[Official] SimShaker for Aviators

So, as many of you, I encountered an issue with SSA after the install of the Hind module in EA (DCS 2.7 OB)

I have installed the SSA beta2.2.3 version from  f4I0 (by the way thx a lot for your work !!).

But At the end I am encountering the same issue.

I didn't uninstalled the previous stable installed version, could that be the cause ?

Thx a lot for the support...

Edited by Razorback

On 6/19/2021 at 5:40 AM, f4l0 said:

Here it is,

the new SSA beta 2.2.3 with the Hind. (https://1drv.ms/u/s!AldPAmClTeGqgRTg0X5Dm56J689L?e=17kiRF) Due to very hot weather I was not able to test everything in detail. It's already 32°C or 90°F in my room... I noticed the cannon effect does not work. DCS does not report the correct number of shells, might be an early access issue. ETL and VRS values might need adjustments as well. I'm looking forward to your feedback.

And thx for all the support 🙂

Ok, for those of us who are new to the Sim Shaker.  Is it necessary to uninstall the current version first or can this be installed over top of the old?  Will the existing input settings for all aircraft modules be wiped out and need to be redone?  If so, is there a way to save existing aircraft profiles?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Topgun505

Win 10 Pro 64-bit, Intel Core i7-8700k, Evga GTX 1080 FTW, 64 GB DDR4 RAM, Alienware 34" 2K LED, TrackIR 5 Pro, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Pro Rudder, Thrustmaster MFDs x3, Razer Nostromo n52.

5 minutes ago, Topgun505 said:

Ok, for those of us who are new to the Sim Shaker.  Is it necessary to uninstall the current version first or can this be installed over top of the old?  Will the existing input settings for all aircraft modules be wiped out and need to be redone?  If so, is there a way to save existing aircraft profiles?

Tbh I have no idea what I did. Repair is eventually what worked. I assume you can install over older versions having done that before. 

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

Same deal here - just installed the new Beta version and hit the Repair DCS output file or whatever it's called button and was all good.

Asus Maximus VIII Hero Alpha| i7-6700K @ 4.60GHz | nVidia GTX 1080ti Strix OC 11GB @ 2075MHz| 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200Mhz DDR4 CL14 |

Samsung 950 PRO 512GB M.2 SSD | Corsair Force LE 480GB SSD | Windows 10 64-Bit | TM Warthog with FSSB R3 Lighting Base | VKB Gunfighter Pro + MCG | TM MFD's | Oculus Rift S | Jetseat FSE

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

4 minutes ago, VampireNZ said:

Same deal here - just installed the new Beta version and hit the Repair DCS output file or whatever it's called button and was all good.

I think I currently have the Stable version installed, rather than the Beta, though.  That make any difference?  Or dump it in favor of Beta?

Topgun505

Win 10 Pro 64-bit, Intel Core i7-8700k, Evga GTX 1080 FTW, 64 GB DDR4 RAM, Alienware 34" 2K LED, TrackIR 5 Pro, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Pro Rudder, Thrustmaster MFDs x3, Razer Nostromo n52.

2 minutes ago, Topgun505 said:

I think I currently have the Stable version installed, rather than the Beta, though.  That make any difference?  Or dump it in favor of Beta?

Personally I am running the Beta to get the feedback for the new Hind as it is tweaked and updated, otherwise Stable is fine.

• Like 1

Asus Maximus VIII Hero Alpha| i7-6700K @ 4.60GHz | nVidia GTX 1080ti Strix OC 11GB @ 2075MHz| 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200Mhz DDR4 CL14 |

Samsung 950 PRO 512GB M.2 SSD | Corsair Force LE 480GB SSD | Windows 10 64-Bit | TM Warthog with FSSB R3 Lighting Base | VKB Gunfighter Pro + MCG | TM MFD's | Oculus Rift S | Jetseat FSE

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

18 hours ago, Razorback said:

I deleted the stable version, installed the beta and now all is working fine!

Thx a lot guys...

Did you have to redo all your feedback values for each aircraft?

Topgun505

On 5/24/2021 at 5:01 PM, cptsolo said:

Unfortunately SimShaker for aviators stopped working suddenly. When I start SimShaker for aviators (beta or stable), it suddenly generates a .NET Framework error message about an access viaolation to a socket:

System.Net.Sockets.SocketException (0x80004005): Der Zugriff auf einen Socket war aufgrund der Zugriffsrechte des Sockets unzulässig
   bei System.Net.Sockets.Socket.DoBind(EndPoint endPointSnapshot, SocketAddress socketAddress)
   bei System.Net.Sockets.Socket.Bind(EndPoint localEP)
   bei System.Net.Sockets.UdpClient..ctor(Int32 port, AddressFamily family)
   bei SimShaker.Core.DataProvider.XPlaneDataProvider..ctor(CallBackOnAircraftChange callBackOnAircraftChange, Action callbackPlayEffects, Action callbackStopEffects)
   bei SimShaker.Core.MasterManager..ctor(MainForm link)
   bei SimShaker.UI.MainForm..ctor()
   bei SimShaker.UI.AutoStarterForm.startSimShakerForDCSWorldToolStripMenuItem_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   bei System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.RaiseEvent(Object key, EventArgs e)
   bei System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripMenuItem.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   bei System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleClick(EventArgs e)
   bei System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
   bei System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEventInteractive(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
   bei System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEvent(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
   bei System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
   bei System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
   bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   bei System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
   bei System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.WndProc(Message& m)
   bei System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.WndProc(Message& m)
   bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   bei System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Geladene Assemblys **************
mscorlib

It used to work flawlessly and stopped suddenly. No reboot / reinstall of the software helped...

I got similar problem after windows pulled .NET update KB5003254

See the end of this message for details on invoking 
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.Net.Sockets.SocketException (0x80004005): An attempt was made to access a socket in a way forbidden by its access permissions
   at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.DoBind(EndPoint endPointSnapshot, SocketAddress socketAddress)
   at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.Bind(EndPoint localEP)
   at System.Net.Sockets.UdpClient..ctor(Int32 port, AddressFamily family)
   at SimShaker.Core.DataProvider.XPlaneDataProvider..ctor(CallBackOnAircraftChange callBackOnAircraftChange, Action callbackPlayEffects, Action callbackStopEffects)
   at SimShaker.Core.MasterManager..ctor(MainForm link)
   at SimShaker.UI.MainForm..ctor()
   at SimShaker.UI.AutoStarterForm.timer1_Tick(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Timer.OnTick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Timer.TimerNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
    Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 4.8.4360.0 built by: NET48REL1LAST_C
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
SimShaker for Aviators
    Assembly Version: 2.2.0.0
    Win32 Version: 2.2.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///S:/Program%20Files/SimShaker/SimShaker%20for%20Aviators/SimShaker%20for%20Aviators.exe
System.Windows.Forms
    Win32 Version: 4.8.4341.0 built by: NET48REL1LAST_C
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Drawing
    Win32 Version: 4.8.4084.0 built by: NET48REL1
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
NLog
    Win32 Version: 4.7.6.12219
    CodeBase: file:///S:/Program%20Files/SimShaker/SimShaker%20for%20Aviators/NLog.DLL
System.Configuration
    Win32 Version: 4.8.4190.0 built by: NET48REL1LAST_B
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
System.Core
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
System.Xml
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
System.Data
    Win32 Version: 4.8.4270.0 built by: NET48REL1LAST_C
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_32/System.Data/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Data.dll
System.ServiceModel
    Win32 Version: 4.8.4250.0 built by: NET48REL1LAST_C
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.ServiceModel/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.ServiceModel.dll
System.Runtime.Serialization
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Runtime.Serialization/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Runtime.Serialization.dll
Accessibility
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Accessibility/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Accessibility.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
    <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

• Like 2

Take a look my mods :joystick: 

dcs_footer500.jpg

CPU: i7 7700 | GPU: GeForce GTX 1080 8GB DDR5 | Motherboard: ASUSTeK PRIME B250M-A | RAM: 2x16GB DDR4-2400 | Output: Kingston HyperX Cloud II | Edifier C2XD 2.1 | Controlls: Saitek X-56 Rhino | Saitek Flight Rudder Pedals | Saitek Multi/Radio/Switch Panels | Thrustmaster MFD Cougar | Elgato Stream Deck XL | OpenTrack with LaserClip | VoiceAttack with VAICOM Pro plugin

On 6/17/2021 at 1:20 AM, moridar said:

I second that. I'm dying without SimShaker in the Hind. Is there any way to just fall back to the defaults if the detected aircraft is not recognized? I miss it in the T-45 and A-4 as well, and then we wouldn't have to wait for an update every time a new aircraft is released.

I'm sure it's more complicated than I think it is, but just a thought 🙂

+1. But i know that will take a lot of work.

Stays as a wish due the T-45C being such a great mod par with SSA.

Nevertheless thank you f410 for your work.

- "Don't be John Wayne in the Break if you´re going to be Jerry Lewis on the Ball".

About carrier ops: "The younger pilots are still quite capable of holding their heads forward against the forces. The older ones have been doing this too long and know better; sore necks make for poor sleep.'

PC: I7 4790K 4.6ghz | 32GB RAM | Zotac GTX 1080Ti 11Gb DDR5x | Water cooler NZXT AIO Kraken x53 | 3.5TB (x4 SSD´s) | Valve Index| Andre´s JeatSeat.

Thanks f410.

Good to have the Hind Vibrating!

Does the SSA software not auto update?

I uninstalled V 1.13 or V 1.31 or something around those numbers. 🙂

Thanks again for your hard work.

HP G2 Reverb, Windows 10 VR settings: IPD is 64.5mm, High image quality, G2 reset to 60Hz refresh rate as standard. OpenXR user, Open XR tool kit disabled. Open XR was a massive upgrade for me.

DCS: Pixel Density 1.0, Forced IPD at 55 (perceived world size), 0 X MSAA, 0 X SSAA. My real IPD is 64.5mm. Prescription VROptition lenses installed. VR Driver system: I9-9900KS 5Ghz CPU. XI Hero motherboard and RTX 3090 graphics card, 64 gigs Ram, No OC at the mo. MT user  (2 - 5 fps gain). DCS run at 60Hz.

Vaicom user. Thrustmaster warthog user. MFG pedals with damper upgrade.... and what an upgrade! Total controls Apache MPDs set to virtual Reality height with brail enhancements to ensure 100% button activation in VR.. Simshaker Jet Pro vibration seat.. Uses data from DCS not sound.... you know when you are dropping into VRS with this bad boy.

3 hours ago, Rogue Trooper said:

Thanks f410.

In the Service tab you can check "Check for update on startup". Then you will be prompted every time there is a new update available.

AMD 5800X3D · MSI 4080 · Asus ROG Strix B550 Gaming  · HP Reverb Pro · 1Tb M.2 NVMe, 32Gb Corsair Vengence 3600MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · VIRPIL T-50CM3 Base, Alpha Prime R. VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Base. JetSeat

4 hours ago, Rogue Trooper said:

Thanks f410.

You are on a really old version. I switched to a classic installer a year or more ago... Thus the old update does not work anymore 😉 Please download the beta from https://1drv.ms/f/s!AldPAmClTeGqcB3fFPneMUkxlDc

Edited by f4l0

15 hours ago, f4l0 said:

You are on a really old version. I switched to a classic installer a year or more ago... Thus the old update does not work anymore 😉 Please download the beta from https://1drv.ms/f/s!AldPAmClTeGqcB3fFPneMUkxlDc

I am up to date now and installed the new SSA Beta a couple of days ago. 

The old software seemed to work just fine for a year and a half on my new PC. It recently started to cause problems.... as every one else is seeing.

With every update, does the new install/update wipe the Vibration settings for each module or is there a way to save and reload the each modules settings?

I think I know the answer..... no.

🙂

HP G2 Reverb, Windows 10 VR settings: IPD is 64.5mm, High image quality, G2 reset to 60Hz refresh rate as standard. OpenXR user, Open XR tool kit disabled. Open XR was a massive upgrade for me.

DCS: Pixel Density 1.0, Forced IPD at 55 (perceived world size), 0 X MSAA, 0 X SSAA. My real IPD is 64.5mm. Prescription VROptition lenses installed. VR Driver system: I9-9900KS 5Ghz CPU. XI Hero motherboard and RTX 3090 graphics card, 64 gigs Ram, No OC at the mo. MT user  (2 - 5 fps gain). DCS run at 60Hz.

Vaicom user. Thrustmaster warthog user. MFG pedals with damper upgrade.... and what an upgrade! Total controls Apache MPDs set to virtual Reality height with brail enhancements to ensure 100% button activation in VR.. Simshaker Jet Pro vibration seat.. Uses data from DCS not sound.... you know when you are dropping into VRS with this bad boy.

20 hours ago, Rogue Trooper said:

I am up to date now and installed the new SSA Beta a couple of days ago. 

The old software seemed to work just fine for a year and a half on my new PC. It recently started to cause problems.... as every one else is seeing.

With every update, does the new install/update wipe the Vibration settings for each module or is there a way to save and reload the each modules settings?

I think I know the answer..... no.

🙂

No, SSA should keep the settings, however. It's always a good idea to backup important stuff from time to time 😉

Just saw in Hind updates... 

• Ammo counter panel implemented

Brrrrttttttt 🥳

• Like 3

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

On 6/27/2021 at 8:57 PM, emc said:

I got similar problem after windows pulled .NET update KB5003254

See the end of this message for details on invoking 
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.Net.Sockets.SocketException (0x80004005): An attempt was made to access a socket in a way forbidden by its access permissions
   at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.DoBind(EndPoint endPointSnapshot, SocketAddress socketAddress)
   at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.Bind(EndPoint localEP)
   at System.Net.Sockets.UdpClient..ctor(Int32 port, AddressFamily family)
   at SimShaker.Core.DataProvider.XPlaneDataProvider..ctor(CallBackOnAircraftChange callBackOnAircraftChange, Action callbackPlayEffects, Action callbackStopEffects)
   at SimShaker.Core.MasterManager..ctor(MainForm link)
   at SimShaker.UI.MainForm..ctor()
   at SimShaker.UI.AutoStarterForm.timer1_Tick(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Timer.OnTick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Timer.TimerNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
SimShaker for Aviators
    Assembly Version: 2.2.0.0
    Win32 Version: 2.2.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///S:/Program%20Files/SimShaker/SimShaker%20for%20Aviators/SimShaker%20for%20Aviators.exe
System.Windows.Forms
    Win32 Version: 4.8.4341.0 built by: NET48REL1LAST_C
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Drawing
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
NLog
    Win32 Version: 4.7.6.12219
    CodeBase: file:///S:/Program%20Files/SimShaker/SimShaker%20for%20Aviators/NLog.DLL
System.Configuration
    Win32 Version: 4.8.4190.0 built by: NET48REL1LAST_B
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
System.Core
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
System.Xml
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
System.Data
    Win32 Version: 4.8.4270.0 built by: NET48REL1LAST_C
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_32/System.Data/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Data.dll
System.ServiceModel
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.ServiceModel/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.ServiceModel.dll
System.Runtime.Serialization
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Runtime.Serialization/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Runtime.Serialization.dll
Accessibility
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Accessibility/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Accessibility.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
    <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

Do you still have this issue? Looks like something is using the port SSA likes to use...

Received the notification to update the software but the SSA wont launch at all using the latest version. I reinstalled the previous version which does "work" but not in all circumstances - I don't get any feeling for gears up, guns or rolling on the tarmac - g effect buffet, AB does appear to work. Any thoughts?

Hi @f4l0 I've been playing with the turbulence editor a fair bit lately trying to tune my experience, it's very cool. The thresholds are nicely configurable and the effect configuration works but I've got some ideas that might help people tune their output to provide more of the thump you get with turbulence IRL. 

I've found if I leave the jetpad off and only output to my transducer it provides a more realistic feeling as the buzz from the jetpad is not indicative of turbulence. 

What would help would be an option in the configurator to tune the frequency of the effect as well as the threshold and magnitude, this would allow you to tune the overall feel to generate more of thump for your particular configuration.

• Like 1

On 7/6/2021 at 9:30 AM, PeneCruz said:

Hi @f4l0 I've been playing with the turbulence editor a fair bit lately trying to tune my experience, it's very cool. The thresholds are nicely configurable and the effect configuration works but I've got some ideas that might help people tune their output to provide more of the thump you get with turbulence IRL. 

I've found if I leave the jetpad off and only output to my transducer it provides a more realistic feeling as the buzz from the jetpad is not indicative of turbulence. 

What would help would be an option in the configurator to tune the frequency of the effect as well as the threshold and magnitude, this would allow you to tune the overall feel to generate more of thump for your particular configuration.

Changing the frequency of a effect is a Sound Module thing. Since I'm not the developer of the module I can not help. However, you can edit the effect files to your liking...

On 7/6/2021 at 9:36 AM, PeneCruz said:

Also is there an explanation of how the auto scale feature works?

Auto Scale is just the scaling for the axis of the graph.