[Official] SimShaker for Aviators

3 hours ago, =Andre= said:

Hello Erik,

have you got the ASIO driver installed?

Hi Andre, thanks for the response. 

for the life of me, I don’t know. Before I did a hardware upgrade I had installed ASIO4ALL, but didn’t have any luck with that. If at all possible, I’d like to keep with a Creative (signed) driver, rather than a third-party one, but they’re pretty opaque about how to go about it. The only distributable they have is their Control Panel app, which installs all the drivers needed (but apparently not ASIO?). There are some settings which disable ASIO functionality, so I was curious if there was more to be done. 

I know this sounds like a question for Creative, but I was hoping someone here had had the experience with its implementation in SSA. 

Erik

i9 11900K :: 32GB G.Skill Trident DDR4-3200 :: Corsair water loop ::  Samsung 2TB 980pro nvme :: Gigabyte Aorus 3090 Waterblock :: Gigabyte Aorus Z590 Xtreme MoBo :: HP Reverb G2 VR

VKB Gunfighter flightstick and collective :: TM Warthog throttle & MFDs :: MFG Crosswind pedals :: 5 Dayton Audio bass shakers on 5.1 home theater amp

Win10 Pro x64 :: DCS 2.7 (Huey & P-51, mainly; have all the other rotors, but haven't explored their depths as yet)

57 minutes ago, Ainuke said:

Hi Andre, thanks for the response. 

for the life of me, I don’t know. Before I did a hardware upgrade I had installed ASIO4ALL, but didn’t have any luck with that. If at all possible, I’d like to keep with a Creative (signed) driver, rather than a third-party one, but they’re pretty opaque about how to go about it. The only distributable they have is their Control Panel app, which installs all the drivers needed (but apparently not ASIO?). There are some settings which disable ASIO functionality, so I was curious if there was more to be done. 

I know this sounds like a question for Creative, but I was hoping someone here had had the experience with its implementation in SSA. 

Erik

ASIO4ALL seems to be straight forward, if it works.

The issue with ASIO4ALL is that in some cases it just don't work and it may be hard to understand what to do to make it working.

Gametrix JetSeats thread (in English) ,

SimShaker addon for bass-shakers thread (in English),

Andre's blog, downloads, manuals (in English).

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Now what.... Man I have had so many issues getting this to work 100%.  Love it when it does, but sometimes works and sometimes doesn't.  Was working again for awhile and now I am getting the below.  I will try uninstalling and reinstalling again.  Maybe a DCS or windows update screwed something up? 

Image 2021-10-15 at 1.38.19 PM.jpeg

2 hours ago, *Moxie* said:

Now what.... Man I have had so many issues getting this to work 100%.  Love it when it does, but sometimes works and sometimes doesn't.  Was working again for awhile and now I am getting the below.  I will try uninstalling and reinstalling again.  Maybe a DCS or windows update screwed something up? 

Image 2021-10-15 at 1.38.19 PM.jpeg

So I found a fix to my startup error messages with SimShaker for Aviators, I did install the beta but still received the errors.  The archive folder in my documents which stores the settings kept reverting back to read only.  I had to make a system change as highlighted here.  If any of you run into this, I hope it fixes it for you.  https://appuals.com/how-to-fix-folder-keeps-reverting-to-read-only-on-windows-10/

• Thanks 3

Good Evening

I was trying to make my jetseat work with the F104 mod.

The F104 is not supported by simshaker for aviators, so I tried it in sound mode, but unfortunately for some reason only the left side motors work, all the right side motors are not moving.

I know it's not a hardware problem because when I test the motors in usb mode or when I use any other supported aircraft in usb mode everything works as expected.

Any idea why ???

On 10/20/2021 at 5:50 PM, gianlu320 said:

Is there any plan to support the F104 in simshaker?

I support that request, simshaker would be perfect for the F104 from VSN (  https://discord.gg/gEVWrSb4gQ   /  *NEW* F-104G/S Starfighter Mod(EFM): Install, Setup & All Weapons Guide | DCS WORLD - YouTube  )

This is already a very popular mod, and think I a lot of us are looking for a way to emulate the stick shaker function that the real plane had to warn the pilot before a stall.

The mod is based on the F15 from the FC3 module, and the F15 plane already has stall shaking in Simshaker, so hopefully adding support for this mod won't be too difficult.

Hello,

Using simshaker version 2.2.8

On the mi-24p hind Payload release/missile launch cause a track ir plugged unplugged message in the top right corner of the screen

On top of there is a little freeze during that and no vibration

Landing gear seem to not work either

EDIT: After further  testing a lof of effect for hind isnt working, vortex and maybe other as i'm not sure and its my first helo

Edited by gregfp66

3 hours ago, redcoat22 said:

Are there any known issues with Windows 11 and SSA?  I can't get it to work and when I play a test with the sound module I see the green sound file but the buttkicker isn't activating.

No problems here. I had to re-assign the sound card for the sound module but that was all.

AMD 5800X3D · MSI 4080 · Asus ROG Strix B550 Gaming  · HP Reverb Pro · 1Tb M.2 NVMe, 32Gb Corsair Vengence 3600MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · VIRPIL T-50CM3 Base, Alpha Prime R. VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Base. JetSeat

I thought that this make bring a smile to some of you.

I've been using Simshaker with a Jetseat for around 3-4 years now.  Love it.

A couple of days ago, I re-arranged the cabling for my system.  Post that, my jetseat seemed to have stopped working.

Feeling a bit paranoid, I checked the cabling (all good), then assumed that it was software.  I ended up re-installing Simshaker, conducting a "repair" of DCS.  Couple of system reboots.  Tried different aircraft etc.

Then it occurred that it was working, just very softly.  So I spent more time checking out the settings by aircraft, going through the Jetseat and Simshaker software again.

Then finally it twigged.  Checked the rotary dial on the cable that's connected to the jetseat, and voila, plenty of buzzing and everything is bag to normal (i.e. brilliant).  I felt like a real muppet.

Edited by Mr_sukebe
  • Like 3

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

Server: i5 2500@3.9Ghz, 1080, 24GB DDR3, SSD.

On 10/21/2021 at 9:17 PM, sikjar said:

I support that request, simshaker would be perfect for the F104 from VSN (  https://discord.gg/gEVWrSb4gQ   /  *NEW* F-104G/S Starfighter Mod(EFM): Install, Setup & All Weapons Guide | DCS WORLD - YouTube  )

This is already a very popular mod, and think I a lot of us are looking for a way to emulate the stick shaker function that the real plane had to warn the pilot before a stall.

The mod is based on the F15 from the FC3 module, and the F15 plane already has stall shaking in Simshaker, so hopefully adding support for this mod won't be too difficult.

Its actually easier than I thought, here's a workaround:

1. Open Simshaker for Aviators  and Simshaker Sound Module

2. Open DCS

3. Use notepad to open the file  user/savedGames/DCS(or openBeta)/Scripts/SimShaker.lua
4. Change the line

elseif obj.Name == "MiG-29A" or obj.Name == "MiG-29G" or obj.Name == "MiG-29S" or obj.Name == "Su-25" or obj.Name == "Su-25T" or obj.Name == "Su-27" or obj.Name == "Su-33" or obj.Name == "F-15C" or obj.Name == "A-10A" or obj.Name == "A-4E-C" or obj.Name == "J-11A" then

to

elseif obj.Name == "MiG-29A" or obj.Name == "VSN_F104G" or obj.Name == "MiG-29G" or obj.Name == "MiG-29S" or obj.Name == "Su-25" or obj.Name == "Su-25T" or obj.Name == "Su-27" or obj.Name == "Su-33" or obj.Name == "F-15C" or obj.Name == "A-10A" or obj.Name == "A-4E-C" or obj.Name == "J-11A" then

You have to edit it after opening DCS, because the program overwrites SimShaker.lua every time you open DCS. For the same reason you have to do this edit every time you have opened DCS.

5. Do a flight in the F-15C, so that Simshaker registers the current aircraft as an F-15C.

6. Then fly the VSN F-104G, with a little luck Simshaker thinks its the F-15C, and gives you feedback just like in the F-15C.

You have to follow the above sequence, otherwise it doesn't work.

Both  Simshaker for Aviators  and the demo version of Simshaker Sound Module are free, so you can try this without paying anything, if you have a Buttkicker or a similar device.

Here's a video I made to show that it actually works, the graph on the right side shows that stall shaking is activated when I overpull the plane and the angle of attack is too high: https://youtu.be/_YNyK_XYA7M?t=35

As far as I can see, it works like the stick shaker that the real F-104 had, to warn the pilot before the plane stalls.

Hopefully the developers of Simshaker can make a more permanent solution, it looks like it shouldn't be too difficult.

Edited by sikjar
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, sikjar said:

You have to edit it after opening DCS, because the program overwrites SimShaker.lua every time you open DCS. For the same reason you have to do this edit every time you have opened DCS.

I guess, if you edit original SimShaker.lua located in SimShaker for Aviators\Data subfolder you will not have to do that every time.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Love the program, 2 small bugs, first, the donate link just opens a blank page and I've tried googling and can't for the life of me find any donate links for your work, and second, my scripts to startup DCS and cleanup after DCS fail with SimShaker, because when I send a terminate signal with the taskkill command (not /f forced, just a regular taskkill), SimShaker mostly closes (like the notification tray icon is gone, and it doesn't operate when DCS is running), but remains a listed process. Then my startup script thinks it's already running and skips it. 

I dunno how hard it is to handle the taskkill event the same way you handle choosing exit from the notification tray, because that works fine.

Or if you don't leave files open or anything, maybe it's safe to just force terminate simshaker with the /f option? Or is there any other preferred means of closing it from the command line?

Edit to add, I'm on what I believe is the current beta

Edited by Meatshield

So i've been using SS flawlessly for almost a year now, but seemly out of the blue it stops working about 5-10 minutes into the game. Closing a re-opening the program doesn't fix it either, i have to leave server and rejoin in order for it to work again. Any ideas what is going on?

Modules: F-14A/B | F-15C | F-16C | F/A-18C | SU-33 | Spitfire Mk IX | AH-64D | UH-1 | Super Carrier | Combined Arms | Persian Gulf | Syria | NTTR

Setup: VKB Gunfighter Mk.III F-14 CE HOTAS | Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle | MFG Crosswind V3 | Custom switch panel | Tek Creations F14 Display Panel | Custom F14 Left Vertical Console | Custom IR Tracker | Custom butt kicker

PC: i7 11700K | 64GB G-Skill DDR4 3600MHz | EVGA GeForce RTX 3080Ti FTW3 | DCS dedicated 2TB M.2 NVMe SSD | 3440x1440 144hz 34" ultrawide

6 hours ago, Meatshield said:

Love the program, 2 small bugs, first, the donate link just opens a blank page and I've tried googling and can't for the life of me find any donate links for your work, and second, my scripts to startup DCS and cleanup after DCS fail with SimShaker, because when I send a terminate signal with the taskkill command (not /f forced, just a regular taskkill), SimShaker mostly closes (like the notification tray icon is gone, and it doesn't operate when DCS is running), but remains a listed process. Then my startup script thinks it's already running and skips it. 

I dunno how hard it is to handle the taskkill event the same way you handle choosing exit from the notification tray, because that works fine.

Or if you don't leave files open or anything, maybe it's safe to just force terminate simshaker with the /f option? Or is there any other preferred means of closing it from the command line?

Edit to add, I'm on what I believe is the current beta

The donation link should open your mail program thus you can contact me, to discuss the details...

Regarding the task kill, I'll have a look and see what I can do... The SSA looks for a running DCS process, maybe you need to close DCS first and then at some wait time in you script?

3 hours ago, Hector45 said:

So i've been using SS flawlessly for almost a year now, but seemly out of the blue it stops working about 5-10 minutes into the game. Closing a re-opening the program doesn't fix it either, i have to leave server and rejoin in order for it to work again. Any ideas what is going on?

Do you get any error messages? Is there something strange in the log files? Does this also happen in single player?

5 hours ago, f4l0 said:

The donation link should open your mail program thus you can contact me, to discuss the details...

Regarding the task kill, I'll have a look and see what I can do... The SSA looks for a running DCS process, maybe you need to close DCS first and then at some wait time in you script?

Do you get any error messages? Is there something strange in the log files? Does this also happen in single player?

Multiplayer and single player, no error messages.

Modules: F-14A/B | F-15C | F-16C | F/A-18C | SU-33 | Spitfire Mk IX | AH-64D | UH-1 | Super Carrier | Combined Arms | Persian Gulf | Syria | NTTR

Setup: VKB Gunfighter Mk.III F-14 CE HOTAS | Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle | MFG Crosswind V3 | Custom switch panel | Tek Creations F14 Display Panel | Custom F14 Left Vertical Console | Custom IR Tracker | Custom butt kicker

PC: i7 11700K | 64GB G-Skill DDR4 3600MHz | EVGA GeForce RTX 3080Ti FTW3 | DCS dedicated 2TB M.2 NVMe SSD | 3440x1440 144hz 34" ultrawide

Somehow my jetpad doesn’t get any signal from SS but there are no error messages or anything (as far as I can tell or maybe I’m looking at the wrong place). I tried to reinstall it once with the new stable version once with the new beta version but didn't work. The Gametrix test button works but not the SS test button. SS recognizes my jetpad and has the status ok. It worked in the past but then I stopped playing DCS for a while and now it doesn’t work anymore. Am I doing something wrong or am I forgetting something?

Edited by Puppy1262

3 minutes ago, Puppy1262 said:

The Gametrix test button works but not the SS test button. SS recognizes my jetpad and has the status ok.

It looks like there is no connection between the SSA and Seat Handler app. What if you TEMPORARILY disable firewall software and try again?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

5 hours ago, Hector45 said:

Multiplayer and single player, no error messages.

Could you please send me the log file which should be in the installation folder of SSA...

Are there any plans to get official support for the F104 Starfighter (mentioned above) and also the Hercules mod without having to edit a LUA every load up? 

PC: ASUS TUF 4090oc - Ryzen 7950X3D - 32gb DDR5 6000 - Quest Pro

Sims: DCS, IL2, MSFS

Pilot Skill: Drunk guy from Independence Day

RIO Skill: Goose (post neck-break) 

I've run into a new problem after updating SSSM while using butt kicker and jet seat flying a hornet.

During start up everything works well. As soon as I get airborne I feel a constant vibration that reminded me of afterburn. With SSA open I uncheck all effects but the constant vibration continues. When I close DCS world the constant vibration continues until SSA and SSSM detects that DCS is no longer running and then the constant vibration stops.

I did try "DCS Repair Export" but it did not help. I poked around SSA and SSSM installation folders but don't see any logs.

Any advice?

Edited by evilnate