Making MER munitions

MERs have their own clsid appointed to them. In theory you could do a swap, so you'll have an empty MER model, and then add the needed number of pylons (3-6 or so), with the bomb/missile/rocket loads you can carry on the MER. So basically you'll have an empty MER and 6 new pylons. The only snag is that you'll have to set the coordinates of the pylons, using the 3 axes and it blows without a gui, cause you can't directly see where your MER bombs will end up. Offcourse there would be no nice bomb clamps like on the su-25t. And if you add su-25T weaponry, you also may get extra pylons sticking out of the MER.

It can be done, but not directly. If you're using a weapon that is in some .lua file (where most 'reworked' weapons are in, forgot the name, but you could have 1 pylon with 99 missiles :P), and add as many bombs as you like, but they will be in a state of dimensional flux :lol:

Creedence Clearwater Revival:worthy:

Guest IguanaKing
Does anyone know how to make MER munitions? Like MERs of dumb bombs, or MER of 2 AIM-9 for A-10?

MER of 2 AIM-9s for the A-10? The AIM-9s for the A-10 are already on an LAU-114/A, which is a dual rail launcher. There are all kinds of munitions available for the A-10 in the game that just aren't implemented, but they can easily be added. Do a google search for a utility called LOPE. It will allow you to hang other weapons configurations on any aircraft in the game. Keep in mind though, that if you're going for a realistic payload, A-10s were never certified to carry MERs (which are generally 6 weapons each), they CAN carry TER's though, and mount a maximum of 3 on each. The TERs are incorrectly identified as MERs in the game though, so just look for quantities of 3 or less for weapons. LOPE is an easy method of modifying your MEinit.xml file. I have a realistic weapons loadout for the A-10 already, if you'd like to give that a try.

Guest IguanaKing
So...what's a MER?

Multiple Ejector Rack. (Usually 6 weapons or more)

TER= Triple Ejector Rack

Blackhawk,

You can change weapon loadouts on the Su-25T as well I believe (could be wrong though). Give LOPE a try and see what it lets you do. ;)

Heres a question for you IK. I used to have this model of an A-10 (I forget tail number this was lo' so many years ago) that had a MER on the centerline. Yes it was a Revell model, and no it wasnt the woodland BDU pattern camo. It was a peanut butter schemed a/c.

This wasnt technically correct was it? It was the one only model of the A-10 I could find that had this.

Guest IguanaKing

Yup, you'd be right on that, Hitman. An MER on an operational A-10 is technically incorrect. I think there were a few RDT&E Hog's that carried one or two, but no deployed airframes. Revell wasn't the only one that messed this up. My current 1/32nd A-10 from Trumpeter also has MER's in the kit. That's OK though, because they also have the correct TER-9s, LAU-88s, and LAU-114s...not to mention that the detail on everything but the pit is absolutely spectacular. This one's going to take a long time to build, I'm finally almost finished with the seat...LOL. :D