VSN flyable aircraft mods

On 10/17/2021 at 9:36 AM, Nealius said:

I got the fuel tank texture issue sorted. Does anyone have a USAF bare metal livery? There aren't any in the User Files and the mod pack only comes with SEA camo. 

how exactly?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

On 10/16/2021 at 8:03 AM, Nealius said:

@PeeJott17 The wingtip fuel tank textures aren't working for me for some reason. They're gray with the "missing texture" blocks. It happens on all liveries. Any way to fix it?

They work at first in a new mission, but then break when I open an older mission and change liveries. Sometimes they look fine in the Mission Editor, then break when I start the mission. 

Digital Combat Simulator  Black Shark Screenshot 2021.10.16 - 14.59.41.04.png

Hi.

You need to delete every old F104 mid you got installed and an old Folder in DCS/Liveries where liveries for the older F104 had been stored...

The next thing is to Update older missions with The new mod. Just Jump into ME and select new weapon loadout for The plane. The Mission not only saves The loadout but with The loadout The Names of The textures and where they can be found. These Differ between The old and The new mod.

Ah, just saw it was a description.lua Problem..Sorry for replying late, but somehow The forum does not ping me with this stuff anymore 😞 

On 10/17/2021 at 12:33 AM, Miles Vorkosigan said:

One of the pilots that has been using the server today posted this in our discord. It is an awesome screenshot:

Thanks @janitha2

F104_on_cold_war_73_77_server.png

That is a pretty nice shot 😉👍

Edited by PeeJott17

Not to sound ungrateful, but any chance of getting a 70s HUD on the 104?

Its a beautiful aircraft  but in my squad we emulate 70s aviation and the F 15 HUD is an immersion killer.

Thanks for your most excellent work guys very much appreciated!!

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Baco said:

Not to sound ungrateful, but any chance of getting a 70s HUD on the 104?

Its a beautiful aircraft  but in my squad we emulate 70s aviation and the F 15 HUD is an immersion killer.

Thanks for your most excellent work guys very much appreciated!!

Technically the F-15's HUD is from the '70's. Not withstanding any changes incorporated over the years.

8 hours ago, Cab said:

Technically the F-15's HUD is from the '70's. Not withstanding any changes incorporated over the years.

yeah well I kind of doubt that the 104 had the HUD form the 90s F 15. the only video I found shows a recicle more akin to the Mig 21 or A 4 😉

F-104 Starfighter by gio963tto - V 1.5 - 20180908

36 minutes ago, Baco said:

yeah well I kind of doubt that the 104 had the HUD form the 90s F 15. the only video I found shows a recicle more akin to the Mig 21 or A 4 😉

F-104 Starfighter by gio963tto - V 1.5 - 20180908

Yes, of course. My point was the 104 was not 1970's technology.

Also, I expect the F-104 never had a HUD and just the reflector sight you pictured here. BTW I share your opinion about replacing the HUD in VSN F-104.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Baco said:

YEs let me state again that this is a fantastic Mod, grate in all regards but I would love to have a reticle with range like the F 5. But yeah, SDK and all that jazz .... 

Cheers mate!

Agreed. It is a very well done mod.

Makes me want the F-8 even more. 🍻

Edited by Cab
spelling
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Any work been done on the Mirage III?   Gun effects seem out of place.   Moved it back but maybe it didn't update but it's getting closer.
The skin in the 2nd pic for some reason has that blue show up.  After a bit it disappears.  Sometimes.
Screen_211127_192144.png

Screen_211127_232636.png

Edited by Saguanay

Moved the guns to this.  Prob not exact but in a better position.

Guns =  {
          gun_mount("BK_27", { count = 125 },{muzzle_pos = {2.334, -0.609, -0.646}}), 
          gun_mount("BK_27", { count = 125 },{muzzle_pos = {2.334, -0.609,  0.646}})

Deleted everything that was a guided bomb / missile and AIM9 L M X and AIM120s. 

Added the:  (LOCAL TIPS)
{ CLSID = "{AIM-9B}" ,arg_increment = 0.0}, --AIM-9B

Added the:   (LOCAL OUTBOARD)
{ CLSID= "{BCE4E030-38E9-423E-98ED-24BE3DA87C32}",arg_increment = 0.0}, -- Mk82
{ CLSID= "{Matra155RocketPod}",arg_increment = 0.0}, -- Matra 155 RP

Edited by Saguanay
  • Thanks 1

Where can I find the Mirage III mod?  Nevermind

Edited by VFGiPJP

VR Flight Guy in PJ Pants -- this is how I fly. We do not fly at treetop height, we fly between trees(TM)

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCc9BDi-STaqgWsjNiHbW0fA

My simple missions: https://forum.dcs.world/topic/284071-vr-flight-guy-in-pj-pants-simple-missions/

NSRI - National Strategy Research Institution, a fictional organisation based on wordplay of Strategic Naval Research Institution (SNRI), a fictional institution appears in Mobile Suit Gundam UC timeline.

When I add the additional bracket/comma to the .lua the Mirage III is no longer an option in the Mission Editor.

Just confirming that I am looking at the right location?  I never would have thought it was the formation light (makes sense, in the way that it doesn't make sense).  For months I had been messing around with the textures, mets/mesh, and liveries.

(File Name)  

VSN_MirageIIIC.lua  

(Location)

-- FORMATION
            [WOLALIGHT_FORMATION_LIGHTS] = {}, <-Add this bracket and comma here?
                    typename = "collection",
                    lights = {
                        {typename  = "argumentlight" ,argument  = 200,},--formation_lights_tail_1 = 200;

Thank you

"A plan is a list of things that wont happen"

DCS banner.jpg

I finally figured it out.  I changed the "argument value from 200 to 0.  The only weird thing is when air starting a mission the landing clips out and back in at the beginning for a second.  Take offs and landings are fine.  No more ugly bright cyan color on the tail!!!

-- FORMATION
            [WOLALIGHT_FORMATION_LIGHTS] = {
                    typename = "collection",
                    lights = {
                        {typename  = "argumentlight" ,argument  = 0,},--formation_lights_tail_1 = 0;  (Change the 200 value to 0)

Edited by Geschirre

"A plan is a list of things that wont happen"

DCS banner.jpg