VSN flyable aircraft mods

1 hour ago, JFCshloss said:

cant get it to take off (non ai) from the QE2   am i doin somehting wrong? thyis is vertial  stol mode or normal mode its like it hasnt enough thrust or something

So I ran a test with my MOD files for the QE2 STOVL by Joey45 with the Vsn_F-35 2.8 and short take off with human pilot worked fine. I've never tired a vertical take off, lol so I'll test that later. I did notice that the AI gave the human player a different starting spot for vertical take off than it normally gives the AI pilots, but that's an issue with my ship mod and I dont think will be a problem???. Hopefully I'll be able to post full updates for the QE2 and VSN F-35, or at least some diy lua code and instructions. I'm just now starting to look into what I can release and whom to get permission from.

Edited by Beldin
update text

On 2/16/2023 at 7:27 PM, Beldin said:

So I ran a test with my MOD files for the QE2 STOVL by Joey45 with the Vsn_F-35 2.8 and short take off with human pilot worked fine. I've never tired a vertical take off, lol so I'll test that later. I did notice that the AI gave the human player a different starting spot for vertical take off than it normally gives the AI pilots, but that's an issue with my ship mod and I dont think will be a problem???. Hopefully I'll be able to post full updates for the QE2 and VSN F-35, or at least some diy lua code and instructions. I'm just now starting to look into what I can release and whom to get permission from.

ill check to see what versuion i have as am unsure

For F-4B/C, there was a 29-Jan patch but clicking on the link says "file deleted". What gives?

VR Flight Guy in PJ Pants -- this is how I fly. We do not fly at treetop height, we fly between trees(TM)

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCc9BDi-STaqgWsjNiHbW0fA

My simple missions: https://forum.dcs.world/topic/284071-vr-flight-guy-in-pj-pants-simple-missions/

NSRI - National Strategy Research Institution, a fictional organisation based on wordplay of Strategic Naval Research Institution (SNRI), a fictional institution appears in Mobile Suit Gundam UC timeline.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, jsr9597 said:

Where can I find VSN F100 Template files?

Maybe here: https://discord.gg/fx6QtfMg

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Am 27.2.2023 um 02:47 schrieb jsr9597:

No responses from anyone on the dischord….didn’t see any links, either.  I wonder if I could make the DDS file in to a psd?  I tried before but file simply was one large layer.

That won´t work.

a psd is layerd, there out you can make a single layer image (dds, jpg etc.).

Not the other way round.

Regarding templates you could ask @Urbimaybe he is willing to help. 😉

3 hours ago, PLAAF said:

Any chance of making them official DCS modules? If they do, I'd love to purchase them.

I don't wanna say "impossible", so I'm gonna say it's "unlikely". First, ED these days is only interested in "full fidelity" modules, meaning 100% as realistic as they can achieve legally speaking. 

Then there is the issue of licensing: if it's a free mod, most companies don't care (except Fox with it's "Alien" based content, whom usually hits with cease and desist legal papers). But once money  is involved, and or claims of realism, that's when the IP rights holders of various things suddenly get excited about either shutting you down, or cold hard cash money!

Many mod makers are not full time flight sim developers, but are hobbyists, tinkerers, having fun making things in their spare time and sharing the results with us. Many might enjoy DCS but not be interested in doing full paid modules.

Many of the  aircraft that VSN have put out, are also been announced by other teams to be making full modules... so in a way, you may  get your wish, albeit with maybe more complexity and realism, and a bigger price tag, than you were maybe expecting? 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Rick50 said:

I don't wanna say "impossible", so I'm gonna say it's "unlikely". First, ED these days is only interested in "full fidelity" modules, meaning 100% as realistic as they can achieve legally speaking. 

Then there is the issue of licensing: if it's a free mod, most companies don't care (except Fox with it's "Alien" based content, whom usually hits with cease and desist legal papers). But once money  is involved, and or claims of realism, that's when the IP rights holders of various things suddenly get excited about either shutting you down, or cold hard cash money!

Many mod makers are not full time flight sim developers, but are hobbyists, tinkerers, having fun making things in their spare time and sharing the results with us. Many might enjoy DCS but not be interested in doing full paid modules.

Many of the  aircraft that VSN have put out, are also been announced by other teams to be making full modules... so in a way, you may  get your wish, albeit with maybe more complexity and realism, and a bigger price tag, than you were maybe expecting? 

I really hope they do. Maybe they can get the info and data they needed from ED and complete their mod and turn it into a "full fidelity".
The F-4 and F-104 mod looked so promising that it would be a shame not to turn them into official modules.

qLjvyQ3.png

My Adorable Communist Errand Girls  🙂

Led by me, the Communist Errand Panda 🥰

On 11/12/2022 at 1:15 PM, PeeJott17 said:

Hi guys. If you are interested, there is going to be a "VSN flyable aircraft mods"-Discord Server where all the new toys, updates, patches and what not will be posted. So if you like Discord, may be you fancy hopping over to that one as well?

https://discord.gg/Wk9hUnKcWz

Cheers,

PJ.

P.S.: F-35A/B/C EFM Release is going to take place today (saturday 12.Nov.22 at 18:15h GMT+1) ATTENTION: Check out J.P.'s trailer for the mod at

Thanks a lot for making this F-35A/B/C mods!

I found that when F-35C, AI plane, undergoes carrier landing, its approching speed is quite high, about 220 knots. It can still hook up the arresting wire, but rush out of the runway. (It was strainge that the aircraft didnt fall into the ocean.)  Is it possible to modify the mod or parameter in the .lua file to reduce the approching speed?

F-35C-Speed.png

F-35C-Runway.png

Edited by Linbei

Hey there guys!

I never installed VSN mods, but I can't resist the attraction of the last F-4B and F-104 versions! I'm on latest OB, 2.8.2.35759, which download I have to choose? The links in the OP don't seem to point to the ones I need for my version...

Thank you for your help!

4 minutes ago, Gianky said:

Hey there guys!

I never installed VSN mods, but I can't resist the attraction of the last F-4B and F-104 versions! I'm on latest OB, 2.8.2.35759, which download I have to choose? The links in the OP don't seem to point to the ones I need for my version...

Thank you for your help!

Description for versions updated.

4 minutes ago, razo+r said:

Description for versions updated.

Wow, thank you Razo+r, that was fast!

But I'm a bit confused, can I use the 2.5.x - 2.8.x versions of the mods, which are labeled for stable version, for open beta, too?

1 hour ago, Gianky said:

I never installed VSN mods, but I can't resist the attraction of the last F-4B and F-104 versions! I'm on latest OB, 2.8.2.35759, which download I have to choose?

If you have never used their Mods before, I suggest that you start with the Phantom first, as it doesn't require you to have FC3 on your DCS, besides its a much more immersive experience as it has clickable canopy while the F-104 is still on FC3 keybinds. This is the download link to its latest version (v2.8.2.103):

https://filehorst.de/download.php?file=evElyrvt

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Thank you, Rudel, downloading now!

I do have FC3 installed, so I'm gonna try the 104, too! 😉

20 minutes ago, razo+r said:

Their for both beta and stable.

Copy, thank you!

EDIT: Razo+r, if it's possible, you might want to change the name of the folder on filehorst.de, it say "stable", people could be confused by that, too.

Edited by Gianky

Is anyone else getting repeated lockups with multi-threading on loading the mission with the new VSN F-104? Works fine without MT.

What a great mod, I could spend all day just doing landings. 

Some of the planes, but all of the maps!

Yes there seems to be some problem with several mods and the new MT executable.  F-104, CTD's with an exception in the visualizer.dll file.

F-22 mod does the same thing.  Several others reported as well.  I wonder what they all have in common?