VSN flyable aircraft mods

Hi,

I am having trouble contacting a tanker with VSN F-4E mod.

I just downloaded two VSN modules; the F-4E and F-22. They work and look great. However, in the same mission, when I choose my client as F-22, I can contact a tanker to refuel, but in the Phantom, the tanker does not return the call to rejoin. Dead silence! I have looked at everything but cannot seem to find the culprit. If I change the Phantom to say, FC3 F-15C, I can talk to the tanker, no problem. I am running the latest OpenBeta as of today and modules are the latest versions. Any ideas?

Thanks.

34 minutes ago, Shahriar0 said:

Hi,

I am having trouble contacting a tanker with VSN F-4E mod.

I just downloaded two VSN modules; the F-4E and F-22. They work and look great. However, in the same mission, when I choose my client as F-22, I can contact a tanker to refuel, but in the Phantom, the tanker does not return the call to rejoin. Dead silence! I have looked at everything but cannot seem to find the culprit. If I change the Phantom to say, FC3 F-15C, I can talk to the tanker, no problem. I am running the latest OpenBeta as of today and modules are the latest versions. Any ideas?

Thanks.

Using the wrong tanker? 

I'm using KC-135 tanker, and Phantom with a receptacle behind cockpit similar to F-16 (which I have refueled successfully with the same tanker) should have worked, right?

Also, the VSN_F4E.lua file has the REFUELABLE attribute, although the location of the receptacle is all 0s (which would be my next question as how to find the correct coordinate.)

Thanks.

Edited by Shahriar0

On 12/14/2021 at 1:45 PM, Geschirre said:

I finally figured it out.  I changed the "argument value from 200 to 0.  The only weird thing is when air starting a mission the landing clips out and back in at the beginning for a

That's because your "fix" is wrong. Argument 0 is the nose gear. So, your code is just activating the landing gear instead of the lights.

Good day all and happy holiday's,

If possible and someone is so kind and willing to share it's personal KFIR mod file it would be greatly appreciated do not worry I won't share it unless told otherwise and I already verified the lock on forum and couldn't find the KFIR.

Thanks in advance, have a fantastic week, take care and stay safe.

v/r.

GUYVER ARMOR

Edited by MEBF109

On 12/17/2021 at 5:29 AM, Shahriar0 said:

I'm using KC-135 tanker, and Phantom with a receptacle behind cockpit similar to F-16 (which I have refueled successfully with the same tanker) should have worked, right?

Also, the VSN_F4E.lua file has the REFUELABLE attribute, although the location of the receptacle is all 0s (which would be my next question as how to find the correct coordinate.)

Thanks.

Can I expect some sort of solution to this, or am I at a dead-end? Thanks.

On 12/27/2021 at 8:33 AM, Shahriar0 said:

Can I expect some sort of solution to this, or am I at a dead-end? Thanks.

That aircraft doesn't seem to get a lot of love.  Are you on the F104 Discord?  They have a F4 channel there.  Might be some modders who have sorted that out but aren't here.

• 2 weeks later...
vor 14 Stunden schrieb Zdzich:

Hi i have problems with VSN i have steam edition DCS and dont know what to do with vsn can i put it in newest versions? also have F4B but it dont have cockpit 😞

Read the installation instructions in 1st post!

For a Cockpit you need FC3 & you must follow the installation instructions on page 1 (copy some folders from FC3).

• Like 2

Is anyone else having difficulty with launching the F-4B from a Carrier? I even used the SuperCarrier and it was struggling to stay airborne after launch. I had full burner, half flaps and raised gear as soon as I cleared the deck and still sank to almost kissing the water, holding it at almost stalling out to get it to climb

• 4 weeks later...

Hi guys, I know in post 1 there are some links but I can't find a complete list of all the VSN mods available for DCS O.B.

Can you please point me to the right link please? 🙂

Night Flier

_________________________________________________________________________________________

i7 9700K, MSI RTX 2080, 32GB RAM (3200 MHz), SSD m.2 1TB, Monitor 32'' WQHD 2560x1440, Windows 10 Pro

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
18 minutes ago, nickmow said:

Where do I find the F4B ???  😁👍🏻

VSN mod.

https://www.lockonforum.de/community/thread/8349-f-4-phantom-ii/?postID=85221#post85221

• Thanks 1

- "Don't be John Wayne in the Break if you´re going to be Jerry Lewis on the Ball".

About carrier ops: "The younger pilots are still quite capable of holding their heads forward against the forces. The older ones have been doing this too long and know better; sore necks make for poor sleep.'

PC: I7 4790K 4.6ghz | 32GB RAM | Zotac GTX 1080Ti 11Gb DDR5x | Water cooler NZXT AIO Kraken x53 | 3.5TB (x4 SSD´s) | Valve Index| Andre´s JeatSeat.