- Parsing of udp messages in X-Plane module fixed

- Flap effect strength increased

- Ground effect/rolling updated

- Touchdown effect reworked

- Wheel blocking fixed in some DCS planes

- DCS winds converted from m/s to kts

- X-Plane pause detection added

- Various X-Plane bugs fixed

I have already beta but do I have to download the new beta or is there an automatic update???

For turbulence effects.It was made for another game in kts but DCS use m/s for turbulence.Result:You don't feel the turbulence effects if there is some insane turbulence.

Ah, thanks for the clarification :thumbup: Knowing that DCS is using m/s, I read it exactly the other way around, i.e. that we now would have less wind effects. But this is a great change :)

A warrior's mission is to foster the success of others.

i9-12900K | MSI RTX 3080Ti Suprim X | 128 GB Ram 3200 MHz DDR-4 | MSI MPG Edge Z690 | Samung EVO 980 Pro SSD | Virpil Stick, Throttle and Collective | MFG Crosswind | HP Reverb G2

RAT - On the Range - Rescue Helo - Recovery Tanker - Warehouse - Airboss

Ah, thanks for the clarification :thumbup: Knowing that DCS is using m/s, I read it exactly the other way around, i.e. that we now would have less wind effects. But this is a great change :)

At least I think DCS exports m/s :D It's always a lot of guesswork...

The beta should update automatically...

Good Point. Thanks:thumbup:

Is the Beta somewhere aviable ?

Kind regards Christian

Please join our testers group at facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1750405591911776/

At least I think DCS exports m/s :D It's always a lot of guesswork...

Yes, I totally understand :thumbup: It's never easy to work with someone else's code.

I don't know at what level you are extracting the data, but from scripting in the DCS API, I learned that wind and wind+turbulence should be m/s, temperature in Kelvin, Pressure in Pa and distance in m. Well, at least that is my understanding until anyone proofs me wrong ;)

i9-12900K | MSI RTX 3080Ti Suprim X | 128 GB Ram 3200 MHz DDR-4 | MSI MPG Edge Z690 | Samung EVO 980 Pro SSD | Virpil Stick, Throttle and Collective | MFG Crosswind | HP Reverb G2

Yes, I totally understand :thumbup: It's never easy to work with someone else's code.

I don't know at what level you are extracting the data, but from scripting in the DCS API, I learned that wind and wind+turbulence should be m/s, temperature in Kelvin, Pressure in Pa and distance in m. Well, at least that is my understanding until anyone proofs me wrong ;)

I use the lua-export API. Testing and figuring out stuff take always the most time during development...

Hi. On the server the checkbox in the options "Export of Data" shall be active - "to allow export of data of the player". It seems so is called. Otherwise a game does not issue data for SSA. I when that asked the owner of the server to include this option and effects began to work.

(Привет. На сервере должен быть активен чекбокс в опциях "Экспорт данных" - "разрешить экспорт данных игрока". Кажется так называется. В противном случае игра не выдает данных для SSA. Я когда то просил владельца сервера включить данную опцию и эффекты стали работать.)

Hey,

I posted a personal statement about the future of SSA in the first post!

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2916681&postcount=1

Statement:

Future of SimShaker for Aviators

Dear SSA users,

some years ago I bothered Andre to implement certain features into his SimShaker software. As I was very annoyed ;-), Andre and I had been talking a lot and sometime later he asked me to team up and work together on the SimShaker software. I joined and developed for free because I really can not fly without that software anymore and was to impatient to get new features/effects wink.gif.

At the beginning we worked together. After some time, Andre started the SimShaker-Wheels project and I rewrote almost the entire code of SimShaker leading to SimShaker for Aviators supporting today DCS, X-Plane, FSX, P3D. In fact, after that point I was the only developer of SimShaker for Aviators and Andre focused on Wheels and his great E-Shop (https://andres.shop/)!

Today, people are mixing up Andre's shop, Jetseat, SimShaker for Aviators and SimShaker SoundModule. This lead to some confusions. In addition, the request to support new flight sims is increasing. Also giving free support can be very time consuming. I think some clarifications and statements about the future of this project are necessary!

As some of you know, I plan to submit my phd thesis in the next half year and who knows what life brings then. I spent to much time and energy to let SSA simply go wink.gif. Thus, I will focus on SSA as it is today. This mean, SSA will be limited to DCS, X-Plane, FSX and P3D on a free/donation basis. As you all know, I sometimes just bought modules to add support in SSA for them and provided it free to you. Because my main motivation is having a better simulation experience for me and you.

For me it was always challenging to distinguished between the payware/money side and the 'free/donation' side. Thus, Andre and I agreed that all current and future payware extension like BMS will be transferred to SimShaker Wings, a separate application, developed/maintained by Andre. I will continue my work on SSA!

I'm sure, some parts/ideas/effects of Wings and SSA will merge or influence each other :-). We plan as well to share our existing infrastructure such as Slack, FB group, FTP/HTTP servers, Help Desk, etc.

I wish Andre good luck and hope he will have success with his projects!

Olaf (f4l0)

Edited by f4l0

Yea! So you will continue to support DCS when new aircraft are added? Like the Hornet & F4e?

Sent from my Moto Z Play using Tapatalk

Intel I9-10850K (OC @ 5.0ghz) │ Asus Maximus XII Hero │ G.Skill Ripjaws 64GB (4x16GB) DDR4 3200 │ Thermaltake Water 360mm
Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24gb │ 2TB M.2 EVO Pro; 1T M.2 EVO; Sandisk SSD Drives │ 49" Samsung Curved Widescreen │ 28" Touchscreen

- ҉ - Blackshark Cockpit Trainer - ҉ -    Thread   | Download

Yea! So you will continue to support DCS when new aircraft are added? Like the Hornet & F4e?

Sure I'll continue my work on SSA ;). I really want that F4 :). Good thing is, I already found some former F4 pilots in my family to help me generating 'realistic' effects...

But more real world pilots are welcome to improve SSA :)

Sure I'll continue my work on SSA ;). I really want that F4 :). Good thing is, I already found some former F4 pilots in my family to help me generating 'realistic' effects...

That is a REALLY GOOD NEWS :clap:

Then what wiil be the difference between SSA and Wings???Wings will support new flight simulations and will be payware???

Then what wiil be the difference between SSA and Wings???Wings will support new flight simulations and will be payware???

Basically, that is the point :-)

I will continue my work on SSA on a free/donation basis but will not add new sims, so basically for DCS it will be as always. I'll crush the weekend after a release of a new module to add support for it :)

And Andre will create SimShaker Wings for the new (payware) stuff...

This statement was also there to highlight the differences between Andre's work and my work....

Yes, Olaf, what you do is much appreciated! Can't emphasize that enough. DCS without SSA would not be the same for me.

Good luck with the thesis. The last bit is always hard ;)

Basically, that is the point :-)

I will continue my work on SSA on a free/donation basis but will not add new sims, so basically for DCS it will be as always. I'll crush the weekend after a release of a new module to add support for it :)

And Andre will create SimShaker Wings for the new (payware) stuff...

This statement was also there to highlight the differences between Andre's work and my work....

How does one go about donating for your work? I looked around your blog and couldn't readily find it.

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

Or put some stuff on your Amazon.de wish list?

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

Hey,

I posted a personal statement about the future of SSA in the first post!

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2916681&postcount=1

Hey Olaf,

Great work with SSA! And what are your plans on further improvements for FSX/P3D? If you'll need any help, suggestions or just an opinion from one who is flying GA aircrafts a lot and has pilot's license, will be glad to help. I'm a developer too. If you know LINDA freeware project - it's mine. So I have overall knowledge on sim internals and coding.

I'm testing SSA for the first time today. It's ok in some areas, but not that good in others. Biggest issue is with translating engine RPM into vibrations. The difference in idle RPM and full power RPM is barely noticeable and that is not realistic at all.

There are some other areas for improvement but don't want to bother you yet))

Keep it going!

=303=Crum

Yeah RPM engine effect is kinda messy...

I recently removed P3D to install X-Plane so currently I focus in X-Plane and DCS...

However, please write me a message an I'll add you to the beta tester group...