[Official] SimShaker for Aviators

I'm hoping this is a quick question for someone here, but I'm trying to get my buttkicker transducer to work at the same time as my jetseat when I fly in VR.

So far, I haven't found a way to have the pad and transducer work together. Am I missing something? I tried running simshaker for aviators and the sound module, but with running the sim in VR, I'm honestly unsure how to route the audio settings.

Owned: Ryzen 3900x, MSI AMD 470x mobo, 32gb 3200MHz ram, Gtx 1660 Ti, 970 Evo Plus 500GB, MsFFB2, TIR5, TMWH+18c Stick, MFG Crosswinds, Buttkicker/SSA, WinWing F-18C . Next is VR for simpit

Art Of The Kill:

12 hours ago, AegisFX said:

I'm hoping this is a quick question for someone here, but I'm trying to get my buttkicker transducer to work at the same time as my jetseat when I fly in VR.

So far, I haven't found a way to have the pad and transducer work together. Am I missing something? I tried running simshaker for aviators and the sound module, but with running the sim in VR, I'm honestly unsure how to route the audio settings.

Basically, it stays the same. The game sound goes to the VR helmet headphones, SimShaker Sound Module produced signals keep going to the sound card where your bass-shaker is connected to.

Edited by =Andre=

Gametrix JetSeats thread (in English) ,

SimShaker addon for bass-shakers thread (in English),

Andre's blog, downloads, manuals (in English).

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Still trying to add the Bronco OV10 with no luck.

The 'manual' here  https://simshaker.com/guides/wings/

talks about customization of the profiles and refers to a file in here:

User Documents\SimShaker-Wings FXs\JetSeat\Base folder.

But I have no such folder. I do have

C:\Users\Stefan\Documents\SimShaker for Aviators

And the only manual specific to Simshaker for aviators is here

https://dreamsimteam.blogspot.com/p/user-guides.html

4930K @ 4.5, 32g ram, TitanPascal

On 9/14/2022 at 8:14 PM, skypickle said:

Still trying to add the Bronco OV10 with no luck.

The 'manual' here  https://simshaker.com/guides/wings/

talks about customization of the profiles and refers to a file in here:

User Documents\SimShaker-Wings FXs\JetSeat\Base folder.

But I have no such folder. I do have

C:\Users\Stefan\Documents\SimShaker for Aviators

And the only manual specific to Simshaker for aviators is here

https://dreamsimteam.blogspot.com/p/user-guides.html

That's beyond manuals. You need to include OV-10 in SimShaker.lua script. There was a few examples above regarding some other unofficial mods. But I think you need to know what official AC OV-10 is based on in terms of telemetry (refer to Export.lua script). So, that's a bit complicated.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I've attached the export.lua scripts for the OV10 and the T45 if you could peruse them and tell me what to add to the simshaker.lua file. . For now I just added the aircraft to the line 432 of the simshaker.lua file with all the FC3 aircraft like so:

elseif obj.Name == "MiG-29A" or obj.Name == "MiG-29G" or obj.Name == "Su-30MKI"or obj.Name == "Su-30MKA"or obj.Name == "Su-30SM"or obj.Name == "Su-30MKM"or obj.Name == "VSN_F104G"or obj.Name == "MiG-29S" or obj.Name == "Su-25" or obj.Name == "Su-25T" or obj.Name == "Su-27" or obj.Name == "Su-33" or obj.Name == "F-15C" or obj.Name == "A-10A"  or obj.Name == "J-11A"   or obj.Name == "Bronco-OV-10A"   or obj.Name == "T-45" then

or is that not a good idea?

T-45.lua Bronco-OV-10A.lua

19 hours ago, skypickle said:

I've attached the export.lua scripts for the OV10 and the T45 if you could peruse them and tell me what to add to the simshaker.lua file. . For now I just added the aircraft to the line 432 of the simshaker.lua file with all the FC3 aircraft like so:

elseif obj.Name == "MiG-29A" or obj.Name == "MiG-29G" or obj.Name == "Su-30MKI"or obj.Name == "Su-30MKA"or obj.Name == "Su-30SM"or obj.Name == "Su-30MKM"or obj.Name == "VSN_F104G"or obj.Name == "MiG-29S" or obj.Name == "Su-25" or obj.Name == "Su-25T" or obj.Name == "Su-27" or obj.Name == "Su-33" or obj.Name == "F-15C" or obj.Name == "A-10A"  or obj.Name == "J-11A"   or obj.Name == "Bronco-OV-10A"   or obj.Name == "T-45" then

or is that not a good idea?

T-45.lua 8.64 kB · 1 download Bronco-OV-10A.lua 6.22 kB · 2 downloads

Looks good as a starting point except some extra white space before "or"-s.

Does it work?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

On 8/25/2022 at 12:21 PM, Coota0 said:

How does the Ushake pad work with DCS? What type of review would you give it? 

It works well, very similar once tweaked. I had to lower the default values because it made everything blend together and got hot on my back. It is a beefy unit. 

• Like 1

Thermaltake Core P90 Tempered Glass//Thermaltake iRGB Plus 1200W//GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS MASTER LGA 1151//i9-9900K//Thermaltake CL420 Copper Radiator//Thermaltake W4 Plus//Thermaltake 140mm Radiator Fan Triple Pack//Samsung 1TB 970 EVO NVMe M2//SAMSUNG 970 EVO M.2 500GB //CORSAIR Vengeance RGB Pro 64GB 3200//GIGABYTE AORUS GeForce RTX 2080 TI//Logitech G940//Virpil MT50 Throttle//MFG Crosswind rudder pedals//Geko GSeat//Gametrix Jetseat//Htc Vive//Pimax 5k+//Viril VFX//Razer Nari Ultimate

On 9/16/2022 at 1:10 PM, =Andre= said:

Looks good as a starting point except some extra white space before "or"-s.

Does it work?

Unfortunately not. I also tried inserting it on its own line 432 with

elseif obj.Name == "Bronco-OV-10A" then

but I still get errors. Same with the Hercules mod by Anubis.

image.png

What does the above error mean?

How can I figure out what telemetry an aircraft exports?

2 hours ago, skypickle said:

Unfortunately not. I also tried inserting it on its own line 432 with

but I still get errors. Same with the Hercules mod by Anubis.

image.png

What does the above error mean?

How can I figure out what telemetry an aircraft exports?

You only make things more complicated adding the Hercules. What is an error for Bronco?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

If the stock simshaker.lua file is used I get this error with the Broncoimage.jpeg

If however I modify the simshaker.lua to include either :

line 432:              elseif obj.Name == "Bronco-OV-10A" then

OR

line 443:              elseif obj.Name == "MiG-29A" or obj.Name == "Bronco-OV-10A" or obj.Name == "MiG-29G" or .................

then there are no errors but the seat does not not vibrate even though the debug view in simshaker is showing the changing telemetry.

Jumping into an official DCS aircraft, the seat still vibrates indicating that the simshaker is properly installed and functioning.

I see, thank you. 

I think now you can make another step, even more important than the first one. try to add at line 444:   

if obj.Name == "Bronco-OV-10A" then

dataTable.name = "MiG-29A"

SSA in such a case will process Bronco telemetry as if it was a well known MiG-29A.

I mean that you still need to have at line 443:

elseif obj.Name == "MiG-29A" or obj.Name == "Bronco-OV-10A" or obj.Name == "MiG-29G" or .................

your line numbering looks a bit odd though.

Edited by =Andre=

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I tried this

elseif obj.Name == "MiG-29A" or obj.Name == "Bronco-OV-10A" or obj.Name == "MiG-29G" or obj.Name == "Su-30MKI"or obj.Name == "Su-30MKA"or obj.Name == "Su-30SM"or obj.Name == "Su-30MKM"or obj.Name == "VSN_F104G"or obj.Name == "MiG-29S" or obj.Name == "Su-25" or obj.Name == "Su-25T" or obj.Name == "Su-27" or obj.Name == "Su-33" or obj.Name == "F-15C" or obj.Name == "A-10A"  or obj.Name == "J-11A" then
            if obj.Name == "Bronco-OV-10A" then
            local engine = LoGetEngineInfo()

You'll notice the Bronco is lumped together with the FC3 planes. but nothing happens. Even the DCS debug window in simshaker is blank-no telemetry

Inserting this code before the FC3 airplanes

gives telemetry but again no vibration. However this dialog appears

image.png

Clicking ok does not fix anything rather the next dialog appears.

image.png

Dismissing this dialog just results in its reappearrance. 

I dont understand why the Bronco gives so much trouble . The A4 works w simshaker flawlessly and there is only one line of code in the simshaker.lua that references the A4

elseif obj.Name == "A-4E-C" then

If I use this

dataTable.name = "A-4E-C"

I still get the first NullReferenceException error but if I dismiss the dialog, then the Bronco DOES give vibration! Interestingly, the Simshaker window does not have the Bronco in its dropdown list of aircraft but it DOES have the A4- I think that is the result of the NullReference error-simshaker cannot enumerate the Bronco.

SSA currently does not support unofficial mods!
The A4 was added since I knew the original developer and to pay respect regarding his passing I made an exception...

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, skypickle said:

I dont understand why the Bronco gives so much trouble . The A4 works w simshaker flawlessly and there is only one line of code in the simshaker.lua that references the A4

elseif obj.Name == "A-4E-C" then

If I use this

dataTable.name = "A-4E-C"

I still get the first NullReferenceException error but if I dismiss the dialog, then the Bronco DOES give vibration! Interestingly, the Simshaker window does not have the Bronco in its dropdown list of aircraft but it DOES have the A4- I think that is the result of the NullReference error-simshaker cannot enumerate the Bronco.

Yes, that's interesting. Judging by the "Index was outside the bounds" error you get with MiG-29 try MiG's telemetry is not close engough to Bronco's, as opposed to A-4. So I think you need to exclude Bronco from the FC3 related string.

And sure thing you will not see the Bronco in the SSA list.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, bies said:

Hi, are some newer DCS modules not supported?

I use my pad without problem for most modules, but Mi-24 or Mirage F.1 causes some error:

Hi, try SimShaker for Aviators beta version for the latest DCS modules.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/14/2022 at 2:45 AM, AegisFX said:

did you solve this issue??

i5 8400 | 32 Gb RAM | RTX 2080Ti | Virpil Mongoose T-50 base w/ Warthog & Hornet sticks | Warthog throttle | Cougar throttle USB | DIY Collective | Virpil desk mount | VKB T-Rudder Mk IV | Oculus Rift S | Buddy-Fox A-10 UFC | 3x TM MFDs | 2x bass shakers pedal plate| SIMple SIMpit chair | WinWing TakeOff panel | PointCTRL v2 | Andre JetSeat | Winwing Hornet UFC | Winwing Viper ICP

FC3 - Warthog - F-5E - Harrier - NTTR - Hornet - Tomcat - Huey - Viper - C-101 - PG - Hip - SuperCarrier - Syria - Warthog II - Hind - South Atlantic - Sinai - Strike Eagle