[Official] SimShaker for Aviators

It looks like I might have turned on developer's option without downloading the SDK. Is there a way to download the SDK separately?

PC: 5800X3D/4090, 11700K/3090, 9900K/2080Ti.

Joystick bases: TMW, VPC WarBRD, MT50CM2, VKB GFII, FSSB R3L

Joystick grips: TM (Warthog, F/A-18C), Realsimulator (F-16SGRH, F-18CGRH), VKB (Kosmosima LH, MCG, MCG Pro), VPC MongoosT50-CM2

Throttles: TMW, Winwing Super Taurus, Logitech Throttle Quadrant, Realsimulator Throttle (soon)

VR: HTC Vive/Pro, Oculus Rift/Quest 2, Valve Index, Varjo Aero, https://forum.dcs.world/topic/300065-varjo-aero-general-guide-for-new-owners/

It looks like I might have turned on developer's option without downloading the SDK. Is there a way to download the SDK separately?
Once developer mode is on you will get a text menu at the top of the screen. Then you can download the SDK under the Help option of that menu.

AMD 5800X3D · MSI 4080 · Asus ROG Strix B550 Gaming  · HP Reverb Pro · 1Tb M.2 NVMe, 32Gb Corsair Vengence 3600MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · VIRPIL T-50CM3 Base, Alpha Prime R. VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Base. JetSeat

Once developer mode is on you will get a text menu at the top of the screen. Then you can download the SDK under the Help option of that menu.

Thanks, my problem was that I kept thinking it was the developer mode for SSA rather than the MSFS itself.

There is currently a problem with simconnect tanking the framerate in MSFS though. Between that and exporting the VFR map to the 2nd LCD, my framerate is not every good. Disable SSA, and framerate goes up right away.

Edited by Supmua

PC: 5800X3D/4090, 11700K/3090, 9900K/2080Ti.

Joystick bases: TMW, VPC WarBRD, MT50CM2, VKB GFII, FSSB R3L

Joystick grips: TM (Warthog, F/A-18C), Realsimulator (F-16SGRH, F-18CGRH), VKB (Kosmosima LH, MCG, MCG Pro), VPC MongoosT50-CM2

Throttles: TMW, Winwing Super Taurus, Logitech Throttle Quadrant, Realsimulator Throttle (soon)

VR: HTC Vive/Pro, Oculus Rift/Quest 2, Valve Index, Varjo Aero, https://forum.dcs.world/topic/300065-varjo-aero-general-guide-for-new-owners/

Hey Folks, I've asked this before but still looking for a reply :

Does anyone know if there are specific soundfiles in SimShaker for catapult launch and carrier wire trap ?

You can set volume for these events in simshaker for aviators but i cannot find info about any linked soundfile in the simshaker software itself.

Thanks for Info !:thumbup:

Edited by Spearzone

Hey Folks, I've asked this before but still looking for a reply :

Does anyone know if there arespecific soundfiles in SimShaker for catapult launch and carriere wire trap ?

You can set volume for these events in simshaker for aviators but i cannot find info about any linked soundfile in the simshaker software itself.

Thanks for Info !:thumbup:

For the sound files in Sound Module, technically the thread for it is this:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=144060 But they are basically .wav files that you would edit with Audacity or similar editor. I don't know if the stock files exist yet since I don't if Andre has put out a new version since f4l0 has added them in a more recent release than the latest Sound Module.

For editing the JetSeat files it is the UWV editor included in SSA.

I7-9700KF@5ghz, 32GB DDR4 3200, RTX 3090, Pimax 5k+, Virpil T-50CM2 base with Warthog, F/A-18, T-50cm, and VFX grips, Saitek X65F, Saitek Switch Panel, TM Cougar MFDs, TM TPR pedals, JetSeat and bass pucks, H640P for VRK, PointCtrl

3rd Space Vest project for basic G Seat/G Suit simulation

Decided to try the Simshaker Sound Module with SSA to operate my Aurasound bass shakers.

So first, I downloaded the SSA zip file and when I try to install the SSA software, I get the attached Error message. I have no idea how to get around this Error, so any suggestions would be appreciated. Using Windows 10 Home and Norton AntiVirus.

490332437_SSAErrorMessageonInstallAttempt.thumb.jpg.7e027a3044be4a2d774408437b6c2da2.jpg

Decided to try the Simshaker Sound Module with SSA to operate my Aurasound bass shakers.

So first, I downloaded the SSA zip file and when I try to install the SSA software, I get the attached Error message. I have no idea how to get around this Error, so any suggestions would be appreciated. Using Windows 10 Home and Norton AntiVirus.

Maybe you can have a look at this solution: https://superuser.com/questions/1252575/unable-to-install-clickonce-application-due-to-security-settings-windows-10

Thanks for the link. However, playing around in the Registry is way above my “pay-grade”, i.e., I would have no idea what I am doing.

Anyone else encountered this issue and found an easy way to get around it?

Disable your antivirus long enough to install the app.

Well, I took a chance and dove into the WIN10 Registry and followed the instructions from the above link. This fixed the problem, I was then able to unzip and install SSA. Thanks again for the link f410.

Thanks, my problem was that I kept thinking it was the developer mode for SSA rather than the MSFS itself.

There is currently a problem with simconnect tanking the framerate in MSFS though. Between that and exporting the VFR map to the 2nd LCD, my framerate is not every good. Disable SSA, and framerate goes up right away.

I have same issue always when running SSA and when i turn it off, everything's smooth:cry:

I have same issue always when running SSA and when i turn it off, everything's smooth:cry:

Please keep in mind this is DCS forum, discussion over other simulations is complicated...

It's a known issue to MS that SimConnect causes stutters: https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/known-issues-last-modified-8-26-2020/128064 nothing what the 3rd-party devs can do in the moment...

Please keep in mind this is DCS forum, discussion over other simulations is complicated...

Is there a SimShaker thread on any MSFS forums?

EDIT:

I know SimConnect has FPS Issues, but I just want to get it connected for later.

I turned on Dev Options in MSFS and downloaded the SDK. I didn't select any other features, I just ran the SDK and clicked Install. Started up MSFS and SimShaker loaded up automatically. But SimShaker still says SimConnect Status: X. What else do I do? Does SimShaker/SimConnect rely on any paths to the game? I installed on my D: drive for both MSFS and the Steam Install.

Edited by Snacko

Intel I9-10850K (OC @ 5.0ghz) │ Asus Maximus XII Hero │ G.Skill Ripjaws 64GB (4x16GB) DDR4 3200 │ Thermaltake Water 360mm
Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24gb │ 2TB M.2 EVO Pro; 1T M.2 EVO; Sandisk SSD Drives │ 49" Samsung Curved Widescreen │ 28" Touchscreen

- ҉ - Blackshark Cockpit Trainer - ҉ -    Thread   | Download

Is there a SimShaker thread on any MSFS forums?

EDIT:

I know SimConnect has FPS Issues, but I just want to get it connected for later.

I turned on Dev Options in MSFS and downloaded the SDK. I didn't select any other features, I just ran the SDK and clicked Install. Started up MSFS and SimShaker loaded up automatically. But SimShaker still says SimConnect Status: X. What else do I do? Does SimShaker/SimConnect rely on any paths to the game? I installed on my D: drive for both MSFS and the Steam Install.

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/official-simshaker-for-aviators/230315

I’m working on an installer version of SSA. I’m looking for feedback regarding the new v2 beta: https://1drv.ms/f/s!AldPAmClTeGqcB3fFPneMUkxlDc

(Please keep in mind, it's a beta)

Edited by f4l0

I’m working on an installer version of SSA. I’m looking for feedback regarding the new v2 beta: https://onedrive.live.com/?id=AAE14DA560024F57!112&cid=AAE14DA560024F57

(Please keep in mind, it's a beta)

Link does not work? When I click on it I get a onedrive error saying it can't find the file. I would be happy to test it.

Oh and btw should I use the generic helicopter setting for all helicopters? Or are there profiles somewhere for some helicopters in DCS?

Favorite modules : Huey, F-86F, F14 and P-51D

Quest 2, RTX 3080, i7 10700K, 16 Gb of RAM, Pro Flight Trainer PUMA helicopter setup, Warthog HOTAS with two force sensitive stick, custom cockpit and a GS-Cobra dynamic seat.

Link does not work? When I click on it I get a onedrive error saying it can't find the file. I would be happy to test it.

Oh and btw should I use the generic helicopter setting for all helicopters? Or are there profiles somewhere for some helicopters in DCS?

Try this one please: https://1drv.ms/f/s!AldPAmClTeGqcB3fFPneMUkxlDc

So installer was downloaded and installed without any issue. Just a windows security warning but hey I can trust you isn't it? :)

Massage and motor testing of my forcefeel from inside the app works fine. Now I'll have to try in DCS. Will give you feedback.

Quest 2, RTX 3080, i7 10700K, 16 Gb of RAM, Pro Flight Trainer PUMA helicopter setup, Warthog HOTAS with two force sensitive stick, custom cockpit and a GS-Cobra dynamic seat.

So, my first bug.

For whatever reason, I cannot check the "start with windows" checkbox.

Also a feedback, that would be great if checking the close (X) button top right will send the app to the traybar instead of closing it.

Thanks

So, my first bug.

For whatever reason, I cannot check the "start with windows" checkbox.

Also a feedback, that would be great if checking the close (X) button top right will send the app to the traybar instead of closing it.

Thanks

I've had the same start with windows not being able to checked with the 2.0 Beta and a few versions back. Otherwise, 2.0 seems good!

Not sure what I did to fix that checkbox before or just it was just one of the reinstalls of another version made it work again. Right now I manually have it added to my start programs since my batch file for DCS doesn't like the .exe's spaces in the file name. It probably time to move to Powershell eventually anyway...

I thought there was an option with the third checkbox to have it go to tray, but both that third box (can't remember for sure what it is now away from the computer) and the second one of showing messages works still.

I7-9700KF@5ghz, 32GB DDR4 3200, RTX 3090, Pimax 5k+, Virpil T-50CM2 base with Warthog, F/A-18, T-50cm, and VFX grips, Saitek X65F, Saitek Switch Panel, TM Cougar MFDs, TM TPR pedals, JetSeat and bass pucks, H640P for VRK, PointCtrl

3rd Space Vest project for basic G Seat/G Suit simulation