VSN flyable aircraft mods

12 minutes ago, crazyeddie said:

I have a working AI only, it's not flyable. 

That'll do mate, I was only using the GR4 as AI before anyway.

AMD Ryzen 9 7845HX with Radeon Graphics           3.00 GHz

32 GB RAM

2 TB SSD

RTX 4070 8GB

Windows 11 64 bit

• 1 month later...

• Like 1

VR Flight Guy in PJ Pants -- this is how I fly. We do not fly at treetop height, we fly between trees(TM)

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCc9BDi-STaqgWsjNiHbW0fA

My simple missions: https://forum.dcs.world/topic/284071-vr-flight-guy-in-pj-pants-simple-missions/

NSRI - National Strategy Research Institution, a fictional organisation based on wordplay of Strategic Naval Research Institution (SNRI), a fictional institution appears in Mobile Suit Gundam UC timeline.

F-4B/C, afaict, nope.

VR Flight Guy in PJ Pants -- this is how I fly. We do not fly at treetop height, we fly between trees(TM)

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCc9BDi-STaqgWsjNiHbW0fA

My simple missions: https://forum.dcs.world/topic/284071-vr-flight-guy-in-pj-pants-simple-missions/

NSRI - National Strategy Research Institution, a fictional organisation based on wordplay of Strategic Naval Research Institution (SNRI), a fictional institution appears in Mobile Suit Gundam UC timeline.

17 hours ago, Chap2012 said:

The updated F4 is out!

Thanks for the heads up, just downladed it:

f95gYbD.jpg

DkuARV9.jpg

The exterior is OK, most glaring omission is the absence of canopy struts ... but the interior of the front cockpit is gorgeous, with several clickable controls .. hopefully VSN will keep adding more controls, as it brings the aircraft closer to a study level aircraft

oFmITOH.jpg

1 hour ago, Tank50us said:

does anyone even know how to *start* the F-4 up?

Not yet, the Mod cames with zero instructions ... but will do some trial & error today and then make a short training mission for cold start. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

41 minutes ago, Urbi said:

Hi Guys!
Unfortunately, I can't spare myself criticism of this mod. As nice as everything looks in pictures, it really isn't. With the start of work on an EFM from PeeJott17, there are a few things that are not understandable. all of the EFM's he's created require you to reverse the thrust "why?". With the nose wheel control you have to execute two keys of the keyboard and additionally the movement left and right "Why?". Why doesn't the standard stay here. Why, if no one has noticed it yet, in all the dlls written by him and the mods he edits, the cylinders of the shock absorbers of the wheel suspensions are fully inflated, i.e. Args 1.4 and 6 to 0.0 when they have this load. Why does he store standard keyboard commands in his dll, so that the mod cannot be flown without his dll. Why is it a pain to get the taxi to the runway and take off. I don't feel the weight of the plane. It's just that 80 percent of the jets in the mods used by VSN have a mechanical joystick(old), so you should feel the rudder pressure on the joystick. The nose wheel steering issue (created by an update of ED) is not addressed. There is only the reference point to the underground through the entry Maingear. With all the defects that occur and those that are to be expected, I wonder why this mod isn't still Wip. It is correct that it is stated here that there is no documentation. With all due respect to the work on this mod, one does not seem to be able to write a unit payload either. I can't just focus on one thing with realism and neglect everything else. then it's not a good mod. from the model, the B isn't a B and the C isn't a C. This requires changes to the model that shouldn't be that complicated. The differences in versions of the F-4 were usually antennas and sensors.

I'm sure, you will provide us a much better mod... I'm very eager to try your enhanced mod... thank you so much in advance!!! I can't wait for your version...

Cheers

• Like 1

1 minute ago, THERION said:

I'm sure, you will provide us a much better mod... I'm very eager to try your enhanced mod... thank you so much in advance!!! I can't wait for your version...

Cheers

Not sure if his mod will match your attempt at wit.

His criticism is welcome and informative.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, THERION said:

No need for sarcasm, Urbi's criticizes specific aspects of this Mod in a polite way and focusing on the Mod and not its author.

His views are valuable to many of us, as he has shared a lot of his own work here ( https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/filter/sort-is-date_desc/user-is-urbi/apply/ ) and has collaborated on many aircraft Mods, like the Civil Aircraft Mod ..

... So, he is not airing empty criticism like many others do. Hopefully the Mod's author will strive to improve the Mod and reduce its shortcomings.

Edited by Rudel_chw
  • Like 6

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

2 hours ago, Nealius said:

I'm going to add to Urbi's criticism with two playability points: 

1. TACAN doesn't appear to work, which makes naval ops a bit rough

2. Pitch trim is overly sensitive with inconsistent trim amounts (usually too much) being applied to taps of the trim hat

One more I found, you can still control the jet once ejected!! 😄

• Like 1

Everyone can have their own opinions, good or bad, free speech and all that, people will agree and people won't. 

Myself I wouldn't say anything bad to anyone who makes mods for DCS, i fully respect their hard work, best part...i get to repaint them 😀

As i find (at the moment) this new F-4 unflyable so i just wont use it, end of. I have zero issues with it.......i just move on.

• Like 2