VSN flyable aircraft mods

1 minute ago, razo+r said:

But they probably would mind if a helicopter flew like a jet instead of a helicopter or if all the screens are at the wrong location. 

Could this Cobra flyable mod have A-10A avionics would that allow for  having screen at the same place as A-10A screen?

So if Cobra made flyable wih AI flight model, but using Cockpit and avionics from A-10A. 

----RED FLAG---- DCS Server. Discord: https://discord.gg/2PjQ52V

1 minute ago, razo+r said:

If you use it with A10 avionics it will most likely also use A10 flight model. 

What is the most simple way?  With all screens at the wrong place? What kind of screens are they? I mean so that FC3 user could fly Cobra. Is there any way? 

So you are concearned mainly with flight characteristics rather than with weapon employment?

The simplest way would be to replace the model. But that most likely causes issues with animations. And since we dont have the source model, solving it would be time consuming or impossible. 

And besides that, yes. Having a helicopter behave like a jet is very questionable. 

10 minutes ago, razo+r said:

And besides that, yes. Having a helicopter behave like a jet is very questionable. 

Oh that. I thought of keeping Cobra AI SFM. and giving it a cockpit from A-10A. But i guess  that  would bring  some implications. what if not to give it FC3 cockpit at all  would it make things any easier?

• 2 weeks later...

How to hang M-117 bombs on all pylons in F-105 ?

I tried this by adding them to all the pylons in the appropriate file, but in the M-117 game they were still only on the outer nodes. In addition, I noticed that with the A-10 avionics, bombing in the CCIP mode proved impossible, at least with the Mk-83 bombs. Thank you for any help!

Edited by 8ELT_GRZESIEK

37 minutes ago, LCO489 said:

VSN F-84 is out now and the level of details in the model is amazing. Nice work guys.

Thanks for the heads up 👍 .. the download link is:

https://www.lockonforum.de/community/thread/8321-f-84g-thunderjet/

Its author says that it isnt finished yet, but to me it is not a problem because I will most likely use it as AI only and as background eye candy on my F-86 & Mig-19 missions:

s6VHQFf.jpg

it certainly looks gorgeous, pity that it has just a single livery for now 😞

PY5dphD.jpg

Thanks a lot @cdpkobra for providing so many interesting cold war aircrafts for DCS, I truly enjoy having them available on my missions  🙂

Eduardo

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

9 hours ago, Rudel_chw said:

Thanks for the heads up 👍 .. the download link is:

https://www.lockonforum.de/community/thread/8321-f-84g-thunderjet/

Its author says that it isnt finished yet, but to me it is not a problem because I will most likely use it as AI only and as background eye candy on my F-86 & Mig-19 missions:

s6VHQFf.jpg

PY5dphD.jpg

Thanks a lot @cdpkobra for providing so many interesting cold war aircrafts for DCS, I truly enjoy having them available on my missions  🙂

Eduardo

Very nice mod indeed. But seems it is not possible to fire the sidewinders in any way, only guns work. Any suggestions? Thanks 

1 hour ago, Fab8ball said:

Very nice mod indeed. But seems it is not possible to fire the sidewinders in any way, only guns work. Any suggestions? Thanks 

The F-84G never mounted Sidewinders, using a realistic loadout is a good workaround. 🙂

• Like 2

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

1 hour ago, Fab8ball said:

Ok but why it is possible to load them then???

Maybe because of:

"Current version 2.5.7.01 WIP

The mod is unfortunately not finished yet, at the moment I'm still busy on other projects.
Most of it should work correctly."

On 5/21/2021 at 3:19 PM, Rudel_chw said:

Eduardo

Does this help? 🙂 (WIP)

We really need a '50s NATO/Warsaw Pact map...

ModelViewer2 2021-05-25 18-58-25-98.png

• Like 5

Hi.  Where did you get the M117s on the C/L hardpoint?

Usual load going up north was 6 M117s C/L and one on each wingtip until they started running out and loaded less.   Have to find some new skins also I see.
image.png

I tried to do something myself so that I could hang the 6 x M117 on the central weapons node, but it didn't work out. Once I was able to do it with the Su-17M4 plane, but not in the case of the F-105. I even wrote to the mod's creator but he didn't answer me.

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/upload/iblock/822/Screen_170930_172629.jpg

You need to find the appropriate .edm name of the dispenser unit and the weapon you want to use. Then declare a loadout in the lua.  The loadout delaration will need the appropriate data filled in such as names, CLSID, weights, number of elements, position of the elements on the dispenser, etc.   After that is done you need to place the loadout information under the pylons details you want to have the weapons mounted on.

Sometimes there is already a CLSID listed in the aircraft lua and that will save you the trouble of declaring a loadout.   One picture is a Thud during load testing, the other is the VSN F-105 (coincidently, also during load testing)

Information is being sent to the VSN team on what I did to load up the M117's on their fantastic mod.

seabat

F105D Actual 1.jpg

Thud Game.png

• Like 1

That's the loadout except with wing tanks.  Normal RP6 flights had 6-8 750 lbers.  Or EW pods on the wingtips, or a single AIM9.

So I guess I could copy the Mk82 centerline loadout?  Replace them with M117s?

Why didn't the loadout work?

9 hours ago, 8ELT_GRZESIEK said:

I tried to do something myself so that I could hang the 6 x M117 on the central weapons node, but it didn't work out. Once I was able to do it with the Su-17M4 plane, but not in the case of the F-105. I even wrote to the mod's creator but he didn't answer me.

9 hours ago, cdpkobra said:

I do not understand the question correctly, the bombs are defined in the "VSN_F105D.lua".

I'm new to luas and understanding their language so far is slow for me.  🙂

6 hours ago, Чарик80 said:

Hello, sorry for the translator, please tell me-the problem is this; VS_F 35+v2. 5. 5. 08 works-but I can't fly on it-I need a different version of the mod?I have the latest 2-5 version of the game......

I think you need Flaming Cliffs to fly it. I don´t have and i only can use the VSN aircraft as AI.

Hope it did help you in some way.

Best regards. Be safe.

F.

- "Don't be John Wayne in the Break if you´re going to be Jerry Lewis on the Ball".

About carrier ops: "The younger pilots are still quite capable of holding their heads forward against the forces. The older ones have been doing this too long and know better; sore necks make for poor sleep.'

PC: I7 4790K 4.6ghz | 32GB RAM | Zotac GTX 1080Ti 11Gb DDR5x | Water cooler NZXT AIO Kraken x53 | 3.5TB (x4 SSD´s) | Valve Index| Andre´s JeatSeat.