[Official] SimShaker for Aviators

1 hour ago, FoxTwo said:

Try setting it to 100ms or 250ms.

Pretty sure this is the reporting limiter for simshaker, not a graphical frame rate limiter for the game. Could be wrong though.

Oh ok mate will give that a shot - is there any impact on quality on the feedback/bass? I'll try anyway and let you know so cheers for the suggestion. I've also got another post inbound on my set up if we have any audiophiles amongst us!

EVGA GTX1080TISC2 Black Hybrid Cooler, Asus Strix X399, Water cooled ThreadRipper 1920X, Dominator 32GB 3200Mhz,NVME Samsung 250/500GB SSDs, Corsair Air 740 case, Acer Predator 34' Gsync curved display + 3x Alienware 23inch 120hz monitors. TM HOTAS, RAZER - Tiamat,Blackwidow, Mamba, Tartarus and Oculus Rift CV1/DK2 + TrackIR5, MFG crosswinds

Oh and a very understanding wife.

New topic!

In addition to seeking some help with my issues with FPS above, thought I'd take the opportunity to ask the audience for some advice on whether I've got the right/best set up for my current DCS solution. At the moment I'm relatively happy with the amount of vibration I'm getting from the set up but I never feel as though I'm getting that really low bass through the transducers. I'm also not happy with the AMP as I'm thinking that to make things tidy I'm thinking of using a car amp which seems to be much neater and smaller.

My setup is:

CPU AMD5900X
GPU 6900XT
Win10
NVME 250GB
SSD 1TB
HDD 4TB
SSA for Aviators
Paid Sound Module (Andre)
1x Add on Creative SoundBlaster ZxR
I've got 4x tactile transucers - two BS200Is from Reckhorn and two BS301-Lsfrom Rockwood, all of them are 4 Ohm. All of these are attached to a custom MDF Ejector Seat (ACES2)
2x Reckhorns in series to the left
2x Rockwoods in series to the right
Attached to an Auna AMP at 390RMS max with potential for 16OHM impedence depending on configuration
I've got the AMP leads connected to the SoundBlaster into the L/R jacks of the sound blaster card from the DVD jacks of the AMP.

Questions:

1. If I do go for a car amp - will that work or would I need to change things around?
  2. Is a series connection for TWO transucers the best setup or is there any other configuration where I'd get more bass/power from them?
  3. Is connecting the AMP inputs to the L/R jacks of the sound card the best thing to do or should I be inserting them/splitting them up in to the sub/rear left/right for a 5.1 set up?
  4. What else can I do to improve my usage of the 4 transducers or suggestions on any other setup changes?

Any help/advice is welcomed

thanks all

Ward8124

EVGA GTX1080TISC2 Black Hybrid Cooler, Asus Strix X399, Water cooled ThreadRipper 1920X, Dominator 32GB 3200Mhz,NVME Samsung 250/500GB SSDs, Corsair Air 740 case, Acer Predator 34' Gsync curved display + 3x Alienware 23inch 120hz monitors. TM HOTAS, RAZER - Tiamat,Blackwidow, Mamba, Tartarus and Oculus Rift CV1/DK2 + TrackIR5, MFG crosswinds

Oh and a very understanding wife.

1 hour ago, hasole said:

Is unlimited ammo on the feature request list?  Just spent a few hours trying to figure this out until I found this thread.  Thanks

It works by tracking the difference in rounds you have left. No round counter decrease, no effect to track.

I'd like to report some issues I've run into using the F14-B and Simshaker, and ask if there is any solution:
1- The Landing Gear (in/out/lock) sound doesn't match the in-game event. While the gears take little time to deploy in-game, the sound/vibration stays for a lot, lot longer.
2- After an Eject event, Simshaker stops working (program still runs but no longer triggers any sound) and has to be restarted.
3- Failure/damage effect not triggering.
4- Flaps movement effect not triggering.
5- Refuel boom vibration doesn’t quite match the boom in and out points.
6- Wing movement effect not triggering.
7- Also, a suggestion that I would love to see implemented if possible, would be a TEST button next to each item in Simshakers list of sounds, so that it's easier to test the sound and fine tune the volume without having to jump into the game and recreate the event every time.

AMD Ryzen 9 5900X | Asus ROG Strix B550-F | Asus GeForce RTX 3080 | HyperX 32GB DDR4 3200MHz | SSD Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB M.2 NVMe | TrackIR 5 | Oculus Rift S | Thrustmaster T16000M FCS Flight Pack

40 minutes ago, tagomago said:

I'd like to report some issues I've run into using the F14-B and Simshaker, and ask if there is any solution:
1- The Landing Gear (in/out/lock) sound doesn't match the in-game event. While the gears take little time to deploy in-game, the sound/vibration stays for a lot, lot longer.
2- After an Eject event, Simshaker stops working (program still runs but no longer triggers any sound) and has to be restarted.
7- Also, a suggestion that I would love to see implemented if possible, would be a TEST button next to each item in Simshakers list of sounds, so that it's easier to test the sound and fine tune the volume without having to jump into the game and recreate the event every time.

Following, because it´s ofe of the modules where the creators worked very close with SSA author. I have never tried then landing gear effect while in f2 view to check the timing. Is that single player or MP?
I can confirm wing movement works on my side.

i5 8400 | 32 Gb RAM | RTX 2080Ti | Virpil Mongoose T-50 base w/ Warthog & Hornet sticks | Warthog throttle | Cougar throttle USB | DIY Collective | Virpil desk mount | VKB T-Rudder Mk IV | Oculus Rift S | Buddy-Fox A-10 UFC | 3x TM MFDs | 2x bass shakers pedal plate| SIMple SIMpit chair | WinWing TakeOff panel | PointCTRL v2 | Andre JetSeat | Winwing Hornet UFC | Winwing Viper ICP

FC3 - Warthog - F-5E - Harrier - NTTR - Hornet - Tomcat - Huey - Viper - C-101 - PG - Hip - SuperCarrier - Syria - Warthog II - Hind - South Atlantic - Sinai - Strike Eagle

7 hours ago, Ala12Rv-Tundra said:

Following, because it´s ofe of the modules where the creators worked very close with SSA author. I have never tried then landing gear effect while in f2 view to check the timing. Is that single player or MP?
I can confirm wing movement works on my side.

I haven’t tried MP, but can confirm these issues in SP. Normally these effects when triggered appear in SSA’s verbose log, but the ones I mention don’t even register there.

The landing gear effect you can fee it’s wrong even in f1 view, the lg indicator in the instrument panel already shows the gear in/out but the effect stays playing for some extra 20/30secs.

However I’ll check it the wing movement once again and report back.

Edited by tagomago

AMD Ryzen 9 5900X | Asus ROG Strix B550-F | Asus GeForce RTX 3080 | HyperX 32GB DDR4 3200MHz | SSD Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB M.2 NVMe | TrackIR 5 | Oculus Rift S | Thrustmaster T16000M FCS Flight Pack

On 9/3/2021 at 11:17 AM, tagomago said:

Thanks for the feedback. I'll have a look some time to see if I can time the gear effect a bit better...
Eject issues is a known issue. Currently DCS does not send SSA a good event to notice that you are ejected...

Damage effect modelling could be improved...

Flaps/Wing movement is modelled but you can adjust the filter settings (the speed of movement needed to trigger the effect). I increased the default values a bit due to user feedback...

A test button would be nice, but depending on data, different sound/effect files are used thus it's not that easy... But maybe in the future 😉

On 8/31/2021 at 3:16 AM, FoxTwo said:

Have you tried playing with the frame rate limiter in special options?

Screenshot 2021-08-30 211539.png

The frame limiter is on the receiving side. If here is a good lua programmer with deep DCS knowledge any help is appreciated 🙂

The Simshaker doesn’t work with the Su-25T, Su-25, Su-27, A-10A, in fact, it doesn’t work with planes that I guess should use a generic profile. A10C, F/A-18, F-15C, Bf-109 etc. work perfectly.

I couldn't find a similar problem on the forum so I'm wondering if anyone knows a solution?

I use DCS 2.7.5.10869 Open Beta, SimShaker for Aviators 2.2.0.0 and Sound Module 2.26.

1 minute ago, dukovac said:

The Simshaker doesn’t work with the Su-25T, Su-25, Su-27, A-10A, in fact, it doesn’t work with planes that I guess should use a generic profile. A10C, F/A-18, F-15C, Bf-109 etc. work perfectly.

I couldn't find a similar problem on the forum so I'm wondering if anyone knows a solution?

I use DCS 2.7.5.10869 Open Beta, SimShaker for Aviators 2.2.0.0 and Sound Module 2.26.

Could you show me the DCS logs and SSA logs? Your export.lua might be useful aswell...

@Andre Hi andre. Been having a problem with the viggen since i started using simshaker for dcs. The problem is located at the g feeling gain. The lowest i can run it while still getting some amount of g effects is at level 10 and it is too low to be honest haha. When i run the g feeling any level higher than 10 i have to lower the control handle knob down to much which ofc impacts all other effects negatively. And keeping it at 10 is doable but since i have to keep the control knob turned down more than half it still doesnt provide enough effect in my experience for the other effects. Is there somewhere i can adjust the actual G effect gain or do you mind taking a look 🙂 

PS. I know i asked this in your IL2 thread already about buying spare motors but i cant find them at the store for some reason. Nothing broken yet just want to buy some if the accident happen so im still able to repair it quick and start to use it again quicker haha.

1 hour ago, lassekongo said:

@Andre Hi andre. Been having a problem with the viggen since i started using simshaker for dcs. The problem is located at the g feeling gain. The lowest i can run it while still getting some amount of g effects is at level 10 and it is too low to be honest haha. When i run the g feeling any level higher than 10 i have to lower the control handle knob down to much which ofc impacts all other effects negatively. And keeping it at 10 is doable but since i have to keep the control knob turned down more than half it still doesnt provide enough effect in my experience for the other effects. Is there somewhere i can adjust the actual G effect gain or do you mind taking a look 🙂 

PS. I know i asked this in your IL2 thread already about buying spare motors but i cant find them at the store for some reason. Nothing broken yet just want to buy some if the accident happen so im still able to repair it quick and start to use it again quicker haha.

Hi,

I'm not a guy who develops SimShaker for Aviators.

Regarding the spare motors. The motors may be different. First, I need to see a picture of the motors you need.

Gametrix JetSeats thread (in English) ,

SimShaker addon for bass-shakers thread (in English),

Andre's blog, downloads, manuals (in English).

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

27 minutes ago, MrAnderson89 said:

Hey, 

the one from Andre's blog:

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AldPAmClTeGqbxzEH5Hl-uswPrQ?e=JRoq9L

Element is not available -> message from the onedrive

Hmmm... I can see that it's fine

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

10 hours ago, =Andre= said:

Hi,

I'm not a guy who develops SimShaker for Aviators.

Regarding the spare motors. The motors may be different. First, I need to see a picture of the motors you need.

Okay who develops simshaker aviators ?

Will try to take a pic tomorrow 👍🏻

Regarding the g feeling effect you dont have any settings tips ?

2 hours ago, lassekongo said:

Okay who develops simshaker aviators ?

it would be logical to assume that this topic starter.

2 hours ago, lassekongo said:

Regarding the g feeling effect you dont have any settings tips ?

Please read starting from the penultimate post at the page 140. May be that helps.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

On 9/14/2021 at 6:48 AM, lassekongo said:

What do you mean by 10? Is it the strength? There is also a threshold for the g-effect in the settings...
Does this "issue" only happen with the Viggen?

20 minutes ago, Talisman_VR said:

Hi f410,

A quick question for you if you would be so kind.  When do you think we might be able to feel the rumble in the Mosquito cockpit with your fantastic SimShaker? :joystick:

Thank you in anticipation.

Happy landings,

Talisman

Very much this,  shows how much your software aids in the flying of these birds, cant fly without it.

• Like 1

Intel 8700k @5ghz, 32gb ram, 1080ti, Rift S

On 9/14/2021 at 2:20 PM, =Andre= said:

Hmmm... I can see that it's fine

For me it's gone too. Please try incognito mode, you might have special permissions.

@f4l0 new version is reported by 2.2.4.0, but OneDrive reports empty/unavailable file. Could you please check?

6 hours ago, necr said:

For me it's gone too. Please try incognito mode, you might have special permissions.

@f4l0 new version is reported by 2.2.4.0, but OneDrive reports empty/unavailable file. Could you please check?

2.2.5 is the current beta version-> https://1drv.ms/f/s!AldPAmClTeGqcPhSkJhHNXS4pRM

14 hours ago, Enduro14 said:

Very much this,  shows how much your software aids in the flying of these birds, cant fly without it.

I'm downloading the update now 🙂

I need to buy the bird first..

Edited by f4l0
  • Like 4