[Official] SimShaker for Aviators

Fixed in the 2.0.6 beta

Downloading tomorrow, thanks for your work, once again.

i5 8400 | 32 Gb RAM | RTX 2080Ti | Virpil Mongoose T-50 base w/ Warthog & Hornet sticks | Warthog throttle | Cougar throttle USB | DIY Collective | Virpil desk mount | VKB T-Rudder Mk IV | Oculus Rift S | Buddy-Fox A-10 UFC | 3x TM MFDs | 2x bass shakers pedal plate| SIMple SIMpit chair | WinWing TakeOff panel | PointCTRL v2 | Andre JetSeat | Winwing Hornet UFC | Winwing Viper ICP

FC3 - Warthog - F-5E - Harrier - NTTR - Hornet - Tomcat - Huey - Viper - C-101 - PG - Hip - SuperCarrier - Syria - Warthog II - Hind - South Atlantic - Sinai - Strike Eagle

Yes, there was nothing to do with dashboard shake there, only canopy shake.

Are you able to add the dashboard shake option for the f14 or is that not a possibility?

Dashboard shake for the F14 is buffet. The plane rumbles a lot. I get the data directly from heatblur... If you like to add a threshold, increase the cockpit shaking filter in the special options tab... Just play around with the values...

I have a random question. For the flap movement option, is there a way for it to ONLY work with just the flaps. When you have this option enabled, it vibrates whenever you move the stick and the ailerons/elevators move, and when the flaps go up and down. Is it possible to edit this to make it where it only vibrates with the flaps and not with ailerons/elevator movement? I love the feel when the flaps go up/down, but for me it's too much that it does the same when other control surfaces move.

I bet it's a fly by wire plane and the flaps/slats move to, thus SSA plays the effect. In the special options tab you can increase the filter value so that small movements to not trigger the effect.

I bet it's a fly by wire plane and the flaps/slats move to, thus SSA plays the effect. In the special options tab you can increase the filter value so that small movements to not trigger the effect.

Tis true, F-18! Didn't even think about that. Thank you for the suggestion, I freaking love simshaker!

Which option is that filter?

You need to upgrade SSA for 2.05 version at least, sir.

i5 8400 | 32 Gb RAM | RTX 2080Ti | Virpil Mongoose T-50 base w/ Warthog & Hornet sticks | Warthog throttle | Cougar throttle USB | DIY Collective | Virpil desk mount | VKB T-Rudder Mk IV | Oculus Rift S | Buddy-Fox A-10 UFC | 3x TM MFDs | 2x bass shakers pedal plate| SIMple SIMpit chair | WinWing TakeOff panel | PointCTRL v2 | Andre JetSeat | Winwing Hornet UFC | Winwing Viper ICP

FC3 - Warthog - F-5E - Harrier - NTTR - Hornet - Tomcat - Huey - Viper - C-101 - PG - Hip - SuperCarrier - Syria - Warthog II - Hind - South Atlantic - Sinai - Strike Eagle

For the F-14 Tomcat, the effect when you are flying and the wing sweeps, is called "Wings Fold/Unfold", is that right?

I can't find a newer version than 1.3.13.0 anywhere. I tried the force update and it reinstalled the same one.
It is a different link due to it being a different installer, it's been in the thread a court times but not the main post because of Beta status:

https://onedrive.live.com/?aut...F57%21112&cid=AAE14DA560024F57

Sent from my LM-G850 using Tapatalk

I7-9700KF@5ghz, 32GB DDR4 3200, RTX 3090, Pimax 5k+, Virpil T-50CM2 base with Warthog, F/A-18, T-50cm, and VFX grips, Saitek X65F, Saitek Switch Panel, TM Cougar MFDs, TM TPR pedals, JetSeat and bass pucks, H640P for VRK, PointCtrl

3rd Space Vest project for basic G Seat/G Suit simulation

Dashboard shake for the F14 is buffet. The plane rumbles a lot. I get the data directly from heatblur... If you like to add a threshold, increase the cockpit shaking filter in the special options tab... Just play around with the values...

Awesome, thank you for that, between the canopy shake filter in special options and buffet and g effect I was able to get it working just about spot on, turned all off then worked through each one on its own.

Turns out g effect is almost allways going to some extent just like the buffet.

Stoked to have a good setup now, now just to refine it!

Tomcat, Tomcat über allen

Awesome, thank you for that, between the canopy shake filter in special options and buffet and g effect I was able to get it working just about spot on, turned all off then worked through each one on its own.

Turns out g effect is almost allways going to some extent just like the buffet.

Stoked to have a good setup now, now just to refine it!

Glad it works...

A tip from my side: write your beloved settings down in case something corrupts your config ;)

Hi.

I seem to have a problem with the Beta 2.06 release.

My previous version didn't work with the new A10C II and my Jetseat. So I removed the old installation of Simshaker for Aviators and installed 2.06.

Now I'm getting a Microsoft.NET Framework "Unhandled exception...Access to path is denied" error message.

If I click 'Continue' I can open the GUI but it looks like it's not connected to DCS.

If I click 'Quit' I get a new error message:

Could not save settings to C:\Users\<my user name>\Documents\SimShaker for Aviators\SettingsDatabase_beta.bin Exception: System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path is denied.

at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)

at System.IO.Filestream.WriteCore(Byte[ buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 count)

at System.IO.Filestream.FlushWrite(Boolean calledFromFinalizer)

at System.IO.Filestream.Dispose(Boolean disposing)

at System.IO.Filestream.Close()

at System.IO.Filestream.Dispose()

at SimShaker.Core.MasterManager.store SettingsDatabaseToFile(Stringfile)

Can you please help me?

Thanks!

Hi.

I seem to have a problem with the Beta 2.06 release.

My previous version didn't work with the new A10C II and my Jetseat. So I removed the old installation of Simshaker for Aviators and installed 2.06.

Now I'm getting a Microsoft.NET Framework "Unhandled exception...Access to path is denied" error message.

If I click 'Continue' I can open the GUI but it looks like it's not connected to DCS.

If I click 'Quit' I get a new error message:

Could not save settings to C:\Users\<my user name>\Documents\SimShaker for Aviators\SettingsDatabase_beta.bin Exception: System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path is denied.

at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)

at System.IO.Filestream.WriteCore(Byte[ buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 count)

at System.IO.Filestream.FlushWrite(Boolean calledFromFinalizer)

at System.IO.Filestream.Dispose(Boolean disposing)

at System.IO.Filestream.Close()

at System.IO.Filestream.Dispose()

at SimShaker.Core.MasterManager.store SettingsDatabaseToFile(Stringfile)

Can you please help me?

Thanks!

There is a permission issue.

Could you please check if the folder exists: C:\Users\<my user name>\Documents\SimShaker for Aviators\

If not, please create one and test again.

If there is one, check the permission of this folder.

Found it!...thanks guys for pointing me in the right direction.

Apparently Simshaker for Aviators.exe was being blocked by Windows Controlled folder access (in Windows Defender).

I had to exclude it to fix the issue.

thanks again!

• Like 1

Seat rumble continues after crash

Hi Guys,

Not sure if it's a bug or 'by design' but I find that if I sustain any damage i.e. after a crash, my seat rumbles as I would expect but it never stops unless I go into the software and hit the 'Restart' button on the 'Output Mode' section. I am using SimShaker for aviators V1.3.13.0.

If I don't hit the restart button then even if I respawn in a new jet then the seat is still rumbling.

Any thoughts?

Sinclair ZX81 - 1K RAM - 16K Wobbly Ram Pack - Tape Drive - Kempston Joystick :helpsmilie:

I am curious how we are supposed to get updates for the beta when they are no longer updating automatically and there are no links that we can download from. (Last update to FB page was july and the link on page 304 here is to an empty folder. Did I miss something? I did read that it was because of a new installer, but saw no links.

System Specs: System Specs: MSI Tomahawk Z590 wifi, I9 11900K Processor, 64gb Corsair Vengance 3600mhz ram, 3080 Nvidia Video Card, Windows 11 Pro, 2 Samsung NVMe SSD (2tb and 1 tb), Valve Index VR system

I am curious how we are supposed to get updates for the beta when they are no longer updating automatically and there are no links that we can download from. (Last update to FB page was july and the link on page 304 here is to an empty folder. Did I miss something? I did read that it was because of a new installer, but saw no links.
To my knowledge, the beta FB group is Andre's for SimShaker Sound Module/Wings/Wheels. The link to the new SimShaker for Aviators Beta by f4l0 is up a few times, last linked in posts 3035/3036 (threads like this are why my standard forum view is as many posts as possible). Here again for convenience: https://onedrive.live.com/?aut...F57%21112&cid=AAE14DA560024F57

I believe once there is enough feedback on it being fully release material, f4l0 will add it to the original post.

I7-9700KF@5ghz, 32GB DDR4 3200, RTX 3090, Pimax 5k+, Virpil T-50CM2 base with Warthog, F/A-18, T-50cm, and VFX grips, Saitek X65F, Saitek Switch Panel, TM Cougar MFDs, TM TPR pedals, JetSeat and bass pucks, H640P for VRK, PointCtrl

Thanks Snake. Found a link that actually had the files in it and downloaded. Appreciate the quick response. I was wondering why my SSA beta stopped getting updated files a while back.

System Specs: System Specs: MSI Tomahawk Z590 wifi, I9 11900K Processor, 64gb Corsair Vengance 3600mhz ram, 3080 Nvidia Video Card, Windows 11 Pro, 2 Samsung NVMe SSD (2tb and 1 tb), Valve Index VR system

Thanks Snake. Found a link that actually had the files in it and downloaded. Appreciate the quick response. I was wondering why my SSA beta stopped getting updated files a while back.
Glad to help. The jump to 2.0.x has a new installer and other upgrades so the 1.x branch wouldn't see those updates IIRC.