYnFSN.jpg

KbZ3wVW.jpg

Y0QzNOg.jpg

Best regards,

Eduardo

Wow, this is fantastic, thank you so much! You helped me figure out what I was doing wrong. I set mine up for the main DCS World folder, which I guess works properly for purchased modules, but I will need to create another profile that points to the saved games folder for the VSN and other community aircraft.

Once again, thank you so much, I know exactly what to do now! 

Edited by Sandmonkee

"...I just wanna fly; put your arms around me baby, put your arms around me baby" - Sugar Ray

RTX 3090, Ryzen 7 5800X3D, MSI MPG B550 Gaming mobo, 64 GB DDR4 RAM, 970 EVO Plus NVMe M.2 SSD 2TB game install drive, Oculus Quest Pro via link cable, Standalone DCS beta.

On 3/17/2021 at 3:46 PM, LanceCriminal86 said:

Question for the VSN folks like @cdpkobra, what is involved in having different pilot models for some of these mods? I've noticed most simply use a modern USAF pilot, and I assume for each you'd have to go back and either have someone model or buy/convert a pilot model and then animate it in the EDM. Is that correct? It'd be great to see more of the community mods have helmets and a base pilot that fits some of these "eras" better, but I fully expect it means time, effort, and money in a new pilot model for each one.

Agree. Would be great to have pilots with period correct flying gear for the older airplanes.

Edited by jocko417

Alo amigos, trago-lhes uma sequencia de videos de alguns mods de terceiros como patrick56, hawkeye60, cdpkobra, Cuesta brothers, Markindel  e muitos outros moderadores que nos presenteiam com
 os seus mods fantasticos.
Aqui no meu canal, no Youtube não me canso de agradecera esses amigos do DCS, por seus mods.
O meu muito obrigado.
Canal Joel Gualberto

Hi, I've been using the brilliant F-105 mod for an F-5E mission I'm making but haven't had any luck in getting the F-105G model to work as an AI SEAD flight. If I set the aircraft role to SEAD it just defaults to the Viggen instead. Any idea how this could be rectified?

I love these mods

however  I have a issue that seems I can’t solve. On all VSN mods, I cannot lower the landing gear. After takeoff I can raise the gear, but then it does not come down anymore!

any help?

ps I don’t have any issue with all FC3 official aircraft’s instead.

tried both in Dcs stable and beta version, same issue 

thanks

Edited by Fab8ball

vor 30 Minuten schrieb Fab8ball:

I love these mods

however  I have a issue that seems I can’t solve. On all VSN mods, I cannot lower the landing gear. After takeoff I can raise the gear, but then it does not come down anymore!

any help?

ps I don’t have any issue with all FC3 official aircraft’s instead.

tried both in Dcs stable and beta version, same issue 

thanks

Maybe you are too fast? Had something similar, but when I´m not so fast i can lower landing gear by pushing "G".

54 minutes ago, soulfreak said:

Maybe you are too fast? Had something similar, but when I´m not so fast i can lower landing gear by pushing "G".

Mmm I don’t think so but I will try at lower speed. Any indication how slow should it be to work?

Thanks 

vor 7 Stunden schrieb Fab8ball:

Mmm I don’t think so but I will try at lower speed. Any indication how slow should it be to work?

Thanks 

I guess you have to try & error.

In the VSN F-18C lot 20 mod the gear goes out smaller than 500 Km/h

Edited by soulfreak

Mais uma vez eu venho exaltar e engrandecer a cdpkobra por seus mods excelentes, mas gostaria de fazer um pedido especial em meu nome e de muitos companheiros pilotos virtuais da velha guarda.

Agora que nos temos os F-104, F-105 ,A-4E ,F-80, ja esta na hora de aparecer o F8 Cruzader, o A-1 Skyraider e o F-100 para o VSN/MODS 

fechar com sucesso a Era do Vietnam, sem esquecer do velho buff, o A-7 Corsair.

A voce, amigo cdpkobra, estamos muito satisfeitos com os seus mods, esperando que não nos abandone.

Desde ja, o meu muito obrigado, deste admirador.

Jacson158.

• Like 1

I discovered the VSN series just recently, since its only been of late that I was able to upgrade my system with a good GPU and PS.  Sadly, the VSN team ignores version 1.58, as it is still a very good platform to alot of us.  

If I may, I have a question about the VSN-F14 series A/B-

Can the VSN_F14 mods perform carrier ops..that is, are they able to land using the trip wires and take off using the catapults?  I've only had one landing and the display showed the nose buried under the main deck.  And the only way I could take off using the vsn variant was if I taxied down to the 4th wire of the deck and simply full-throttled with flaps and Afterburners.  But attempting to take off from the catapult area forward deck results in an explosion the moment the front wheel exits the bow.

I have DCS 2.56 along with the following-

F5, F14B, Mirage, MiG-19, MiG-15/Sabre, Flaming Cliffs 3, and MiG-29.  And I have followed this forum in directing me to the german website where all of the VSN mods are being published for users to download into DCS current worlds.

Thank You Kindly for Your Attention-

Eddy

UUUUFFFF I would love to see this Cockpit integrated to the F-104 Aircraft it would look so SEXY I can get the 3D model if you integrate it to the aircraft for every body to use.

fighter-cockpit-collection-3d-model-max-obj-3ds-fbx-stl-dae.jpg

Edited by MEBF109
  • Like 2

vor 19 Stunden schrieb MEBF109:

UUUUFFFF I would love to see this Cockpit integrated to the F-104 Aircraft it would look so SEXY I can get the 3D model if you integrate it to the aircraft for every body to use.

fighter-cockpit-collection-3d-model-max-obj-3ds-fbx-stl-dae.jpg

No need for that.

A cockpit for the 104 is already under construction.

• Like 2

On 3/18/2021 at 11:27 PM, kahuuna said:

Thanks for all of the great work with these aircraft.

I am flying the D and G and trying to get a better understanding of some of the parameters used for bomb dropping.  specifically, items like ripple interval and quan to drop.  when using aircraft such as the SU-25T, as the keyboard inputs are made, you can see what the current value will be.  Like 1, 2, 4 or all  and interval as 0, 0.1, 0.2 etc.  Parameters such as these are not shown in the F 105 D or G and i see no way of presetting or knowing what will happen when i drop.

Is there anyway of 'knowing' what the current setting is?  or some way of hard-wiring a value to insure the desired setting?

I love the THUD, and have great fun with it.  I am just looking for some way to have better understanding / control for my salvo / ripple work.

Cheers,

I think it is ripple decrease in the inputs? When you hit that button, an orange-ish light comes on in the forward-right console. That indicates that you will now just drop the bombs from the selected station from one wing. The bombs on the other wing stay put. I have not yet found a way to just drop e.g. 3 of the 6 bombs from the 6-bombs-rack...but to divide it between stations is a step ahead I think 😉

On 3/30/2021 at 1:16 PM, Fab8ball said:

Thanks 

You need to be below 250kts. If you are faster, the gear does not come down. I think it is 450 km/h for the F-105. Same with the flaps. Flaps stage one 250 kts or 450 km/h, landing flaps (flaps stage 2) even slower, I think 200 kts and 400 km/h...

Am 3.4.2021 um 00:35 schrieb Cheap_Trick:

Can the VSN_F14 mods perform carrier ops..that is, are they able to land using the trip wires and take off using the catapults?  I've only had one landing and the display showed the nose buried under the main deck.  And the only way I could take off using the vsn variant was if I taxied down to the 4th wire of the deck and simply full-throttled with flaps and Afterburners.  But attempting to take off from the catapult area forward deck results in an explosion the moment the front wheel exits the bow.

The SFM is causing problems with the aircraft carrier.
-Catapult launch does not work with SFM, last working DCS version is 2.5.6.49798.
-When launching the aircraft explodes, on some mods it works and on others it doesn't. I haven't found the bug yet.
-Landing must be very accurate, no margin for error.
- Since ED locked the DLL, I don't fly DCS anymore, so I don't see the errors.

Am 17.3.2021 um 20:46 schrieb LanceCriminal86:

Unfortunately, I can not model, I bought the pilot and put in the planes. It is difficult to find good 3D pilot models.