[Official] SimShaker for Aviators

Hi,

I have gametrix from Andre and Simshaker for aviators since long time ago, and I am very happy with it. But recently I try to run Simshaker for aviators, and appear in the task bar, but dissapear as soon as I try to open it. My gametrix is ok, because works with Jetseat control panel. So the problem is with Simshaker for aviators

I was thinking to reinstall it, but I don´t know how to uninstall it, any idea? Thank you

Hi,

I have gametrix from Andre and Simshaker for aviators since long time ago, and I am very happy with it. But recently I try to run Simshaker for aviators, and appear in the task bar, but dissapear as soon as I try to open it. My gametrix is ok, because works with Jetseat control panel. So the problem is with Simshaker for aviators

I was thinking to reinstall it, but I don´t know how to uninstall it, any idea? Thank you

I think it is just minimising to the system tray (bottom right of windows task bar). You can start it from there or alternatively:

Left click on the little up arrow bottom right of your task bar to see hidden icons. Right click on the Simshaker for Aviators icon and click on settings. Tick the box Start Hello Button at Startup. Untick Start Minimized in System Tray.

Now you can Start Simshaker from this window after you click on the Simshaker for Aviators icon on your desktop. I find this a bit easier than starting it from the System Tray

AMD 5800X3D · MSI 4080 · Asus ROG Strix B550 Gaming  · HP Reverb Pro · 1Tb M.2 NVMe, 32Gb Corsair Vengence 3600MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · VIRPIL T-50CM3 Base, Alpha Prime R. VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Base. JetSeat

Thank you Baldrick33, but I had explain it badly: I really wanted to say that, when I click in my simshaker for aviators shortcut, then the program appears in the System Tray (sorry, I named it "task bar"). But, the jeatseat is not working, so, when I want to open the program in the System Tray, the icon dissapear...it closes by itself whean I try to reach it with the mouse.

Thank you Baldrick33, but I had explain it badly: I really wanted to say that, when I click in my simshaker for aviators shortcut, then the program appears in the System Tray (sorry, I named it "task bar"). But, the jeatseat is not working, so, when I want to open the program in the System Tray, the icon dissapear...it closes by itself whean I try to reach it with the mouse.

I would check if Windows Event Log contents any error messages related to SSA, in such a case.

Gametrix JetSeats thread (in English) ,

SimShaker addon for bass-shakers thread (in English),

Andre's blog, downloads, manuals (in English).

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi All,

I'm getting an unhandled exception when starting the app. Please see details from the dialog in spoiler below. I've never had issue before and It just started happening. I've tried running it as admin and reinstalling but to no avail. Some other log is attached as well. Can someone please help?

Thank in advance!!!

An attempt was made to access a socket in a way forbidden by its access permissions - this message looks strange. Have you tried to reboot your PC?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

An attempt was made to access a socket in a way forbidden by its access permissions - this message looks strange. Have you tried to reboot your PC?

Yes, I've tried a lot of steps as mentioned in my other posts. Also, when I try to run the shortcut on my desktop, I get the dialog in the attached screenshot. The details is attached in the log file. Is there a specific port SSA uses? I can check to see if something else on my system is using it.

Capture.JPG.db64cb46a2a8ad62f6d72b19c07d2199.JPG

PM5X0H0G.log

i9 9900k @5.1GHz NZXT Kraken |Asus ROG Strix Z390 E-Gaming | Samsung NVMe m.2 970 Evo 1TB | LPX 64GB DDR4 3200MHz

EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra | Reverb G1  | HOTAS Warthog | Saitek Flight Pedals

SSA uses a few ports, but it doesn't look like a busy port. I think that rather looks like some exactly "access permissions" issue. Deployment log error message also is about access rights management. Maybe AV software blocks?

Edited by =Andre=

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

SSA searches for running processes. Since the crash occurs ion the XP11 (X-Plane) connection handler, it seems to me that you use XP11?

The new beta uses a different installer which should be more stable regarding AV issues: https://1drv.ms/f/s!AldPAmClTeGqcB3fFPneMUkxlDc (sill open for feedback)

I am having the same issue as malusku. All of a sudden. Only thing i did was move my computer. Running SSA with sound module on buttkickers through a 7.1 usb sound device. Used to start up no problem. Sound module will still start, but simshaker opens quick and disappears. And no rumble in DCS. I'm trying to think of what is different... Would MSFS 2020 interfere sonehow?

SSA uses a few ports, but it doesn't look like a busy port. I think that rather looks like some exactly "access permissions" issue. Deployment log error message also is about access rights management. Maybe AV software blocks?

SSA searches for running processes. Since the crash occurs ion the XP11 (X-Plane) connection handler, it seems to me that you use XP11?

The new beta uses a different installer which should be more stable regarding AV issues: https://1drv.ms/f/s!AldPAmClTeGqcB3fFPneMUkxlDc (sill open for feedback)

I don't have XP11 installed nor any AV software besides Malewarebytes. I've uninstalled SSA and installed the beta version in the link provided. I'm still getting the same Unhandled Exception.

i9 9900k @5.1GHz NZXT Kraken |Asus ROG Strix Z390 E-Gaming | Samsung NVMe m.2 970 Evo 1TB | LPX 64GB DDR4 3200MHz

I don't have XP11 installed nor any AV software besides Malewarebytes.

Well, maybe Malewarebytes blocks? Or "Caesar's wife" is above suspicion?

I've uninstalled SSA and installed the beta version in the link provided. I'm still getting the same Unhandled Exception.

The main problem seems to be not inside the SSA.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Well, maybe Malewarebytes blocks? Or "Caesar's wife" is above suspicion?

The main problem seems to be not inside the SSA.

Did you try the beta with the new installer?

I turned off Malewarebytes to install SSA beta with the new installer and when attempting to run it, but I still got the unhandled exception.

I turned off Malewarebytes to install SSA beta with the new installer and when attempting to run it, but I still got the unhandled exception.

Which unhandled exception? Could you please give me some details...

I believe it is in post #2957 https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=4487192&postcount=2957

AMD 5800X3D · MSI 4080 · Asus ROG Strix B550 Gaming  · HP Reverb Pro · 1Tb M.2 NVMe, 32Gb Corsair Vengence 3600MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · VIRPIL T-50CM3 Base, Alpha Prime R. VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Base. JetSeat

Also my original post: https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=4484539&postcount=2942

So I decided to use a restore point that was automatically created a couple of weeks ago. The only apps to be effected was the SSA beta I installed last week and a Chrome update. After the restore point was successful, I installed the beta and now everything is working again. I still don't have a clue as to what caused the app to stop working. I'll keep an eye out on it and keep you posted.

So I decided to use a restore point that was automatically created a couple of weeks ago. The only apps to be effected was the SSA beta I installed last week and a Chrome update. After the restore point was successful, I installed the beta and now everything is working again. I still don't have a clue as to what caused the app to stop working. I'll keep an eye out on it and keep you posted.
Good to hear you got it working. Sounds like one of those tricky Windows things that you may never get to the bottom of. I spent days trying to get a Valve Index to work on my games PC. It worked fine on my other lesser PC. Eventually I bit the bullet and reinstalled Windows and it worked fine. I took less time reinstalling everything than I had spent trying to avoid doing just that. Never did know why!

Welcome to Microsoft Windows world.

Hello Andre,

I am having an issue where Simshaker Sound Module is no longer sending signals to Voicemeter. I had this problem once before and I reinstalled and all worked correctly. It was working yesterday than I restarted comp and it stopped sending signals. I tried reinstall but it did not work this time! I literally press test in sound module, it shows that sound is playing but I go in Voicemeter and it is not receiving any signal. Again this happened once before and I fixed it by reinstalling, now it won't work and I am worried.

Fang

Sorry, I know this doesn't belong here, but I'm kinda hoping someone here could point me in the right direction.

Is there a place where I can ask questions about SimShaker Wheels?

A discord channel maybe? Or some forum?

I'll hide my question below, in an attempt to prevent cluttering of this thread and breaking forum rules. If someone knows the answer, a PM would be appreciated:

I'm very new to SimShaker Wings and Wheels. But I did get both working with il-2 and Project Cars 2.

What I was wondering. While downloading todays DCS update, I spend some time trying out few of the demo trials of SimShaker Wheels (I think I have 3 more left). While testing in Project Cars 2, I noticed that there's no feedback/vibration when I drive over curbstones or when other cars hit me. I kinda expected to feel these things. Instead I pretty much only feel the Jetpad buzzing while I move and feel some minor vibration changes when drifting.

Though I don't mind spending some bucks on SimShaker Wheels, I am curious though, should I be able to feel the curbs in Project Cars 2? Or won't this be simulated, no matter what I change in the settings?

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

There is a thread for SimShaker Wheels over at Race Department, you may be able to get some help there (or it maybe already answered in the 69 pages the thread runs to!) https://www.racedepartment.com/threads/simshaker-wheels-support-thread.133102/