1.5.4 - UPK Pods but no Cockpit Panel

Haydz192

As the title explains - I equipped the UPK-23-250 gunpods on both inner pylons, and when I went into the cockpit, it didn't add the overhead panel that is supposed to be there.

This renders the UPK pods unusable.

I've tried changing the avionics language, checking I didn't have any custom cockpits installed, I've tried adding the gunpods in the mission editor and in-game via the re-arm menu, and regardless of what I do, the panel still doesn't seem to appear.

gunpodsloaded.thumb.jpg.78ed57b115bb6d812c36dedc163d098d.jpg

nopanel.thumb.jpg.17b8900782bbe996f9f362eaf9dadbee.jpg

This seems to be similar to the issue with the nuclear panel. It won't show the panel when you initialize the airplane with the item that needs the panel but it will trigger the panel to spawn if you rearm with a special item that needs a panel during runtime.

Initializing -> box item not triggered

Rearming in runtime -> box item triggered

This seems to be similar to the issue with the nuclear panel. It won't show the panel when you initialize the airplane with the item that needs the panel but it will trigger the panel to spawn if you rearm with a special item that needs a panel during runtime.

Initializing -> box item not triggered

Rearming in runtime -> box item triggered

Interestingly, when I initialize the aircraft with the RN-24/RN-28 nukes, the panel is there. Also works when I re-arm.

The panel also appears for the SPS Jammer/Countermeasures pod.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

DCS 2.0.4.59428.142

Control box UPK 23-250-2 not present, whether parking hot or ramp start. Does not appear when added in hot re-arming either. This control box simply isn't available in the current version, and so the pods cannot be used.

System specs: Win7 x64 | CPU: i7-4770K | RAM: 16 GB | GPU: GTX 980 Ti 6 GB | Thrustmaster HOTAS | MFG rudder pedals | SATA3 SSD | TrackIR

• 2 weeks later...
Investigating.

Did you find anything? I've checked in 2.0.5.1648.165 and it's not there either. It would be nice to get them :)

System specs: Win7 x64 | CPU: i7-4770K | RAM: 16 GB | GPU: GTX 980 Ti 6 GB | Thrustmaster HOTAS | MFG rudder pedals | SATA3 SSD | TrackIR

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...