[Official] SimShaker for Aviators

Beta Version 1.3.9.2 is released including the JF-17. I didn't have much time to test, thus every feedback is appreciated!

Since it's an all digital cockpit I don't know how to extract the engine rpm values, thus no engine effect :(

Is anyone using BOTH gametrix and butt kicker? Was wondering if this was possible? I am already using a gametrix with simshaker and I just got a buttkicker out of a bundle of used hardware for sim and I wanted to hook both on my DCS.

Thanks

Yes you can use both at the same time...

Hi I just got a Buttkicker gamer 2 and have successfully installed it into my next level cockpit for use with DCS World. I have been looking through this long forum, but am still a little confused.

I downloaded VoiceMeeter and Simshaker for aviators, and it seems to work, although I keep getting messages about JetSeat not working?

My question is do I need to buy Sound module or is what I have done correct.

I don’t have a problem buying it, it’s just not clear even when reading Andre’s Site,where the two programs fit in to the process.

My second question would be, do I need the second sound card or will Voicemeeters virtual sound output be sufficient wit either of the options above?

Thanks for your time, any advice would be appreciated.

Cheers

Hi I just got a Buttkicker gamer 2 and have successfully installed it into my next level cockpit for use with DCS World. I have been looking through this long forum, but am still a little confused.

I downloaded VoiceMeeter and Simshaker for aviators, and it seems to work, although I keep getting messages about JetSeat not working?

My question is do I need to buy Sound module or is what I have done correct.

I don’t have a problem buying it, it’s just not clear even when reading Andre’s Site,where the two programs fit in to the process.

My second question would be, do I need the second sound card or will Voicemeeters virtual sound output be sufficient wit either of the options above?

Thanks for your time, any advice would be appreciated.

Cheers

1. Make sure you are using the latest version of SSA. Should be 1.3.9.1

2. You need a second sound card otherwise you will hear the effect sounds SSA produces in your speakers. A simple $5 USB sound card is enough

3. VoiceMeeter can be used to mix the effect sound with your normal game sound

4. You need to get a licence for Andres Sound Module which acts like a plugin/addon to my SSA to emit effect sounds/deep bass sounds

So is Voicemeter not really needed for SSA and a Buttkicker as it produces sound separately from the selected Windows sound output?

My Buttkicker is currently connected to my soundcard, but I use USB wireless headphones which aren't connected to the soundcard. Do I just leave my headphones as the main Windows sound output?

Intel Core i9 9900K 5.0GHz · Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER · Gigabyte Z390 AORUS PRO · Alienware 34" AW3418DW · Corsair 2TB M.2 NVMe · 64Gb Corsair Vengeance 3200MHz DDR4 · Windows 10 · TM HOTAS Warthog · VPC ACE-2 Rudder Pedals · VPC V.F.X Grip · VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Grip · Virpil WarBRD base · HP Reverb Pro · 3x TM MFD · Buddy-Fox A-10 UFC · 2x LG Throttle Quadrants · LG Switch Panel · LG Multi Panel · LG Radio Panel · Buttkicker Gamer & JetSeat

Nick Jennings

So is Voicemeter not really needed for SSA and a Buttkicker as it produces sound separately from the selected Windows sound output?

My Buttkicker is currently connected to my soundcard, but I use USB wireless headphones which aren't connected to the soundcard. Do I just leave my headphones as the main Windows sound output?

I use VoiceMeeter to mix in normal game sounds like explosions...

There should be a demo/test/trail version of the soundmodule which might help...

If you just use your USB headset, your setup should work...

I use VoiceMeeter to mix in normal game sounds like explosions...

There should be a demo/test/trail version of the soundmodule which might help...

If you just use your USB headset, your setup should work...

Great, I'll give it a try when my JetSeat arrives. :thumbup:

Intel Core i9 9900K 5.0GHz · Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER · Gigabyte Z390 AORUS PRO · Alienware 34" AW3418DW · Corsair 2TB M.2 NVMe · 64Gb Corsair Vengeance 3200MHz DDR4 · Windows 10 · TM HOTAS Warthog · VPC ACE-2 Rudder Pedals · VPC V.F.X Grip · VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Grip · Virpil WarBRD base · HP Reverb Pro · 3x TM MFD · Buddy-Fox A-10 UFC · 2x LG Throttle Quadrants · LG Switch Panel · LG Multi Panel · LG Radio Panel · Buttkicker Gamer & JetSeat

Nick Jennings

1. Make sure you are using the latest version of SSA. Should be 1.3.9.1

2. You need a second sound card otherwise you will hear the effect sounds SSA produces in your speakers. A simple $5 USB sound card is enough

3. VoiceMeeter can be used to mix the effect sound with your normal game sound

4. You need to get a licence for Andres Sound Module which acts like a plugin/addon to my SSA to emit effect sounds/deep bass sounds

Ok thanks for the information. I will get a copy of Sound module.

I noticed your response to the post below about a wireless USB Headset, I am also using a wired USB headset

I currently use Voicemeeter and plug the Buttkicker output into my on-board sound card.

Do I still need a separate sound card for this configuration?

Beta Version 1.3.9.2 is released including the JF-17. I didn't have much time to test, thus every feedback is appreciated!

Since it's an all digital cockpit I don't know how to extract the engine rpm values, thus no engine effect :(

What is the difference between JetSeat and Forcefeel in SimShaker for Aviators?

In Simshaker for Aviators there is an option - experimental piston engine "best used with Jeatseat!". Is there any difference between one or another?

No, the "best use with jetseat" stems from the time we only had Jetseat or SoundModule/Bassshaker. So the engine effect also works with the ForceFeel... But I highly advise you to read the ForceFeel thread in the forum!

Hi guys, is it possible to make ibajetseathandler get invoked in a minimized state? It's popping up every DCS start and it's a bit annoying. Thanks.

My controls & seat

Main controls: , BRD-N v4 Flightstick (Kreml C5 controller), TM Warthog Throttle (Kreml F3 controller), BRD-F2 Restyling Bf-109 Pedals w. damper, TrackIR5, Gametrix KW-908 (integrated into RAV4 seat)

Stick grips:

Thrustmaster Warthog

Thrustmaster Cougar (x2)

Thrustmaster F-16 FLCS

BRD KG13

Standby controls:

BRD-M2 Mi-8 Pedals (Ruddermaster controller)

BRD-N v3 Flightstick w. exch. grip upgrade (Kreml C5 controller)

Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle

Pilot seat

Does anyone know of a good second soundcard? Should be Mini pci express or USB (downsides?). An asus xonar for instance won't fit on my motherboard (z390 aorus master)

Thanks

Are you sure it won't fit? Unless you've used all of your slots already then you can use an x1 PCI-E card in a full size slot.

Nick Jennings

Does anyone know of a good second soundcard? Should be Mini pci express or USB (downsides?). An asus xonar for instance won't fit on my motherboard (z390 aorus master)

Thanks

If you can't run one internally just buy a cheap external USB audio device. It doesn't have to have amazing fidelity.