[Official] SimShaker for Aviators

On 12/20/2021 at 9:52 PM, AndyPeacock said:

Ah so it's broken at the moment? Is that a DCS change? I'm sure it used to be ok. Can I ask, how is the engine effect controlled? I assumed it was using the engine RPM, but the AV8BNA does not seem to export the RPM data in the simshaker.lua. I tried adding it in, but that didn't change anything. The fact I get some vibration without and entry suggests there is something magic happening as looking at the logged data from simshaker.lua, there doesn't appear to be any data for engine going out for the AV8BNA.

Also digging around, I notice there are no outputs in the simshaker.lua for stuff like gear moving, is there some other file that outputs this data or does SSA hook into that in some other way?

You might not be able to /  or want to share, but I would really like to get a better understanding of how this data flows from DCS through SSA into SSSM. 

Upon further digging and logging, I think I'm understanding it better now. I had assumed everything was pulled out of using simshaker.lua, but its actually exportcore that is responsible for sending the main cockpit instrument, and animation values (c and e) values that are sent via the Network.sendMessage function, (dropping the gear I can see e0, e3 and e5 go from 0 to 1 as the gear extends). So I assume that every module must have custom code within SSA to handle and map these values into an effect, which is then sent to SSSM.

Thanks.

Yeah, good catch 😉. That how it works...

On 12/21/2021 at 11:57 AM, HC_Official said:

any idea why this happens at launch ?

image.png

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception (0x80004005): The system cannot find the file specified
   at System.Diagnostics.Process.StartWithShellExecuteEx(ProcessStartInfo startInfo)
   at System.Diagnostics.Process.Start()
   at SimShaker.UI.ProcessManager.StartSeatHandler(String arguments)
   at SimShaker.UI.MainForm.Form1_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnCreateControl()
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl(Boolean fIgnoreVisible)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl()
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
    Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 4.8.4300.0 built by: NET48REL1LAST_C
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
SimShaker for Aviators
    Assembly Version: 2.3.0.0
    Win32 Version: 2.3.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/user/programs/SimShaker/SimShaker%20for%20Aviators.exe
System.Windows.Forms
    Win32 Version: 4.8.4270.0 built by: NET48REL1LAST_C
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System
    Win32 Version: 4.8.4300.0 built by: NET48REL1LAST_C
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Drawing
    Win32 Version: 4.8.3752.0 built by: NET48REL1
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
NLog
    Win32 Version: 4.7.11.13229
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Usersuser/programs/SimShaker/NLog.DLL
System.Configuration
    Win32 Version: 4.8.4190.0 built by: NET48REL1LAST_B
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
System.Core
    Win32 Version: 4.8.4320.0 built by: NET48REL1LAST_C
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
System.Xml
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
System.Data
    Win32 Version: 4.8.4270.0 built by: NET48REL1LAST_C
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_32/System.Data/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Data.dll
System.ServiceModel
    Win32 Version: 4.8.4250.0 built by: NET48REL1LAST_C
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.ServiceModel/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.ServiceModel.dll
System.Runtime.Serialization
    Win32 Version: 4.8.4250.0 built by: NET48REL1LAST_C
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Runtime.Serialization/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Runtime.Serialization.dll
Accessibility
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Accessibility/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Accessibility.dll
System.Xml.Linq
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml.Linq/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.Linq.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
    <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

Do you use autostart? When did this error occur?

4 hours ago, f4l0 said:

Yeah, good catch 😉. That how it works...

Do you use autostart? When did this error occur?

I do not use autostart, I start simshaker , and then start DCS, when DCS loads thats when the program crashes

No more pre-orders

Click here for tutorials for using Virpil Hardware and Software

Click here for Virpil Flight equipment dimensions and pictures.

F18 gun is also not working for me. I'm using the audio module but I don't see simshaker itself reporting any effects. There's no event happens and the "exerpimental" logger isn't showing anything either.

Had me confused for a while because I just moved my PC and was loading into a mission and firing the cannon to test it! 🙂

8 hours ago, dureiken said:

Anyway that @f4l0 you look at this problem of guns with F16 and F18 ? thanks 🙂

Still downloading the new open beta... Anyone else here having the same issue? SSA uses the data DCS provides. Maybe it's a bug on their side... Which DCS version do you use?

1 hour ago, f4l0 said:

Still downloading the new open beta... Anyone else here having the same issue? SSA uses the data DCS provides. Maybe it's a bug on their side... Which DCS version do you use?

last one 2.7.9

but was the same with previous one

thanks btw

23 minutes ago, dureiken said:

last one 2.7.9

but was the same with previous one

thanks btw

I just jumped into the F18C free flight mission and hit the gun trigger. The effect is working on my side... Do you have unlimited ammo enabled?

4 minutes ago, tester said:

Can't update, SSA is silent. Please give an update link.

DCS Version 2.7.9 is the latest version of DCS

SSA Version 2.3.1.0 is the latest version of SSA

There is nothing to update AFAIK

AMD 5800X3D · MSI 4080 · Asus ROG Strix B550 Gaming  · HP Reverb Pro · 1Tb M.2 NVMe, 32Gb Corsair Vengence 3600MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · VIRPIL T-50CM3 Base, Alpha Prime R. VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Base. JetSeat

11 минут назад, Baldrick33 сказал:

DCS Version 2.7.9 is the latest version of DCS

SSA Version 2.3.1.0 is the latest version of SSA

There is nothing to update AFAIK

Exactly. My mistake. Didn't read the message right... New Year's fuss... Thank you.

Edited by tester

I have an issue with SSA dropping out during flight randomly, if I test the vibe motors on the jet pad they work fine, if I test the sound module it also works fine with my bass shakers. It just appears to be disconnected from DCS, if I shutdown and restart SSA it does not detect the loaded module. I have to restart DCS for it to connect.

I have been using this config for a couple of years without issue, it appears to be something new either with DCS or SSA. I have reinstalled both SSA and the sound module, tried running them in admin. The disconnects are random and I can’t point to a single in game event.

anyone seen this or have any ideas?

3 hours ago, PeneCruz said:

I have an issue with SSA dropping out during flight randomly, if I test the vibe motors on the jet pad they work fine, if I test the sound module it also works fine with my bass shakers. It just appears to be disconnected from DCS, if I shutdown and restart SSA it does not detect the loaded module. I have to restart DCS for it to connect.

I have been using this config for a couple of years without issue, it appears to be something new either with DCS or SSA. I have reinstalled both SSA and the sound module, tried running them in admin. The disconnects are random and I can’t point to a single in game event.

anyone seen this or have any ideas?

Looks like rather a DCS issue than SSA.

Gametrix JetSeats thread (in English) ,

SimShaker addon for bass-shakers thread (in English),

Andre's blog, downloads, manuals (in English).

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

1 hour ago, =Andre= said:

Looks like rather a DCS issue than SSA.

Ok I think I worked it out, It seems to be staying connected now. When I upgraded from the last Beta to 2.3.0.0 stable it ended up with both stable and beta installed. This has never been an issue before for me. I checked the export.lua and there was a double up of the simshaker entries, I've uninstalled the old beta and ran a repair on the export lua and it looks normal now. loaded my other third part entries and I think it's fixed.
If not I'll report back after a DCS repair.

• Like 1

Hello, thank you to those that have made this cool product for sim enthusiasts to use.   I'm using SimShaker for Aviators and the sound module with DCS. Everything is working good.  I'm wondering if there is more info about these options on the Special Options tab. I cannot find documentation about these. 

image.png

Reduce engine effects is understood - I assume this is %, but does this work with the sound module or no? I don't feel much change with this setting.

Is there any explanation of these 3 filter settings? What are the effects of these filters?

Is there an explanation for how to use the turbulence configurator?

• Like 2

Приветствую! Подскажите пожалуйста кто сможет. Почему при запуске dcs world simsheker запускается и работают и вибронакидка и задотряс. Но через некоторое время они перестают работать. Тест показывает, что они работают в тесте, а от dcs сигналы на них не идут. может другие сигналы от других устройств влияют? У меня включены diskord, trekir, srs.

Кто сталкивался с такой проблемой, подскажите пожалуйста.

Спасибо

• ED Team
2 часа назад, Alex-BBC сказал:

задотряс

Попробуй потестировать отключив вовсе задотряс. У меня накидка никогда сама по себе не отваливалась. Может проблема в задотрясе? Какой-то конфликт с ним или его софтом.

3 hours ago, Alex-BBC said:

Приветствую! Подскажите пожалуйста кто сможет. Почему при запуске dcs world simsheker запускается и работают и вибронакидка и задотряс. Но через некоторое время они перестают работать. Тест показывает, что они работают в тесте, а от dcs сигналы на них не идут. может другие сигналы от других устройств влияют? У меня включены diskord, trekir, srs.

Кто сталкивался с такой проблемой, подскажите пожалуйста.

Спасибо

Вот человек выше написал что вроде как победил он такой недуг

Gametrix JetSeats thread (in English) ,

SimShaker addon for bass-shakers thread (in English),

Andre's blog, downloads, manuals (in English).

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

13 hours ago, Feukair said:

Hello, thank you to those that have made this cool product for sim enthusiasts to use.   I'm using SimShaker for Aviators and the sound module with DCS. Everything is working good.  I'm wondering if there is more info about these options on the Special Options tab. I cannot find documentation about these. 

image.png

Reduce engine effects is understood - I assume this is %, but does this work with the sound module or no? I don't feel much change with this setting.

Is there any explanation of these 3 filter settings? What are the effects of these filters?

Is there an explanation for how to use the turbulence configurator?

I'm currently checking if the engine effect reductions works correctly with the sound module ... The other settings are used to define the "threshold" when these effects start. E.g. the F18 changes flaps/slats alls the time by a very little value. some people don't like if it would trigger the effects all the time thus you can modify the value...

The turbulence editor was mainly developed for MSFS. I'm currently not sure how good it works in DCS but the easiest thing is to play around with it 😉.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I just published a new beta with some small fixes:

Version  2.3.2 – beta release

Fixed

• Turboprop engine effect should now use dampening factor if enabled and airborne
  • Dependencies updated
  • Auto start / Start with windows feature -> new debug output added, might help to track down the issue. Feedback is welcome

Edited by f4l0
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, f4l0 said:

I just published a new beta with some small fixes:

Version  2.3.2 – beta release

Fixed

• Turboprop engine effect should now use dampening factor if enabled and airborne
  • Dependencies updated
  • Auto start / Start with windows feature -> new debug output added, might help to track down the issue. Feedback is welcome

Much appreciated!

i5 8400 | 32 Gb RAM | RTX 2080Ti | Virpil Mongoose T-50 base w/ Warthog & Hornet sticks | Warthog throttle | Cougar throttle USB | DIY Collective | Virpil desk mount | VKB T-Rudder Mk IV | Oculus Rift S | Buddy-Fox A-10 UFC | 3x TM MFDs | 2x bass shakers pedal plate| SIMple SIMpit chair | WinWing TakeOff panel | PointCTRL v2 | Andre JetSeat | Winwing Hornet UFC | Winwing Viper ICP

FC3 - Warthog - F-5E - Harrier - NTTR - Hornet - Tomcat - Huey - Viper - C-101 - PG - Hip - SuperCarrier - Syria - Warthog II - Hind - South Atlantic - Sinai - Strike Eagle

18 часов назад = Андре = сказал:

Вот человек выше написал что вроде как победил он такой недуг

Да, Андрей,

прочитал

Не всё

понял,

но

попробую