[Official] SimShaker for Aviators

• 3 weeks later...

Hi f4l0

I’ve just received my JetSeat Sim Edition and noticed a few things in SSA.

Spitfire:

Gear Turbulence gives permanent vibration, even when gears are retraced.

When at high speeds >300MPH, and you pull back the stick too far you get these cockpit shakes short before it starts to flip the plane over, but SSA does not output them.

Also when you break the wings because of that, nothing happens.

Mi-8:

Translational Lift effect is running at around 30-50Km/h, but the cockpit shakes between 50-70Km/h.

I tested this in DSC 2.5

PC Specs: Win10, 7800X3D, 64GB DDR5CL30@6000Mhz, ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, MSI RTX 4090 Suprim X, 2x Samsung 990 Pro 2TB, LG OLED42C2, Pico 4
Flight Sim Gear: VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Grip with WarBRD Base and 6cm extension, VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle, VPC SharKa-50 Collective Grip with Rotor TCS Plus Base, BRD-F1 Rudders(Su-35), 3x8"LCD 1024x768 with TM-MFDs, DIY dashboard with 60 buttons and 8 axis MMJOY2, POV-HAT(no TrackIR)
Aircraft: F/A-18C, F-16C, F-14, F-5E, Mig-21bis, Mig-15bis, AH-64D, Mi-24P, Mi-8MTV2, Black Shark 2 & 3, Uh-1H, FC3, SpitfireLFMkIX, P-51D, I-16, Mosquito FB VI, Bf109K-4
Terrains: NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf, Syria, Channel, Sinai

Tech: WWII Assets Pack, Supercarrier

Hi f4l0

I’ve just received my JetSeat Sim Edition and noticed a few things in SSA.

Spitfire:

Gear Turbulence gives permanent vibration, even when gears are retraced.

When at high speeds >300MPH, and you pull back the stick too far you get these cockpit shakes short before it starts to flip the plane over, but SSA does not output them.

Also when you break the wings because of that, nothing happens.

Mi-8:

Translational Lift effect is running at around 30-50Km/h, but the cockpit shakes between 50-70Km/h.

I tested this in DSC 2.5

Thanks for your feedback...

I'll have a look which values ED recently changed for the Spit...

Cockpit shaking data is not really provided by DCS, at least I'm not aware of this...

I talked to a helo pilot and he said ETL should be around 30-50KM/H. I'll revisit this topic later...

Update:

Tail wheel logic for Spitfire is inverted. DCS returns 0 if extended and 1 if retracted... Fixed in the next SSA beta...

Edited by f4l0

I talked to a helo pilot and he said ETL should be around 30-50KM/H. I'll revisit this topic later...

Update:

Tail wheel logic for Spitfire is inverted. DCS returns 0 if extended and 1 if retracted... Fixed in the next SSA beta...

Thanks for your quick reply!

Not that I know, but I would assume that each type of helicopter got it's ETL at a different range. In any case, it should be set to what is happening in the sim. It gives a very odd feeling when the cockpit is shaking and the JetSeat does noting, and then when the visuals stop the JetSeat kicks in. Would be great if each heli had a user tunable speed setting for ETL in SSA.

As for the tail wheel of the Spit... not sure what you mean, the Spit cannot retract it's tail wheel, it is always out.

PC Specs: Win10, 7800X3D, 64GB DDR5CL30@6000Mhz, ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, MSI RTX 4090 Suprim X, 2x Samsung 990 Pro 2TB, LG OLED42C2, Pico 4
Flight Sim Gear: VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Grip with WarBRD Base and 6cm extension, VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle, VPC SharKa-50 Collective Grip with Rotor TCS Plus Base, BRD-F1 Rudders(Su-35), 3x8"LCD 1024x768 with TM-MFDs, DIY dashboard with 60 buttons and 8 axis MMJOY2, POV-HAT(no TrackIR)
Aircraft: F/A-18C, F-16C, F-14, F-5E, Mig-21bis, Mig-15bis, AH-64D, Mi-24P, Mi-8MTV2, Black Shark 2 & 3, Uh-1H, FC3, SpitfireLFMkIX, P-51D, I-16, Mosquito FB VI, Bf109K-4

Thanks for your quick reply!

Not that I know, but I would assume that each type of helicopter got it's ETL at a different range. In any case, it should be set to what is happening in the sim. It gives a very odd feeling when the cockpit is shaking and the JetSeat does noting, and then when the visuals stop the JetSeat kicks in. Would be great if each heli had a user tunable speed setting for ETL in SSA.

As for the tail wheel of the Spit... not sure what you mean, the Spit cannot retract it's tail wheel, it is always out.

I'll look into the helo thing later...

The Spit has a retractable tail wheel :-). It just retracts/extends a short distance.

Usually DCS reports a 1 if a wheel is extended and a 0 if it's retracted. This logic is somehow changed for the Spit...

I received my jetseat from Andre today I’ll check it out tonight if all goes well.

BlackeyCole 20years usaf

XP-11. Dcs 2.5OB

Acer predator laptop/ i7 7720, 2.4ghz, 32 gb ddr4 ram, 500gb ssd,1tb hdd,nvidia 1080 8gb vram

New FlightSim Blog at https://blackeysblog.wordpress.com. Go visit it and leave me feedback and or comments so I can make it better. A new post every Friday.

Simshaker is great! I've been using it for about a month with a single AuraSound AST-2B-4 Pro Bass Shaker under my seat, driven by a Lepai LP-168HA 2.1 2 x 40-Watt Amplifier. I use a Asus DGX Xonar Soundcard to run it all.

I would like to add a second shaker to the seat back to run only engine vibration. Is this possible, and if so, would I need a second AMP as well? I tried hooking up the shakers to the right and left speaker channels on the amp, with no luck. The second shaker doesn't vibrate. Here are links to the AMP and Shaker I'm using:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0002ZPTBI/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0070Z87YO/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o08_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I would also like to separate the sounds, so some vibrations, for instance the engine and flaps, will come from the rear shaker, and other vibrations such as the gun would come from the bottom shaker. Is this possible? I saw something in the user guide using audacity to edit sound files, but there are no sound files in my sim shaker directory.

Edited by moespeeds

Moe "Moespeeds" Colontonio

vVMA 231

http://www.vvma-231.com/

Looking for a serious US based Harrier Squadron? We are recruiting!

Simshaker is great! I've been using it for about a month with a single AuraSound AST-2B-4 Pro Bass Shaker under my seat, driven by a Lepai LP-168HA 2.1 2 x 40-Watt Amplifier. I use a Asus DGX Xonar Soundcard to run it all.

I would like to add a second shaker to the seat back to run only engine vibration. Is this possible, and if so, would I need a second AMP as well? I tried hooking up the shakers to the right and left speaker channels on the amp, with no luck. The second shaker doesn't vibrate. Here are links to the AMP and Shaker I'm using:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0002ZPTBI/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0070Z87YO/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o08_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I would also like to separate the sounds, so some vibrations, for instance the engine and flaps, will come from the rear shaker, and other vibrations such as the gun would come from the bottom shaker. Is this possible? I saw something in the user guide using audacity to edit sound files, but there are no sound files in my sim shaker directory.

The SoundModule is not part of my free SimShaker for Aviators, please contant Andre for such feature request...

I just released a new beta where the tail wheel bug for the Spitfire is fixed.

I hope I can release a new stable this weekend. It heavily depends if Andre is ready for the stable SoundModule release...

I have purchased the paid version.

There is no paid version of SimShaker for Aviators!

You mean the SoundModule, this is payware. This is a separate application not related to me and in the future will not be included/bundled with the free SimShaker for Aviators. For more information on the history of this project please read my statement in the first post of this thread...

F410 I’ll you please do two step by step checklist Klimt one for the install the second for using from a cold and dead computer please.

BlackeyCole 20years usaf

XP-11. Dcs 2.5OB

Acer predator laptop/ i7 7720, 2.4ghz, 32 gb ddr4 ram, 500gb ssd,1tb hdd,nvidia 1080 8gb vram

New FlightSim Blog at https://blackeysblog.wordpress.com. Go visit it and leave me feedback and or comments so I can make it better. A new post every Friday.

F410 I’ll you please do two step by step checklist Klimt one for the install the second for using from a cold and dead computer please.

Hey Blacley,

just install the SSA software from:

https://dreamsimteam.blogspot.ru/p/downloads.html

Plugin your JetSeat to a USB port and connect power. It might be necessary to install the gametrix driver.

Start SSA and then DCS and have fun ;).

If you need any help, SSA comes with a (slightly outdated) manual, you can find it in the help menu...

I'll look into the helo thing later...

Would be great if the VRS setting was also customizable at which vertical speed things start to shake.

The Spit has a retractable tail wheel :-). It just retracts/extends a short distance.

Usually DCS reports a 1 if a wheel is extended and a 0 if it's retracted. This logic is somehow changed for the Spit...

Just checked, there is no visual clue that the tail wheel retracts a bit and this is from the Manual:

In the early series of Spitfire IXs, the tail wheel did not retract, while in latter models the rear gear leg folded upwards and fit into the fuselage, closed off by hinged doors on each side of the hatch.

Strange that they have logic there...

I just released a new beta where the tail wheel bug for the Spitfire is fixed.

I hope I can release a new stable this weekend. It heavily depends if Andre is ready for the stable SoundModule release...

How can I get hold of a beta release? Is there another download site than Andre's

Thank f410 where do i find the ssa app to start? I looked in the menu bar and tried finding where it installed on the hard drives

BlackeyCole 20years usaf

XP-11. Dcs 2.5OB

Thank f410 where do i find the ssa app to start? I looked in the menu bar and tried finding where it installed on the hard drives

If you have SSA installed correctly, there should be a shortcut on your desktop. Otherwise, hit your windows key on your keyboard and type: simshaker

then Windows should list the application...

Hi Blacley.

If you like me have more than one account on your computer, you should be aware that SSA will search for and install itself only on the administrator account as far as I know. That means you will not see it from other accounts, because it's a desktop application and will not be seen from other accounts. Please Olaf correct me if I'm wrong.

Due to this you need to run DCS from your administrator account, otherwise you will not find the SSA Icon in your tool tray, desktop or even in the search tool. There is a work around for this though.

Right Olaf? I don't want to be a smart guy here, just talking from my own experience.

Regards

Michael

Edited by ctd01
added more

Ah ok I understand. So, using just simshaker, is there a way to separate the input to the transducers, so that one can handle the engine, and the other can handle all the other inputs?

There is no paid version of SimShaker for Aviators!

You mean the SoundModule, this is payware. This is a separate application not related to me and in the future will not be included/bundled with the free SimShaker for Aviators. For more information on the history of this project please read my statement in the first post of this thread...

Moe "Moespeeds" Colontonio

vVMA 231

http://www.vvma-231.com/

Looking for a serious US based Harrier Squadron? We are recruiting!

Ah ok I understand. So, using just simshaker, is there a way to separate the input to the transducers, so that one can handle the engine, and the other can handle all the other inputs?

Not in SSA this must be implemented on the SoundModule side. SSA sends 'all' necessary information to the SoundModule...

Thanks everyone I got it figured out went home and looked at the desktop for links found on for ssa clicked on it it open it and another app got the jetseat in the right mode and tested it out. I knew it was sw since I found the massage and test app in the start menu and everything was working there.one software problem left with another app then will be able to concentrate on flying until new hardware arrives.

BlackeyCole 20years usaf

XP-11. Dcs 2.5OB

Not in SSA this must be implemented on the SoundModule side. SSA sends 'all' necessary information to the SoundModule...

Love the software - trying it out this weekend!

Question: So what do I get with SSA software and the Gametrix 908 Jet Seat with Andre's mod that I don't get with the payware SimShaker Sound Module?

Love the software - trying it out this weekend!

Question: So what do I get with SSA software and the Gametrix 908 Jet Seat with Andre's mod that I don't get with the payware SimShaker Sound Module?

The payware module is only for buttkicker users. If you own a Jetseat you don't have to buy anything for DCS,X-Plane11, FSX or P3D.

SSA is freeware and donations are used to buy new DCS modules...

The payware module is only for buttkicker users. If you own a Jetseat you don't have to buy anything for DCS,X-Plane11, FSX or P3D.

SSA is freeware and donations are used to buy new DCS modules...

:thumbup:No way! Seriously! Donating as soon as my wife leaves her purse within reach!

Anyone know how to access this SSA screen? I own the Jetseat and SSA and cant find it.

https://plus.google.com/photos/photo/102385542845985326590/6537018772204647426?authkey=CIrfiPmu_YGfqwE

Got it. With DCS running I had to hover the mouse pointer over the main icon and a small blank window appears on the desktop to the left of the icon . Click on the blank window and the control screen is revealed. Very obtuse.

Win 10 I7 6700K @ 4.0 GHZ. 16 gig memory GTX 1070 SSD