[Official] SimShaker for Aviators

On 6/15/2021 at 7:33 AM, f4l0 said:

I'll have a look what I can do and release a new beta in the next days

Don't forget to include the Mi-24P. 😉

• Like 3

i9 13900K @5.5GHz, Z790 Gigabyte Aorus Master, RTX4090 Waterforce, 64 GB DDR5 @5600, Pico 4, HOTAS & Rudder: all Virpil with Rhino FFB base made by VPforce, DCS: all modules

I second that. I'm dying without SimShaker in the Hind. Is there any way to just fall back to the defaults if the detected aircraft is not recognized? I miss it in the T-45 and A-4 as well, and then we wouldn't have to wait for an update every time a new aircraft is released.

I'm sure it's more complicated than I think it is, but just a thought 🙂

• Like 1

Hey there.  I am curious if there's any way to have a custom shaker solution be run by Simshaker?  For instance, I am looking at the viability of creating a few haptic motor units to place with my pedals and stick, to give feedback there.  I had a buttkicker providing feedback, but it shakes the whole upper floor and gets loud.  I could obviously use a sound module if necessary, but I was looking at the possibility of running motors straight through Simshaker, mainly for stuff like feeling firing the GAU-8 in the stick, and the runway rumble in my pedals when I'm rolling. 

9 hours ago, RealDCSpilot said:

Don't forget to include the Mi-24P. 😉

4 hours ago, moridar said:

I second that. I'm dying without SimShaker in the Hind. Is there any way to just fall back to the defaults if the detected aircraft is not recognized? I miss it in the T-45 and A-4 as well, and then we wouldn't have to wait for an update every time a new aircraft is released.

I'm sure it's more complicated than I think it is, but just a thought 🙂

I don't own the Mi-24P.

DCS does not provide a standard export interface thus I must add every module manually. Usually I do not add mods to SSA, the A4 was added since I talked to the original dev, RiP.

1 hour ago, Echo179 said:

Hey there.  I am curious if there's any way to have a custom shaker solution be run by Simshaker?  For instance, I am looking at the viability of creating a few haptic motor units to place with my pedals and stick, to give feedback there.  I had a buttkicker providing feedback, but it shakes the whole upper floor and gets loud.  I could obviously use a sound module if necessary, but I was looking at the possibility of running motors straight through Simshaker, mainly for stuff like feeling firing the GAU-8 in the stick, and the runway rumble in my pedals when I'm rolling. 

You can use custom sound files: https://simshaker.com/guides/sound/

• Thanks 1

@Fri13 Isn't it available for two weeks via the new free-to-play system?

How about letting me buy it as a gift for you? Just PM me.

Edited by RealDCSpilot
  • Like 1

i9 13900K @5.5GHz, Z790 Gigabyte Aorus Master, RTX4090 Waterforce, 64 GB DDR5 @5600, Pico 4, HOTAS & Rudder: all Virpil with Rhino FFB base made by VPforce, DCS: all modules

2 hours ago, Echo179 said:

... I was looking at the possibility of running motors straight through Simshaker, mainly for stuff like feeling firing the GAU-8 in the stick, and the runway rumble in my pedals when I'm rolling. 

If you get Gametrix vibrating pad controller, you could drive the small 12 V motors straight through the SimShaker for Aviators.

• Like 1

Gametrix JetSeats thread (in English) ,

SimShaker addon for bass-shakers thread (in English),

Andre's blog, downloads, manuals (in English).

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Everyone can fly the Hind for free for 2 weeks 😉

• Like 1

Asus Maximus VIII Hero Alpha| i7-6700K @ 4.60GHz | nVidia GTX 1080ti Strix OC 11GB @ 2075MHz| 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200Mhz DDR4 CL14 |

Samsung 950 PRO 512GB M.2 SSD | Corsair Force LE 480GB SSD | Windows 10 64-Bit | TM Warthog with FSSB R3 Lighting Base | VKB Gunfighter Pro + MCG | TM MFD's | Oculus Rift S | Jetseat FSE

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Yeah, but not everyone is entitled to work for free. I, for my part, am pretty happy to be able to use this piece of software for free and consider it a great gesture of these guys above to chip in with a free module (which would need it anyhow, since I believe a lot of changing will be happening) and a couple of beers.  Might also chip in 2 or 3 beers...so please just PM and Prost

• Like 3

Yeah, but not everyone is entitled to work for free. I, for my part, am pretty happy to be able to use this piece of software for free and consider it a great gesture of these guys above to chip in with a free module (which would need it anyhow, since I believe a lot of changing will be happening) and a couple of beers.  Might also chip in 2 or 3 beers...so please just PM and Prost
I'm with you guys. Just tell me how much!
I already have Olaf's PayPal.
I suggested to@BIGNEWY a while ago that one should be able to purchase Miles you could gift through the ED store. That would be real handy for cases like this!
Cheers!

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

10 hours ago, moridar said:

In addition to @RealDCSpilot's response, I'll pitch in too. Feel free to use the money for Dcs modules, or beer, or something else. Shoot me a PM with where to send the money.

4 hours ago, MAXsenna said:

I'm with you guys. Just tell me how much! emoji1.png
I already have Olaf's PayPal.
I suggested to@BIGNEWY a while ago that one should be able to purchase Miles you could gift through the ED store. That would be real handy for cases like this!
Cheers!

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

Same here. Funds are already flowing that way. 🙂  

For those who are well versed in these things: I have patched my local version of the SimShaker.lua to use the Mi-8MT model for the Mi-24P. I only had to change the IAS-parameter und remove the PanelShake. The SimShaker.lua is in "SimShaker/Data" and in the "Scripts" subfolederof your DCS saved-games folder.

This is the patch for making these changes:

33c33,37
<           dataTable.name = obj.Name
---
>         local name = obj.Name
>         if name == "Mi-24P" then
>             name = "Mi-8MT"
>           end
>           dataTable.name = name
143a148,160
>             elseif obj.Name == "Mi-24P" then
>             -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>             local mainRotorRPM = MainPanel:get_argument_value(42) * 100
>             local IAS_L = MainPanel:get_argument_value(790)
>
>             local PanelShake =
>               string.format(
>               "%.2f~%.2f~%.2f",
>               0, 0, 0
>             )
>
>             dataTable.rpm = string.format("%.2f", mainRotorRPM)
>             dataTable.panelShake = PanelShake

Rockets and rotor work, the gun does not.

Edited by audax
  • Like 3

hi guys,

this will be the first time I update Simshaker for Aviators. Great stuff.

what is the procedure to update ?

Edited by FZG_Immel

[sIGPIC]https://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic70550_3.gif[/sIGPIC]

Asus Z390-H - SSD M.2 EVO 970 - Intel I9 @5.0ghz - 32gb DDR4 4000 - EVGA 3090 - Cougar FSSB + Virpil WRBRD + Hornet Stick - Thrustmaster TPR Pedal + WinWing MIP + Orion + TO and CO pannels - Track IR5

5 hours ago, audax said:

For those who are well versed in these things: I have patched my local version of the SimShaker.lua to use the Mi-8MT model for the Mi-24P. I only had to change the IAS-parameter und remove the PanelShake. The SimShaker.lua is in "SimShaker/Data" and in the "Scripts" subfolederof your DCS saved-games folder.

This is the patch for making these changes:

33c33,37
<           dataTable.name = obj.Name
---
>         local name = obj.Name
>         if name == "Mi-24P" then
>             name = "Mi-8MT"
>           end
>           dataTable.name = name
143a148,160
>             elseif obj.Name == "Mi-24P" then
>             -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>             local mainRotorRPM = MainPanel:get_argument_value(42) * 100
>             local IAS_L = MainPanel:get_argument_value(790)
>
>             local PanelShake =
>               string.format(
>               "%.2f~%.2f~%.2f",
>               0, 0, 0
>             )
>
>             dataTable.rpm = string.format("%.2f", mainRotorRPM)
>             dataTable.panelShake = PanelShake

Rockets and rotor work, the gun does not.

Would you share where to place this code within the simshaker.lua?

would one just copy and paste anywhere? Or are you indicating the line numbers for where to place?

• Like 1

So new weird issue. Simshaker stopped working. I unistalled it, reinstalled it, and the icon pops up for a second, but if I check the scripts directory its all gone? I.e. nothing like sim shaker exports and its not in the export lua. WTF happened?

Edited by Harlikwin

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

5 hours ago, FZG_Immel said:

hi guys,

this will be the first time I update Simshaker for Aviators. Great stuff.

what is the procedure to update ?

I had to make the edits in <SimShaker Install>\Data\SimShaker.lua. Seems it copies that to <Saved Games>\<DCS>\Scripts - my saved games version edits would get overwritten until I edited the SimShaker install version.

In there, around line 33, you'll see

dataTable.name = obj.Name

Replace that with

local dataTableName = obj.Name
if obj.Name == "Mi-24P" then
	dataTableName = "Mi-8MT"
end

dataTable.name = dataTableName

that's where instead of dataTable.name directly referencing obj.Name, we're intercepting it with a local variable that assigns the dataTable object name to Mi-8MT if it's the Mi-24P.

A little further down, around line 135ish, you'll see the start of the main conditional for airframes, with

if obj.Name == "Mi-8MT" then

Replace that with

if obj.Name == "Mi-24P" then
	local mainRotorRPM = MainPanel:get_argument_value(42) * 100
	local IAS_L = MainPanel:get_argument_value(790)

dataTable.rpm = string.format("%.2f", mainRotorRPM)
elseif obj.Name == "Mi-8MT" then

That replaces the start of the main conditional, with the Mi-24P taking the first spot over the Mi-8. That's where stuff is wired up, just rotor rpm right now. I took a short stab at wiring up the cannon but gave up for now.

20 minutes ago, Harlikwin said:

So new weird issue. Simshaker stopped working. I unistalled it, reinstalled it, and the icon pops up for a second, but if I check the scripts directory its all gone? I.e. nothing like sim shaker exports and its not in the export lua. WTF happened?

With all airframes or just the Hind? SimShaker would crash on me when loading into the Hind without the edits above. SimShaker would stay open but there'd be a second window with an exception.

Edited by Munkwolf
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

True champion of men - thank you sir! 🥳

• Like 1

Asus Maximus VIII Hero Alpha| i7-6700K @ 4.60GHz | nVidia GTX 1080ti Strix OC 11GB @ 2075MHz| 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200Mhz DDR4 CL14 |

Samsung 950 PRO 512GB M.2 SSD | Corsair Force LE 480GB SSD | Windows 10 64-Bit | TM Warthog with FSSB R3 Lighting Base | VKB Gunfighter Pro + MCG | TM MFD's | Oculus Rift S | Jetseat FSE

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

10 hours ago, Munkwolf said:

With all airframes or just the Hind? SimShaker would crash on me when loading into the Hind without the edits above. SimShaker would stay open but there'd be a second window with an exception.

I mean it doesn't come up. Usually I get the icons in the tool tray, and the "window". Now the red icon pops up for a sec and vanishes. No error message nothing. Tried uninstalling and reinstalling it and same result. The "massage" appliation works fine though. Its super weird. Is the installer supposed to point at DCS too? 

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

1 hour ago, Harlikwin said:

I mean it doesn't come up. Usually I get the icons in the tool tray, and the "window". Now the red icon pops up for a sec and vanishes. No error message nothing. 

There may be some error messages in the Windows Event log. I would recommend to check it.

Edited by =Andre=

Gametrix JetSeats thread (in English) ,

SimShaker addon for bass-shakers thread (in English),

Andre's blog, downloads, manuals (in English).

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

5 minutes ago, =Andre= said:

There may be some error messages in the Windows Event log. I would recommend to check it.

So no idea what any of this means but this is the error I get after reinstalling it. 

Also I recall there should be some files in saved games DCS scripts, but its now empty of anything from simshaker, nothing in the export lua. 

Application Error:

Faulting application name: SimShaker for Aviators.exe, version: 2.2.0.0, time stamp: 0x60334547
Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 10.0.19041.1023, time stamp: 0xcbf6f7d1
Exception code: 0xe0434352
Fault offset: 0x0012a6f2
Faulting process id: 0x1be4
Faulting application start time: 0x01d7645633b2658e
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\SimShaker\SimShaker for Aviators\SimShaker for Aviators.exe
Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\System32\KERNELBASE.dll
Report Id: 9cfa6611-1bbc-4f0d-9c74-4d5435fabb9c
Faulting package full name: 
Faulting package-relative application ID: 

.NET runtime error:

Application: SimShaker for Aviators.exe
Framework Version: v4.0.30319
Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
Exception Info: System.Xml.XmlException
   at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(System.Exception)
   at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(System.String, System.String[])
   at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseText(Int32 ByRef, Int32 ByRef, Int32 ByRef)
   at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseText()
   at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseElementContent()
   at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Read()
   at System.Xml.XmlTextReader.Read()
   at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Skip()
   at System.Xml.XmlTextReader.Skip()
   at System.Configuration.XmlUtil.StrictSkipToNextElement(System.Configuration.ExceptionAction)
   at System.Configuration.BaseConfigurationRecord.ScanSectionsRecursive(System.Configuration.XmlUtil, System.String, Boolean, System.String, System.Configuration.OverrideModeSetting, Boolean)
   at System.Configuration.BaseConfigurationRecord.ScanSectionsRecursive(System.Configuration.XmlUtil, System.String, Boolean, System.String, System.Configuration.OverrideModeSetting, Boolean)
   at System.Configuration.BaseConfigurationRecord.ScanSections(System.Configuration.XmlUtil)
   at System.Configuration.BaseConfigurationRecord.InitConfigFromFile()

Exception Info: System.Configuration.ConfigurationErrorsException
   at System.Configuration.ConfigurationSchemaErrors.ThrowIfErrors(Boolean)
   at System.Configuration.BaseConfigurationRecord.ThrowIfParseErrors(System.Configuration.ConfigurationSchemaErrors)
   at System.Configuration.BaseConfigurationRecord.ThrowIfInitErrors()
   at System.Configuration.ClientConfigurationSystem.OnConfigRemoved(System.Object, System.Configuration.Internal.InternalConfigEventArgs)

Exception Info: System.Configuration.ConfigurationErrorsException
   at System.Configuration.ConfigurationManager.PrepareConfigSystem()
   at System.Configuration.ConfigurationManager.RefreshSection(System.String)
   at System.Configuration.ClientSettingsStore.ReadSettings(System.String, Boolean)
   at System.Configuration.LocalFileSettingsProvider.GetPropertyValues(System.Configuration.SettingsContext, System.Configuration.SettingsPropertyCollection)
   at System.Configuration.SettingsBase.GetPropertiesFromProvider(System.Configuration.SettingsProvider)
   at System.Configuration.SettingsBase.GetPropertyValueByName(System.String)
   at System.Configuration.SettingsBase.get_Item(System.String)
   at System.Configuration.ApplicationSettingsBase.GetPropertyValue(System.String)
   at System.Configuration.ApplicationSettingsBase.get_Item(System.String)
   at SimShaker.Properties.Settings.get_Starter_ShowBalloon()
   at SimShaker.UI.AutoStarterForm..ctor()
   at SimShaker.Program.Main(System.String[])

Yay, stack traces. Key part is gonna be right before it throws the exception - it's having trouble parsing XML:

at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseText(Int32 ByRef, Int32 ByRef, Int32 ByRef)

Then further down at start of trace can see the exception is happening when it's trying to get settings during start:

33 minutes ago, Harlikwin said:

Also I recall there should be some files in saved games DCS scripts, but its now empty of anything from simshaker, nothing in the export lua. 

Yup, i'm seeing a "SimShaker-export-core" folder with a few lua files and then the main SimShaker.lua in <saved games>\DCS\Scripts

Edited by Munkwolf

@Harlikwin  Do you have a "SimShaker for Aviators.exe.config" in your SimShaker install directory? And does it look ok? Seems like that might be the XML file it's yelling about on start.

If not, or just want to test, here's the contents of mine:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<configuration>
    <configSections>
        <sectionGroup name="userSettings" type="System.Configuration.UserSettingsGroup, System, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089">
            <section name="SimShaker.Properties.Settings" type="System.Configuration.ClientSettingsSection, System, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089" allowExeDefinition="MachineToLocalUser" requirePermission="false"/>
        </sectionGroup>
    </configSections>
    <startup useLegacyV2RuntimeActivationPolicy="true"> 
        <supportedRuntime version="v4.0" sku=".NETFramework,Version=v4.8"/>
    </startup>
    <userSettings>
      <SimShaker.Properties.Settings>
        <setting name="ShowDebugInfo" serializeAs="String">
          <value>False</value>
        </setting>
        <setting name="SO_99_2_WingsFoldVibroEffect_BaseLevel_UC" serializeAs="String">
          <value>50</value>
        </setting>
        <setting name="CheckExportFileSizeAtStartup" serializeAs="String">
          <value>True</value>
        </setting>
        <setting name="MassageRepetitions" serializeAs="String">
          <value>15</value>
        </setting>
        <setting name="MyOldExportLuaCleaned" serializeAs="String">
          <value>False</value>
        </setting>
        <setting name="SoundMode" serializeAs="String">
          <value>False</value>
        </setting>
        <setting name="Starter_ShowBalloon" serializeAs="String">
          <value>True</value>
        </setting>
        <setting name="Handler_CustomerVibroEffectsFolder" serializeAs="String">
          <value/>
        </setting>
        <setting name="Handler_UseCustomerVibroEffects" serializeAs="String">
          <value>False</value>
        </setting>
        <setting name="LogToScreen" serializeAs="String">
          <value>False</value>
        </setting>
        <setting name="MainFormTopMost" serializeAs="String">
          <value>False</value>
        </setting>
        <setting name="SM_AutoStart" serializeAs="String">
          <value>True</value>
        </setting>
        <setting name="Starter_StartMinimized" serializeAs="String">
          <value>True</value>
        </setting>
        <setting name="OutputMode_Simultaneous" serializeAs="String">
          <value>False</value>
        </setting>
        <setting name="ICSafeMode" serializeAs="String">
          <value>False</value>
        </setting>
        <setting name="WindowLocation" serializeAs="String">
          <value>0, 0</value>
        </setting>
      </SimShaker.Properties.Settings>
    </userSettings>
</configuration>

Edited by Munkwolf

10 minutes ago, Munkwolf said:

@Harlikwin  Do you have a "SimShaker for Aviators.exe.config" in your SimShaker install directory? And does it look ok? Seems like that might be the XML file it's yelling about on start.

If not, or just want to test, here's the contents of mine:

<configuration>
    <configSections>
        <sectionGroup name="userSettings" type="System.Configuration.UserSettingsGroup, System, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089">
            <section name="SimShaker.Properties.Settings" type="System.Configuration.ClientSettingsSection, System, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089" allowExeDefinition="MachineToLocalUser" requirePermission="false"/>
        </sectionGroup>
    </configSections>
    </startup>
    <userSettings>
          <value>False</value>
        </setting>
          <value>50</value>
        </setting>
          <value>True</value>
        </setting>
          <value>15</value>
        </setting>
          <value>False</value>
        </setting>
          <value>False</value>
        </setting>
          <value>True</value>
        </setting>
          <value/>
        </setting>
          <value>False</value>
        </setting>
          <value>False</value>
        </setting>
          <value>False</value>
        </setting>
          <value>True</value>
        </setting>
          <value>True</value>
        </setting>
          <value>False</value>
        </setting>
          <value>False</value>
        </setting>
          <value>0, 0</value>
        </setting>
    </userSettings>
</configuration>

yup, here is mine

<configuration>
    <configSections>
        </sectionGroup>
    </configSections>
    </startup>
    <userSettings>
          <value>False</value>
        </setting>
          <value>50</value>
        </setting>
          <value>True</value>
        </setting>
          <value>15</value>
        </setting>
          <value>False</value>
        </setting>
          <value>False</value>
        </setting>
          <value>True</value>
        </setting>
          <value/>
        </setting>
          <value>False</value>
        </setting>
          <value>False</value>
        </setting>
          <value>False</value>
        </setting>
          <value>True</value>
        </setting>
          <value>True</value>
        </setting>
          <value>False</value>
        </setting>
          <value>False</value>
        </setting>
          <value>0, 0</value>
        </setting>
    </userSettings>
</configuration>

20 minutes ago, Munkwolf said:

Yay, stack traces. Key part is gonna be right before it throws the exception - it's having trouble parsing XML:

Then further down at start of trace can see the exception is happening when it's trying to get settings during start:

Yup, i'm seeing a "SimShaker-export-core" folder with a few lua files and then the main SimShaker.lua in <saved games>\DCS\Scripts

im not seeing anything sim shaker related in my DCS folders.

So I'm guessing the installer is messing up