[Official] SimShaker for Aviators

I think I've had this issue before, but when I change the install path to "Program Files" rather than "Program Files (x86)", it still puts the files in x86, and as a result the start menu shortcut does not work.

17 hours ago, Lombra said:

I think I've had this issue before, but when I change the install path to "Program Files" rather than "Program Files (x86)", it still puts the files in x86, and as a result the start menu shortcut does not work.

Which SSA version? Do you know which files?

50 minutes ago, f4l0 said:

Which SSA version? Do you know which files?

That was 2.4.0 this time around. It concerns all files. It doesn't even create the folder in "Program Files". Specifically, I change the path from "C:\Program Files (x86)\SimShaker\SimShaker for Aviators" to "C:\Program Files\SimShaker for Aviators", and it gets placed in "C:\Program Files (x86)\SimShaker for Aviators", so it does seem to at least accept the changed value. (without the extra SimShaker folder)

Actually, I think I have the same issue with the installers for the other SimShaker products, too.

43 minutes ago, Lombra said:

That was 2.4.0 this time around. It concerns all files. It doesn't even create the folder in "Program Files". Specifically, I change the path from "C:\Program Files (x86)\SimShaker\SimShaker for Aviators" to "C:\Program Files\SimShaker for Aviators", and it gets placed in "C:\Program Files (x86)\SimShaker for Aviators", so it does seem to at least accept the changed value. (without the extra SimShaker folder)

Actually, I think I have the same issue with the installers for the other SimShaker products, too.

I guess some antiviral software may block normal installer operation.

Gametrix JetSeats thread (in English) ,

SimShaker addon for bass-shakers thread (in English),

Andre's blog, downloads, manuals (in English).

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

17 hours ago, Lombra said:

I only use Microsoft Defender. Do the installers produce a log somewhere?

Never experienced such a problem with MS Defender. I think you can check regular Windows Event Log with its viewer. 

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hello,

I've struggled with volume output in SimShaker for Aviators, but not in SimShaker wings for some time now.  Testing outside of the game, with test sounds, configured for a bass shaker.  In game performance has the same issue.  Wings is perfect, but I have to crank aviators up to even feel it with my hand on the transducer.  I'm afraid to go wild, in case something snaps to life suddenly one day and pops my transducer....

I have all sounds turned up to 100% per airframe in Aviator, and manually increase volume in either my sound mixer or on the amp.  Using same audio configuration on the Windows and Voicemeter side for both applications.  Both appear to be set to the same audio settings within each simshaker module as well.  Has anyone else experienced this, or have any suggestions? 

Thanks!

17 hours ago, Mista_Bojangles said:

Hello,

I've struggled with volume output in SimShaker for Aviators, but not in SimShaker wings for some time now.  Testing outside of the game, with test sounds, configured for a bass shaker.  In game performance has the same issue.  Wings is perfect, but I have to crank aviators up to even feel it with my hand on the transducer.  I'm afraid to go wild, in case something snaps to life suddenly one day and pops my transducer....

I have all sounds turned up to 100% per airframe in Aviator, and manually increase volume in either my sound mixer or on the amp.  Using same audio configuration on the Windows and Voicemeter side for both applications.  Both appear to be set to the same audio settings within each simshaker module as well.  Has anyone else experienced this, or have any suggestions? 

Thanks!

Hello, May I see a good quality screenshot of the SimShaker Sound Module when you play the test sound? Please provide answer in this thread SimShaker for DCS World Sound Mode Expansion - Discussion

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

1 hour ago, Draken35 said:

Getting this with the Mirage F1. I'm running 2.3.14
null

image.png

Most likely the new module is not supported so far. 

As usual Olaf depends on donations for adding support for newer modules

i5 8400 | 32 Gb RAM | RTX 2080Ti | Virpil Mongoose T-50 base w/ Warthog & Hornet sticks | Warthog throttle | Cougar throttle USB | DIY Collective | Virpil desk mount | VKB T-Rudder Mk IV | Oculus Rift S | Buddy-Fox A-10 UFC | 3x TM MFDs | 2x bass shakers pedal plate| SIMple SIMpit chair | WinWing TakeOff panel | PointCTRL v2 | Andre JetSeat | Winwing Hornet UFC | Winwing Viper ICP

FC3 - Warthog - F-5E - Harrier - NTTR - Hornet - Tomcat - Huey - Viper - C-101 - PG - Hip - SuperCarrier - Syria - Warthog II - Hind - South Atlantic - Sinai - Strike Eagle

7 hours ago, Draken35 said:

Getting this with the Mirage F1. I'm running 2.3.14
null

image.png

6 hours ago, Ala12Rv-Tundra said:

That's true, I need to buy the module first.

I got general effects working by adding the following to line 429 in this* location (You probably need to have the M-2000C for this to work). 

elseif obj.Name == "Mirage-F1CE" then dataTable.name = "M-2000C"

*"C:\Program Files (x86)\SimShaker\SimShaker for Aviators Beta\Data\SimShaker.lua"

This is only a workaround so that the Mirage doesn't feel so dead right now. It does not replicate the usual spot on work that f4l0 produces.

---

Editing with more information as I find it:

Engine rumble is missing but I found that argument 1027 returns the engine RPM. I've normalized this return to 0-100 which is what SSA appears to be looking for. However, engine rumble is still not present even though the DCS debug from SSA shows RPM@29 while idle and RPM@84 in burner.

My code for this so far is as follows:

local Engine_RPM = string.format("%.0f", MainPanel:get_argument_value(1027)*100)
            dataTable.rpm = Engine_RPM

---

I've attempted to inject Mirage-F1CE into the C# model table to work around the need for the M-2000C, but have been unsuccessful.

I've added "MirageF1CE=46" to the Model declarations

and

"this.modelTable.Add(Model.MirageF1CE, new ModelTableEntry(Model.MirageF1CE, "Mirage-F1CE", AircraftType.Jet));"  to the SetupModelTable of the SettingsDatabase.

Core.MasterManager and Core.DCS.Jets houses the specific aircraft properties and the references I was looking for, but it's quite involved.

This is much more in-depth than I was expecting. The amount of work that happens behind the scenes for these effects is amazing.

Edited by markbam
  • Like 3

SOLVED:  I used the FREE version of the REVO UNINSTALLER to completely scrub all traces of SimShaker from my computer and then re-installed. All is good now. I still wonder what broke and why?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Earlier today SSA was working fine, but now I am getting an UNHANDLED EXCEPTION error. 

I have tried uninstalling, rebooting and re-installing without success.  I am running version 2.4.0 of the stable release.   I also tried running the SSA_beta (2.3.14) but receive the same error.

Here is the DETAILS from the UNHANDLED EXCEPTION:

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.Net.Sockets.SocketException (0x80004005): An attempt was made to access a socket in a way forbidden by its access permissions
   at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.DoBind(EndPoint endPointSnapshot, SocketAddress socketAddress)
   at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.Bind(EndPoint localEP)
   at System.Net.Sockets.UdpClient..ctor(Int32 port, AddressFamily family)
   at SimShaker.Core.DataProvider.XPlaneDataProvider..ctor(CallBackOnAircraftChange callBackOnAircraftChange, Action callbackPlayEffects, Action callbackStopEffects)
   at SimShaker.Core.MasterManager..ctor(MainForm link)
   at SimShaker.UI.MainForm..ctor()
   at SimShaker.UI.AutoStarterForm.startSimShakerForDCSWorldToolStripMenuItem_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.RaiseEvent(Object key, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripMenuItem.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEventInteractive(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEvent(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
    Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 4.8.4515.0 built by: NET48REL1LAST_C
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
SimShaker for Aviators
    Assembly Version: 2.4.0.0
    Win32 Version: 2.4.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/SimShaker/SimShaker%20for%20Aviators/SimShaker%20for%20Aviators.exe
System.Windows.Forms
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System
    Win32 Version: 4.8.4488.0 built by: NET48REL1LAST_C
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Drawing
    Win32 Version: 4.8.4390.0 built by: NET48REL1LAST_C
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System.Configuration
    Win32 Version: 4.8.4190.0 built by: NET48REL1LAST_B
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
System.Core
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
NLog
    Assembly Version: 5.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 5.0.0.664
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/SimShaker/SimShaker%20for%20Aviators/NLog.DLL
System.Xml
    Win32 Version: 4.8.4084.0 built by: NET48REL1
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
Accessibility
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Accessibility/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Accessibility.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
    <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

Is there a way to turn on more detailed logging?

Any help will be appreciated.

Alan

Unhandled Exception.png

Edited by TWC_Alamo
Solution Found

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

TWC_Alamo

Denver, CO

Military Flight Sim

I7-7700K, 4.9 GHz, Z270-Gaming MB, 16GB, 512GB EVO-960 NVMe M.2, 512GB WD Black NVMe M.2, 1 TB SSD Raid, EVGA RTX 2080ti, Samsung Odyssey Plus, TM HOTAS/MFDs, MFG Crosswinds, Gametrix 908 JetSeat

GA Flight Sim

I7-5820K, 4.2Ghz, Godlike Carbon MB, 16GB, 512 GB EVO 960 NVME M.2, 2 X SSD, EVGA 1080ti, HTC Vive, 3 X 4K 55" TVs, 4 X 27" Monitors, CH: Flight Yoke, Throttle Quadrant, Rudder Pedals

On 7/23/2022 at 1:33 AM, TWC_Alamo said:

SOLVED:  I used the FREE version of the REVO UNINSTALLER to completely scrub all traces of SimShaker from my computer and then re-installed. All is good now. I still wonder what broke and why?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Earlier today SSA was working fine, but now I am getting an UNHANDLED EXCEPTION error. 

I have tried uninstalling, rebooting and re-installing without success.  I am running version 2.4.0 of the stable release.   I also tried running the SSA_beta (2.3.14) but receive the same error.

Here is the DETAILS from the UNHANDLED EXCEPTION:

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.Net.Sockets.SocketException (0x80004005): An attempt was made to access a socket in a way forbidden by its access permissions
   at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.DoBind(EndPoint endPointSnapshot, SocketAddress socketAddress)
   at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.Bind(EndPoint localEP)
   at System.Net.Sockets.UdpClient..ctor(Int32 port, AddressFamily family)
   at SimShaker.Core.DataProvider.XPlaneDataProvider..ctor(CallBackOnAircraftChange callBackOnAircraftChange, Action callbackPlayEffects, Action callbackStopEffects)
   at SimShaker.Core.MasterManager..ctor(MainForm link)
   at SimShaker.UI.MainForm..ctor()
   at SimShaker.UI.AutoStarterForm.startSimShakerForDCSWorldToolStripMenuItem_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.RaiseEvent(Object key, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripMenuItem.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEventInteractive(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEvent(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
SimShaker for Aviators
    Assembly Version: 2.4.0.0
    Win32 Version: 2.4.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/SimShaker/SimShaker%20for%20Aviators/SimShaker%20for%20Aviators.exe
System.Windows.Forms
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System
    Win32 Version: 4.8.4488.0 built by: NET48REL1LAST_C
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Drawing
    Win32 Version: 4.8.4390.0 built by: NET48REL1LAST_C
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System.Configuration
    Win32 Version: 4.8.4190.0 built by: NET48REL1LAST_B
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
System.Core
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
NLog
    Assembly Version: 5.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 5.0.0.664
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/SimShaker/SimShaker%20for%20Aviators/NLog.DLL
System.Xml
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
Accessibility
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Accessibility/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Accessibility.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
    <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

Is there a way to turn on more detailed logging?

Any help will be appreciated.

Alan

Unhandled Exception.png

"System.Net.Sockets.SocketException (0x80004005): An attempt was made to access a socket in a way forbidden by its access permissions" is the interesting part. Looks like something is blocking the network ports SSA uses. Maybe another running SSA instance... You could try to restart the network service as admin with a windows terminal:

net stop hns
net start hns

17 hours ago, hannibal said:

hey, i had moved over to win11.. 

what email to i use to contact for a new activation string?

is andre@andres.shop ok to email?

Hey,

No, that's an obsolete address. You can PM it to me here.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

On 7/21/2022 at 5:05 PM, Ala12Rv-Tundra said:

So F1 is currently unsupported? 

• Like 1

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

47 minutes ago, Harlikwin said:

So F1 is currently unsupported? 

That's correct, if it's supported, SSA creator will let us know by uploading a new beta version

• Like 1

i5 8400 | 32 Gb RAM | RTX 2080Ti | Virpil Mongoose T-50 base w/ Warthog & Hornet sticks | Warthog throttle | Cougar throttle USB | DIY Collective | Virpil desk mount | VKB T-Rudder Mk IV | Oculus Rift S | Buddy-Fox A-10 UFC | 3x TM MFDs | 2x bass shakers pedal plate| SIMple SIMpit chair | WinWing TakeOff panel | PointCTRL v2 | Andre JetSeat | Winwing Hornet UFC | Winwing Viper ICP

FC3 - Warthog - F-5E - Harrier - NTTR - Hornet - Tomcat - Huey - Viper - C-101 - PG - Hip - SuperCarrier - Syria - Warthog II - Hind - South Atlantic - Sinai - Strike Eagle

I have a quick question. I was under the impression that Simshaker for Aviators was driven by telemetry from DCS for different aircraft. I based this upon discussions had around efforts to get it working with the Apache module when it was released. Someone else recently told me that it's driven by sound cues in the game and not telemetry. Which one is true?

Thanks in advance!

2 hours ago, Str][ker said:

I have a quick question. I was under the impression that Simshaker for Aviators was driven by telemetry from DCS for different aircraft. I based this upon discussions had around efforts to get it working with the Apache module when it was released. Someone else recently told me that it's driven by sound cues in the game and not telemetry. Which one is true?

Thanks in advance!

Bascially, SimShaker software has nothing to do with the games sound, except a small feature in the SimShaker Wings. 

• Like 2

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]