VSN flyable aircraft mods

You can also download the SFM version of the mods, link is now in the first post

Could you explain how you were able to get the mod to work on the newest version of DCS by using a SFM?

Intel i7 9700k CPU

Nvidia GTX 1080Ti

16GB RAM

Samsung 256GB SSD

Thrustmaster T16000m HOTAS

Could you explain how you were able to get the mod to work on the newest version of DCS by using a SFM?

Go to the first link on this post, check for the versions of mods u need. it should be saying VSN Mods 2.5.6 Stable Version download whatever u need.

Next Copy folders from Flaming Cliffs

DCS World\Mods\aircraft\Flaming Cliffs\bin

copy folder "bin" to

VSN_Mod\

DCS World\Mods\aircraft\Flaming Cliffs\FM\data

copy folder "data" to

VSN_Mod\FM\

Thats all.

Check in ur entry.lua of the mod (open with Notepad++) the lines make flyable look like this for example.

make_flyable ('Namexxx', current_mod_path .. '/ Cockpit / KneeboardRight /', nil, current_mod_path .. '/ Comm.lua')

OR

the one that comes with the mod is already for that. Dont change things if you dont know what it'll do.

Dav-Pak-BlackSpider

• 2 weeks later...
Is there any chance we can get the rafale and the jaguar updated for dcs 2.5.6 ?

Where are you seeing the Jaguar??

AMD Ryzen 9 7845HX with Radeon Graphics           3.00 GHz

32 GB RAM

2 TB SSD

RTX 4070 8GB

Windows 11 64 bit

It's in the VSN_AdA_Mod folder for dcs 1.5.4

cool, never noticed it before, I'd like to see the J10 also get brought up to 2.56 standards

32 GB RAM

2 TB SSD

RTX 4070 8GB

Windows 11 64 bit

• 1 month later...

Hi, so i D/L'd the E2D, Eurofighter, f14b, f15e and the fa18c/d.

Extracted to the mods/aircraft folder, (doing the relevant bin and fm folders)

add them into the map (on the s/carrier)

i then run the mission but cant fly the planes, i click fly and am put into an external view of another plane. am i missing something?

Edited by GunnyCook
missed a bit

Win10 64, GeForce GTX1080 Ti, Rift touch, i5- 2.90GHz(o/c), 16gb Corsair Vengance RAM, X-56

KA-50-3, AH-64D, A10c II, AV-8B, MI-8, Spitfire, Viggen, FC3, F-14, F-15c,FA-18,  S/Carrier, CA, Nevada, Normandy 44, Channel,  Persian gulf, Marianas, Syria, Sth Atlantic, 

Hi, so i D/L'd the E2D, Eurofighter, f14b, f15e and the fa18c/d.

Extracted to the mods/aircraft folder, (doing the relevant bin and fm folders)

add them into the map (on the s/carrier)

i then run the mission but cant fly the planes, i click fly and am put into an external view of another plane. am i missing something?

Did you get them to work, i followed the install instructions to the letter. I cant get them to work, all other aircraft mods work, what do I do to get VSN aircraft to work?

Did you get them to work, i followed the install instructions to the letter. I cant get them to work, all other aircraft mods work, what do I do to get VSN aircraft to work?

No mate, i cant get them going, as with you, i followed the instructions, even did a reinstall of dcs just to be sure it wasnt a conflict with other mods...... still nothing

i can get the AI to work, just put one on a strip and give it waypoints

OK, Scrap that, i just downloaded the f14 SFM version, and it worked, going to try the rest.

all i did was extract the zip and drop it into the mods/aircraft folder, that was it.

Edited by GunnyCook
Solved issue

Win10 64, GeForce GTX1080 Ti, Rift touch, i5- 2.90GHz(o/c), 16gb Corsair Vengance RAM, X-56

KA-50-3, AH-64D, A10c II, AV-8B, MI-8, Spitfire, Viggen, FC3, F-14, F-15c,FA-18,  S/Carrier, CA, Nevada, Normandy 44, Channel,  Persian gulf, Marianas, Syria, Sth Atlantic, 

No mate, i cant get them going, as with you, i followed the instructions, even did a reinstall of dcs just to be sure it wasnt a conflict with other mods...... still nothing

i can get the AI to work, just put one on a strip and give it waypoints

OK, Scrap that, i just downloaded the f14 SFM version, and it worked, going to try the rest.

all i did was extract the zip and drop it into the mods/aircraft folder, that was it.

ill give that a try, thanks mate! update, the f14a SFM version works, gonna try the rest.

Edited by SickenedMaggot

• 2 weeks later...

Is anyone else having trouble getting the gear, flaps, or hook to work on any of the aircraft? Currently flying the VSN F-4E. I can get the gear to come up if I start on the runway, but I can't get the gear to come down. I've followed the install instructions to the letter, so I'm a little confused.

Every time there's an update, I lose all the default attachments for the Tornado GR4, they show on the arming page, but not on the actual aircraft itself, I did have a very good set of 3d models, but they stopped working when ED changed their .edm format..very nice they were too !!

32 GB RAM

2 TB SSD

RTX 4070 8GB

Windows 11 64 bit

Had the same problem mentionend above. The 2.5.x still work. Just drop them in your savedgames/DCS/mods/aircraft folder and everything should be fine ;-)

Thanks mate, will give that a try..do they need to be in a specific folder name? like "tornado g4/shapes/" ?

32 GB RAM

2 TB SSD

RTX 4070 8GB

Windows 11 64 bit

I think the folder structure should already be in the *.zip file.

Just copy to savedgames/DCS/mods/aircrafts and unpack...should be done that way :-)

I'm sorry to keep bugging you.. for whatever reason, that didn't work, even the default DCS GR4's don't show any stores other than the weapons..only happened after the last update, as they were all fine 10 days ago.. Screen_201022_132050.thumb.png.e7b000d5e09ea0035f91d2da5e5d93c0.png

32 GB RAM

2 TB SSD

RTX 4070 8GB

Windows 11 64 bit