[Official] SimShaker for Aviators

8 hours ago, Extranajero said:

The Simshaker sound module has worked very well for about a year. Now it doesn't output any sound, not even through the test option

Maybe you've got Asus Sonic Virtual Mixer installed? It would grab all the SimShaker Sound Module output.

Gametrix JetSeats thread (in English) ,

SimShaker addon for bass-shakers thread (in English),

Andre's blog, downloads, manuals (in English).

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

9 hours ago, =Andre= said:

Maybe you've got Asus Sonic Virtual Mixer installed? It would grab all the SimShaker Sound Module output.

I've heard about that virtual mixer rubbish being installed in a recent Windows update - and I do have an ASUS motherboard - I'll check

But when reinstalling the Simshaker sound module, it says I have the wrong version, 2.20 instead of 2.26 ? something like that

---------------------------------------------------------

PC specs:- Intel 386DX, 2mb memory, onboard graphics, 14" 640x480 monitor

Modules owned:- Bachem Natter, Cessna 150, Project Pluto, Sopwith Snipe

27 minutes ago, =Andre= said:

Pardon me?

15:2:38.614 SimShaker Sound Module | Version 2.20
15:2:39.210 This application version is out of date. Actual version is 2.26. Please download and install new version

Which I did, but this message still appears

---------------------------------------------------------

PC specs:- Intel 386DX, 2mb memory, onboard graphics, 14" 640x480 monitor

Modules owned:- Bachem Natter, Cessna 150, Project Pluto, Sopwith Snipe

1 hour ago, Extranajero said:

15:2:39.210 This application version is out of date. Actual version is 2.26. Please download and install new version

What exactly you did? If you updated the app the version must be 2.26.

Gametrix JetSeats thread (in English) ,

SimShaker addon for bass-shakers thread (in English),

Andre's blog, downloads, manuals (in English).

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

2 hours ago, Extranajero said:

Are you sure you have updated the Sound Module application, it is separate to the Simshaker for Aviators application?

https://simshaker.com/software/general/sound/

Edited by Baldrick33

AMD 5800X3D · MSI 4080 · Asus ROG Strix B550 Gaming  · HP Reverb Pro · 1Tb M.2 NVMe, 32Gb Corsair Vengence 3600MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · VIRPIL T-50CM3 Base, Alpha Prime R. VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Base. JetSeat

16 minutes ago, mntimbuktu said:

Sim Shaker for Aviators will not open anymore. Tried a fresh install. Icon pops up in system tray but instantly disappears. Cannot use software at all. Any ideas?

It maybe hidden in the system tray?

If so, click on the up arrow to the left of the system tray to view hidden icons, then right click on the SSA icon and left click on settings. Turn off start minimized in system tray and show hello balloon.

AMD 5800X3D · MSI 4080 · Asus ROG Strix B550 Gaming  · HP Reverb Pro · 1Tb M.2 NVMe, 32Gb Corsair Vengence 3600MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · VIRPIL T-50CM3 Base, Alpha Prime R. VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Base. JetSeat

I'll put this here in case anyone has an issue:

Problem: Simshaker Sound Module not working anymore / not playing audio

All of a sudden, I got no audio output from Sim Shaker. The 'Test' button did nothing, but Verbose Logging showed that it was trying to play audio

Solution: for me was to uninstall 'Sonic Studio' which is some sort of Asus sound software

I also went to Windows Audio Devices settings and Disabled all Input/Output devices I didn't actually need

After restarting Simshaker, it now works !

• Thanks 1

Just got mine installed.... Now to configure all the modules!

Is there a place where "profiles" are shared? The 50% for everything is a little generic 😄

If not, my strategy is to pick 1 A/C and see what the different setting give me and stablish a generic base line...  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Sofapiloz said:

@Joghurt Will ssa further work for the Huey with this? Im don’t want to kill ssa for my old aunt, not even for the Blackhawk.

Or is it possible to insert the new lines of code in the lua?
@F4l0 Please! emoji1786.png

Why would this disable SSA for the Huey? Of course SSA will still work with the Huey. However if you don't understand the instructions that Joghurt provided you probably shouldn't attempt this. If you somehow manage to break your SSA installation you can just reinstall.

Why would this disable SSA for the Huey? Of course SSA will still work with the Huey. However if you don't understand the instructions that Joghurt provided you probably shouldn't attempt this. If you somehow manage to break your SSA installation you can just reinstall.

Ah, better read the code completely

Mods are not really on my list to add. I try to focus on official modules... However, there are ways to add them (as mentioned before) 😉

On 1/17/2022 at 6:05 PM, mntimbuktu said:

Sim Shaker for Aviators will not open anymore. Tried a fresh install. Icon pops up in system tray but instantly disappears. Cannot use software at all. Any ideas?

Do you get any error message? There should be a log file in your settings folder. You should find it here: C:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\Documents\SimShaker for Aviators

• Like 1

Ive seen the question asked, but i could not find the answer. Some Aircraft SOMETIMES lose functionality after im shot down and i relaunch the jet via select role. i dont leave the server or back out of dcs in any way. I have to remove my reverb, alt tab to get the mouse free, shut down simshaker and the sound module, and restart simshaker to restore function. Any suggestions?  thank you. im flying f5 but happens in all airccraft about 80% of the time.

The "Reduce engine effect when airborne" setting seems to inoperable. I've tried various values from 0-100 and can't find any value that reduces the engine effect (set to 50) when airborne. I've tried the Huey, various jets (A10CII, F18, Jeff, F14B), two maps (Caucasus and Syria), single and multiplayer. Previously in the DCS Debug View, IIRC, there was a value something along the lines of "on the ground" which is absent now (this could be by design, just throwing ideas against the wall)

DCS 2.7.9.18080, SSAbeta 2.3.2.0, SSSbeta 2.28

On 1/19/2022 at 7:43 PM, fredclan said:

Ive seen the question asked, but i could not find the answer. Some Aircraft SOMETIMES lose functionality after im shot down and i relaunch the jet via select role. i dont leave the server or back out of dcs in any way. I have to remove my reverb, alt tab to get the mouse free, shut down simshaker and the sound module, and restart simshaker to restore function. Any suggestions?  thank you. im flying f5 but happens in all airccraft about 80% of the time.

Yeah, I guess it's a limitation of DCS. There is no "command" (as far as I know) which is send by DCS which tells SSA that you respawned. Thus things might get messed up...

8 hours ago, Draken35 said:

Also, the Cannon\Gun fire effect for the A-4EC seems to be broken

DCS 2.7.9.18080, SSAbeta 2.3.2.0 / A-4E-C 2.0

image.png

Could you give me some mode details? Do you use unlimited ammo?

9 hours ago, DoctorSheep said:

The "Reduce engine effect when airborne" setting seems to inoperable. I've tried various values from 0-100 and can't find any value that reduces the engine effect (set to 50) when airborne. I've tried the Huey, various jets (A10CII, F18, Jeff, F14B), two maps (Caucasus and Syria), single and multiplayer. Previously in the DCS Debug View, IIRC, there was a value something along the lines of "on the ground" which is absent now (this could be by design, just throwing ideas against the wall)

DCS 2.7.9.18080, SSAbeta 2.3.2.0, SSSbeta 2.28

I'll have a look... Anyone else having the same issue?

Thanks for the quick reply and for SSA! It is really a game changer!

6 hours ago, f4l0 said:

Could you give me some mode details? Do you use unlimited ammo?

No unlimited ammo.  Basic target practice for multiple aircraft in the Marianas. Single Player. Tested twice in different DCS sessions. All the other effects (that I've tried) in the A4 works, including dropping ordnance. Let me know what details you need and I'll provide and if there is any kind of log that you might need (I'm very new to SSA, have it only for 3 days 🙂 )

On 1/16/2022 at 8:18 AM, JSpidey said:

Will SimShaker for Aviators get Uh-60L functionality anytime in the near future?

I too wonder about this

The UH60L mod is definitely worth SSA 👌 

• Like 3

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

I am having a problem when I start DCS and Simshaker where the profile for the aircraft is not loaded from my settings.  I am using a buttkicker and the vibrations are quite high.  I have to load the profile after I am in the aircraft and then everything is ok.  The same happens when I jump from one aircraft/helo to another and have to reload the profile.

I am also having a problem when I jump out of a Huey and into an F18.  The error is shown below.  It doesn't seem to happen with other aircraft.

Huey-F18_Issue.jpg

On 1/18/2022 at 7:53 AM, Joghurt said:

As a workaround try this: http://tech.blog.dg4sfw.de/single.php?date=1640509860

@f4l0 Would you please consider supporting it natively? 👼

@JoghurtThanks for the info the workaround your described works great! 

• For those who do not want to edit their SimShaker.lua.. Another workaround that I am sure has already been mentioned would be to do the following:
    • Start SimShaker >> Start DCS World
      • >> Load and Fly the Mi-8 in any mission 
        • >> Finally Select and fly the UH-60L
          • >> Have Fun!

Edited by YSIAD_RIP
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Do not own:  | F-15E | JF-17 | Fw 190 A-8 | Bf 109 |
  • Hardware:  [ - Ryzen7-5800X - 32GB - RX 6800 - X56 HOTAS Throttle -  WINWING Orion 2 F16EX Grip - TrackIR 5 - Tobii 5C - JetPad FSE - ]