[Official] SimShaker for Aviators

Hello, tested directly 2.3.9 version from 2.3.6. Apache works very well, but no engine rumble in the other mods, like F18, F16, A10CII. If I pause sim, ALT+CTR+DEL and go to SSA application, when I return to sim the engine rumble effect is there again. Just me? Thanks.

@f4l0 im having issues with getting the beta to recognize DCS, i always seem to have this issue with beta and have never been able to fix it 😞 im not sure what may be causing the issue 

10:18:54.086  SimShaker for Aviators Beta  Version 2.3.9.0
10:18:54.093   ********** DCS World Open Beta version folder found in Saved Games ********** 
10:18:54.096  DCS.openbeta export feature setup: SimShaker.lua added to C:\Users\Edward\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Scripts
10:18:54.097  DCS.openbeta export feature setup: ExportCore.lua added to C:\Users\Edward\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Scripts\SimShaker-export-core
10:18:54.099  DCS.openbeta export feature setup: ExportDevice.lua added to C:\Users\Edward\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Scripts\SimShaker-export-core
10:18:54.101  DCS.openbeta export feature setup: KeyValueStore.lua added to C:\Users\Edward\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Scripts\SimShaker-export-core
10:18:54.102  DCS.openbeta export feature setup: Network.lua added to C:\Users\Edward\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Scripts\SimShaker-export-core
10:18:54.104  DCS.openbeta export feature setup: Protocol.lua added to C:\Users\Edward\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Scripts\SimShaker-export-core
10:18:54.106  local SimShakerlfs=require('lfs'); dofile(SimShakerlfs.writedir()..'Scripts/SimShaker.lua') call found in C:\Users\Edward\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Scripts\Export.lua
10:18:54.108  dofile(lfs.writedir()..[[Scripts\SimShaker-export-core\ExportCore.lua]]) call found in C:\Users\Edward\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Scripts\Export.lua
10:18:54.110   ********** Custom DCS World configuration found ********** 
10:18:54.114  DCS.openbeta export feature setup: SimShaker.lua added to C:\Users\Edward\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Scripts
10:18:54.115  DCS.openbeta export feature setup: ExportCore.lua added to C:\Users\Edward\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Scripts\SimShaker-export-core
10:18:54.117  DCS.openbeta export feature setup: ExportDevice.lua added to C:\Users\Edward\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Scripts\SimShaker-export-core
10:18:54.118  DCS.openbeta export feature setup: KeyValueStore.lua added to C:\Users\Edward\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Scripts\SimShaker-export-core
10:18:54.120  DCS.openbeta export feature setup: Network.lua added to C:\Users\Edward\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Scripts\SimShaker-export-core
10:18:54.123  DCS.openbeta export feature setup: Protocol.lua added to C:\Users\Edward\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Scripts\SimShaker-export-core
10:18:54.123  local SimShakerlfs=require('lfs'); dofile(SimShakerlfs.writedir()..'Scripts/SimShaker.lua') call found in C:\Users\Edward\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Scripts\Export.lua
10:18:54.124  dofile(lfs.writedir()..[[Scripts\SimShaker-export-core\ExportCore.lua]]) call found in C:\Users\Edward\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Scripts\Export.lua

the .lua appears just fine in the openbeta saved games folder. but when i use the drop down menu in simshaker, there are no modules at all, just says "generic jet, helicopter"

3 hours ago, gonvise said:

Hello, tested directly 2.3.9 version from 2.3.6. Apache works very well, but no engine rumble in the other mods, like F18, F16, A10CII. If I pause sim, ALT+CTR+DEL and go to SSA application, when I return to sim the engine rumble effect is there again. Just me? Thanks.

Sorry, the engine rumble in apahe either works at start, but doing the described procedure it works again. Other effects like gun, etc... work as usual at start.

7 hours ago, Hiob said:

@f4l0 Feedback on 2.3.9:

- Main Rotor Whirl Low is better, but still a bit fast (it starts a little early and accelerates a bit too fast)

- Gun cadence is better but still a little low

Problem: When you jump in a hot started Aircraft that is already running, SSA won't kick in (even after 10 seconds) - from a cold start it works.
(Edit: In Multiplayer it worked in a hot started Aircraft - I can't reliably recreate this issue)

Thank You!!!

I have likewise noted the issue of no SSA in Hot Start... 

I can‘t reproduce reliable when and when not the sim shaker will engage or not. When it works it works, but sometimes it simply doesn’t kick in when loading a mission.

"Muß ich denn jedes Mal, wenn ich sauge oder saugblase den Schlauchstecker in die Schlauchnut schieben?"

After installing the SSA beta it seemed that it wasn’t working…also for other modules.

After selecting “rescan devices” in the Control options, my Jetseat suddenly sprung to life.

It doesn’t work for a hotstart Apache however.

Maybe it’s useful to anybody.

• Thanks 1

guys, if I install the beta, do I have to uninstall the 2.3.0.8 I have now ?

If I do, Can I save the profiles I have set up already for different planes ? How do I do that ?

Thanks ! 

[sIGPIC]https://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic70550_3.gif[/sIGPIC]

Asus Z390-H - SSD M.2 EVO 970 - Intel I9 @5.0ghz - 32gb DDR4 4000 - EVGA 3090 - Cougar FSSB + Virpil WRBRD + Hornet Stick - Thrustmaster TPR Pedal + WinWing MIP + Orion + TO and CO pannels - Track IR5

4 hours ago, FZG_Immel said:

guys, if I install the beta, do I have to uninstall the 2.3.0.8 I have now ?

If I do, Can I save the profiles I have set up already for different planes ? How do I do that ?

Thanks ! 

You can backup directly from SSA.  It is in the menu at the top.

installed it too. works.

but i dont get the same feel I get in the Huey, when the loads increase on the rotor.

good start though. THANK YOU !

• Like 1

[sIGPIC]https://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic70550_3.gif[/sIGPIC]

Asus Z390-H - SSD M.2 EVO 970 - Intel I9 @5.0ghz - 32gb DDR4 4000 - EVGA 3090 - Cougar FSSB + Virpil WRBRD + Hornet Stick - Thrustmaster TPR Pedal + WinWing MIP + Orion + TO and CO pannels - Track IR5

12 hours ago, Hiob said:

I can‘t reproduce reliable when and when not the sim shaker will engage or not. When it works it works, but sometimes it simply doesn’t kick in when loading a mission.

Ok, I'll have a look

15 hours ago, edwardred1 said:

SimShaker.lua 26.17 kB · 1 download

i deleted both export-core and the simshaker.lua multiple times, have also re-installed simshaker beta multiple times, but nothing 😞 here is the .lua and dcs log

dcs.log 90.8 kB · 1 download

Can you post you export.lua file from the beta installation?

1 hour ago, Hoirtel said:

As someone who is on stable do you know when this will be pushed out?

For the Mi-24 it took months for the stable branch to catch up. You'd be better off switching to beta. I've had zero issues with it...

Edited by Raven (Elysian Angel)
typo
Spoiler

Ryzen 9 5900X | 64GB G.Skill TridentZ 3600 | Gigabyte RX6900XT | ASUS ROG Strix X570-E GAMING | Samsung 990Pro 2TB + 960Pro 1TB NMVe | HP Reverb G2
Pro Flight Trainer Puma | VIRPIL MT-50CM2+3 base / CM2 x2 grip with 200 mm S-curve extension + CM3 throttle + CP2/3 + FSSB R3L + VPC Rotor TCS Plus base with SharKa-50 grip mounted on Monstertech MFC-1 | TPR rudder pedals

OpenXR | PD 1.0 | 100% render resolution | DCS "HIGH" preset

7 minutes ago, Raven (Elysian Angel) said:

For the Mi-24 it took months for the stable branch to catch up. You'd be better of switching to beta. I've had zero issues with it...

Yeah probably will do. Probably should have done that the first time. Do I just download and uninstall the old one? I'm also using the sound module payware. 

I don't know anything about the sound module, but yes if I switch from Stable to Beta, I always uninstall Stable first (and even manually delete remaining files just to be sure).

Spoiler

Ryzen 9 5900X | 64GB G.Skill TridentZ 3600 | Gigabyte RX6900XT | ASUS ROG Strix X570-E GAMING | Samsung 990Pro 2TB + 960Pro 1TB NMVe | HP Reverb G2
Pro Flight Trainer Puma | VIRPIL MT-50CM2+3 base / CM2 x2 grip with 200 mm S-curve extension + CM3 throttle + CP2/3 + FSSB R3L + VPC Rotor TCS Plus base with SharKa-50 grip mounted on Monstertech MFC-1 | TPR rudder pedals

2 hours ago, PHMAC said:

First of all, thanks for your creating these updates for the AH-64.
I have grown so accustomed to the feedback I am getting through SSA that flying without it is just very strange.

Thanks again for your work!

I installed version 2.3.10 this morning. I feel the rotor rpm seems a bit low. With engines in idle the frequency seems to low. The frequency doesn’t match the sound. It almost feels like a steam engine..😆

When I advance the throttle levers I can feel the frequency increase slightly but it never comes close to the other power I feel with other helicopters in DCS.

After picking up I can feel the frequency increase when going through ETL...butthen it goes back to low frequency again.

Do others experience this as well?

No, if I had something to complain still, I would even say that the low whirl is still a bit fast. Compare to the Mi-8. There it matches the rotor perfectly.

First of all, we need to clarify which effect you are talking about. Rotor whirl high or rotor whirl low? The latter is only relevant in a cold start. When the rotor reaches it‘s idle speed it is most likely already in high whirl (or transitioning).

Regarding the sound - don’t confuse the turbine with the rotor. The SSA effect is meant to let you feel the rotor, not the engine. The Rotor rpm is max. 300. So a rather low frequency is correct.

What you feel when you go through ETL is another effect, that is specific for ETL, is just happens to add to the rotor whirl. What you feel is not a raise in frequency but in magnitude.

You should put the SSA Window in front and uncheck all effects and then test every effect one by one. You really get a much better experience, when you focus on only a few distinct effects. Otherwise it’s just a rumbling mess sometimes.

For reference, I only use whirl high, wirl low (both set to 4-5), guns, ETL, VRS/Shutter and G (all 20). Nothing else

Edited by Hiob
  • Thanks 1

"Muß ich denn jedes Mal, wenn ich sauge oder saugblase den Schlauchstecker in die Schlauchnut schieben?"

7 minutes ago, Hiob said:

No, if I had something to complain still, I would even say that the low whirl is still a bit fast. Compare to the Mi-8. There it matches the rotor perfectly.

First of all, we need to clarify which effect you are talking about. Rotor whirl high or rotor whirl low? The latter is only relevant in a cold start. When the rotor reaches it‘s idle speed it is most likely already in high whirl (or transitioning).

Regarding the sound - don’t confuse the turbine with the rotor. The SSA effect is meant to let you feel the rotor, not the engine. The Rotor rpm is max. 300. So a rather low frequency is correct.

What you feel when you go through ETL is another effect, that is specific for ETL, is just happens to add to the rotor whirl. What you feel is not a raise in frequency but in magnitude.

You should put the SSA Window in front and uncheck all effects and then test every effect one by one. You really get a much better experience, when you focus on only a few distinct effects. Otherwise it’s just a rumbling mess sometimes.

For reference, I only use whirl high, wirl low (both set to 4-5), guns, ETL, VRS/Shutter and G (all 20). Nothing else

Hi,

Thanks for taking the time to write me a reply.
I have already figured out what my problem was…I thought I already deleted my post.

Reading @Raven (Elysian Angel) latest post made me realize that I never uninstalled my old version of SSA…apparently I had two SSA installs on my computer, the release version and the Beta version and it seems these were in conflict with eachother.

Anyway, I removed both and installed the latest Beta. Now the effects feel much more realistic.

Thanks again for your help!

7 minutes ago, PHMAC said:

Hi,

Thanks for taking the time to write me a reply.
I have already figured out what my problem was…I thought I already deleted my post.

Reading @Raven (Elysian Angel) latest post made me realize that I never uninstalled my old version of SSA…apparently I had two SSA installs on my computer, the release version and the Beta version and it seems these were in conflict with eachother.

Anyway, I removed both and installed the latest Beta. Now the effects feel much more realistic.

Thanks again for your help!

Ah, ok. Cool!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, PHMAC said:

it seems these were in conflict with eachother

Yes, I’ve had that problem as well in the past.

Happy to hear you got it fixed! 🙂

Spoiler

even with the updated beta version i get this error:

See the end of this message for details on invoking 
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception (0x80004005): The parameter is incorrect
   at System.Diagnostics.Process.StartWithShellExecuteEx(ProcessStartInfo startInfo)
   at System.Diagnostics.Process.Start()
   at SimShaker.UI.ProcessManager.StartSM(String soundModuleInstallation)
   at SimShaker.UI.MainForm.cb_StartSoundModule_CheckedChanged(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.CheckBox.OnCheckedChanged(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.CheckBox.set_CheckState(CheckState value)
   at System.Windows.Forms.CheckBox.set_Checked(Boolean value)
   at SimShaker.UI.MainForm.Form1_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnCreateControl()
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl(Boolean fIgnoreVisible)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl()
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
    Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 4.8.4470.0 built by: NET48REL1LAST_C
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
SimShaker for Aviators Beta
    Assembly Version: 2.3.10.0
    Win32 Version: 2.3.10.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/SimShaker/SimShaker%20for%20Aviators%20Beta/SimShaker%20for%20Aviators%20Beta.exe
System.Windows.Forms
    Win32 Version: 4.8.4488.0 built by: NET48REL1LAST_C
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System
    Win32 Version: 4.8.4488.0 built by: NET48REL1LAST_C
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Drawing
    Win32 Version: 4.8.4395.0 built by: NET48REL1LAST_B
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
NLog
    Assembly Version: 5.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 5.0.0.664
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/SimShaker/SimShaker%20for%20Aviators%20Beta/NLog.DLL
System.Core
    Win32 Version: 4.8.4470.0 built by: NET48REL1LAST_C
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
System.Configuration
    Win32 Version: 4.8.4341.0 built by: NET48REL1LAST_C
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
System.Xml
    Win32 Version: 4.8.4161.0 built by: NET48REL1
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
Accessibility
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Accessibility/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Accessibility.dll
System.Xml.Linq
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml.Linq/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.Linq.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
    <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.