[Official] SimShaker for Aviators

On 11/13/2021 at 4:46 PM, f4l0 said:

Changelog

SimShaker for Aviators is free, if you like it, consider to support the project and donate.

All notable changes to this project will be documented in this file.

Version 2.3.0 – stable release

Added

• Mosquito added
  • DCS: Mi-24P Hind added
  • Engine effect damping/reduction if airborne added for jet and prop engines
  • New Turbulence Effect Editor, can be found in the Special Options tab

Changed

• Small modifications in data handling in export.lua for DCS
  • Jet Engine Effect slightly tuned
  • A4C AoA slightly tuned

Fixed

• A4C support fixed
  • Added .NET framework 4.8 as prerequisit for installer and application
  • Various small fixes

Are updates still automatic on launch?  Just checked mine and it says version 1.3.13.0

Do I have to activate an update somehow or download new version.  Thanks.

Happy landings,

Talisman

Bell_UH-1 side.png

5 minutes ago, Talisman_VR said:

Are updates still automatic on launch?  Just checked mine and it says version 1.3.13.0

Do I have to activate an update somehow or download new version.  Thanks.

Happy landings,

Talisman

The update system had been changed. Now one is just informed that there is a new version and prompted to download it.

You can get actual version at simshaker.com website if not prompted.

Gametrix JetSeats thread (in English) ,

SimShaker addon for bass-shakers thread (in English),

Andre's blog, downloads, manuals (in English).

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

2 hours ago, =Andre= said:

The update system had been changed. Now one is just informed that there is a new version and prompted to download it.

You can get actual version at simshaker.com website if not prompted.

Thanks.  I don't seem to be getting a prompt, but will go and get new version.  However, does this mean that all my current settings are lost and I will need to reset them?

Happy landings,

Talisman

Bell_UH-1 side.png

55 minutes ago, Talisman_VR said:

Thanks.  I don't seem to be getting a prompt, but will go and get new version.  However, does this mean that all my current settings are lost and I will need to reset them?

Happy landings,

Talisman

I don't think so. But you'd better backup the settings before you updated the version.

• Thanks 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

On 11/14/2021 at 9:37 PM, =Andre= said:

I don't think that's possible. But you can get back to the demo mode by temporarily renaming "\Documents\SimShaker for Aviators\Soundmodule.cfg" and re-check.

OK tested, you are right. There's no a difference.

Can't believe that I didn't try this software before. What this add to the VR is amazing.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

P8P67 Deluxe, i7 2700k@4700MHz, 32GB, GTX1080Ti, Win10, HP Reverb G2, TM Hotas from 2002 serial:03070.

On 11/3/2021 at 4:29 PM, NWGJulian said:

alright i think i have a mechanical failure 😞 only 3 vibration motors work when i test them with the SSA tool … i will have to investigate further tomorrow, cause indont have much time today, but is there a chance that this is a known problem @=Andre=?

i will measure the contacts tomorrow, but so far i cannot see anything obvious, like loose strips etc

image.jpg

I would remove power, pop the offending motor assembly apart and spray the motor with some electrical contact cleaner.
I have had a vibration motor get weak or seize up from time to time and this always gets them spinning again.

• Like 2

VF-31 Tomcatters

vf31-cat.jpg

http://www.csg-1.com/ | Discord

Am 19.11.2021 um 15:37 schrieb VF2 Subsonic:

I would remove power, pop the offending motor assembly apart and spray the motor with some electrical contact cleaner.
I have had a vibration motor get weak or seize up from time to time and this always gets them spinning again.

i sent the jetpad back to andre. 5 out of 8 motors are broken, its probably a problem with the control unit. very very unlikely to have 5 broken motors on the same time.

I recently started using SSA and sound module and the immersion is great. However, I noticed that the effective lift translation does not seem to work in mi-8. Especially in this heli when it gets at speed of ~50km/h you can hear the trembling but no vibes felt.

I can see the "effective transnational lift" in effect settings and whatever value I set nothing felt, is this implemented?

2 hours ago, dureiken said:

Hi there

I finally got my vibration seat for DCS !!

I am a little bit loss in settings and module. I installed Simshaker for aviators and sound module.

Is there any standard profile for modern jet ? F16 or F18 ? or I just use default one ?

Thanks a lot 🙂

Choose the module from the SSA menu and tune to your likings.
Some users uncheck all effects while flying and try each one individually.

i5 8400 | 32 Gb RAM | RTX 2080Ti | Virpil Mongoose T-50 base w/ Warthog & Hornet sticks | Warthog throttle | Cougar throttle USB | DIY Collective | Virpil desk mount | VKB T-Rudder Mk IV | Oculus Rift S | Buddy-Fox A-10 UFC | 3x TM MFDs | 2x bass shakers pedal plate| SIMple SIMpit chair | WinWing TakeOff panel | PointCTRL v2 | Andre JetSeat | Winwing Hornet UFC | Winwing Viper ICP

FC3 - Warthog - F-5E - Harrier - NTTR - Hornet - Tomcat - Huey - Viper - C-101 - PG - Hip - SuperCarrier - Syria - Warthog II - Hind - South Atlantic - Sinai - Strike Eagle

I agree totally with @Ala12Rv-Tundra.  There are also a couple of useful YouTube videos you can view if you search on Simshaker JetPad. 

Cheers.

• Do not own:  | F-15E | JF-17 | Fw 190 A-8 | Bf 109 |
  • Hardware:  [ - Ryzen7-5800X - 32GB - RX 6800 - X56 HOTAS Throttle -  WINWING Orion 2 F16EX Grip - TrackIR 5 - Tobii 5C - JetPad FSE - ]

My jetseat stopped working today.

Just says jetseat not detected?

I have tried installing the latest version - that wont launch at all so have gone back to the previous version.

Also tried updating the firmware as suggested on the website - this doesn't appear to update as described either.

Any thoughts?

On 11/25/2021 at 3:45 AM, YSIAD_RIP said:

I agree totally with @Ala12Rv-Tundra.  There are also a couple of useful YouTube videos you can view if you search on Simshaker JetPad. 

Cheers.

Thanks a lot, I used these settings to start and tweak.

Any interest in sound module ? hat does it brings more than DCS telemetry and usb ? thanks

6 hours ago, WinOrLose said:

My jetseat stopped working today.

Just says jetseat not detected?

I have tried installing the latest version - that wont launch at all so have gone back to the previous version.

Also tried updating the firmware as suggested on the website - this doesn't appear to update as described either.

Any thoughts?

Hi,

have you tried the other troubleshooting steps from the User Guide https://simshaker.com/guides/ ?

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

On 11/29/2021 at 6:21 AM, dureiken said:

Thanks a lot, I used these settings to start and tweak.

Any interest in sound module ? hat does it brings more than DCS telemetry and usb ? thanks

Only if you plan to add shakers and/or buttkickers.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

i5 8400 | 32 Gb RAM | RTX 2080Ti | Virpil Mongoose T-50 base w/ Warthog & Hornet sticks | Warthog throttle | Cougar throttle USB | DIY Collective | Virpil desk mount | VKB T-Rudder Mk IV | Oculus Rift S | Buddy-Fox A-10 UFC | 3x TM MFDs | 2x bass shakers pedal plate| SIMple SIMpit chair | WinWing TakeOff panel | PointCTRL v2 | Andre JetSeat | Winwing Hornet UFC | Winwing Viper ICP

FC3 - Warthog - F-5E - Harrier - NTTR - Hornet - Tomcat - Huey - Viper - C-101 - PG - Hip - SuperCarrier - Syria - Warthog II - Hind - South Atlantic - Sinai - Strike Eagle

7 minutes ago, vladimusmaximus said:

Noob question. Does this work with a Butt Kicker Gamer 2? For things like F14/16/18?

Yeah, but you'll need the Sound Module along with SimShaker. That puts out audio signal usable by whatever. I use it with 2 of the dayton audio bst-1 shakers.

• Like 3

Hi Folks,

Quick question if I may.  I am here:

SSA stable - OneDrive (live.com)

To update my current version, do I download the 'previous versions' dated 6 Feb and also the 13th November file, or just one of them?

Or top one first and then the bottom one, or the other way around?

Sorry if this is a stupid question but I don't want to mess things up and find I have lost my current out dated version and all my custom settings.

Happy landings,

Talisman

Edited by Talisman_VR

Bell_UH-1 side.png

I've got 4 Dayton Audio BST-1s just installed. Are there any recommended base adjustments to the settings/sliders for a good starting point? I've got the compressor enabled in settings since I get some pretty strong clipping from time to time without it.

I've been enjoying the added immersion from the two I initially installed, but just spent the time getting ASIO4ALL figured out and working so I could have 6.1.

In addition to the 4 BST-1s I have at the corners, I have one of the Dayton pucks, which I'm going to mount low on the joystick extension and feed only control surface related effects (stall, etc.) to I via the center channel. Also, I have an extra BST-1 set aside for a dedicated Huey door gunner controller to run off the sub channel. It looks like it should work, right? I can direct specific effects to specific channels like I see I can do in SimShaker-Wheels?

Thanks for all the help

Erik

i9 11900K :: 32GB G.Skill Trident DDR4-3200 :: Corsair water loop ::  Samsung 2TB 980pro nvme :: Gigabyte Aorus 3090 Waterblock :: Gigabyte Aorus Z590 Xtreme MoBo :: HP Reverb G2 VR

VKB Gunfighter flightstick and collective :: TM Warthog throttle & MFDs :: MFG Crosswind pedals :: 5 Dayton Audio bass shakers on 5.1 home theater amp

Win10 Pro x64 :: DCS 2.7 (Huey & P-51, mainly; have all the other rotors, but haven't explored their depths as yet)

7 hours ago, Ainuke said:

I've got 4 Dayton Audio BST-1s just installed. Are there any recommended base adjustments to the settings/sliders for a good starting point? I've got the compressor enabled in settings since I get some pretty strong clipping from time to time without it.

I've been enjoying the added immersion from the two I initially installed, but just spent the time getting ASIO4ALL figured out and working so I could have 6.1.

In addition to the 4 BST-1s I have at the corners, I have one of the Dayton pucks, which I'm going to mount low on the joystick extension and feed only control surface related effects (stall, etc.) to I via the center channel. Also, I have an extra BST-1 set aside for a dedicated Huey door gunner controller to run off the sub channel. It looks like it should work, right? I can direct specific effects to specific channels like I see I can do in SimShaker-Wheels?

Thanks for all the help

Erik

As far as I know, it doesn´t matter what output you choose to plug your shakers into. I might be wrong, so following your question.

On 12/4/2021 at 2:00 PM, tester said:

Hi.
Download and install the latest version. And settings can be saved, and then, if necessary, downloaded.

Sorry but that did not help answer my question.  I tried downloading the bottom file (13th Nov) on its own but that did not work 😞 and trying to understand why the term 'previous versions' is used on the top folder; why would I need previous versions?  It is rather confusing.

Still getting no joy trying to update and having to stick with old version 1.3.13.0 for now.

Happy landings,

Talisman

Bell_UH-1 side.png

Anyone had issues with Simshaker module not opening? Mine opened twice, then I selected a diff soundcard; it went to restart and hasn't opened since. Now throws some .NET error when I look at the logs. Pretty frustrated, was nearly setup to start testing this now can't do anything...

I'm on Windows 11

2021-12-06 2:22:25 PM Application: SimShakerSoundModule.exe
Framework Version: v4.0.30319
Description: The process was terminated due to an internal error in the .NET Runtime at IP 7295F01B (728B0000) with exit code 80131506.

-

2021-12-06 5:56:43 PM Application: SimShaker-Wings.exe
Framework Version: v4.0.30319
Description: The process was terminated due to an internal error in the .NET Runtime at IP 7202F01B (71F80000) with exit code 80131506.

Edited by vladimusmaximus

11 hours ago, Talisman_VR said:

Sorry but that did not help answer my question.  I tried downloading the bottom file (13th Nov) on its own but that did not work 😞 and trying to understand why the term 'previous versions' is used on the top folder; why would I need previous versions?  It is rather confusing.

Still getting no joy trying to update and having to stick with old version 1.3.13.0 for now.

Happy landings,

Talisman

I think the previous versions archive is handy for the case like yours. If one installed a fresh version and it didn't work and could rollback to the previous version easily.

What's the problem with the "13th Nov" version?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]