[Official] SimShaker for Aviators

I'm not seeing one, but is there a filter for G Feeling Effect like there is for flaps movement? I see deadzone for USB mode, but I am not using USB.

Also, not sure if this is an issue or not, but I turned down G Feeling down to 25, and it would vibrate up to a certain amount of G, once you cross a certain G amount it would cut off. When you got back below that certain G it would start vibrating again.

Hi, the SimShaker (for Aviators beta v2.1.2) starter/settings window does not allow "start when windows starts" to be turned on.

What's the best solution? Simply drag shortcut to Startup folder or adding registry key to ....\CurrentVersion\Run ?

Thanks. :helpsmilie:

Intel Core i7 9700K@4.6GHz|ASUS Strix Z390-H|G.Skill DDR4 32GB@3200MHz|MSI GeForce RTX 2080 Ti|2xSSD 500GB Samsung 970 EVO M.2 RAID0|SSD Samsung 850 EVO|Corsair HX 750W|Fractal Design Define R6 Blackout|UWQHD 34"|Valve Index|Logitech G9|MS Natural Ergonomic Keyboard 4000|VPC WarBRD Base+MongoosT-50CM2 Grip|VPC MongoosT-50 Throttle|VKB T-Rudder|Beyerdynamic DT770|Boom mic|Windows 10 Home

Using the A-`10C II and both SSA Beta 2.1.2.0 and Stable 2.1.0.0, neither has any gun vibe. Going from 0-100, checking and unchecking the box gives no effect. Seems as though everything else is working, just not the gun. It used to work, now doesn't in the last couple days.

BTW, the drop down only shows the A-10C, not sure if it should show the A-10C II as well.

IRL, that GAU-8 will shake your fillings loose.

Cobb

Hi, the SimShaker (for Aviators beta v2.1.2) starter/settings window does not allow "start when windows starts" to be turned on.

What's the best solution? Simply drag shortcut to Startup folder or adding registry key to ....\CurrentVersion\Run ?

Thanks. :helpsmilie:

Maybe I've some free time over the weekend to check why autostart does not work with the new version...

Using the A-`10C II and both SSA Beta 2.1.2.0 and Stable 2.1.0.0, neither has any gun vibe. Going from 0-100, checking and unchecking the box gives no effect. Seems as though everything else is working, just not the gun. It used to work, now doesn't in the last couple days.

BTW, the drop down only shows the A-10C, not sure if it should show the A-10C II as well.

IRL, that GAU-8 will shake your fillings loose.

Cobb

Do you use unlimited ammo?

Maybe I've some free time over the weekend to check why autostart does not work with the new version...

The new version beta 2.1.2 does not even have the option.

Though I was unable to have it work even for older versions. The option was there but did nothing.

Favorite modules : Huey, F-86F, F14 and P-51D

Quest 2, RTX 3080, i7 10700K, 16 Gb of RAM, Pro Flight Trainer PUMA helicopter setup, Warthog HOTAS with two force sensitive stick, custom cockpit and a GS-Cobra dynamic seat.

The new version beta 2.1.2 does not even have the option.

Though I was unable to have it work even for older versions. The option was there but did nothing.

Ok, it should be fixed in 2.1.3 :-)

Ok, it should be fixed in 2.1.3 :-)

Where is the option in 2.1.3? Can't find it.

Nevermind I found. Right clicking on the traybar icon then "open settings" Though I still have the same issue, each time I open the settings the checkbox is unchecked...

Edit: so the start at windows boot works, even if the checkbox remains unchecked. Odd :)

Thanks

Quest 2, RTX 3080, i7 10700K, 16 Gb of RAM, Pro Flight Trainer PUMA helicopter setup, Warthog HOTAS with two force sensitive stick, custom cockpit and a GS-Cobra dynamic seat.

Where is the option in 2.1.3? Can't find it.

Nevermind I found. Right clicking on the traybar icon then "open settings" Though I still have the same issue, each time I open the settings the checkbox is unchecked...

Edit: so the start at windows boot works, even if the checkbox remains unchecked. Odd :)

Thanks

Ah, thanks for the feedback. I'll have a look...

For the first time in most, if not all of the 2.0+ betas I can check the "Start when Windows Starts" box in 2.1.3.0. There were also a good number of the pre 2.0 releases that would have that issue for me as well as previously reported. It is a hard thing to track down I'm sure.

So for me the checkbox now works for me but I get the unhandled exception error when I select start SSA from the tray tool. If I quit and restart SSA manually it works.

I7-9700KF@5ghz, 32GB DDR4 3200, RTX 3090, Pimax 5k+, Virpil T-50CM2 base with Warthog, F/A-18, T-50cm, and VFX grips, Saitek X65F, Saitek Switch Panel, TM Cougar MFDs, TM TPR pedals, JetSeat and bass pucks, H640P for VRK, PointCtrl

3rd Space Vest project for basic G Seat/G Suit simulation

Hi, I encountered now 3 times (randomly) the following. It might have something to do with recent windows restart or newly started simshaker but I cant confirm that yet.

-simshaker is started automatically with windows

-DCS is started up and when main loading screen shows up, i.e., when the "simshaker starter" is supposed to launch "simshaker for aviators" (SSA), an error occurs

-SSA does not start but .NET error message is displayed

-software version 2.1.3 beta

-"simshaker starter" halts when error message is displayed and exits if I click "quit"

-latest DCS version, Windows 10 Home FP 2004

I wonder what's wrong ("cannot find the file specified").

EDIT:

The JetPad is not found by any software until USB cable is disconnected and re-connected after the error above.

After that, it seems to work normally.

Yours, RedX

Clipboard01.png.720acf75a370eb76a07966a7a85e3a03.png

The full error message is below.

See the end of this message for details on invoking

just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************

System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception (0x80004005): The system cannot find the file specified

at System.Diagnostics.Process.StartWithShellExecuteEx(ProcessStartInfo startInfo)

at System.Diagnostics.Process.Start()

at SimShaker.UI.ProcessManager.StartSeatHandler(String arguments)

at SimShaker.UI.MainForm.Form1_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnLoad(EventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnCreateControl()

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl(Boolean fIgnoreVisible)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl()

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmShowWindow(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WmShowWindow(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************

mscorlib

Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0

Win32 Version: 4.8.4250.0 built by: NET48REL1LAST_C

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll

----------------------------------------

SimShaker for Aviators beta

Assembly Version: 2.1.3.0

Win32 Version: 2.1.3.0

CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/SimShaker/SimShaker%20for%20Aviators%20Beta/SimShaker%20for%20Aviators%20beta.exe

System.Windows.Forms

Win32 Version: 4.8.4270.0 built by: NET48REL1LAST_C

CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll

System

Win32 Version: 4.8.4200.0 built by: NET48REL1LAST_C

CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll

System.Drawing

Win32 Version: 4.8.4084.0 built by: NET48REL1

CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll

System.Configuration

Win32 Version: 4.8.4190.0 built by: NET48REL1LAST_B

CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll

System.Core

CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll

System.Xml

CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll

Accessibility

CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Accessibility/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Accessibility.dll

System.Xml.Linq

CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml.Linq/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.Linq.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************

To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this

application or computer (machine.config) must have the

jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.

The application must also be compiled with debugging

enabled.

For example:

<configuration>

<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />

</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception

will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer

rather than be handled by this dialog box.

Intel Core i7 9700K@4.6GHz|ASUS Strix Z390-H|G.Skill DDR4 32GB@3200MHz|MSI GeForce RTX 2080 Ti|2xSSD 500GB Samsung 970 EVO M.2 RAID0|SSD Samsung 850 EVO|Corsair HX 750W|Fractal Design Define R6 Blackout|UWQHD 34"|Valve Index|Logitech G9|MS Natural Ergonomic Keyboard 4000|VPC WarBRD Base+MongoosT-50CM2 Grip|VPC MongoosT-50 Throttle|VKB T-Rudder|Beyerdynamic DT770|Boom mic|Windows 10 Home

Hi, I encountered now 3 times (randomly) the following. It might have something to do with recent windows restart or newly started simshaker but I cant confirm that yet.

-simshaker is started automatically with windows

-DCS is started up and when main loading screen shows up, i.e., when the "simshaker starter" is supposed to launch "simshaker for aviators" (SSA), an error occurs

-SSA does not start but .NET error message is displayed

-software version 2.1.3 beta

-"simshaker starter" halts when error message is displayed and exits if I click "quit"

-latest DCS version, Windows 10 Home FP 2004

I wonder what's wrong ("cannot find the file specified").

EDIT:

The JetPad is not found by any software until USB cable is disconnected and re-connected after the error above.

After that, it seems to work normally.

Yours, RedX

[ATTACH=JSON]{"alt":"Click image for larger version Name:\tClipboard01.png Views:\t0 Size:\t21.0 KB ID:\t7124923","data-align":"none","data-attachmentid":"7124923","data-size":"full","title":"Clipboard01.png"}[/ATTACH]

The full error message is below.

See the end of this message for details on invoking

just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************

System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception (0x80004005): The system cannot find the file specified

at System.Diagnostics.Process.StartWithShellExecuteEx(ProcessStartInfo startInfo)

at System.Diagnostics.Process.Start()

at SimShaker.UI.ProcessManager.StartSeatHandler(String arguments)

at SimShaker.UI.MainForm.Form1_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnLoad(EventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnCreateControl()

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl(Boolean fIgnoreVisible)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl()

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmShowWindow(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WmShowWindow(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************

mscorlib

Win32 Version: 4.8.4250.0 built by: NET48REL1LAST_C

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll

SimShaker for Aviators beta

Assembly Version: 2.1.3.0

Win32 Version: 2.1.3.0

CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/SimShaker/SimShaker%20for%20Aviators%20Beta/SimShaker%20for%20Aviators%20beta.exe

System.Windows.Forms

CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll

System

Win32 Version: 4.8.4200.0 built by: NET48REL1LAST_C

CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll

System.Drawing

CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll

System.Configuration

Win32 Version: 4.8.4190.0 built by: NET48REL1LAST_B

CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll

System.Core

CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll

System.Xml

CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll

Accessibility

CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Accessibility/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Accessibility.dll

System.Xml.Linq

CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml.Linq/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.Linq.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************

To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this

application or computer (machine.config) must have the

jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.

The application must also be compiled with debugging

enabled.

For example:

<configuration>

<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />

</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception

will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer

rather than be handled by this dialog box.

Thx for the feedback...

Did you try to start SSA manually over the tray icon?

It seems that the crash is reproducible. The "USB reconnect required" was a different issue, I don't know why that was needed at some point and I can't reproduce it.

About the crash:

If I click "quit", the simshaker starter stops.

If I click "continue", the simshaker starter keeps running, but:

- start simshaker via right-click-menu or the UI button does not do anything at all

- if I quit the starter and restart it, everything works normally

Required to reproduce:

- start simshaker starter

- click "start when windows starts" in settings

- restart computer

- starter is automatically started

- start DCS --> crash (simshaker crashes as explained above; DCS runs normally)

Test case: no autostart with windows, just manually start simshaker starter

- works normally

Test case: autostart with windows, quit simshakers starter, start simshaker starter

- works normally

Test case: any start of simshaker starter

- open settings menu, the tick at "start when windows starts" is always missing

- no touching of the tick: if simshaker started automatically at last PC restart, it starts automatically again when PC is restarted, and crashes again

- no touching of the tick: if simshaker was not started automatically, it will not start automatically when PC is restarted; manual start of simshaker and DCS results in normal operation

- touch the tick: turn it on and simshaker starts with windows when PC is restarted; regardless whether it started automaticall at last PC restart

- touch the tick: turn it on and then off, and simshaker does not start when PC is restarted; manual start of simshaker and DCS results in normal operation

- whenever simshaker starter is quit and started again, the "start when windows starts" tick *appears* always to be unticked in settings

Hope this helps.

Regards, RedX

Hi there recently with the sound module i cant select my sound card and get this error any ideas thanks

5:45:32.790 NaudioPlaybackEngine: could not initialize playback device.Exception from HRESULT: 0x88890008

never mind nivida broadcaster was causing issues

Flight Rig: Ryzen 7 5800X; 32 Gig DDR4 3600; Focus 1000W; ASUS TUF RTX 3090 TI OC Edition; Corsair 500D Airflow VR: HP Reverb G2

Gaming Rig: Ryzen 9 3900X; 32 Gig DDR4 3000; Gigabyte 3070 TI OC Edition; Phanteks Eclipse P400

Hey, thanks for making the A-10IIC work... Can I please ask for APU rumble in the hornet and Huey, and any other aircraft that has an APU please?

Hornet does not have an APU gauge thus no way to get the current RPM of the APU. Not sure about the Huey...

I just released a new beta:

Version 2.1.4.0 – beta release

- Autostart fixed – You might need to disable/remove autostart for SimShaker first

- Manual updated – Thanks to Alexey

For me, 2.1.4 still causes the Unhandled exemption error if "Start when Windows Starts" is selected when SimShaker is started either automatically with DCS start or manually Starting SSA. The tray launcher by itself seems to be fine in the system tray until then and is there when Windows Starts.

I can manually add the shortcut to my shell:startup and it will run fine without the error:dunno:

I7-9700KF@5ghz, 32GB DDR4 3200, RTX 3090, Pimax 5k+, Virpil T-50CM2 base with Warthog, F/A-18, T-50cm, and VFX grips, Saitek X65F, Saitek Switch Panel, TM Cougar MFDs, TM TPR pedals, JetSeat and bass pucks, H640P for VRK, PointCtrl

3rd Space Vest project for basic G Seat/G Suit simulation

For me, 2.1.4 still causes the Unhandled exemption error if "Start when Windows Starts" is selected when SimShaker is started either automatically with DCS start or manually Starting SSA. The tray launcher by itself seems to be fine in the system tray until then and is there when Windows Starts.

I can manually add the shortcut to my shell:startup and it will run fine without the error:dunno:

The same for me. If I use autostart when it opens I get a microsoft .net exception. Do not get that if I manually start it...

Exactly the same here. Autostart option is corrected but the crash is still there after PC restart.

Is it possible that it has something to do with the installation option "Everyone" vs "Me only" ? I used the "Everyone" option.

Hi everyone,

My Jetseat arrived Last Friday 7th Nov 2020, which I am using for DCS. I am having a problem with the Jetseat set up. Whilst the seat connects via the USB it will not operate in that mode. I have to connect the 3.5mm audio jacks and also switch the mode button on the controller to show red which I believe to be the Sound intercept mode. I followed the instructions below

Assembly and Installation Instructions

Attach the JetSeat to a chair using straps

Connect the JetSeat control unit by means of DIN connectors

Connect the AC/DC power adapter to the JetSeat and AC network

Set JetSeat On/Off switch to ON

Download and install Gametrix JetSeat Control Panel and Massage applications

Connect JetSeat USB connector into a PC USB port.

Sound Intercept mode

You can use JetSeat in its Sound Intercept mode with any game (not only PC game but actually at any device with 3.5 mm sound output).

Plug JetSeat's 3.5 mm male jack into your device sound output (as if it was a Buttkicker amplifier),

plug a headset or speakers into JetSeat's 3.5 mm female jack,

press and hold MODE button at JetSeat's control unit for 3 seconds. LED color changes. Wait about 10 seconds for changes to take effect. That's it.

Further steps: adjust vibration level by rotating a big black dial at the control unit or via JetSeat Control Panel App.

Disappointingly I am also unable to detect any DCS aircraft in the Simshaker application, download is the beta version 2.1.4.0 (I had earlier tried the stable version with the same result) I just see the generic Jet Engine, Helicopter and Piston options.

I also have installed NET Framework 4.8

I have an email trail with Andre but no progress so far.

Additionally the kit passes the test modes with all sensors vibrating.

I’m hoping you smart guys/gals out there might be able to help me find a solution.

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700K CPU @ 3.80GHz, 3792 Mhz, 64Gb RAM, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090,

CONTROLS: VPC Rotor TCS Base, VPC Hawk-60 Collective Grip, VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Base, VPC Constellation ALPHA Prime [R], Thrustmaster Warthog – Throttle, Thrustmaster TPR - Pendular Rudder Pedals, Honeycomb Alpha Flight Control (For Anubis C-130 Hercules), Meta Quest Pro.

SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11,

Hi everyone,

My Jetseat arrived Last Friday 7th Nov 2020, which I am using for DCS. I am having a problem with the Jetseat set up. Whilst the seat connects via the USB it will not operate in that mode. I have to connect the 3.5mm audio jacks and also switch the mode button on the controller to show red which I believe to be the Sound intercept mode. I followed the instructions below

Assembly and Installation Instructions

Attach the JetSeat to a chair using straps

Connect the JetSeat control unit by means of DIN connectors

Connect the AC/DC power adapter to the JetSeat and AC network

Set JetSeat On/Off switch to ON

Download and install Gametrix JetSeat Control Panel and Massage applications

Connect JetSeat USB connector into a PC USB port.

Sound Intercept mode

You can use JetSeat in its Sound Intercept mode with any game (not only PC game but actually at any device with 3.5 mm sound output).

Plug JetSeat's 3.5 mm male jack into your device sound output (as if it was a Buttkicker amplifier),

plug a headset or speakers into JetSeat's 3.5 mm female jack,

press and hold MODE button at JetSeat's control unit for 3 seconds. LED color changes. Wait about 10 seconds for changes to take effect. That's it.

Further steps: adjust vibration level by rotating a big black dial at the control unit or via JetSeat Control Panel App.

Disappointingly I am also unable to detect any DCS aircraft in the Simshaker application, download is the beta version 2.1.4.0 (I had earlier tried the stable version with the same result) I just see the generic Jet Engine, Helicopter and Piston options.

I also have installed NET Framework 4.8

I have an email trail with Andre but no progress so far.

Additionally the kit passes the test modes with all sensors vibrating.

I’m hoping you smart guys/gals out there might be able to help me find a solution.

did you install SimShaker for Aviators?

i5 8400 | 32 Gb RAM | RTX 2080Ti | Virpil Mongoose T-50 base w/ Warthog & Hornet sticks | Warthog throttle | Cougar throttle USB | DIY Collective | Virpil desk mount | VKB T-Rudder Mk IV | Oculus Rift S | Buddy-Fox A-10 UFC | 3x TM MFDs | 2x bass shakers pedal plate| SIMple SIMpit chair | WinWing TakeOff panel | PointCTRL v2 | Andre JetSeat | Winwing Hornet UFC | Winwing Viper ICP

FC3 - Warthog - F-5E - Harrier - NTTR - Hornet - Tomcat - Huey - Viper - C-101 - PG - Hip - SuperCarrier - Syria - Warthog II - Hind - South Atlantic - Sinai - Strike Eagle