[Official] SimShaker for Aviators

1 hour ago, f4l0 said:

maybe reboot your computer?

I have tried a reboot and complete power down of the PC as in disconnecting it from mains as wel.  Appears the software is stuck... 

I will try to resolve using sfc.exe and DISM.exe through the command line as most likely user/PC error rather than SSA. 

I shall report back....

1 minute ago, Semaphore said:

I have tried a reboot and complete power down of the PC as in disconnecting it from mains as wel.  Appears the software is stuck... 

I will try to resolve using sfc.exe and DISM.exe through the command line as most likely user/PC error rather than SSA. 

I shall report back....

Also check for any running ssa/installation process with you task manager

3 minutes ago, Semaphore said:

Stil not working - even with 2.3.8

Same issue.

Could try stopping and starting the windows installer service

edit: start run services.msc

27 minutes ago, eatthis said:

iv installed and run the beta. im not seeing the apache in the drop down menu, is that normal?

Yes it should appear after you have run it with the Apache

Edited by Baldrick33

AMD 5800X3D · MSI 4080 · Asus ROG Strix B550 Gaming  · HP Reverb Pro · 1Tb M.2 NVMe, 32Gb Corsair Vengence 3600MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · VIRPIL T-50CM3 Base, Alpha Prime R. VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Base. JetSeat

24 minutes ago, Semaphore said:

Stil not working - even with 2.3.8

Same issue.

Works fine here mate, installed both 2.3.7 and. 8 without issues

PC: ASUS TUF 4090oc - Ryzen 7950X3D - 32gb DDR5 6000 - Quest Pro

Sims: DCS, IL2, MSFS

Pilot Skill: Drunk guy from Independence Day

RIO Skill: Goose (post neck-break) 

1 hour ago, f4l0 said:

I found a workaround which should enhance the startup/shutdown effect... Please provide some feedback...
Beta 2.3.8 will be available soon

Hey, first of all: Big thank you for the Update and making the Apache work! Much appreciated.

- The low rotor whirl is way to fast and doesn't match the actual rotor rpm at all. (I now of the lack of a source for that)
- The Gun effect also doesn't match the rate of fire of the weapon
- this one may be biased by perception (due to sound), but I feel the frequency of the high rotor whirl is higher than e.g. in the Hip,  which feels less than a rotor and more like a propeller.

"Muß ich denn jedes Mal, wenn ich sauge oder saugblase den Schlauchstecker in die Schlauchnut schieben?"

My guess is the Windows Installer has got stuck believing it is installing something. Possibly a pending windows update. If not and If rebooting doesn’t fix it then manually killing the service and starting it again may bypass any startup process that is reloading its state. Click on start then run and type services.msc to open the services screen, find the windows installer service and stop and start it. Worth a try. I think it is a Windows Installer issue rather than the SSA program installation.

AMD 5800X3D · MSI 4080 · Asus ROG Strix B550 Gaming  · HP Reverb Pro · 1Tb M.2 NVMe, 32Gb Corsair Vengence 3600MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · VIRPIL T-50CM3 Base, Alpha Prime R. VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Base. JetSeat

11 minutes ago, Hiob said:

Hey, first of all: Big thank you for the Update and making the Apache work! Much appreciated.

- The low rotor whirl is way to fast and doesn't match the actual rotor rpm at all. (I now of the lack of a source for that)
- The Gun effect also doesn't match the rate of fire of the weapon
- this one may be biased by perception (due to sound), but I feel the frequency of the high rotor whirl is higher than e.g. in the Hip,  which feels less than a rotor and more like a propeller.

Thx for the input,

- I'll have a look if I can tweak the low whirl effect a bit more but without proper exports it's really hard...
- What is the rate of fire for the AH64D?
- Hip and AH64 use the same high whirl effect 😉

9 minutes ago, Baldrick33 said:

My guess is the Windows Installer has got stuck believing it is installing something. Possibly a pending windows update. If not and If rebooting doesn’t fix it then manually killing the service and starting it again may bypass any startup process that is reloading its state. Click on start then run and type services.msc to open the services screen, find the windows installer service and stop and start it. Worth a try. I think it is a Windows Installer issue rather than the SSA program installation.

Thanks.... I think you are right or at least it appears that way.

i have just tried that and found the windows Installer in Services.msc but I am unable to start/stop/pause or resume it in anyway - just says status is 'running'

1 hour ago, f4l0 said:

I found a workaround which should enhance the startup/shutdown effect... Please provide some feedback...
Beta 2.3.8 will be available soon

2.3.8 works really well with the Apache.

Thanks for the update!

System: 7800X3D / Asus RTX 4090 OC / 64GB 3600mhz / Pimax Crystal / VKB GF3 Ultimate

9 minutes ago, Semaphore said:

Thanks.... I think you are right or at least it appears that way.

i have just tried that and found the windows Installer in Services.msc but I am unable to start/stop/pause or resume it in anyway - just says status is 'running'

This article may help troubleshoot Windows Installer issues:

https://windowsreport.com/another-installation-already-progress-error-windows-10/

34 minutes ago, f4l0 said:

Thx for the input,

- I'll have a look if I can tweak the low whirl effect a bit more but without proper exports it's really hard...
- What is the rate of fire for the AH64D?
- Hip and AH64 use the same high whirl effect 😉

- I know. Just reduce it by 70% for an approximation.
- Good Question. Raise the cadence by 70% for an approximation (😅 sorry that is really my best estimate) @f4l0 measured and backed by wikipedia 600-625 /min or 10/sec.
- Yeah, I almost thought so - as I said, biased by sound. (btw. the Main Rotor RPM is ~300 RPM, so the frequency should be this or a divisor of it)

Edited by Hiob

"Muß ich denn jedes Mal, wenn ich sauge oder saugblase den Schlauchstecker in die Schlauchnut schieben?"

36 minutes ago, Baldrick33 said:

15 minutes ago, Baldrick33 said:

This article may help troubleshoot Windows Installer issues:

https://windowsreport.com/another-installation-already-progress-error-windows-10/

You have just become my best friend and are at the top of my Christmas card list.  Many thanks.... thats resolved the issue.  Amazing

2 hours ago, eatthis said:

iv installed and run the beta. im not seeing the apache in the drop down menu, is that normal?

Make sure you don't have more than one installation of SSA.  I had the same problem.  No AH-64 in the drop down.  Checked Apps and two versions of SSA were installed.  Removed one and AH-64 appeared in the drop down and works properly.

5 minutes ago, 01G8R said:

Make sure you don't have more than one installation of SSA.  I had the same problem.  No AH-64 in the drop down.  Checked Apps and two versions of SSA were installed.  Removed one and AH-64 appeared in the drop down and works properly.

i have a stable version which i use and now the beta version, do i need to bin 1 off?

7700k @5ghz, 32gb 3200mhz ram, 2080ti, nvme drives, valve index vr

Just now, eatthis said:

i have a stable version which i use and now the beta version, do i need to bin 1 off?

I'm not sure.  I had two Beta Versions installed and removing one solved it for me.  Maybe backup the stable and then remove it to see if that helps?

4 minutes ago, RyanL said:

Anyone having issues with the SimShaker software? My version deauthorized all of a sudden two days ago. I emailed Andre but the email address bounced. 

Try to deinstall in completely and reinstall the latest version from the link provided above by f4l0

Just had a superb flight in the Apache and the SSA is briliant especially for the landings... great feedback from the software.

Question though -

Should the Main Rotor Whirl High be a lower value than the Main Rotor Whirl Low one?

Thanks

Thanks @f4l0 for updating your app with the Apache. I feel normal now flying it. 🙂

-When you bring the power levers back to idle for shutdown, there's no more feedback. There's no transitioning from high to low vibrations.

i9 9900k @5.1GHz NZXT Kraken |Asus ROG Strix Z390 E-Gaming | Samsung NVMe m.2 970 Evo 1TB | LPX 64GB DDR4 3200MHz

EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra | Reverb G1  | HOTAS Warthog | Saitek Flight Pedals

2 hours ago, pimp said:

Thanks @f4l0 for updating your app with the Apache. I feel normal now flying it. 🙂

-When you bring the power levers back to idle for shutdown, there's no more feedback. There's no transitioning from high to low vibrations.

Even in 2.3.8?

@f4l0 Feedback on 2.3.9:

- Main Rotor Whirl Low is better, but still a bit fast (it starts a little early and accelerates a bit too fast)

- Gun cadence is better but still a little low

Problem: When you jump in a hot started Aircraft that is already running, SSA won't kick in (even after 10 seconds) - from a cold start it works.
(Edit: In Multiplayer it worked in a hot started Aircraft - I can't reliably recreate this issue)

Thank You!!!

Edited by Hiob
  • Like 1