[Official] SimShaker for Aviators

Guys,

nice to see all these nice comments/compliments. That's the fuel which drives my dev work...

I'm currently a bit busy with my new job thus some SSA stuff takes a bit longer then usual...

However, Franky's guess regarding the secret module is almost right. Someone bought it for me but have (already) access to the cat. As mentioned in some interviews (by HB), HB and I are working very closely on a very good integration of SSA and the Cat. The Viggen will profit later from the collaboration....

There are other things wanted by the community on my ToDo list: the C101, the CEagle, ForceFeel support, a new user interface...

So a lot of 'work' besides usual bugfixing...

However, the cat is almost finished and I fixed a few bugs in SSA in the past weeks: I did some 'blind' C101 stuff because I don't have it which I already released as a beta, so there is at least some progress...

Making SSA open source is at the current source code state not an option. I need to clean it, check for proprietary stuff, stuff which Andre wrote ages ago...

Cheers

Anyone have problem with SSA app crashing?

Did a new clean install of DCS and now SSA starts/connects, shows up in taskbar but crash/close down when my mouse hovers over it.

Tried a new install of SSA but same problem.

Can't find a .log file :-/

No way I can fly help without it :-D

Did your anti virus software maybe remove some files? Could you please check the logs? Which software are you using?

Hey not sure if anyone's noticed but since there are 2 p51 parents only one of them has the ssa effects working the -25 works but the -30 doesn't. Thanks :)

RTX 2080ti, I7 9700k, 32gb ram, SSD, Samsung Odyssey VR, MSFFB2, T-50 Throttle, Thrustmaster Rudder Pedals

Hey not sure if anyone's noticed but since there are 2 p51 parents only one of them has the ssa effects working the -25 works but the -30 doesn't. Thanks :)

Ah thanks for the hint ;) I'll add the new one and just copy the settings from the old one...

Hi!

I really appreciate all the hard work f4l0 has put into creating SimShaker for Aviators. I want to start by saying thank you. I just received my ForceFeel, and I know that there is no support for it yet, but I would like to know if there are plans for support in the future.

I'm hopeful there will be.

Cheers!

I just published a new SSA version:

Version 1.3.4.0 – beta/stable release

- P51D-30-NA added, uses old P51 implementation

- Includes all previous beta fixes

Version 1.3.3.2 – beta release

- F/A-18C payload bug fixed

Version 1.3.3.1 – beta release

- F190D Dashboard effect strength reduced by 50% - C101 added

The C101 is still very 'primitive'. I might use the current sale to get the bird...

I just published a new SSA version:

Version 1.3.4.0 – beta/stable release

- P51D-30-NA added, uses old P51 implementation

- Includes all previous beta fixes

Version 1.3.3.2 – beta release

- F/A-18C payload bug fixed

Version 1.3.3.1 – beta release

- F190D Dashboard effect strength reduced by 50% - C101 added

The C101 is still very 'primitive'. I might use the current sale to get the bird...

I have a question... Is there a way to make the motors really strong? In the Hornet, it is as if they have been reduced, but i have everything on high, the controller on high, but I barely feel anything after the last couple updates. I really have to crank the Gs and AoA to get a decent feel from them...

A-10C - FC3 - CA - L-39 - UH1 - P-51 - Hawk - BS2 - F-86 - Gazelle - F-5E - AV8B - F/A-18C

i5-4590 - GTX 1060 - Oculus CV1 - TM:Warthog

[sIGPIC]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic9979_1.gif[/sIGPIC]

I have a question... Is there a way to make the motors really strong? In the Hornet, it is as if they have been reduced, but i have everything on high, the controller on high, but I barely feel anything after the last couple updates. I really have to crank the Gs and AoA to get a decent feel from them...

I had similar issues, I found my power plug was faulty... Is it only in the Hornet? Did you try the test software or massage test?

Guys,

There are other things wanted by the community on my ToDo list: the C101, the CEagle, ForceFeel support, a new user interface...

So a lot of 'work' besides usual bugfixing...

Cheers

Just received my ForceFeel and got it working in soundmode. I can see the possibilities so adding my 'wish' for integration with DCS proper.... ;-)

Thanks for all you do! :thumbup:

I had similar issues, I found my power plug was faulty... Is it only in the Hornet? Did you try the test software or massage test?

I pretty much only fly the hornet at the moment (until the tomcat comes out), so I haven't tested it any on the other ones in a long time. I haven't moved my seat at all either. I did try the test software, at maximum strength (I think) and it vibrated really well... except 1 of the motors was a little lower than the others...

I have the Jetseat Handler all the way up, I have the control box (where the 15 pin wire is) rotated all the way up... but while flying, everything is pretty low (even with it all set to 100 except engine rumble and APU... I have those 2 turned down.

I used to feel the flares, and gun, and ground bumps, and everything else really well... but lately it's been very weak.

A-10C - FC3 - CA - L-39 - UH1 - P-51 - Hawk - BS2 - F-86 - Gazelle - F-5E - AV8B - F/A-18C

i5-4590 - GTX 1060 - Oculus CV1 - TM:Warthog

[sIGPIC]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic9979_1.gif[/sIGPIC]

I pretty much only fly the hornet at the moment (until the tomcat comes out), so I haven't tested it any on the other ones in a long time. I haven't moved my seat at all either. I did try the test software, at maximum strength (I think) and it vibrated really well... except 1 of the motors was a little lower than the others...

I have the Jetseat Handler all the way up, I have the control box (where the 15 pin wire is) rotated all the way up... but while flying, everything is pretty low (even with it all set to 100 except engine rumble and APU... I have those 2 turned down.

I used to feel the flares, and gun, and ground bumps, and everything else really well... but lately it's been very weak.

I didn't change anything in the past on the effect strengths for the Hornet... Is someone else experiencing this?

Did your anti virus software maybe remove some files? Could you please check the logs? Which software are you using?
Got it working again! As you said a virus software issue. Well a windows upgrade+virus software issue acctually :-P

A part of NOSIG

Is there a way to super strengthen the effects, so that I can adjust as needed?

I see there 3 'solutions':

1. Adjust strength in SSA
  2. Adjust strength of the effect files
  3. Since the jetset motors are somewhat limited, add additional bass shakers for the extra punch...

However, if you say, that the massage is strong, the Hornet should be somewhat comparable...

Got it working again! As you said a virus software issue. Well a windows upgrade+virus software issue acctually :-P

A part of NOSIG

Great!

@all: I just published a new beta with some C-101 improvements! Please give feedback if possible...

Hi,

I have a very basic question : I have just received my Force Feed yesterday sit from REALTEUS, which seems to use a software SimShaker.

Is there a compatibility with you software (SimShaker For Aviator) that seems powerfull.

I tried, but it looks like it does not connect to the sit.

(I try to connect in USB mode, not yet in sound mode)

Thanks for any support.

I just installed the buttkicker 2, and downloaded ssa --from page 1, I thought is said I needed jetseat installed. Where can I download your latest version, and what all do I need. Thank you for putting the time in, to better the flight experience. The buttkicker works, but there is no difference between regular thrust and afterburner. I did see where I could alter the settings in the jetseat window, but it would not allow me to select buttkicker in the other tab. I will of course be continuing to try to get it to work, any help appreciated.

Edited by Shotgun Dexter

Hi,

I have a very basic question : I have just received my Force Feed yesterday sit from REALTEUS, which seems to use a software SimShaker.

Is there a compatibility with you software (SimShaker For Aviator) that seems powerfull.

I tried, but it looks like it does not connect to the sit.

(I try to connect in USB mode, not yet in sound mode)

Thanks for any support.

Any support for forcefeel in near future?

As you can see an a previous page, it's planned but not real release date...

I just installed the buttkicker 2, and downloaded ssa --from page 1, I thought is said I needed jetseat installed. Where can I download your latest version, and what all do I need. Thank you for putting the time in, to better the flight experience. The buttkicker works, but there is no difference between regular thrust and afterburner. I did see where I could alter the settings in the jetseat window, but it would not allow me to select buttkicker in the other tab. I will of course be continuing to try to get it to work, any help appreciated.

For Buttkicker/Bass shaker support you need Andre's special Sound Module! You can find it in Andre's shop...

it took me a bit to finally get everything right (Im not as computer savy as many of you all)

But holy hell.... I got it right now, and the combo of simshaker for aviators and the sound module by Andre, is worth every penny. It will totally bring the aircraft to life. I have only tried the hornet so far, but Andres program definitely makes the buttkicker an excellent addition. The sound module is not very expensive and the simshaker for aviators is free, I am looking for the way to make donation to that guy though. These guys that spend so much time making this community better, absolutely deserve a little cash.

Andres sound module will allow you to adjust all the sounds and shakes, to how you think they should be. I love having the afterburners with very strong vibration in comparison to the normal throttle, helps remind you that your burning lots of fuel. Just totally changes this sim. Im suppose to go back to Texas in a week to work my 2week hitch---- but I don't know, maybe I need to take a few more days off.

Edited by Shotgun Dexter