VSN flyable aircraft mods

6 hours ago, Чарик80 said:

Hello, sorry for the translator, please tell me-the problem is this; VS_F 35+v2. 5. 5. 08 works-but I can't fly on it-I need a different version of the mod?I have the latest 2-5 version of the game......

Do you have FC3? 

Did you install it correctly for the version you are using? 

What do you mean latest 2.5? There is no such thing. Either you have 2.5, or, the latest version, 2.7,with which it might not work.

12.06.2021 в 21:44, razo+r сказал:

Do you have FC3? 

What do you mean latest 2.5? There is no such thing. Either you have 2.5, or, the latest version, 2.7,with which it might not work.

Well, I almost figured it out-F35 version 25610-it worked for me

• Like 1

12.06.2021 в 21:44, razo+r сказал:

Do you have FC3? 

I would like to adjust the internal suspension so that the GBU31 does not stick out of the plane-i need help

Hello folks,

Can anyone please tell me if you can use aircraft skins/liveries from other aircraft on VSN aircraft, example: Use a heat blur F-14 skin on VSN F-14? Sorry if this has been addressed before. 

Cheers Mates!

16 minutes ago, mikeg65 said:

Hello folks,

Can anyone please tell me if you can use aircraft skins/liveries from other aircraft on VSN aircraft, example: Use a heat blur F-14 skin on VSN F-14? Sorry if this has been addressed before. 

Cheers Mates!

Nope. That’s not how skins work. It would be like trying to move one cockpit gauge from one aircraft and putting it in a completely different one, not going to happen - it’s meant for one only.

Alien desktop PC, Intel i7-8700 CPU@3.20GHz 6 Core, Nvidia GTX 1070, 16GB RAM. TM Warthog stick and Throttles. Saitek ProFlight pedals.

Go to the user files download page and type VSN in the search box in the upper right.  That will give you some other files that are not skins but will get you most of the ones made for VSN aircraft.   "VSN" will be in the description / details for identification.

seabat

• Thanks 1

On 6/25/2021 at 8:53 AM, mikeg65 said:

Hello folks,

Cheers Mates!

I believe the model specified where the part of the image file goes for the wing, and where the image of the fuselage is taken from.  Different model, the "skin" bitmap will have to put it's wing and fuselage artwork in a different location on the bitmap. So the short easy answer is "no". 

Now that said... if someone had all the time in he world, and didn't mind the extra work... "in theory" it might be possible for a skilled skin painter to take an existing "skin", and use that artwork, to then place into the repaint for a different "skin/model" combination, and that could work.  But there's a few problems: actually doing this could be very frustrating and time consuming. It may not look very good due to issues with resolutions and copy/paste, and the surfaces being a different geometry definition due to different modeler having a new plan for laying out the bitmaps. And finally, because you are using someone else's artwork, the expectation is that you'd get permission to modify and share with the community, but you may be unable to contact the original author in some cases, a few may refuse, and if the skin was part of a paid module, you'd need to get permission from the original payware dev team.

Honestly, at some point it probably becomes easier for a skilled artist to just make their own version that is "inspired" by the original skin.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/3/2021 at 10:35 PM, Saguanay said:

That's the loadout except with wing tanks.  Normal RP6 flights had 6-8 750 lbers.  Or EW pods on the wingtips, or a single AIM9.

So I guess I could copy the Mk82 centerline loadout?  Replace them with M117s?

Why didn't the loadout work?

I'm new to luas and understanding their language so far is slow for me.  🙂

You need to find The right CLSID-Code for the M117 in the weapons.lua in your dcs installation Folder. Use NotePad++ for this.

Than you need to copy that to The pylon you want The bombs on...but I Think I habe looked and didn't find 6xM117...so it could be a waste of time...

There is a CLSID for an MER and 6 ea M117.  {6CDB6B36-7165-47D0-889F-6625FB333561}

Unfortunately the position of the bombs is not accurate and they overlap.   I tried to find a code file for that CLSID but was not successful.

I decided to make a new unit payload declaration using a BRU41A and M117’s.  It works and the bombs are positioned correctly.  I have not got around to repainting the BRU to match the Thud colors.  I created a wire map but got side tracked with VSN F/A-18D.

I am also searching for a way to get the Thud to drop CBU’s.  They sometimes carried 4 ea CBU’s for SAM suppression on the centerline.  I can get them mounted to the centerline pylon using a BRU41A and CBU52’s but they will not drop.  Wing pylons work fine.

Also trying to figure out how to increase the drop delay so they don’t salvo all at once.

Thud is still a great mod and thanks to the VSN team for making it available.  It is even better flying over the Marianas Map.

seabat

DCS PIC (3952).jpeg

DCS PIC (4081).jpeg

• Like 1

21 hours ago, musolo said:

Wonder why F-15E flyable mod has same number of AA weapon stations as F15C?  Is it possible to increase number of available AA missiles pylons? 

No, the F-15E actually only has the same A-A stations as the C, the ones on the body are just moved to the CFT.

2 minutes ago, Spurts said:

No, the F-15E actually only has the same A-A stations as the C, the ones on the body are just moved to the CFT.

Exactly. That is also the reason the F-15EX gained two extra pylons on the wings - for A2A stores.

• Like 1

Alien desktop PC, Intel i7-8700 CPU@3.20GHz 6 Core, Nvidia GTX 1070, 16GB RAM. TM Warthog stick and Throttles. Saitek ProFlight pedals.

On 4/16/2021 at 7:43 PM, Cheap_Trick said:

I'm testing VSN one by one...following the installments of Flaming Cliffs 3 and using the 'Saved Games' folder.  At this hour, all VSN modules are working with v2.7 and I do note that Rafale, Eurofighter, Mirage lll, and the VSN-F-18 variants can land on the regular and super carrier.  But hookup for cat launch code is absent and will probably remain this way due to the SFM limitations.

What version are you using?

Planes: A-10C/II - FC3 - F/A-18C - F-16c - F-5 - F-15E - F-4E

Helicopters: UH-1H Huey - KA-50 Black Shark - AH-64D

Maps: Sinai - Normandy 2.0 - Channel - Syria - Persian Gulf - South Atlantic

Extras: Supercarrier - WWII Asset Pack

PC SPECS: CPU, Intel i5 4670K @ 4.2GHz | MOBO, ASUS/Z87-A | MEMORY, HyperX FURY Series 32GB (4x8GB) DDR3 Memory1833Mhz |GRAPHICS CARD, GIGABYTE RTX 2060 6GB GDDR6, 1920 Core, 1755Mhz | PSU, CoolerMaster Real Power Pro 1250W 80Plus | Flight Stick, Logitech X-56 | Rudder Pedals, Logitech G | O/S, Windows 10, 64bit | Hard Drives, Samsung SSD 860 QVO 1TB

ola a todos os moderadores e aqui faço um apelo  a cdpkobrae aos seus colaboardores: por favor,  considerem por um instante em fazer um Mod do F8E Cruzader, mesmo com o cockpit do
F-15 ,para que nos possamos utilizar a  transportadora do ED,num cenario dos anos 60.
Ja temos o A-4, o A-6 e ate mesmo o F-105 Thund, faltando mesmo o F8E, para podermos
criar um cenario do cnflito do Vietnam.
Desde 
a agradeço por todos os mod do VSN.

Hello to all moderators and here I appeal to cdpkobra and its collaborators: please consider for a moment making a F8E Cruzader Mod, even with the cockpit of the
F-15, so that we can use the ED carrier, in a 60's scenario.
We already have the A-4, the A-6 and even the F-105 Thund, even missing the F8E, so we can
create a scenario of the Vietnam conflict.
Since
Thank you for all the VSN flyable aircraft mods.

F-4E phantom Issue

I downloaded al of the vsn mods and i can add them in mission editor and fly them as a client or player.

they A4E works in multiplayer as well.

However  the A4 phantom i cant not be selected after adding  in mission editor as a player or client or in a multiply game( when added)

it just acts as aI

anything amiss i need to d with the mod.  This is the first time i have added them

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi to all!!!

That's my last work for the mighty Blackbird  

Livery for VSN_YF12A v2.7.5.02 MOD  

Here the link for the Mod: https://filehorst.de/folder.php?key=duuqITUb

YOU NEED FC3  

-----------------------------------------------  

SR-71A #61-7972 is on display at the Steven F. Udvar-Hazy Center in Chantilly, VA. From 1991 until September 2003, #972 was in storage at Washington Dulles International Airport in a building specifically constructed for this aircraft. There, it was under strict surveillance by National Air and Space Museum representatives, who regularly adjusted humidity levels to ensure the best possible preservation conditions. This aircraft is no doubt the best-looking of the remaining SR-71s, along with SR-71A #976.  

This aircraft holds many records that were set on 6 March 1990, when it was flown from Palmdale to Dulles in what was intended to be the last USAF flight of the SR-71. It also holds the New York to London record of 1 hour, 54 minutes, 56.4 seconds set in 1974. You may have noted the Skunk Works insignia on the rudders of #972. After SR-71A #955's last flight on 24 January 1985, #972 became the Palmdale test aircraft. This aircraft's assembly started 13 December 1965 and was rolled out on 15 September 1966. #972 first flew on 12 December 1966 and over the course of 23½ years, it flew for 2801.1 hours.

Link for livery: https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/it/files/3318236/

1.jpg

4.jpg

6.jpg

5.jpg

2.jpg

Edited by Jack_Veil
  • Thanks 3

Thanks a lot for sharing this ... it's really nice:

oxs53rQ.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB