Weird problem

I've been messing around with Lock On's settings and have gotten it to run beautifully fast with everything high. What I did was make the game load EVERYTHING onto the ram since I have 2 gigs of it.

The game loads a while but once you get in, it's incredibly fast.

The only problem I get now is when I'm flying low, I look at a small patch of group. The frame rate gets LOWER!

Completely confused me as when I drag the mouse cursor out to see the entire landscape (my plane is a dot), the FPS increases.

I've been messing around with Lock On's settings and have gotten it to run beautifully fast with everything high. What I did was make the game load EVERYTHING onto the ram since I have 2 gigs of it.

The game loads a while but once you get in, it's incredibly fast.

The only problem I get now is when I'm flying low, I look at a small patch of group. The frame rate gets LOWER!

Completely confused me as when I drag the mouse cursor out to see the entire landscape (my plane is a dot), the FPS increases.

The only reason that I can think of is the way LO works with ground details. I think the higher resolution images are only loaded upon request e.g. when you are flying closer to the ground then LO will load additional details for the area that your aircraft is flying over. I think that those HiRes details have to be loaded additionally from the HDD and are not loaded with the game into the RAM at start. That makes your CPU / Graphics Processor 'wait' for the details to be loaded which causes a FPS drop.

kind regards,

Raven....

[sigpic]http://www.crc-mindreader.de/CRT/images/Birds2011.gif[/sigpic]