VSN flyable aircraft mods

Hello,

Thank you vr4y much for your excellent and prolific work.
You are giving us a very good opportunity to recreate the Vietnam era in DCS (F104, F105, A6...).

However, I'm experiencing an strange issue with the F105G mod.

It shows a very strange rectangular sort of "shadow" that is present constantly. 

I've de-installed and re-installed the mod several times (even repairing my DCS copy) and this issue is always persistent.

It only happens on the F105G model. F105D has no issues.

Screen_220420_202734.png

Screen_220421_000925.png

Screen_220421_000940.png

This is what I'm referring to.  

This weird shape follows my plane wherever it goes like if it was part of the ground where it was standing.

the only moment you don't see it, is when you are looking to the aircraft belly (like if it was transparent from below)

And it only appears in the double seater model.

I'm I doing something wrong?

Does anyone know how to fix this?

Thanks in advance for your support and congratulations again for your excellent work

Antonio

• 2 weeks later...

Also the VSN F105 is causing the same problem, DCS CTD on start-up

It has to do with the Weapons.lua file

I can't figure what it is, DCS log says :

2022-04-29 02:17:01.776 ALERT   Dispatcher: Error running db_scan: ?:0: attempt to concatenate field 'CLSID' (a nil value)
2022-04-29 02:17:01.776 INFO    APP: application shutdown
2022-04-29 02:17:02.020 WARNING EDOBJECTS: lTypeObjectManager::Create() doesn't exist.
2022-04-29 02:17:02.087 INFO    TERRAIN: lSystem::exit()
2022-04-29 02:17:02.087 INFO    TERRAIN: lSystem::CleanScenes()
=== Log closed.

It wasn't a problem til this last update:

2022-04-29 02:16:49.481 INFO    APP: Command line: "C:\DCS World OpenBeta\bin/DCS.exe"
2022-04-29 02:16:49.481 INFO    APP: DCS/2.7.12.23362 (x86_64; Windows NT 10.0.19044)
2022-04-29 02:16:49.481 INFO    APP: Application revision: 203362
2022-04-29 02:16:49.481 INFO    APP: Renderer revision: 22994
2022-04-29 02:16:49.481 INFO    APP: Terrain revision: 23075
2022-04-29 02:16:49.481 INFO    APP: Build number: 892.7.12.23362

Edited by christopher m
  • Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Christopher M

On 4/15/2022 at 11:47 AM, Fab8ball said:

Hi There, as variation on the excellent F-5 VSN mod, would it be possible to create also a F-20 Tigershark mod eventually?

F-20_Tigershark_launching_AGM-65_Maverick.jpg

F-20 Tigershark would be just great. Sadly, there is no good 3d-model around...the ones that are available are...well...ääähhh...yes 😉

• ED Team

To mod creators: DCS crashes in Mods\aircraft\FA-18C\Cockpit\Scripts\device_init.lua due to old script used in mod. You have to correct this script according to actual (i.e. 2.7.12.23362) ED original

---------------------------------------------
dofile(LockOn_Options.common_script_path.."KNEEBOARD/declare_kneeboard_device.lua")

creators[devices.KNEEBOARD] = {
    "F18::avKneeboard_F18",
    LockOn_Options.common_script_path.."KNEEBOARD/device/init.lua",
    {}
}
dofile(LockOn_Options.common_script_path.."PADLOCK/PADLOCK_declare.lua")

• Thanks 3

Men may keep a sort of level of good, but no man has ever been able to keep on one level of evil. That road goes down and down.  
Можно держаться на одном уровне добра, но никому и никогда не удавалось удержаться на одном уровне зла. Эта дорога ведёт вниз и вниз.

G.K. Chesterton

DCS World 2.5: Часто задаваемые вопросы

Hi guys.

I just fixed the problem of DCS crashing because of the 105 (hopefully and for a longer time). There was a small bug in the weapons.lua which DCS only registered after the patch...seem DCS gets more and more picky with every patch. I'll try to attach the weapons.lua which works....

Just copy it into the weapons-folder in your F-105 directory and everything should work again.

Cheers,

PeeJott.

Weapons.lua

Edited by PeeJott17
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Excellent, will test now.

many thanks..

H'mmm, i must be doing something wrong.

I am using VSN_F105+v2.5.6.10+FC3+SFM.  the newer version has that strange block always under aircraft.

First i looked into the DCS.openbeta\Mods\aircraft\VSN_F105 dir, and did not see a Weapons dir.  I created Weapons dir and placed the Weapons.lua file in it and DCS still crashed on start.

Next i looked at some other mods and  tried the Weapons.lua file directly in the VSN_F105 dir, but still  crash.

If i am doing something wrong, please let me know.

again, many thanks for your work with this.

ted.

Edited by kahuuna
more info

21 hours ago, Raptor Two Four said:

VSN_FA18F (Modell VNAO) seems to be stopping DCS from starting after the latest update.

Yup same here. A must have for my carrier ops and i hope it can be fixed.

- "Don't be John Wayne in the Break if you´re going to be Jerry Lewis on the Ball".

About carrier ops: "The younger pilots are still quite capable of holding their heads forward against the forces. The older ones have been doing this too long and know better; sore necks make for poor sleep.'

PC: I7 4790K 4.6ghz | 32GB RAM | Zotac GTX 1080Ti 11Gb DDR5x | Water cooler NZXT AIO Kraken x53 | 3.5TB (x4 SSD´s) | Valve Index| Andre´s JeatSeat.

7 hours ago, PeeJott17 said:

Hi guys.

I just fixed the problem of DCS crashing because of the 105 (hopefully and for a longer time). There was a small bug in the weapons.lua which DCS only registered after the patch...seem DCS gets more and more picky with every patch. I'll try to attach the weapons.lua which works....

Just copy it into the weapons-folder in your F-105 directory and everything should work again.

Cheers,

PeeJott.

Weapons.lua 8.72 kB · 9 downloads

BIG THNX for this,

Best Regards

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Christopher M

My results 

Under the most recent patch from last week

DLed the latest VSN 105 here : 

VSN Mods: DCS World Stable und OpenBeta
https://filehorst.de/folder.php?key=duuqITUb

DELETE YOUR OLD VSN-F105 ( contains the D and G models) 

F-105D works fine 

F-1105G has the rectangle shadow artifact under it. I have DLed the LUA file above on this page but have not tried it yet

Currently the below WILL cause DCS not to startup. I have tested this several times: 

VSN FA-18F

VSN FA-18C

I have found no work around

The VSN FA-18CBlk20 from the link/page above works fine. 

1MAY2022

• Like 2

10 hours ago, ElvisDaKang said:

My results 

Under the most recent patch from last week

DLed the latest VSN 105 here : 

VSN Mods: DCS World Stable und OpenBeta
https://filehorst.de/folder.php?key=duuqITUb

DELETE YOUR OLD VSN-F105 ( contains the D and G models) 

F-105D works fine 

F-1105G has the rectangle shadow artifact under it. I have DLed the LUA file above on this page but have not tried it yet

Currently the below WILL cause DCS not to startup. I have tested this several times: 

VSN FA-18F

VSN FA-18C

I have found no work around

The VSN FA-18CBlk20 from the link/page above works fine. 

1MAY2022

confirm, on the G version the rectangle is there, with or without the Weapons.lua change. No idea why

How do I get to see the 3D cockpit of the Mirage III ?

I don't have FC3 until the next sale. Is it possible that I can import any other cockpit like the F-104 or the Su-25T ?

Its  a beautiful aircraft and a dream come true for me. Thanks a lot to the developers.

M.

On 4/30/2022 at 12:50 AM, kahuuna said:

No, it is still there.  I was commenting about getting both to load and able to work with them.

The D version 'seems' to be all working and the G version still has the block below the aircraft.

Hi.

We'll be looking into it and getting rid of this stupid square 😉
Hopefully we can release another patch soon...

Cheers,

PeeJott.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1