[Official] SimShaker for Aviators

7 hours ago, GunSlingerAUS said:

Update to my issue - my issue seems to have been caused by using the beta software. Andre told me to go back to the release version, and it's now working perfectly - v 2.1.0, which now also includes support for the F-14A

I just downloaded 2.1.0 but got the same error with the F-14A.  Do I need to uninstall the old one first or does the new installer overrwrite/remove the first one?  

Specs & Wishlist:

Core i9 9900k 5.0Ghz, Asus ROG Maximus XI Hero, 64GB G.Skill Trident 3600, Asus RoG Strix 3090 OC, 2TB x Samsung Evo 970 M.2 boot. Samsung Evo 860 storage, Coolermaster H500M, ML360R AIO

HP Reverb G2, Samsung Odyssey+ WMR; VKB Gunfighter 2, MCG Pro; Virpil T-50CM v3; Slaw RX Viper v2

11 minutes ago, Uxi said:

I just downloaded 2.1.0 but got the same error with the F-14A.  Do I need to uninstall the old one first or does the new installer overrwrite/remove the first one?  

Please make our life a bit easier. Tell us what is that "the same error"?

Gametrix JetSeats thread (in English) ,

SimShaker addon for bass-shakers thread (in English),

Andre's blog, downloads, manuals (in English).

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

It was the same error before 2.1.0 but I just played the F-14B, had good functionality and then when I played the F-14A again to get the exact error it didn't do it and everything worked, so please disregard. 

EDIT: Did it again this morning.  I loaded a custom mission from the mission editor and the log said "new airframe: F-14A-135-GR" and then "invalid or unsupported aircraft".  No vibration at all.  Then I started the F-14B Instant Action Case I Supercarrier mission and everything worked. I started the F-14A Instant Action and everything worked again.  I then went back to my loaded mission and everything worked this time.   

One other note, the vibration from F-14A lasts alot longer even if I exit the mission I was still getting vibration for a good 2-3 minutes whereas it used to end about 30 seconds or so for the F-14B.  I took a picture on my phone and will add that next since I'm playing in VR, so I usually exit in the game and then take off my headset but that automatically closes Simshaker for Aviators. I generally like the behavior but apparently the log was gone so not as convenient for t/s. 

Edited by Uxi
  • Thanks 1

Specs & Wishlist:

Core i9 9900k 5.0Ghz, Asus ROG Maximus XI Hero, 64GB G.Skill Trident 3600, Asus RoG Strix 3090 OC, 2TB x Samsung Evo 970 M.2 boot. Samsung Evo 860 storage, Coolermaster H500M, ML360R AIO

HP Reverb G2, Samsung Odyssey+ WMR; VKB Gunfighter 2, MCG Pro; Virpil T-50CM v3; Slaw RX Viper v2

picture

703.jpg

Edited by Uxi

Specs & Wishlist:

11 hours ago, Uxi said:

20201212_120841.jpg

I guess your SimShaker for Aviators version is not fresh enough to support F14A.

When you change one by one supported and unsupported aircrafts it can make it somehow working, but that's a kind of a trick.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

2 hours ago, =Andre= said:

I guess your SimShaker for Aviators version is not fresh enough to support F14A.

When you change one by one supported and unsupported aircrafts it can make it somehow working, but that's a kind of a trick.

F14A is supported in the latest SSA beta!

14 hours ago, Uxi said:

picture

703.jpg

Which SSA version do you use? The F14A is available in the latest SSA beta!

ah, I'm using 2.1.0 not beta, since I thought I saw someone post that it supported F-14A now.  Which it seems to... kinda. 

Specs & Wishlist:

Hi,

I just installed both Simshaker for aviators and SimShaket Sound module. I tried X-plane and it works correctly. But with FS2020 Shimshaker opens but says Not responding. I installed the last SDK and have all other SDK from previous versions of FSX also installed. turned off antivirus and firewall, nothing... I'm pretty much lost. Only happens when open FS2020. any update in what can be the problem? Also I use Spad Next and the simconnect connection works correctly. It is there any configuration i have to do in the simconnect.xml? add the simconnect.dll somewhere? Pretty much lost here, will appreciate any help. Thanks

7 minutes ago, Iceblue said:

Hi,

I just installed both Simshaker for aviators and SimShaket Sound module. I tried X-plane and it works correctly. But with FS2020 Shimshaker opens but says Not responding. I installed the last SDK and have all other SDK from previous versions of FSX also installed. turned off antivirus and firewall, nothing... I'm pretty much lost. Only happens when open FS2020. any update in what can be the problem? Also I use Spad Next and the simconnect connection works correctly. It is there any configuration i have to do in the simconnect.xml? add the simconnect.dll somewhere? Pretty much lost here, will appreciate any help. Thanks

Regarding MSFS 2020 related issues please refer to this thread https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/official-simshaker-for-aviators/230315

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi everybody. I could not find the answer to this and figured I'd just ask since it's probably something small that I'm dong wrong anyway. Had a JetSeat for a while. In SSA, 0-100 intensity was pretty relative, meaning 100 was the same intensity no matter which effect I set it to.

I recently decided to try out a bass shaker and I bought the Sound Module. Everything is working, technically. All the effects trigger the shaker, but I noticed, for instance, 100 set on the G-effect and Buffeting was MUCH stronger than 100 set on afterburner or Speedbrake shudders. In fact, at 100, I'd say AB or speedbrake shudders hit around G-Effect at 8 or maybe 10, relatively. At first, I thought perhaps those effects just passed a higher frequency and my LPF was cutting them out, but I opened all the software and hardware crossovers all the way and it didn't seem to make a difference. Testing in the viper.

Any thoughts?

Thanks for the help.

The State Military (MAG 13)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

SHEEP WE-01

AV-8B BuNo 164553

VMA-214

Col J. “Poe” Rasmussen

http://www.statelyfe.com

Specs: Gigabyte Z390 Pro Wifi; i9-9900K; EVGA 2080 Ti Black; 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4; Samsung 970 EVO Series M.2 SSD; WIN10; ASUS VG248QE; CV-1 and Index

Modules: A-10C; AV8B; CA; FC3; F-5; F-14; F-18; F-86; HAWK; L-39; P-51; UH1H; NTTR; Normandy; Persian Gulf

4 hours ago, rassy7 said:

Hi everybody. I could not find the answer to this and figured I'd just ask since it's probably something small that I'm dong wrong anyway. Had a JetSeat for a while. In SSA, 0-100 intensity was pretty relative, meaning 100 was the same intensity no matter which effect I set it to.

I recently decided to try out a bass shaker and I bought the Sound Module. Everything is working, technically. All the effects trigger the shaker, but I noticed, for instance, 100 set on the G-effect and Buffeting was MUCH stronger than 100 set on afterburner or Speedbrake shudders. In fact, at 100, I'd say AB or speedbrake shudders hit around G-Effect at 8 or maybe 10, relatively. At first, I thought perhaps those effects just passed a higher frequency and my LPF was cutting them out, but I opened all the software and hardware crossovers all the way and it didn't seem to make a difference. Testing in the viper.

Any thoughts?

Thanks for the help.

Hi, that's by SimShaker Sound Module wav. samples. On my opinion (for example) speed brake shudders should be much more subtle than buffeting or high G stress.

But those just my samples, you can consider them as a kind of placeholders. Everyone can change them.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Ok Andre. I agree with you. I just wanted to make sure I didn't have anything configured incorrectly, since it was different from how it worked with the JetSeat. Do you have tutorials in the documentation on how to change those if I wanted to? Thanks for the quick reply, BTW.

The State Military (MAG 13)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

SHEEP WE-01

AV-8B BuNo 164553

VMA-214

Col J. “Poe” Rasmussen

http://www.statelyfe.com

Specs: Gigabyte Z390 Pro Wifi; i9-9900K; EVGA 2080 Ti Black; 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4; Samsung 970 EVO Series M.2 SSD; WIN10; ASUS VG248QE; CV-1 and Index

Modules: A-10C; AV8B; CA; FC3; F-5; F-14; F-18; F-86; HAWK; L-39; P-51; UH1H; NTTR; Normandy; Persian Gulf

13 minutes ago, rassy7 said:

Ok Andre. I agree with you. I just wanted to make sure I didn't have anything configured incorrectly, since it was different from how it worked with the JetSeat. Do you have tutorials in the documentation on how to change those if I wanted to? Thanks for the quick reply, BTW.

In such a case I'm afraid it worked a wrong way with the JetSeat.

Basic information regarding the samples adjustment you can find in the User Guide https://simshaker.com/guides/

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

On 12/13/2020 at 10:32 PM, Uxi said:

ah, I'm using 2.1.0 not beta, since I thought I saw someone post that it supported F-14A now.  Which it seems to... kinda. 

SimShaker for Aviators Beta Installer v2.1.5 is the latest version...

and this is the latest changelog:

Version 2.1.5.0 – beta release

- F14A-135-GR added

Version 2.1.4.0 – beta release

- Autostart fixed – You might need to disable/remove autostart for SimShaker first

- Manual updated – Thanks to Alexey

Version 2.1.3.0 – beta release

- Autostart fixed

Version 2.1.2.0 – beta release

- P47 early version fixed

Version 2.1.1.0 – beta release

- P47 fixed

Edited by f4l0

I have a Buttkicker. If I understand correctly, to use it with DCS it looks like I need SimShaker for Aviators, the SimShaker Sound Module, and an add-on sound card. Right? What ports or other features do I need to look for when shopping for a sound card? I'm using the built-in audio of my VR headset, if that matters.

And now that I know it exists, I will want to add the JetPad FSE whenever I can scrape up the money. Do I need a particular type of sound card for that?

Apologies if this has already been answered. It's a long thread to go through.

1 hour ago, KWard said:

I have a Buttkicker. If I understand correctly, to use it with DCS it looks like I need SimShaker for Aviators, the SimShaker Sound Module, and an add-on sound card. Right? What ports or other features do I need to look for when shopping for a sound card? I'm using the built-in audio of my VR headset, if that matters.

And now that I know it exists, I will want to add the JetPad FSE whenever I can scrape up the money. Do I need a particular type of sound card for that?

Apologies if this has already been answered. It's a long thread to go through.

You could use your VR headset for normal audio, and the motherboard built-in soundcard for telemetry, so no need to spend $10.

Jetseat works on USB to read telemetry so you are good for that too. 

i5 8400 | 32 Gb RAM | RTX 2080Ti | Virpil Mongoose T-50 base w/ Warthog & Hornet sticks | Warthog throttle | Cougar throttle USB | DIY Collective | Virpil desk mount | VKB T-Rudder Mk IV | Oculus Rift S | Buddy-Fox A-10 UFC | 3x TM MFDs | 2x bass shakers pedal plate| SIMple SIMpit chair | WinWing TakeOff panel | PointCTRL v2 | Andre JetSeat | Winwing Hornet UFC | Winwing Viper ICP

FC3 - Warthog - F-5E - Harrier - NTTR - Hornet - Tomcat - Huey - Viper - C-101 - PG - Hip - SuperCarrier - Syria - Warthog II - Hind - South Atlantic - Sinai - Strike Eagle

So I got my Jet Pad about a month ago, almost to the day, and it just inexplicably died a few days ago. I thought maybe it was a loose or bad connection between the EU plug and the US adapter I was using, but I just ordered a few more and the unit is still non-responsive. It is not detected by Windows, or the Simshaker software and the green light on the hand controller is out. I've checked all the connections and they are tight. I've tried different electrical outlets and different USB ports. Nothing. 

Andre...I emailed you to discuss my options. This is pretty frustrating.

Thanks.

10 hours ago, Jarhead0331 said:

So I got my Jet Pad about a month ago, almost to the day, and it just inexplicably died a few days ago. I thought maybe it was a loose or bad connection between the EU plug and the US adapter I was using, but I just ordered a few more and the unit is still non-responsive. It is not detected by Windows, or the Simshaker software and the green light on the hand controller is out. I've checked all the connections and they are tight. I've tried different electrical outlets and different USB ports. Nothing. 

Andre...I emailed you to discuss my options. This is pretty frustrating.

Thanks.

Yes, that may be caused by a bad electrical connection. Please try to reload firmware as recommended in the User Guide https://simshaker.com/guides/

That usually helps.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi im having the exact same issue as the poster above, the F14a doesn't seem to work with the jetseat all other modules are fine. Same error message as he has posted as well. I have SSA ver 2.1.0.0 I can't find the beta version on your downlaods page could you attach a link?

Regards, 

harrier landing GIFRYZEN 7 3700X Running at 4.35 GHz

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080Ti

32gb DDR4 RAM @3200 MHz

Oculus CV1 NvME 970 EVO

TM Warthog Stick & Throttle plus 11" extension. VKB T-Rudder MKIV

27 minutes ago, westr said:

Hi im having the exact same issue as the poster above, the F14a doesn't seem to work with the jetseat all other modules are fine. Same error message as he has posted as well. I have SSA ver 2.1.0.0 I can't find the beta version on your downlaods page could you attach a link?

Regards, 

link2020-12-21_16-57-47.png

Edited by =Andre=
  • Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Would it be possible to get the G-force deadzone on the Aircraft profile tab instead of a general setting?

For example, the Gforce deadzone for a heli would be totally different than for a Hornet. 
The WW2 airframes yet different again.

it would be very nice if it could be tied to airframe module, please.

merry christmas to everyone!

Edited by Yskonyn

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Asus Z390-E, 32GB Crucial Ballistix 2400Mhz, Intel i7 9700K 5.0Ghz, Asus GTX1080 8GB, SoundBlaster AE-5, G15, Streamdeck, DSD Flight, TM Warthog, VirPil BRD, MFG Crosswind CAM5, TrackIR 5, KW-908 Jetseat, Win 10 64-bit

”Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.

However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore.”

1 hour ago, Yskonyn said:

Would it be possible to get the G-force deadzone on the Aircraft profile tab instead of a general setting?

For example, the Gforce deadzone for a heli would be totally different than for a Hornet. 
The WW2 airframes yet different again.

it would be very nice if it could be tied to airframe module, please.

merry christmas to everyone!

But 2 Gs are 2Gs for all airframes right? Maybe you mean how the software "scales" the effect? meaning you can´t reach 9Gs in the Huey so 2Gs should rumble more?

i5 8400 | 32 Gb RAM | RTX 2080Ti | Virpil Mongoose T-50 base w/ Warthog & Hornet sticks | Warthog throttle | Cougar throttle USB | DIY Collective | Virpil desk mount | VKB T-Rudder Mk IV | Oculus Rift S | Buddy-Fox A-10 UFC | 3x TM MFDs | 2x bass shakers pedal plate| SIMple SIMpit chair | WinWing TakeOff panel | PointCTRL v2 | Andre JetSeat | Winwing Hornet UFC | Winwing Viper ICP

FC3 - Warthog - F-5E - Harrier - NTTR - Hornet - Tomcat - Huey - Viper - C-101 - PG - Hip - SuperCarrier - Syria - Warthog II - Hind - South Atlantic - Sinai - Strike Eagle

Indeed 2G’s are the same effect for all a/c, but I’d like to ‘trim’ the deadzone for maneuvers.

As you’re likely never going to pull anything over 4G in a helo, but 3 or 4G is part of maneuvers in a fighter, it would be awesome if we could tweak the deadzone per module, rather than a global setting.

For example, in the Hornet I use -1 to +3; this way I know when I push negative G’s quite hard, but also know that offensively I am entering the correct maneuver load range once the Jetseat starts to rumble.

This onset should be different for WW2 birds, for example.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Asus Z390-E, 32GB Crucial Ballistix 2400Mhz, Intel i7 9700K 5.0Ghz, Asus GTX1080 8GB, SoundBlaster AE-5, G15, Streamdeck, DSD Flight, TM Warthog, VirPil BRD, MFG Crosswind CAM5, TrackIR 5, KW-908 Jetseat, Win 10 64-bit

”Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.

However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore.”