Can I Play MP3 Music on KA50-2 Stations?

SKYFOXX

I hope this is the right place to post this request, With all the radio stuff on DCS modules, I was just wondering if there was a special radio channel in the KA-50-2 or any other aircraft that I can play some of my mp3 music on while in the cockpit? I don't want to use them on MP maps just SP. Using copyrighted music in MP might be considered an infringement or illegal. Or, can I change the in-game background music to something else mp3 or some other format?

I'm curious myself. I'm always trying to switch back and forth to pandora while training.

*edit* Now that I think of it, there is an A-10C radio chatter mod that replaces the static noise. Maybe it would be something similar? Turning a playlist into an ogg file?

Edited by Reaper_KS

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I7 4790K / EVGA 1080ti SC / 32GB DDR3 / 1TB SSD / Oculus Rift S / X-56 / MFG Crosswind V2 / ButtKicker + Simshaker for Aviators

i5 8600k@5.2Ghz, Asus Prime A Z370, 32Gb DDR4 3000, GTX1080 SC, Oculus Rift CV1, Modded TM Warthog Modded X52 Collective, Jetseat, W10 Pro 64

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I remember "Radio Mayak", just put music in folder an tune the channel, without need scripts. :)

This "Internet Radio" mod - iRadio, come in 2009 and is not with Winamp plugin as I think, but using VLC.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=44922&highlight=iradio

Probable became broke with ptches or BS2.

Edited by Sokol1_br

I just Run WMP in the Background and use the Play/Pause Skip <-> Buttons on my keyboard.>

:SHRUG:

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

No, that's too easy, no way !!

You can't just turn on WMP and have it :(

Irony OFF

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X 

Is there an all in magic fix for this?

Superb sounds during flight would be sublime.

HP G2 Reverb, Windows 10 VR settings: IPD is 64.5mm, High image quality, G2 reset to 60Hz refresh rate as standard. OpenXR user, Open XR tool kit disabled. Open XR was a massive upgrade for me.

DCS: Pixel Density 1.0, Forced IPD at 55 (perceived world size), 0 X MSAA, 0 X SSAA. My real IPD is 64.5mm. Prescription VROptition lenses installed. VR Driver system: I9-9900KS 5Ghz CPU. XI Hero motherboard and RTX 3090 graphics card, 64 gigs Ram, No OC at the mo. MT user  (2 - 5 fps gain). DCS run at 60Hz.

Vaicom user. Thrustmaster warthog user. MFG pedals with damper upgrade.... and what an upgrade! Total controls Apache MPDs set to virtual Reality height with brail enhancements to ensure 100% button activation in VR.. Simshaker Jet Pro vibration seat.. Uses data from DCS not sound.... you know when you are dropping into VRS with this bad boy.

I appreciate all the replies. with all the radio gear in the Ka-50 I was hoping that playing some music would be a piece of cake. DCS has music in the background while the game (simulator) is playing or has just started; can that music be changed? I currently use have a Boom Box that has a USB port on it that I play my music in the background with. If i were a programmer I'd make a simple mp3 player for the aircraft that would let a user paste mp3's in it's folder. Could Russian pilots tune into Radio Free Europe from their aircraft?

I think one thing is essential with NTTR or Nevada and that is a broadcasting station that we can put our music files into, tune in and just god damn enjoy the music and view!

HP G2 Reverb, Windows 10 VR settings: IPD is 64.5mm, High image quality, G2 reset to 60Hz refresh rate as standard. OpenXR user, Open XR tool kit disabled. Open XR was a massive upgrade for me.

DCS: Pixel Density 1.0, Forced IPD at 55 (perceived world size), 0 X MSAA, 0 X SSAA. My real IPD is 64.5mm. Prescription VROptition lenses installed. VR Driver system: I9-9900KS 5Ghz CPU. XI Hero motherboard and RTX 3090 graphics card, 64 gigs Ram, No OC at the mo. MT user  (2 - 5 fps gain). DCS run at 60Hz.

Vaicom user. Thrustmaster warthog user. MFG pedals with damper upgrade.... and what an upgrade! Total controls Apache MPDs set to virtual Reality height with brail enhancements to ensure 100% button activation in VR.. Simshaker Jet Pro vibration seat.. Uses data from DCS not sound.... you know when you are dropping into VRS with this bad boy.

I appreciate all the replies. with all the radio gear in the Ka-50 I was hoping that playing some music would be a piece of cake.

This was piece of cake in Black Shark, but removed in patch 1.2, probable to avoid copyrights issues.

What user have to do is set music files in a give folder (similar to IL-2:46).

The "magic" is that music start play if tuned specific channel in R-800L, who besides this "tune" can control music volume. ;)

You can continue use the cockpit radios in this way, but need use "play sound" script, what required add the script and music files in every mission... :noexpression:

R-828 need use "transmission" script.

A good compromise will be if possible a MOD like the old "iRadio", tune a Internet Radio in aircraft radios. ;)

To simple hear music while play one can use their smartphone, iPod, stereo... :music_whistling: But this will be not... "simulation". :lol: