[Official] SimShaker for Aviators

Hi.

A few days ago after one of the beta hotfixes, the main rotor whirl effect on the Gazelle disappeared. Now there's no rotor effect no matter the settings in simshaker.

Another long standing issue with the Gazelle is a constant effect on the failure and damage setting, even if there's no damage.

Sent fra min G8441 via Tapatalk

Thx for the feedback. I'll have a look!

Update: A new beta is on the way... Should solve this issue...

Edited by f4l0

Thanks for the quick update.

Did a test with the Gazelle now on the latest beta. The rotor effects are back and the damage bug is finally gone. But I get no effect from ETL now. If I remember correctly, it was there earlier, but maybe a bit late in relation to the real ETL.

Edited by SACG_Yeti

Hi.

A few days ago after one of the beta hotfixes, the main rotor whirl effect on the Gazelle disappeared. Now there's no rotor effect no matter the settings in simshaker.

Another long standing issue with the Gazelle is a constant effect on the failure and damage setting, even if there's no damage.

Sent fra min G8441 via Tapatalk

Thanks for the quick update.

Did a test with the Gazelle now on the latest beta. The rotor effects are back and the damage bug is finally gone. But I get no effect from ETL now. If I remember correctly, it was there earlier, but maybe a bit late in relation to the real ETL.

I'm currently reworking the ETL effect. I've some trouble with the data DCS gives me regarding wind/IAS to calculate ETL.

To get set up do I need a soundcard, sound module, wings, wings addon, and a ButtKicker Gamer2?
For DCS you need a sound card, Simshaker for Aviators (free), sound module and some form of shaker with amplifier.

Or you could go straight for a Jetseat and Simshaker for Aviators option and not bother with the shakers, the cost isn't much difference and IMHO having gone from buttkickers to jetseat is a better option.

You will need Wings if you play other flight sims and the Wings sound module if you go with shakers.

Edited to add: You can have both jetseat and shakers running together if you go the shakers route and later add a jetseat.

AMD 5800X3D · MSI 4080 · Asus ROG Strix B550 Gaming  · HP Reverb Pro · 1Tb M.2 NVMe, 32Gb Corsair Vengence 3600MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · VIRPIL T-50CM3 Base, Alpha Prime R. VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Base. JetSeat

For DCS you need a sound card, Simshaker for Aviators (free), sound module and some form of shaker with amplifier.

Or you could go straight for a Jetseat and Simshaker for Aviators option and not bother with the shakers, the cost isn't much difference and IMHO having gone from buttkickers to jetseat is a better option.

You will need Wings if you play other flight sims and the Wings sound module if you go with shakers.

Edited to add: You can have both jetseat and shakers running together if you go the shakers route and later add a jetseat.

My concern with the jetseat is that I tend to sit leaning forward when playing so the back part would kind of be useless or is it really that much better than the buttkicker to still get it?

I wonder if the graphics card can be used as a sound card since it has audio jacks. Its a 1080ti.

Edited by mauser89

You still lean back don't you? I imagine you primarily lean forward when actively engaging a target or doing something that requires concentration.

The jetseat will give you more detailed feedback. The buttkicker will shake harder but be muddied and not as useful as a instrument, more like an effect.

Not more than maybe a third of my back. Now that I thought about it, its due to my desk height and the stick being on it with an extension. I would have to reach up unless I get one of those mounting brackets.

Hi, I was wondering if anyone else has the following issue and had a solution:

I regularly fly in multiplayer servers flying the F86 Sabre (usually Aerobatics Online - OpenBeta). I recently connected to a friend’s online server to fly the sabre but when I did, I no longer got any output from my Realteus ForceFeel. I went back onto the AO server and my FF worked fine again.

Any thoughts?

Sinclair ZX81 - 1K RAM - 16K Wobbly Ram Pack - Tape Drive - Kempston Joystick :helpsmilie:

I am using my built-in sound card (gigabyte mobo) for my sound-bar and an external AMP connected to two speakers..so i already have two outputs using a splitter. Will i need a third output for Sim Shaker for Aviators (for use with my ButtShaker Gamer2) from that same audio card? Or will I have to get another sound-card? thanks all !!! This is the splitter I'm using but it's optical and would mean that I would need a third output to be converted to RCA Audio jacks and before I buy another converter, I wanted to check with y'all. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00HQ2R314/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1. (<<<---That's my splitter)

So in summary: My computer goes to the 3-way splitter, , from the splitter I go straight to my optical connection on my SoundBar on my desk, then the 2nd splitter TOSLINK cable goes to my converter to RCA output which is for my Amp to 2 back speakers.

Edited by bad_turbulence

You need two separate/independent sound outputs. Otherwise you will hear the effect sounds in your normal speakers... Just get a cheap usb sound card to power your bass shaker, that's enough. You can merge/mix the game sound and the effect sound with a virtual mixing software like voicemeeter.

Hi, I was wondering if anyone else has the following issue and had a solution:

I regularly fly in multiplayer servers flying the F86 Sabre (usually Aerobatics Online - OpenBeta). I recently connected to a friend’s online server to fly the sabre but when I did, I no longer got any output from my Realteus ForceFeel. I went back onto the AO server and my FF worked fine again.

Any thoughts?

He must enable/allow player exports.

You need two separate/independent sound outputs. Otherwise you will hear the effect sounds in your normal speakers... Just get a cheap usb sound card to power your bass shaker, that's enough. You can merge/mix the game sound and the effect sound with a virtual mixing software like voicemeeter.

if im low on USB ports and would like to get an internal sound card for this purpose, what product would you recommend that's workable but not too cheaply made? Something like this:

https://www.amazon.com/GODSHARK-Internal-Windows-Profile-Bracket/dp/B07R191M25/ref=sr_1_18_sspa?dchild=1&keywords=internal+sound+hard+PCI-E&qid=1588609427&sr=8-18-spons&swrs=AE588B644C9687C500EE6EB857D03E54&psc=1&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUE5VTNVTkxGWDZUVFomZW5jcnlwdGVkSWQ9QTA2NzkxNjg2V1NFTTNFRVU2QVkmZW5jcnlwdGVkQWRJZD1BMDg2MzA2NzIwTjdKV0U2UkQ1TkMmd2lkZ2V0TmFtZT1zcF9hdGZfbmV4dCZhY3Rpb249Y2xpY2tSZWRpcmVjdCZkb05vdExvZ0NsaWNrPXRydWU=

What color jack do i plug into on the above GODSHARK device

AND if I go USB, something like this:

https://www.amazon.com/UGREEN-External-Converter-Headphone-Microphone/dp/B01M7QQQC7/ref=redir_mobile_desktop?ie=UTF8&aaxitk=d8EtHohht2Ol8.eIxSsqdA&hsa_cr_id=8744743280501&ref_=sb_s_sparkle

What type of inputs do i need on the sound card? Do I need RCA jacks, or headphone style 3.5mm jacks on the sound card itself?

Edited by bad_turbulence

if im low on USB ports and would like to get an internal sound card for this purpose, what product would you recommend that's workable but not too cheaply made? Something like this:

https://www.amazon.com/GODSHARK-Internal-Windows-Profile-Bracket/dp/B07R191M25/ref=sr_1_18_sspa?dchild=1&keywords=internal+sound+hard+PCI-E&qid=1588609427&sr=8-18-spons&swrs=AE588B644C9687C500EE6EB857D03E54&psc=1&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUE5VTNVTkxGWDZUVFomZW5jcnlwdGVkSWQ9QTA2NzkxNjg2V1NFTTNFRVU2QVkmZW5jcnlwdGVkQWRJZD1BMDg2MzA2NzIwTjdKV0U2UkQ1TkMmd2lkZ2V0TmFtZT1zcF9hdGZfbmV4dCZhY3Rpb249Y2xpY2tSZWRpcmVjdCZkb05vdExvZ0NsaWNrPXRydWU=

What color jack do i plug into on the above GODSHARK device

AND if I go USB, something like this:

https://www.amazon.com/UGREEN-External-Converter-Headphone-Microphone/dp/B01M7QQQC7/ref=redir_mobile_desktop?ie=UTF8&aaxitk=d8EtHohht2Ol8.eIxSsqdA&hsa_cr_id=8744743280501&ref_=sb_s_sparkle

What type of inputs do i need on the sound card? Do I need RCA jacks, or headphone style 3.5mm jacks on the sound card itself?

Since the audio quality is not important I just bought the cheapest USB sound card for ~$5. Works on my side... Any other sound card would work as well..

Hi all, I’m wondering if anyone else has noticed this or can verify if they have a similar problem. My simshaker setup has worked flawless for me but when ever I log onto the “Just Dogfight” or “Storm of War” online servers the simshaker doesn’t work at all. I’ve not found any other servers with this issue. Has anyone else found this issue on those or any other servers?

Edit: I just read up the top of the page about Shadow912’s similar issue. I’m guessing the fix will be the same? If so I’ll alert the server owners and ask them if they can change it.

Edited by FinalGlide

FinalGlide

Specs: i7 8700k (5Ghz), 32gig 3200Mhz ram, EVO 960 SSD, Asus Strix RTX2080 (OC'd), Windows 10 Pro, Hp Reverb Pro V2, VPC WarBRD with MongoosT-50CM2 Grip, VPC MongoosT-50 Throttle, Thrustmaster TPR pedals, Buttkicker with Simshaker for Aviators and Simshaker Sound Module

Kameraden,

Using Buttkicker Gamer 2, with SimShaker for Aviators and Sound Module (Mono). Started tuning in the FW190A-8 and I'm new to this, any suggestions on how to proceed?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

S!

Edited by Lipfert

Kameraden,

Using Buttkicker Gamer 2, with SimShaker for Aviators and Sound Module. Started tuning in the FW190A-8 and I'm new to this, any suggestions on how to proceed?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

S!

Went just recently thrue the process....my jetSeat Cussion just arrived today, so I could tell you about the buttkicker setup but still not there with the cussion.

Lot's of fiddeling to adjust it to my liking.

Went just recently thrue the process....my jetSeat Cussion just arrived today, so I could tell you about the buttkicker setup but still not there with the cussion.

Lot's of fiddeling to adjust it to my liking.

Lt_Jaeger,

That would be great, I'd just like to understand the thought process during tuning. Is it as simple as tuning one on at a time?

S!

Lt_Jaeger,

That would be great, I'd just like to understand the thought process during tuning. Is it as simple as tuning one on at a time?

S!

Yeap, that was the way. I started with the butt kicker first, because he was there first, would recommend it anyway.

I started with the engine... then wep or afterburner, all the airborne stuff, just adding one at the time. Turned that off, adjusted takeoff, then the rest. Turned everything on, fine tuned.

Still not there (with the seat) , some Effekts kinda even hurt.

Gesendet von meinem LYA-L29 mit Tapatalk

Just made a pic of the basic config. Still fiddeling, though

257720711_BasicSettings.thumb.png.eccbb817a3376cd9777b43656cdeb4fc.png

Edited by Lt_Jaeger
Added Picture

Yeap, that was the way. I started with the butt kicker first, because he was there first, would recommend it anyway.

I started with the engine... then wep or afterburner, all the airborne stuff, just adding one at the time. Turned that off, adjusted takeoff, then the rest. Turned everything on, fine tuned.

Still not there (with the seat) , some Effekts kinda even hurt.

Gesendet von meinem LYA-L29 mit Tapatalk

Just made a pic of the basic config. Still fiddeling, though

I used both an IBeam Shaker and the JetSeat together before. I found that the JetSeat performs significantly weaker when used like this compared to being used without "Combined Output" (weaker vibration effects). Because of this, I eventually removed the JetSeat and run on iBeam with Sound Module alone.

Not sure if this is a software issue or is just subjective observation from my side. Regardless, I found little benefit of having both. The iBeam requires a lot of sound file tweaking (pitch changes) to come to its own, but once that is done, it is amazingly crisp, albeit "only" a MONO Shaker. I would like the developers of both to comment on these observed effects (weaker JetSeat effects when using combined signals) if possible please.

overalien

Hog Driver starting to really like the Tomcat

System specs:

Intel i7-8700k - OC to 5.0 GHz

| 32 GB RAM 3600 MHz | Nvidia 1080ti SLi | Mixed Storage - Win 10 and DCS on Samsung SSD 970 Pro

Flightgear:

7 Displays (3 x 1440p, 1 X 1080p, 3 X Lilliput Touch) | 3 x Cougar MFDs

| Warthog HOTAS | Thrustmaster TPR Pedals | iBEAM Shaker + Simshaker for Aviators w. Sound Module | Helios | VAICOM Pro + AIRIO | TrackIR 5

Hello, I am on the beta on sim shaker and I've notice the p51 engine rumble is missing.

Regards,

RTX 2080ti, I7 9700k, 32gb ram, SSD, Samsung Odyssey VR, MSFFB2, T-50 Throttle, Thrustmaster Rudder Pedals

I used both an IBeam Shaker and the JetSeat together before. I found that the JetSeat performs significantly weaker when used like this compared to being used without "Combined Output" (weaker vibration effects). Because of this, I eventually removed the JetSeat and run on iBeam with Sound Module alone.

Not sure if this is a software issue or is just subjective observation from my side. Regardless, I found little benefit of having both. The iBeam requires a lot of sound file tweaking (pitch changes) to come to its own, but once that is done, it is amazingly crisp, albeit "only" a MONO Shaker. I would like the developers of both to comment on these observed effects (weaker JetSeat effects when using combined signals) if possible please.

I think that is subjective observation.

Gametrix JetSeats thread (in English) ,

SimShaker addon for bass-shakers thread (in English),

Andre's blog, downloads, manuals (in English).

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Recently got this add on and love it. Still tweaking the sound files to work well with the dynamic range of my home made drivers.

I do have one stupid question though. How do I have permanently raise the volume setting? Every time I start DCS (and thus simshaker) the volume reverts to 50%.