Ability to change audio streams through different devices

CrippledHex

In a sense, to make the sim more immersive, adding the option to change Radio, Effects, Engine noise, etc to be set through different audio devices. For instance, I like to feel the engine through my speaker set, but I also want to hear my radio but it's hard to hear when all you hear is BRRRRRRRRRT when you're "busy". The idea is basically give audio streams through different devices. Realtek can handle multiple devices being streamed once, for example I have a 5 speaker set up, two in the back, sub in front, and two standing desktop ones. I could employ engine noise in the rear speakers, RWR and radio in my headset, weapons/effects in my desktop speakers. I'm sure this was probably mentioned before, so if my epiphany isn't much to add I'll delete the thread.

+1

I would also love to see this. Like the OP, I would enjoy having external sounds like engines, wind, cannons on speakers with radio, betty, and RWR in my USB headset. Being able to send sound types to specific soundcards would be great.

Could also start with 5.1 /7.1 support

In a sense, to make the sim more immersive, adding the option to change Radio, Effects, Engine noise, etc to be set through different audio devices. For instance, I like to feel the engine through my speaker set, but I also want to hear my radio but it's hard to hear when all you hear is BRRRRRRRRRT when you're "busy". The idea is basically give audio streams through different devices. Realtek can handle multiple devices being streamed once, for example I have a 5 speaker set up, two in the back, sub in front, and two standing desktop ones. I could employ engine noise in the rear speakers, RWR and radio in my headset, weapons/effects in my desktop speakers. I'm sure this was probably mentioned before, so if my epiphany isn't much to add I'll delete the thread.

+1

At least surround system support would be awsome, where engine is played through rear speakers, left stores through left speaker and so on so forth...

I personally use 7.1 speakers and also surround headset if I don't want to go loud, works excellent with surround enabled titles...

To be honest, implementing surround in DCS is not as simple as it... sounds...

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

+1

At least surround system support would be awsome, where engine is played through rear speakers, left stores through left speaker and so on so forth...

I personally use 7.1 speakers and also surround headset if I don't want to go loud, works excellent with surround enabled titles...

To be honest, implementing surround in DCS is not as simple as it... sounds...

Yeah doing something like that would probably trash up threads in your processor just simply handling the sound. Tons of coding and programing would be needed to make a 3D environment to do such a thing, let alone make them play through X amount of speakers. How I see it as a simple start, as you turn your head in the cockpit, the game focuses sound more towards which ever direction you're pointing your head at, and triggering more sound X amount of degrees you turn your head. Though, this already is the case how the sound goes in the game right now. Maybe ED could talk to TurtleBeach or Realtek to look into this. Hey maybe one day dudes with Track IR can lean their head against the wall to hear the wind against the canopy glass more loudly like in real life! But to anyone who doesn't has this mod yet I would totally download it. https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=132069 Now imagine the explosions on the said soundscape. :D