[Official] SimShaker for Aviators

I just pushed a new beta. It fixes an issue with the engine effect for multi-engine piston planes...

In addition, I implemented a feature which reduces the piston beat effect while airborne. This feature must be enabled in the settings tab. You can also control the amount of dampening. What do you think?

Great! Thank you very much for the piston beat airborne. Loving your good works :)

I have tested the P51 and the Spitfire with the following feedback for the engine piston beat for you:

1. P51 Very good and all that I hoped for, especially with the engine piston beat on the ground too, even when the throttle is set to idle; 10 out of 10! :)

2. Spitfire, good but one problem. When the P51 starts up on the ground, the engine piston beat works great and even when the throttle is set to idle, the engine beat can be felt and the aircraft is alive! However, when I start the Spitfire engine and the throttle is at idle, there is no engine beat at all and it is as if the engine is not working; nothing is felt (dead). :(

If I move the throttle forward to taxi the Spitfire then the engine beat can be felt and that is great. But the Spitfire does not come alive, like the P51, when the engine is started.

Please could you provide engine piston beat for the Spitfire the same as the P51, so that the engine can be felt turning over when the throttle is set to idle.

Thank you for your kind consideration.

Happy landings,

56RAF_Talisman

P.S. I had decided not to purchase the up coming DCS Mosquito when released because the Spitfire Merlin engine piston beat was not working, but now you have improved the engine piston beat I might well purchase the Mosquito when it is released because your SSA will bring it alive :)

• Like 1

Bell_UH-1 side.png

Just a quick reply that I was able to get the sounds to load up by turning "RansomWare" off Than on again in Avast, however I am unable to get any of the custom aircraft to appear in the dropdown menu of Simshakers Aviator (as pictured in last screenshot)

Hello all.

I may be in the wrong place but I am sad to say that Simshaker (and all programs involved with Buttkicking) have completely stopped working for me! I tried email Andre but he has referred me here so I have remailed him and am posting my hell here. Lol (Sorry DCS, Vaicom, and my computer in general are putting me in an early grave).

I have not changed anything on my end, of course there is always Windows changes I guess. My "Onedrive" is set to read only but all this had worked until 3 or 4 days ago...Months and months of stable service.

Also, I only have Generic Heli, Plane, as seen in the dropdown window of the last picture (178 )

Please have a look and see if it makes sense.

[ATTACH]239471[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]239470[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]239469[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]239468[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]239467[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]239474[/ATTACH]

Overwhelmed,

Fang

Looks like Simshaker and the SoundModule can not create the log, settings files properly. Looks like the application does not have the correct access rights to your OneDrive folder. Once SSA adds new features, modules etc. it recreates the settings database which is stored in that folder. And here it crashes...

I guess it's the same for Andre's SoundModule.

Great! Thank you very much for the piston beat airborne. Loving your good works :)

I have tested the P51 and the Spitfire with the following feedback for the engine piston beat for you:

1. P51 Very good and all that I hoped for, especially with the engine piston beat on the ground too, even when the throttle is set to idle; 10 out of 10! :)

2. Spitfire, good but one problem. When the P51 starts up on the ground, the engine piston beat works great and even when the throttle is set to idle, the engine beat can be felt and the aircraft is alive! However, when I start the Spitfire engine and the throttle is at idle, there is no engine beat at all and it is as if the engine is not working; nothing is felt (dead). :(

If I move the throttle forward to taxi the Spitfire then the engine beat can be felt and that is great. But the Spitfire does not come alive, like the P51, when the engine is started.

Please could you provide engine piston beat for the Spitfire the same as the P51, so that the engine can be felt turning over when the throttle is set to idle.

Thank you for your kind consideration.

Happy landings,

56RAF_Talisman

P.S. I had decided not to purchase the up coming DCS Mosquito when released because the Spitfire Merlin engine piston beat was not working, but now you have improved the engine piston beat I might well purchase the Mosquito when it is released because your SSA will bring it alive :)

Sorry to say but there is nothing I can do about this. DCS does not export the RPM values. What SSA does, it reads the needles in the gauges. The gauge in the Spitfire only shows something if you increase the RPM above idle. There is currently no better solution for that until the developers provide better export capabilities...

Just a quick reply that I was able to get the sounds to load up by turning "RansomWare" off Than on again in Avast, however I am unable to get any of the custom aircraft to appear in the dropdown menu of Simshakers Aviator (as pictured in last screenshot)

Could you please share your export.lua...

Last two updates have killed the engine vibrations in the Mig-21 in my Jetseat. Has the export changed for this aircraft? Other aircraft are not affected and all other vibrations work in my Mig-21 profile.

I'm using simshaker with sound module and my Mig21 also lost engine rumble. Afterburner effect is working although with low volume. Already crank it up to 100% and its still to low.

G Feeling effect also has a problem. Its to intrusive. It kickes even on level flight with zero Gs. This effect should apear only above high where airframes start to shake.

Windows 7 Professional x64, EVGA GTX 1060 6GB,

Intel Xeon W5650(i7) @ 4.1ghz, Asus P6TWS motherboard, 24gb DDR3, 500GB SSD.

Hybrid joystick(Base: Saitek X55 - Grip:CH Fighterstick), Saitek X55 throttle, Saitek ruder pedals.

is there a beta simshaker?

Download available here: http://dsteam.azurewebsites.net/SSA/beta/publish.htm

Smoke me a kipper I'll be back for breakfast! (Ken Gatward before his solo Beaufighter mission 1943)See vid here

HW: i7-12700K, 32 GB RAM, MB PRO Z690-A DDR4 , GTX 3080, LCD UltraWQHD (3440x1440) G-SYNC 120Hz,Tobii Eye Tracker 5, VKB Gunfighter III (KG12 WWII), MFG Crosswind, AuthentiKit Throttle & Trims, Windows 11 64-bit

Saved Games/DCS/Scripts?

Here you go

[ATTACH]239489[/ATTACH]

Looks ok, are you still getting the exceptions? what does the log say?

Last two updates have killed the engine vibrations in the Mig-21 in my Jetseat. Has the export changed for this aircraft? Other aircraft are not affected and all other vibrations work in my Mig-21 profile.

Fixed :-) Thanks for the hint...

I tried to refresh the Simshaker Aviators with the P47D.. but it will not show up on the drop down list.

It worked with the spitFire..

It's currently in beta but I'll release it today to as stable...

It's a beta, so there might be issues... So, a good advice, make a backup of your settings!

"Sorry to say but there is nothing I can do about this. DCS does not export the RPM values. What SSA does, it reads the needles in the gauges. The gauge in the Spitfire only shows something if you increase the RPM above idle. There is currently no better solution for that until the developers provide better export capabilities...

That is sad f4I0, but thank you very much for explaining the issue. I very much appreciated your reply.

Good luck and happy landings,

56RAF_Talisman

Edited by 56RAF_Talisman

Bell_UH-1 side.png

So, I have just brought a buttkicker.....can you tell me what software version etc I need and what it adds to my DCS experience please?

System specs: PC1 :Scan 3XS Ryzen 5900X, 64GB Corsair veng DDR4 3600, EVGA GTX 3090 Win 10, Quest Pro, Samsung Odyssey G9 Neo monitor. Tir5. PC2 ( Helo) Scan 3XS Intel 9900 K, 32 GB Ram, 2080Ti, 50 inch Phillips monitor

F/A-18C: Rhino FFB base TianHang F16 grip, Winwing MP 1, F-18 throttle, TO & Combat panels, MFG crosswind & DFB Aces  seat :cool:                       

Viper: WinWing MFSSB base with F-16 grip, Winwing F-16 throttle, plus Vipergear ICP. MFG crosswind rudders. 

Helo ( Apache) set up: Virpil collective with AH64D grip, Cyclic : Virpil CM3 base & TM F18 grip, MFG crosswind rudders, Total controls AH64 MFD's,  TEDAC Unit. 

I have SimShaker for Aviators v1.3.11.0 installed.

I got a pop-up today asking if I wanted to update. I said 'Skip,' but now can't find an update button, nor a place to check/download any new version.

Current version and download link, please?

You could try to use the installer:

http://dsteam.azurewebsites.net/SSA/release/publish.htm

Hi, have downloaded, but dont use a jetseat.....on service page, USB jetseat option is enabled, but I am unable to sound(buttkicker & similar) option......

Why is this? Do I need a sound module ?

thanks

System specs: PC1 :Scan 3XS Ryzen 5900X, 64GB Corsair veng DDR4 3600, EVGA GTX 3090 Win 10, Quest Pro, Samsung Odyssey G9 Neo monitor. Tir5. PC2 ( Helo) Scan 3XS Intel 9900 K, 32 GB Ram, 2080Ti, 50 inch Phillips monitor

F/A-18C: Rhino FFB base TianHang F16 grip, Winwing MP 1, F-18 throttle, TO & Combat panels, MFG crosswind & DFB Aces  seat :cool:                       

Viper: WinWing MFSSB base with F-16 grip, Winwing F-16 throttle, plus Vipergear ICP. MFG crosswind rudders. 

Helo ( Apache) set up: Virpil collective with AH64D grip, Cyclic : Virpil CM3 base & TM F18 grip, MFG crosswind rudders, Total controls AH64 MFD's,  TEDAC Unit. 

Hi, have downloaded, but dont use a jetseat.....on service page, USB jetseat option is enabled, but I am unable to sound(buttkicker & similar) option......

thanks

yes I believe so, the option will then be enabled.

AMD 5800X3D · MSI 4080 · Asus ROG Strix B550 Gaming  · HP Reverb Pro · 1Tb M.2 NVMe, 32Gb Corsair Vengence 3600MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · VIRPIL T-50CM3 Base, Alpha Prime R. VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Base. JetSeat

thanks

Yes, you need to get the SimShaker SoundModule from Andre (not me ;) )

Yes, you need to get the SimShaker SoundModule from Andre (not me ;) )

Sorry...stilll nor clear.......Do I need the wings software or the paid add on for bass shakers....or both?

If both, what is your software for then?

Sorry...stilll nor clear.......Do I need the wings software or the paid add on for bass shakers....or both?

If both, what is your software for then?

My understanding is that SSA works with the jet seat and if you want to use bass shakers you also need the sound module add on for SSA from Andre’s store. Simshaker Wings is for other products than DCS.

AMD 5800X3D · MSI 4080 · Asus ROG Strix B550 Gaming  · HP Reverb Pro · 1Tb M.2 NVMe, 32Gb Corsair Vengence 3600MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · VIRPIL T-50CM3 Base, Alpha Prime R. VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Base. JetSeat