[Official] SimShaker for Aviators

There is a thread for SimShaker Wheels over at Race Department, you may be able to get some help there (or it maybe already answered in the 69 pages the thread runs to!) https://www.racedepartment.com/threads/simshaker-wheels-support-thread.133102/

Thanks, I'll check it out :thumbup:

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

Is there a list of which sound files go with which Effects?

I'm trying to setup the FA-18 and it has a few Effects (Catapult Shoot, Wire Trap, etc..) that are not listed in the SimShaker Sound Module Test page. I can test the volume for most of the effects, but not all of them..

I assume some of these Effects use the same sound file as others, but have different lengths they are used and a different volume?

Intel I9-10850K (OC @ 5.0ghz) │ Asus Maximus XII Hero │ G.Skill Ripjaws 64GB (4x16GB) DDR4 3200 │ Thermaltake Water 360mm
Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24gb │ 2TB M.2 EVO Pro; 1T M.2 EVO; Sandisk SSD Drives │ 49" Samsung Curved Widescreen │ 28" Touchscreen

- ҉ - Blackshark Cockpit Trainer - ҉ -    Thread   | Download

Is there a list of which sound files go with which Effects?

I'm trying to setup the FA-18 and it has a few Effects (Catapult Shoot, Wire Trap, etc..) that are not listed in the SimShaker Sound Module Test page. I can test the volume for most of the effects, but not all of them..

I assume some of these Effects use the same sound file as others, but have different lengths they are used and a different volume?

I think that some of the newer effects (trap, launch etc.) don't exist yet in Sound Module. Maybe Andre can give us is clear answer on that. I asked about this before but looks like my question got lost in all the posts....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

overalien

Hog Driver starting to really like the Tomcat

System specs:

Intel i7-8700k - OC to 5.0 GHz

| 32 GB RAM 3600 MHz | Nvidia 1080ti SLi | Mixed Storage - Win 10 and DCS on Samsung SSD 970 Pro

Flightgear:

7 Displays (3 x 1440p, 1 X 1080p, 3 X Lilliput Touch) | 3 x Cougar MFDs

| Warthog HOTAS | Thrustmaster TPR Pedals | iBEAM Shaker + Simshaker for Aviators w. Sound Module | Helios | VAICOM Pro + AIRIO | TrackIR 5

I think that some of the newer effects (trap, launch etc.) don't exist yet in Sound Module. Maybe Andre can give us is clear answer on that. I asked about this before but looks like my question got lost in all the posts....

I usually add new samples on f4l0's request. IIRC there were no requests for the trap, launch etc. So, I assume those effects are based on some already existing samples. What samples are called you can clearly see in SimShaker for Aviators or SimShaker Sound Module log textboxes.

Gametrix JetSeats thread (in English) ,

SimShaker addon for bass-shakers thread (in English),

Andre's blog, downloads, manuals (in English).

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Ok, thanks. So I'll have to pause DCS immediately after cat shoot and trap to see the filename. Then find an existing effect that also uses the file? Then I can test the volume and adjust it for the other effect?

Sent from my Moto Z Play using Tapatalk

Intel I9-10850K (OC @ 5.0ghz) │ Asus Maximus XII Hero │ G.Skill Ripjaws 64GB (4x16GB) DDR4 3200 │ Thermaltake Water 360mm
Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24gb │ 2TB M.2 EVO Pro; 1T M.2 EVO; Sandisk SSD Drives │ 49" Samsung Curved Widescreen │ 28" Touchscreen

- ҉ - Blackshark Cockpit Trainer - ҉ -    Thread   | Download

Ok, thanks. So I'll have to pause DCS immediately after cat shoot and trap to see the filename. Then find an existing effect that also uses the file? Then I can test the volume and adjust it for the other effect?

Sent from my Moto Z Play using Tapatalk

I tried that and gave up. Too many effects going at the same time. Did not try disabling all but cat shoot though... Lazy me.... that could be a way to find out quickly though.

overalien

Hog Driver starting to really like the Tomcat

System specs:

Intel i7-8700k - OC to 5.0 GHz

| 32 GB RAM 3600 MHz | Nvidia 1080ti SLi | Mixed Storage - Win 10 and DCS on Samsung SSD 970 Pro

Flightgear:

7 Displays (3 x 1440p, 1 X 1080p, 3 X Lilliput Touch) | 3 x Cougar MFDs

| Warthog HOTAS | Thrustmaster TPR Pedals | iBEAM Shaker + Simshaker for Aviators w. Sound Module | Helios | VAICOM Pro + AIRIO | TrackIR 5

On my opinion, when you are adjusting the effect you'd better keep all the other concurrent effects off. Hence you will get only relevant information in the log textbox as well as focused feeling of the effect you are trying to change.

Gametrix JetSeats thread (in English) ,

SimShaker addon for bass-shakers thread (in English),

Andre's blog, downloads, manuals (in English).

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi guys, hoping you can help.

I am running into a problem I have never seen before. Usually Simshaker opens automatically when my computer starts. Now I am getting this error and it won't open. "Cannot Start Application. Application is improperly formatted. Contact the application vendor for assitance."

I attached the details log it generated.

I don't know if a windows update jammed this up or what. It was working flawlessly during my last session.

A7LBO8WJ.log

Edited by jasonstory44

Win 10 Pro, Intel i9 9900k overclocked to 5.1 (water cooled), 64 gb Corsair Dominator platinum RAM (3444 MHz)

Titan RTX overclocked and water cooled

1.1 TB SSD 2 TB M.2 SSD

TM Warthog Stick and throttle

MFG Crosswinds

Reverb VR

Buttkicker LFE, SimShaker, Jetseat.

All DCS modules

SimShaker throws an error message when using A-10C II.

SYSTEM: Mainboard MSI MEG X570 | CPU Ryzen 7 5800X @ 4.5 GHz | RAM 64 GB @ 3200 MHz | GPU GIGABYTE RTX 4090 | 1 TB SSD | Win 10 x64

DEVICES: ASUS 27" LCD | TrackIR 5 | LukeClip | Quest 3 | PointCTRL | Virpil HOTAS | MFG Crosswind | TableMount MonsterTech

MODULES: To much to list. But I stopped buying more, because of too much bugs in e.g. A-10C(II). @ED: Fix the bugs and I spend money on modules again. Promised.

PROJECTS: OpenFlightSchool: DE / EN

Again, f4l0 has to have the modules first and buy them with his own funds. Granted this one isn't the most expensive upgrade, but donations help with new modules costs.

Sent from my LM-G850 using Tapatalk

I7-9700KF@5ghz, 32GB DDR4 3200, RTX 3090, Pimax 5k+, Virpil T-50CM2 base with Warthog, F/A-18, T-50cm, and VFX grips, Saitek X65F, Saitek Switch Panel, TM Cougar MFDs, TM TPR pedals, JetSeat and bass pucks, H640P for VRK, PointCtrl

3rd Space Vest project for basic G Seat/G Suit simulation

Again, f4l0 has to have the modules first and buy them with his own funds. Granted this one isn't the most expensive upgrade, but donations help with new modules costs.

Sent from my LM-G850 using Tapatalk

:)

I'll have a look tonight if I can fix it easily without owning the module...

:)

I'll have a look tonight if I can fix it easily without owning the module...

Thanks F410. It always amazes me how lackluster a new plane feels without the simshaker plugin working. As excited as I was to fly the new A-10C2, it felt lifeless without the simshaker running. I flew it last night for like 10 mins to checkout the new HMCS and the laser weapons, and then jumped right back in the Original A-10C because I missed the effects so much. You still get the new FM in the original A-10C and simshaker was still working for me in the original module.:pilotfly:

Thanks F410. It always amazes me how lackluster a new plane feels without the simshaker plugin working. As excited as I was to fly the new A-10C2, it felt lifeless without the simshaker running. I flew it last night for like 10 mins to checkout the new HMCS and the laser weapons, and then jumped right back in the Original A-10C because I missed the effects so much. You still get the new FM in the original A-10C and simshaker was still working for me in the original module.:pilotfly:
Have to agree with this. It feels so empty.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Have to agree with this. It feels so empty.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Definitely agree. This is how I felt a couple of weeks ago when the software stopped working. Everything was lifeless. So what's the plan for the A-10C-2, f4l0? Do you need $10 to add the functionality to SSA?

i9 9900k @5.1GHz NZXT Kraken |Asus ROG Strix Z390 E-Gaming | Samsung NVMe m.2 970 Evo 1TB | LPX 64GB DDR4 3200MHz

EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra | Reverb G1  | HOTAS Warthog | Saitek Flight Pedals

Just for curiosity, is there somewhere we can donate to help with ongoing module costs? I've wondered about that before, and figured now is a good time to ask. :-)

In the application is link to my mail address...

@All

Since I don't own the module I just reused the code from the old A10C. So I'm not sure if it's working or not...

I already published a new beta v2.0.4: https://1drv.ms/f/s!AldPAmClTeGqcB3fFPneMUkxlDc

Ok, please try the new 2.0.5 beta. This time the A10C2 should work but I didnt test all effects, so please provide feedback

Tested for about an hour now. No issues yet. Everything seems to be responding great so far! :thumbup:

One small thing though (no big deal for me personally), I can't select the A-10C II in the settings menu, hence it isn't possible to configure SSA specifically for the A-10C II at the moment.

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH