F-22 destroys the Su-27 in super maneuverbility

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

F-22 It should be capable of greater, it in fact has a changeable vector of draft on tangazhu. But for us in Russia it already for a long time projdenyj a stage, on such maneuverability;)

Открылась бездна звезд полна;

Звездам числа нет, бездне дна. (М. В. Ломоносов)

" F-22 destroys the Su-27 in super maneuverbility"

Perhaps, but not on the basis of that video.

On that video, the F-22 performs a manouver the Su-27 family have been able to do for a couple of decades, which means that - again, on the basis of that video - you could write :

" F-22 CATCHES UP WITH the Su-27 in super maneuverbility"

;-)

Cheers.

Yeeees... now that they can finaly do it, they need to practise it a bit ;)

Cobra and the bell (seen on other videos and called "hover") are not so much maneuvarability displays as they are a test for engine performance

Never forget that World War III was not Cold for most of us.

Such maneuverability as СУ-30МКИ or МИГ-29 with ОВТ(Changeable vector of draft) is no need F-22, it and so maneuverable enough for conducting БВБ(Near air fight) (though its basic style of fight ДВБ(Distant air fight) ) and a stealth of the plane, it not that iron which was F-117 (I do not understand why have appropriated an index «F» to a small tactical bomber, for privacy?:))

If to look from this point of view it is possible to tell that F-22 has repeated maneuver a cobra accomplished 20 years ago Russian:). I wished to tell, that maneuverability F-22 sufficient for conducting near fight, and basically it especially and is not necessary to it, if Миг-29 and СУ-27 really will not win air fight against Миг-31, and it not such maneuverable as they;).

As addition: from a roller it is visible, that ОВТ to it allows to make not only a cobra well and "kulbit" and « chakru Frolov » (made for the first time on СУ-37)

Certain US test aircraft had been able to do the Cobra a very, very, /very/ long time ago ;) It seems like the USAF however did not deem it necessary to ensure that their production aircraft had this capability - I wonder why?

The Cobra is nothing but a high-AoA handling demonstration ... and I'm quite certain that an F-18 or two have demonstrated some excellent characteristics in that regime.

As for 'having to disable the AoA limiter' ... the F-22 is supposed to have a rather wide one ... technically you have to override the limiter on the 27 as well ;)

But yeah, the title is quite misleading. The F-22 right now outperforms the 27 in maneuverability due to vectored thrust (ie. controlled high-AoA flight) but any Su or MiG with thrust vectoring will match that easily.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

F-22 destroys the Su-27 in super maneuverbility

"Su-37 outperforms F-22 in super maneuverability." This is the quote from military channel about F-22.

As for comparing new aircraft with the 25 years old one, well no comment! :no_sad:

Thermaltake Kandalf LCS | Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R | Etasis ET750 (850W Max) | i7-920 OC to 4.0 GHz | Gigabyte HD5850 | OCZ Gold 6GB DDR3 2000 | 2 X 30GB OCZ Vertex SSD in RAID 0 | ASUS VW266H 25.5" | LG Blue Ray 10X burner | TIR 5 | Saitek X-52 Pro | Logitech G930 | Saitek Pro flight rudder pedals | Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

I love this sh*t, this is forum gold what will be told here.

Man, I'd love being an FCS programmer one day, getting so much money for making so many errors, and writing a sluggish code. On the su-27, they installed a new FCS, eliminating the need for canards, now that's what I call labour. And they probably did it for 1/50th the Raptor dev team asked for their lazyness.

I hope we'll never see either in real combat, and especially not against eachother, U-235 and plutonium are bad for your health and such, so please no 'Yeah, F-22 will rule Ruskie skies', although I would like to see that happen, I won't live to hear about it. And, wake up, cold war is over, no need for TVC or other gizmos, unless you're heaving some 'policing' to do, or have some customers.

I'm leaving this thread in a gracious manner, namely with lots of flame and smoke...

Yes, and ejection seat :megalol:

Creedence Clearwater Revival:worthy:

Have you seen the SU-30 MKI doing aerobatics?? Superior to raptor in all ways:megalol:

The raptor superior to the basic flanker, OF COURSE ;)

Sorry but no - with a higher TWR and thrust vectoring, the Raptor will outperform the Su-30MKI wether people actually want to believe that or not.

(Wah, but it had 3D nozzleS! WAH! .... right, and? A little clever FBW programming and you can have quite similar performance)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

Certain US test aircraft had been able to do the Cobra a very, very, /very/ long time ago ;) It seems like the USAF however did not deem it necessary to ensure that their production aircraft had this capability - I wonder why?

The Cobra is nothing but a high-AoA handling demonstration ... and I'm quite certain that an F-18 or two have demonstrated some excellent characteristics in that regime.

As for 'having to disable the AoA limiter' ... the F-22 is supposed to have a rather wide one ... technically you have to override the limiter on the 27 as well ;)

But yeah, the title is quite misleading. The F-22 right now outperforms the 27 in maneuverability due to vectored thrust (ie. controlled high-AoA flight) but any Su or MiG with thrust vectoring will match that easily.

As you said US TEST! aircraft were able to do cobra, but I dont remmember any of those aircraft without special construction on engines or behind engines. Su fammilly are able to do it without any special arrangements. The frame of the plane is really unique.

F-18 is really excelent plane but AoA is not regime of the "one" moment. It is different when you are able to make 35 AoA degrees turn in few secs, and when you able to stay in this AoA long time without loose of speed or controll. And this is important for pilots.

"Su-37 outperforms F-22 in super maneuverability." This is the quote from military channel about F-22.

As for comparing new aircraft with the 25 years old one, well no comment! :no_sad:

I have that documentary and its an old one, at the time it was expected that the Su-35/37 would evolve into an operational fighter wich later turned out to be economicaly unviable and thus not feasible for service.

In practice the Su-35/37 never existed as a fighter. Much like the forward swept X-29 testbed or the F-20 tigershark.

Comparing these to real combat aircraft makes much sense as comparing racing high tech composite material P-51's to a real messershmit 109, because one had working weapons and the other doest.

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

As you said US TEST! aircraft were able to do cobra, but I dont remmember any of those aircraft without special construction on engines or behind engines. Su fammilly are able to do it without any special arrangements. The frame of the plane is really unique.

Yes, right, unfortunately it wasn't very goot for the Russian engines either, something we're just now finding out eh? Maybe there wa sa -really- good reason why you didn't see certain aircraft do Cobras beind 'we can't do it' ...

F-18 is really excelent plane but AoA is not regime of the "one" moment. It is different when you are able to make 35 AoA degrees turn in few secs, and when you able to stay in this AoA long time without loose of speed or controll. And this is important for pilots.

F-18 can hold 80 AoA all day. What are you talking about?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Strongly I doubt that F-18 will make a cobra