[Official] SimShaker for Aviators

Hi guys any news about the compatibility with the JF-17?

Plane feels dead with no simshaker, i honestly cant fly without it anymore

Cheers

Evilfisher

I just wish we had an option to copy an already working aircraft's SSA values over a a new aircraft so we at least get the basic functionality before f4l0 does it for us.

The time between a module's release and the actual SSA adaptation takes longer and longer.

Maybe forking it into open source so others could maintain it more swiftly would be a solution if f4l0 is unable to do so.

Either way, I am looking forward to SSA support for the JF-17 someday soon. :thumbup:

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

If it was possible just to copy yet another new module support from the existing one...

I think the best option would be a native JetSeat-wise devices support from DCS developers.

yes :thumbup:. Otherwise it's some work for us digging into this in our free time...

just one day to work and then I've some time... Maybe Santa will bring me the JF17...

I think the best option would be a native JetSeat-wise devices support from DCS developers.

Has anyone asked ED? Hmm, it feels like I have asked this question already some time ago :D

Not sure what would be the best way to convince ED and other third parties?

So far only Heatblur seems to have acknowledged the importance Jetseat/SSA support of modules.

A warrior's mission is to foster the success of others.

i9-12900K | MSI RTX 3080Ti Suprim X | 128 GB Ram 3200 MHz DDR-4 | MSI MPG Edge Z690 | Samung EVO 980 Pro SSD | Virpil Stick, Throttle and Collective | MFG Crosswind | HP Reverb G2

RAT - On the Range - Rescue Helo - Recovery Tanker - Warehouse - Airboss

A new beta is available. It fixes the IFIS bug for the F18. Due to some issues I had to change my signing key. I hope it let you update the app. Please make some backups before updating and report any issue!

Great. Thanks!! Out for holydays till thursday.. Will check when back home

Spanish Ala12rv Pilot 

Nevada TTR // Persian Gulf // Syria // South Atlantic

T.35C Tamiz // C-101 Mirlo // F-5E Tiger // FA-18C Hornet // Mirage F1 // EF2K!!! // F-14B Tomcat // F-16C Viper

MSI.Z690 // i9-12900F 5.1GHz // RTX3090 24GB // DDR5 5600Mhz 64GB

QuestPro // Hotas.Warthog // MFG.Crosswind // WW.Panels // TK.ICP // MFD.Cougar // Jetseat

Complete newbie to this software so I apologize ahead of time for my naive (and possibly previously answered) question. I just unpacked and setup my new Gametrix Jetseat FSE and installed SimShaker for Aviators without issue. The software appears to be working in that it recognizes the aircraft in DCS that I'm flying and it rumbles nicely.

However, based on my very early impressions it appears all the strength values are the same for each aircraft I've tried (i.e. default to 50 for everything). Should the strength values update for the specific aircraft when the software detects I'm in a new jet?

For reference, I've attached a picture of my GUI while in-game in the cockpit of the A-10C (Note: I manually disabled Engine Rumble and G Feeling, hence they are grayed out).

Thank you very much for the assistance!

uc?export=view&id=1NQu7x0fQrLlJLRgejrE8l9r71xPJkW7z

Hangar: A-7 | A-10C | AV-8B | F-14B | F-15C | F-15E | F-16C | F-18C | KA-50 | Mi-8 | SA342 | UH-1H

Our 'test pilot' also thinks that the G-Feeling effect is a bit to much since it hides some AoA related effects. He said that real pilots can feel if AoA is 15 or not. Thus, he advises to turn of the G-Feeling.

Overall he was really impressed/happy how SimShaker works and that most of the effects feel how they should.

Hi f4l0 and Andre, I am a fan of Simshaker and the latest version of the Jetseat, however, I prefer it mainly for feedback of AOA. Like your test pilot, I prefer to not use vibrations to simulate G-force either.

Is there any chance that Simshaker can support the G-force on a second USB device? For example a universal controller (such as a Phidgets 1066 or similar). This would allow simpit builders to have a servo control either seatbelt tension or air pressure for G-force feedback.

Hi Chevydriver,

I think it would be great. I'm looking forward for TNGames air pressure vest to arrive in order to try it out for G-Feeling effect.

I'm not familiar with Phidgets 1066 but it looks like it features some elaborated APIs, which is a good news.

But I'm afraid if some home-made device would fracture some ribs or (God forbid!) crush somebody to death that would be very bad for SimShaker as a brand.

Edited by =Andre=

Gametrix JetSeats thread (in English) ,

SimShaker addon for bass-shakers thread (in English),

Andre's blog, downloads, manuals (in English).

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi Andre,

Yikes certainly nothing that powerful, but I support the conservative approach.

Please keep us posted with your evaluation of that air vest you will be trying out. I was not aware of that option and generally prefer to buy a ready-made solution instead of inventing one(in my experience it often is cheaper too :hmm:)

I am very happy with the Jetseat (primarily for alpha/turbulence); let me know if you feel that gaming vest would compliment it nicely for g-force feedback. I hope Simshaker would be able to control the gaming vest; I would like to avoid running yet another background program while playing DCS. Thanks for your efforts in enhancing our gaming/simulation experience!

Hi Chevydriver,

I think it would be great. I'm looking forward for TNGames air pressure vest to arrive in order to try it out for G-Feeling effect.

I'm not familiar with Phidgets 1066 but it looks like it features some elaborated APIs, which is a good news.

But I'm afraid if some home-made device would fracture some ribs or (God forbid!) crush somebody to death that would be very bad for SimShaker as a brand.

Is the TNGames device still around? I saw it is listed for sale at Walmart, but I haven’t seen a YouTube video, for instance, newer than 2009.

TWC_SLAG

Win 10 64 bit, 2T Hard Drive, 1T SSD, 500GB SSD, ASUS Prime Z390 MB, Intel i9 9900 Coffee Lake 3.1mhz CPU, ASUS 2070 Super GPU, 32gb DDR4 Ram, Track IR5, 32” Gigabyte curved monitor, TM Warthog HOTAS, CH Pedals, Voice Attack, hp Reverb G2.

Hi Chevydriver,

The safer way to do it would be to wear air bladder chaps on the legs. Done wrong, at worst, that could cut off blood circulation to the legs or maybe pop and hit you in the face with debris. A little less risky than pressurizing your chest while trying to breath. Air bladders that compressed your thighs mixed with the jet seat would let you reserve vibration modeling for buffeting while the air bladders give you the sensation of pulling g.

I have seen tensioning systems that pull straps around your legs and chest to simulate g-force. As long as the mechanicals had a safe torque limit, that could work as well or better than air bladders, but G-suits use air bladders... so maybe combine the two techniques.

Putting some elastic lines on a helmet and pulling down on them to increase the apparent weight of your head would risk some serious injuries to your neck and spine, but would be the ultimate while wearing a VR headset and trying to look around while in a dogfight. The people with reclined F-16 seats would be at an advantage, as their head would be supported at an angle that is more useful in a dogfight just like in real life. While other people holding up their heads with their muscles would fatigue faster and be less able to follow visual targets in a dogfight.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

ok, I'll have a look... for now, please revert to the previous version!

Update: I just published a new update. Is it working again?

Edited by f4l0

Is anyone using BOTH gametrix and butt kicker? Was wondering if this was possible? I am already using a gametrix with simshaker and I just got a buttkicker out of a bundle of used hardware for sim and I wanted to hook both on my DCS.

Thanks