[Official] SimShaker for Aviators

Ok, could you isolate with the settings monitor which effect is running? What seat do you use?

Thanks for the quick reply. Your answer made me realize the problem ("huh, I don't recognize all these values visible in the effect monitor...?"). Turns out I was a complete moron and didn't see that the effect list in the setting view was scrollable. I know... :helpsmilie:

Anyway, it was the Buffet/Stall Shudders/Vortex Ring State that I needed to turn off (when I eventually found it.. after scrolling down..).

Thanks and sorry! :joystick:

By the way, a feature request:

If you could implement a box for deadzone setting for each effect (default to 0), that would be amazing!

Use case:

The G Feeling Effect is cool. I like it when I actually pull significant G:s. However, if I have it on, the motors start to vibrate even on extremely small loads which is just annoying. Since the smallest physical vibration effect is still pretty high (and loud) on the Gametrix mats, it doesn't feel right.

If we had a deadzone setting, I could set it up like this:

STRENGTH: 75 (lots of vibrations...)

DEADZONE: 40 (...but only start the linear increase after say 4G or so)

A custom user curve option would give even more freedom, but it seems like a much more fiddly GUI / UX task, and it's probably overkill.

Thanks for an outstanding software!

By the way, a feature request:

If you could implement a box for deadzone setting for each effect (default to 0), that would be amazing!

Use case:

The G Feeling Effect is cool. I like it when I actually pull significant G:s. However, if I have it on, the motors start to vibrate even on extremely small loads which is just annoying. Since the smallest physical vibration effect is still pretty high (and loud) on the Gametrix mats, it doesn't feel right.

If we had a deadzone setting, I could set it up like this:

STRENGTH: 75 (lots of vibrations...)

DEADZONE: 40 (...but only start the linear increase after say 4G or so)

A custom user curve option would give even more freedom, but it seems like a much more fiddly GUI / UX task, and it's probably overkill.

Thanks for an outstanding software!

For G feeling we already have such setting... Adding more use inputs/configs for all effects is a lot of work, internal processing, new user interface. Maybe too much for a hobby project... We will see what the future brings :D

where can I download the beta 1.3.6.13 ???

http://dsteam.azurewebsites.net/SSA/beta/publish.htm

i5 8400 | 32 Gb RAM | RTX 2080Ti | Virpil Mongoose T-50 base w/ Warthog & Hornet sticks | Warthog throttle | Cougar throttle USB | DIY Collective | Virpil desk mount | VKB T-Rudder Mk IV | Oculus Rift S | Buddy-Fox A-10 UFC | 3x TM MFDs | 2x bass shakers pedal plate| SIMple SIMpit chair | WinWing TakeOff panel | PointCTRL v2 | Andre JetSeat | Winwing Hornet UFC | Winwing Viper ICP

FC3 - Warthog - F-5E - Harrier - NTTR - Hornet - Tomcat - Huey - Viper - C-101 - PG - Hip - SuperCarrier - Syria - Warthog II - Hind - South Atlantic - Sinai - Strike Eagle

THX :thumbup:

anytime, enjoy it, it´s a blast!

i5 8400 | 32 Gb RAM | RTX 2080Ti | Virpil Mongoose T-50 base w/ Warthog & Hornet sticks | Warthog throttle | Cougar throttle USB | DIY Collective | Virpil desk mount | VKB T-Rudder Mk IV | Oculus Rift S | Buddy-Fox A-10 UFC | 3x TM MFDs | 2x bass shakers pedal plate| SIMple SIMpit chair | WinWing TakeOff panel | PointCTRL v2 | Andre JetSeat | Winwing Hornet UFC | Winwing Viper ICP

FC3 - Warthog - F-5E - Harrier - NTTR - Hornet - Tomcat - Huey - Viper - C-101 - PG - Hip - SuperCarrier - Syria - Warthog II - Hind - South Atlantic - Sinai - Strike Eagle

Hi, for some reason I can't install the last version of your software, I have"

your administrator has blocked this application because it potentially poses a security risk"

I have installed the previous version but nothing. any Idea?

Thanks

Edited by Icebeat

Hi, for some reason I can't install the last version of your software, I have"

your administrator has blocked this application because it potentially poses a security risk"

I have installed the previous version but nothing. any Idea?

Thanks

It's just Windows being overly protective in this case. You should see a 'More Info' link, and once you click that a "Run Anyway" button appears.

Intel i9-9900KF @5.2GHz

MSI Z390 Gaming Pro Carbon

32GB G.Skill Trident Z DDR3200 RAM

MSI RTX 2080 Ti Gaming X Trio

40" Panasonic TH-40DX600U @ 4K

Pimax Vision 8K Plus / Oculus Rift CV1 / HTC Vive

Gametrix JetSeat with SimShaker

Windows 10 64 Bit Home Edition

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

It's just Windows being overly protective in this case. You should see a 'More Info' link, and once you click that a "Run Anyway" button appears.

I already did it the first time and now it doesn't ask me, windows just show the message but not allow me to choose. :mad:

Please help.

Ladies and gentlemen,

I'm proud to reveal the secret project I was working on in the last weeks. I spent almost my entire free time and some days off work to push SimShaker to a new level. Thus, Andre and I can proudly announce SimShaker for Aviators.

SSA setup is available at our Downloads page https://dreamsimteam.blogspot.ru/p/downloads.html

Latest News

03/31/2019

Version 1.3.7.0 released with (experimental) ForceFeel support.

11/21/2018

New SSA beta version 1.3.1.2 released

05/20/2018

New SSA version with separate SoundModule installation!

I released a new SSA version without the SoundModule. it requires now a separate installation. This should emphasise, that SSA, developed and maintained by me, is freeware and the SoundModule is a payware AddOn developed by Andre...

With this new version I got some bug reports that SSA does not start anymore. Here is a workaround:

There are some reports that there might be an issue with Windows forcing this behaviour...

You could try to start the application from it's install path.

It's usually something like: C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Apps\2.0\somename\somename\sims..tion_somehash use the date modified field in the explorer to find the correct entry...

03/23/18

The next stable release will remove the SoundModule from SSA. You have to install it separately. This step is necessary to highlight the differences between the free SSA and the payware SoundModule.

09/03/17

Version 1.0.0.47 released: https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3236391&postcount=508

Version 1.0.0.48 released -> Missing X-Plane plugin fixed

08/09/17

Future of SimShaker for Aviators

Dear SSA users,

some years ago I bothered Andre to implement certain features into his SimShaker software. As I was very annoyed ;-), Andre and I had been talking a lot and sometime later he asked me to team up and work together on the SimShaker software. I joined and developed for free because I really can not fly without that software anymore and was to impatient to get new features/effects ;).

At the beginning we worked together. After some time, Andre started the SimShaker-Wheels project and I rewrote almost the entire code of SimShaker leading to SimShaker for Aviators supporting today DCS, X-Plane, FSX, P3D. In fact, after that point I was the only developer of SimShaker for Aviators and Andre focused on Wheels and his great E-Shop (https://andres.shop/)!

Today, people are mixing up Andre's shop, Jetseat, SimShaker for Aviators and SimShaker SoundModule. This lead to some confusions. In addition, the request to support new flight sims is increasing. Also giving free support can be very time consuming. I think some clarifications and statements about the future of this project are necessary!

As some of you know, I plan to submit my phd thesis in the next half year and who knows what life brings then. I spent to much time and energy to let SSA simply go ;). Thus, I will focus on SSA as it is today. This mean, SSA will be limited to DCS, X-Plane, FSX and P3D on a free/donation basis. As you all know, I sometimes just bought modules to add support in SSA for them and provided it free to you. Because my main motivation is having a better simulation experience for me and you.

For me it was always challenging to distinguished between the payware/money side and the 'free/donation' side. Thus, Andre and I agreed that all current and future payware extension like BMS will be transferred to SimShaker Wings, a separate application, developed/maintained by Andre. I will continue my work on SSA!

I'm sure, some parts/ideas/effects of Wings and SSA will merge or influence each other :-). We plan as well to share our existing infrastructure such as Slack, FB group, FTP/HTTP servers, Help Desk, etc.

I wish Andre good luck and hope he will have success with his projects!

Olaf (f4l0)

04/17/17 Stable release of SimShaker for Aviators!

01/29/17 Stable release of SimShaker for Aviators!

Improvements on the user interface. Some typos were fixed and disabled effects/modes will be highlighted in the GUI.

11/26/16 Stable release of SimShaker for Aviators!

Today we will release the stable version of the new SimShaker for Aviators which was now in beta for almost two months. There might/will be of course some issues here an there but we thing it's ready for a release.

---

If SimShaker stopped working on DCS 1.5.5 either remove the export.lua or check if the following is present:

os.setlocale("ISO-8559-1", "numeric")

Remove this line from your export.lua and you should be fine.

----

SSA reached beta status and is available for the testers and interested people. In particular we are also looking for FSX/P3D tester!

----

I'm in contact with a former jet pilot to improve the effect. I'm really looking forward to this :)

13. Oct 2016:

In the last couple of days I worked with a former jet pilot and now airline pilot on the AoA effects for the M2KC, L39, F5E, Su25 and Su25T. Currently we are searching for pilots how have flown the other models or similar models. Our 'test pilot' also thinks that the G-Feeling effect is a bit to much since it hides some AoA related effects. He said that real pilots can feel if AoA is 15 or not. Thus, he advises to turn of the G-Feeling.

Overall he was really impressed/happy how SimShaker works and that most of the effects feel how they should.

General

SimShaker for Aviators (SSA) is the successor of SimShaker for DCS and FalconBMS - a almost entire new implementation. SSA brings tactile feedback to your simulation experience. It uses data like speed, gear position, engine state and many more directly from the simulation which enables us to create very precise and distinguishable feedback. SSA supports two tactile feedback approaches, namely tactile transducer like Buttkicker (requires SimShaker Sound Module) and Gametrix JetSeat.

Currently we are in the internal testing stage but we hope to release a first preview/beta version soon.

New in SSA

SSA comes with a new user interface and internal aircraft management system. This allows you to control each effect for each aircraft separately. Generic settings can be used to configure all effects of a specific aircraft type, for example, jet or piston plane.

SSA can be used for DCS, FalconBMS and simulations using SimConnect like FSX or P3D. For DCS and FalconBMS, we create separate effects handling for almost all available models. For FSX/P3D, we currently have only a very basic support using a generic approach. This might change in the future.

JetSeat

Old JetSeat thread: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=134704

SimShaker Sound Module

Old SimShaker Sound Module thread: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=144060

Support the project

SimShaker for Aviators for DCS and P3D/FSX is free and usually we buy all modules/games SSA supports by our self. However we welcome any kind of support.

More information

https://dreamsimteam.blogspot.de/

Feature requests and bug reports

https://dreamsimteam.freshdesk.com/support/home

User comments

(old SimShaker version)

Hi f4I0. I just bought the Force Feel from Realteus. I have also installed the SSA and the JetSeat Control Panel (both downloaded from the Andre's blog). Howvere, when I launch the Jetseat panel (which seems designed for the +gametrix jestseat), the panel shows that my jetseat is disconnected. Also, when I launch DCS, the jetseat panel pop up showing the setpoint of the vibration, but during the flight nothing happen. Could help ? What I'm doing wrong ?

Many thanks for your support, and thank you for your works

Marco

Hi f4I0. I just bought the Force Feel from Realteus. I have also installed the SSA and the JetSeat Control Panel (both downloaded from the Andre's blog). Howvere, when I launch the Jetseat panel (which seems designed for the +gametrix jestseat), the panel shows that my jetseat is disconnected. Also, when I launch DCS, the jetseat panel pop up showing the setpoint of the vibration, but during the flight nothing happen. Could help ? What I'm doing wrong ?

Many thanks for your support, and thank you for your works

Marco

Just execute SimShaker for Aviators with the Forcefeel seat plugged both the power cord and the USB to the computer. Turn it on pushing the knob on the remote controller and make sure the light is steady.

Within SSA beta version, make sure you open the app, go to the "service" tab, and choose "Output mode" USB and ForceFeel.

Also, make sure the popup showing the setpoint for the vibration, the Seat handler app, reads at the bottom:

ForceFeel Seat state: OK

with green colour.

Then start DCS, make sure Windows firewall and defender warnings are acepted, fly and enjoy feeling the sim comes into life.

It´s amazing thumbup.gif

Edited by Tundra

Just execute SimShaker for Aviators with the Forcefeel seat plugged both the power cord and the USB to the computer. Turn it on pushing the knob on the remote controller and make sure the light is steady.

Within SSA beta version, make sure you open the app, go to the "service" tab, and choose "Output mode" USB and ForceFeel.

Also, make sure the popup showing the setpoint for the vibration, the Seat handler app, reads at the bottom:

ForceFeel Seat state: OK

with green colour.

Then start DCS, make sure Windows firewall and defender warnings are acepted, fly and enjoy feeling the sim comes into life.

It´s amazing thumbup.gif

Hi f4I0. Many thanks for your answer. Sorry, I think I'm a good pilot but not too much with these softwares. Could you please explain how to open the SSA app ? If I simply click on the SSA red Icon on my task bar, the following message appears:"HELLO PILOT! I'M HERE. WHEN YOU START THE MISSION I WILL START SIMSHAKER. FLY WITH PLEASURE". No menu appears where I can select the "service" tab and the "output mode". Could you help ?

Thanks

Marco

Hi f4I0. Many thanks for your answer. Sorry, I think I'm a good pilot but not too much with these softwares. Could you please explain how to open the SSA app ? If I simply click on the SSA red Icon on my task bar, the following message appears:"HELLO PILOT! I'M HERE. WHEN YOU START THE MISSION I WILL START SIMSHAKER. FLY WITH PLEASURE". No menu appears where I can select the "service" tab and the "output mode". Could you help ?

Thanks

Marco

on Windows desktop, just click on the right part of the task bar, the lower right corner of the screen, close to w where the clock is.

then your will see the red icon of having SSA open, then right click on it and choose "open or start the app" ; don't remember the exact words.

that will open the app and you will have the settings available.

Would it be possible to add/separate UH-1 slingload unhook as feedback?

Would help alot to better feel the release or sudden no-tention on sling!

A part of NOSIG

I've some doubts if DCS exports these data but I'll put it on my todo list...

on Windows desktop, just click on the right part of the task bar, the lower right corner of the screen, close to w where the clock is.

then your will see the red icon of having SSA open, then right click on it and choose "open or start the app" ; don't remember the exact words.

that will open the app and you will have the settings available.

Hi Tundra. Thanks a lot to both you and f4I0. In the end I succeeded. Forcefeel works perfectly. Thanks again for your contribution guys

Tominez

do you by any chance have a copy of the realteus2.inf trying to obtain from realteus but ticket system must be overloaded running windows 7 64 bit & have yellow error for driver in device manager o ned updat driver

are you sure Realteus ForceFeel is Win 7 compatible?