F-22 destroys the Su-27 in super maneuverbility

I thought they gave it the F designation because of coolness factor, nothing more...

I vaguely remember this on the discovery channel....

..just googled this:

"The F-117 program was designed to employ the best fighter pilots, and the explanation given (on a recently televised documentary) by a senior member of the F-117 development team was that fighter pilots would be reluctant to fly a "B-" or even "A-" designated plane. There has been something of a class system separating fighter and bomber crews, particularly in the days of the Strategic Air Command (disbanded in 1991), and flying one type often limited a pilot's future prospects for flying the other."

At this site

That's just what they tell civi's and shows like DC.

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pilotasso, you are good young man and it is more then obvious that you are not trying to BS anybody.

I comment on your posts because they are full of speculations and “what if’s”. And while speculating, you put a lot’s of technical terms and acronyms and untrained eye may think that you are commenting on pure facts.

Well I was talking after Goya.

Your bias towards western (read USA) technology is more than obvious. And I really don’t have any problem with that. As long as it is about FACTS, not speculation.

BTW, I like western technology as well. I like F-22, I like F-117, these are cool machines. However, I like Russian and European technologies as well.

I have no bias torwards western aircraft at all. All I say is about my opinion on each fighter on the perspective of the pilot, if I was to be one with the technical info we got.

Had I been born in the 50's my fav aircraft would probably be the mig-21 but things are different today IMHO. You dont know me at all and I would be surprised if you did just by some posts I made here. But I have this personal trait to avoid kid myself with ideas I would like to be true. I think to believe in what it is convenient to myself will not contribute positively in my knowelege nor my character. I often question the ways of my country and even my own religion. Because we are here to figure things out by ourselves and not to be tied to a dogmatic view of things and keep making the same mistakes over and over again.

Cheers!

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

apparently it holds true for internet forums also.... :)

Do you think we know everything about the military and what they do?

I thought they gave it the F designation because of coolness factor, nothing more...

..just googled this:

"The F-117 program was designed to employ the best fighter pilots, and the explanation given (on a recently televised documentary) by a senior member of the F-117 development team was that fighter pilots would be reluctant to fly a "B-" or even "A-" designated plane. There has been something of a class system separating fighter and bomber crews, particularly in the days of the Strategic Air Command (disbanded in 1991), and flying one type often limited a pilot's future prospects for flying the other."

At this site

Another speculation I've heard of was the payload theory, which is also mentioned on that website.

But it can't find a kamikaze terrorist in a market.. :-(

neither Su-27, but both are capable of removing that market from the city map.

what's your point? :doh:

51PVO Founding member (DEC2007-)

100KIAP Founding member (DEC2018-)

:: Shaman aka [100☭] Shamansky

tail# 44 or 444

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] 100KIAP Regiment Early Warning & Control officer

I think what zaguruinzasky is trying to say that all of the hi-tec platforms can not stop the most suprising, un-known, attacks from taking place; who, what, where, why, and how.

I have never seen the F-22 pull that move untill now and in my opinion Western air-craft production fighters can not pull the cobra except for the x-29, f-16xl, f-15active, and the Harier. But in the true cobra manuver Migs and Sus' get my vote.

I have never seen the F-22 pull that move untill now and in my opinion Western air-craft production fighters can not pull the cobra except for the x-29, f-16xl, f-15active, and the Harier.

The harrier cant do cobras. It has a different manuever, I think its called viving manuever or something like that and it consists of swiching TVC to get into a different offset flight path.

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

Intelligence services should be "upgraded" too...

Okey, from now on F-22 and Su-27 will be manned by intelligent pilots :megalol:

..I think its called viving manuever or something like that and it consists of swiching TVC to get into a different offset flight path.

aka warping ;)

51PVO Founding member (DEC2007-)

100KIAP Founding member (DEC2018-)

:: Shaman aka [100☭] Shamansky

tail# 44 or 444

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] 100KIAP Regiment Early Warning & Control officer

But it can't find a kamikaze terrorist in a market.. :-(

Completely irrelevant.

The F-22 nor the Su-27 was never CLAIMED to be built to hunt down and take out terrorists.

These aircraft claim air superiority. In other words, your argument is pretty much unsound and pointless. You don't ignore one military branch just because it -currently- is not challenged.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

Guest IguanaKing

..just googled this:

At this site

SAC stood down June 1, 1992. The rest of what that quote says is speculation, but it doesn't really make any logical sense. The P-Unit of the 4450th TG, based at Nellis AFB, which was part of the F-117 test program, flew A-7Ds. Since F-117 test pilots were telling their friends and family that they were flying A-7s, the theory presented in that quote is pretty much blown out of the water. It provided both a good cover story for the pilots rotating through that unit, and allowed them to maintain their proficiency between flights in the F-117.

There is no public domain, official reason for the designation given to the aircraft. One popular theory is that it came out of the use of false aircraft type numbers used in radio call-signs used by the 4477th TG "Red Hats" to conceal their identity to air traffic controllers. The "Red Hats" didn't fly American aircraft...they were flying Soviet MiGs and Su's, so they would often identify their aircraft type as F-112, F-113, and so on. The 4477th and elements of the 4450th were both based at Groom Lake. Whether there is any validity to that theory is not known. :)

Completely irrelevant.

The F-22 nor the Su-27 was never CLAIMED to be built to hunt down and take out terrorists.

These aircraft claim air superiority. In other words, your argument is pretty much unsound and pointless. You don't ignore one military branch just because it -currently- is not challenged.

hey man chill out, I was just joking, I think I know what a fighter is supposed to do...

Robbie.

about Inteligence (I refeer to CIA or similar, not to individual intelligence shamandgg) and my pointless post, and your air superiority, wasn't the F15 or F16 powerful enough to stop the wtc airliners? or the problem is somewhere else? they were not in a market.. the second aircraft flew several minutes before crashing in the second tower, that's why I say they should upgrade also the Intelligence and not just the birds..

Robbie.

Guest IguanaKing

One thing about WTC you are leaving out is that US military aircraft, prior to 9-11, were generally not allowed to fly in civilian areas with live ordnance. This slowed response time significantly. :smilewink:

Uh, well, tell ya what. I'll give you an even - more - likely scenario.

Israel attacked and destroyed a lot of the Egyptian (Or Saudi? I forget) air force by using a surprise attack. No terrorists taking things and crshing them into buildings by surprise or anything of the sort.

So, you're saying Egypt should have never bought those fighters because they were caught by surprise anyway?

That's pretty much what your argument sounds like. Quit it already, it is completely irrelevant to air to air combat.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

about Inteligence (I refeer to CIA or similar, not to individual intelligence shamandgg) and my pointless post, and your air superiority, wasn't the F15 or F16 powerful enough to stop the wtc airliners? or the problem is somewhere else? they were not in a market.. the second aircraft flew several minutes before crashing in the second tower, that's why I say they should upgrade also the Intelligence and not just the birds..

Anyway, you don’t need manoeuvrability and stealth to get Bin Laden.

(Of course this man was also trained by the CIA ;) )

DELL Intel® Core™ i7 Processor 940 2,93 GHz @3 GHz, 8 MB cache | 8.192 MB 1.067 MHz Tri Channel DDR3

| 512 MB ATI® Radeon™ 4850 | 500 GB 7200 rpm Serial ATA | Samsung SM 2693 HM 25.5 " | HOTAS Cougar Thrustmaster |