[Official] SimShaker for Aviators

Hello is there a way that in helos you feel when you are descending or ascending by the vibrations in the seat? I mean like the G feeling when positive you feel the vibrations in the legs when negative you feel the vibration on the back so it is easier to avoid the VRS without looking at the instruments.

Good afternoon, brand new user of the new buttkicker gamer plus.  I've installed the simshaker sound module and simshaker aviator.  I open aviator and then DCS.  The buttkicker responds to DCS and rumbles accordingly reacting to movements and events, however when I go to edit the parameters as far as adding or subtracting vibrations like for instance for landing gear and weapons firing there seems to be no effect to what I'm feeling in the sim.... right now I have every parameter off and disabled, yet the buttkicker is still working and reacting.  My goal is to be able to adjust these settings to make things more dynamic, but no matter what I try to adjust, nothing changes.  I apologize if this has been brought up previously.  I've tried searching endlessly and can't find what I'm doing wrong.  Any ideas on how to get Aviator to respond to the changes in the settings?  Thank you in advance from a person who is very technology challenged!

• Like 1

On 4/25/2022 at 12:54 AM, f4l0 said:

But how will you model positive/vertical speed? It's relative, your body usually feels acceleration (force).

Well, or make it more sensitive for helos to feel the slightest acceleration downward and upward is my idea. But I’m not an expert. To really avoid the VRS real pilots just feel the helo.

Edited by Icaro_07

• 2 weeks later...

Hi F410,

I've noticed some of the audio waveform loops are not starting/ending at the same voltage (therefore produces a click each time it loops). It was causing a loud click through my shakers without any practical vibration, so I've edited and lined up their start/end points. However, I was wondering if this was intentional and an attempt to create an effect?  

edit - maybe this is part of the soundcard addon and not your development? Please excuse my question if so.

Edited by Dogmanbird

Hello,
since the last Simshaker for aviators update i get this error message
In DCS Simshaker works.

Does anyone have an explanation for this?

Screenshot (20).png

Edited by A.F.

16 hours ago, A.F. said:

Hello,
since the last Simshaker for aviators update i get this error message
In DCS Simshaker works.

Does anyone have an explanation for this?

Screenshot (20).png

Looks like your settingsdatabase.bin is somehow protected. Could you please check the properties? The file is located at c:\User\flusi\Documents\SimShaker for Aviators\

On 5/4/2022 at 12:42 PM, Dogmanbird said:

Hi F410,

I've noticed some of the audio waveform loops are not starting/ending at the same voltage (therefore produces a click each time it loops). It was causing a loud click through my shakers without any practical vibration, so I've edited and lined up their start/end points. However, I was wondering if this was intentional and an attempt to create an effect?  

edit - maybe this is part of the soundcard addon and not your development? Please excuse my question if so.

I'm not the developer of the sound module, please use the sound module thread:

vor 11 Stunden schrieb f4l0:

Looks like your settingsdatabase.bin is somehow protected. Could you please check the properties? The file is located at c:\User\flusi\Documents\SimShaker for Aviators\

Hi,
I have checked all accesses. I have the authorization everywhere.

Also the access to Simshaker.lua is denied.
Do you still have an idea?

Edit: Problem solved

Edited by A.F.

11 hours ago, A.F. said:

Hi,
I have checked all accesses. I have the authorization everywhere.

Also the access to Simshaker.lua is denied.
Do you still have an idea?

Edit: Problem solved

You could try to rename the folder an see if SSA is able to create a new one, then, you can import your settings...

vor 46 Minuten schrieb f4l0:

You could try to rename the folder an see if SSA is able to create a new one, then, you can import your settings...

Problem solved.
I have created access permissions for the OneDrive folder...
Anyway, now it works again 

• Like 1

On 5/7/2022 at 11:10 PM, durka-durka said:

Hello, 

This may be a dumb question, but is the JetSeat available to buy/ship anymore?  I try to enter the eshop, but it doesn't give me an option to pay.  Is there another way? (I'm guessing it's because I'm in the US?) Thanks

He may have been sent to the front! But yeah doesn't seem to be the option to buy wherever you are from.

On 5/7/2022 at 6:10 PM, durka-durka said:

Hello, 

This may be a dumb question, but is the JetSeat available to buy/ship anymore?  I try to enter the eshop, but it doesn't give me an option to pay.  Is there another way? (I'm guessing it's because I'm in the US?) Thanks

Since hostilities began, Andre has had some issues with payment, some guys even used crypto. I don't know at what point he's at currently 

• Like 1

i5 8400 | 32 Gb RAM | RTX 2080Ti | Virpil Mongoose T-50 base w/ Warthog & Hornet sticks | Warthog throttle | Cougar throttle USB | DIY Collective | Virpil desk mount | VKB T-Rudder Mk IV | Oculus Rift S | Buddy-Fox A-10 UFC | 3x TM MFDs | 2x bass shakers pedal plate| SIMple SIMpit chair | WinWing TakeOff panel | PointCTRL v2 | Andre JetSeat | Winwing Hornet UFC | Winwing Viper ICP

FC3 - Warthog - F-5E - Harrier - NTTR - Hornet - Tomcat - Huey - Viper - C-101 - PG - Hip - SuperCarrier - Syria - Warthog II - Hind - South Atlantic - Sinai - Strike Eagle

Someone post it on VR thread, but I think its not related to WinWing software, but generaly DCS build+SSA:

HP Reverb G2, Samsung Odyssey Plus+, EVGA GeForce RTX 3080 FTW3 ULTRA GAMING 12GB GDDR6X, 32GB RAM, Intel i7-7700k 5.1GHz (OC), Hydro Series™ H100i v2 Extreme Performance Liquid CPU Cooler, Buttkicker 2 Gamer+SSA Sound Module, Virpil MangoosT-CM2 Base+Grip, Logitech X56 Throttle +Rudder, Logitech Z906 5.1, LG OLED 55'' 4K 120Hz
A10-C II,  AH-64D,  AV88NA,  F-14A/B,  F-16C,  F/A-18C,  Ka-50,  Mi-24,  Mi-8,  SA342,  UH-1H,  SuperCarrier,  Persian Gulf,  Nevada,  Syria,  Simshaker for Aviators

On 4/25/2022 at 4:36 PM, Darkside Six said:

Good afternoon, brand new user of the new buttkicker gamer plus.  I've installed the simshaker sound module and simshaker aviator.  I open aviator and then DCS.  The buttkicker responds to DCS and rumbles accordingly reacting to movements and events, however when I go to edit the parameters as far as adding or subtracting vibrations like for instance for landing gear and weapons firing there seems to be no effect to what I'm feeling in the sim.... right now I have every parameter off and disabled, yet the buttkicker is still working and reacting.  My goal is to be able to adjust these settings to make things more dynamic, but no matter what I try to adjust, nothing changes.  I apologize if this has been brought up previously.  I've tried searching endlessly and can't find what I'm doing wrong.  Any ideas on how to get Aviator to respond to the changes in the settings?  Thank you in advance from a person who is very technology challenged!

I also have this same problem, although the Buttkicker was working fine with SimShaker for Aviators prior to the most recent DCS update.

9 hours ago, Fozzie said:

I also have this same problem, although the Buttkicker was working fine with SimShaker for Aviators prior to the most recent DCS update.

are you sure that your SSA setup is correct? What happens if you play the test sound in the SoundModule?

@f4l0 I was wondering if you could help me out, or point me to the forum post that helps, I tried going through to find the answer but 173 pages is a bit much lol

So sorry if this has been asked before 

I've recently done a PC upgrade and have done a fresh SSA install, I no longer have access to the SSA old PC however I do have a clone of the entire hard drive it was on, I unfortunately in my haste to get things running forgot to export my setting files for all my aircraft, I was wondering is there a location somewheres on the old PC drive that has all my aircraft settings? Or am I all out of luck?

Edited by PSYKOnz

Tomcat, Tomcat über allen

21 hours ago, Fozzie said:

Thanks for the reply. The Buttkicker works fine in test in both SSA and the Sound Module. It seems to be a very specific problem in that only a small number of the DCS Effects are acutally making it through to the Buttkicker amp. 

22 minutes ago, Fozzie said:

Thanks for the reply. The Buttkicker works fine in test in both SSA and the Sound Module. It seems to be a very specific problem in that only a small number of the DCS Effects are acutally making it through to the Buttkicker amp. 

I've sorted the poblem.  It seems my key was missinfg in the Sound module for some reason.  I've added it back in and it looks like we're back in business.  Classic problem in chair 🙂