[Official] SimShaker for Aviators

4 hours ago, Gringo Escobar said:

I have a similar issue with mine now....exception messages popping up but I've only noticed it affecting the P47.  Everything seems to work with the P47 also except for no engine rumble....  firing the guns, stalling, etc all seem to shake the hell outta me. P51 & F5E work just fine. I've tested the motors and all work properly also. I've deleted simshaker and jetseat control panel. deleted the Lua file for simshaker, reinstalled the beta version. Same problem....BUT it is still showing the same settings for the P47 that i had before so i know there is a file somewhere that i haven't deleted but i have no idea where. Anyone have any idea where i can find the individual aircraft settings file or generic prop plane files?

What exception message? SSA stores its settings database in your documents folder

10 hours ago, Darrylx444 said:

Thanks for the reply. I always have used the beta, and it is up to date.

No error messages, just no shakes (except via test button).

Did you install additional 3rd party software? Did you modify your export.lua?

Hi there, I have been using Sim shaker aviator for a few years. I just upgraded my computer and got my string redone. I seem to have a very odd issue where I can hear some samples but not all.

Specifically I cannot hear touchdown, landing gear updown or spoiler/landing gear turbulence. (When I test the specific samples eg. Landing gear up/down, they play as expected. But not in the game.)

However, stalling, gunfire and other parameters still sound through my butt kicker as expected.

I've tried reinstalling and trying different modules as I have quite a few. But, all the modules seem to have the same issue. No landing gear up/down, spoiler turbulence or touchdown vibration.

I am using the latest stable version. But I'm also on Windows 11.

I've included an error message. But it only came up the one time and I'm not sure how relevant it is.20230107_141724.jpg

• Like 1

12 hours ago, duffmonya said:

Hi there, I have been using Sim shaker aviator for a few years. I just upgraded my computer and got my string redone. I seem to have a very odd issue where I can hear some samples but not all.

Specifically I cannot hear touchdown, landing gear updown or spoiler/landing gear turbulence. (When I test the specific samples eg. Landing gear up/down, they play as expected. But not in the game.)

However, stalling, gunfire and other parameters still sound through my butt kicker as expected.

I've tried reinstalling and trying different modules as I have quite a few. But, all the modules seem to have the same issue. No landing gear up/down, spoiler turbulence or touchdown vibration.

I've included an error message. But it only came up the one time and I'm not sure how relevant it is.20230107_141724.jpg

For the latest DCS beta you need to use the latest SSA beta. I plan to release a new SSA stable next week

7 hours ago, Gringo Escobar said:

75FB8F34-0FA1-4ABD-91B1-5EEFFDA7EF2A.jpeg

3035FCB1-3ADF-403F-BB67-DAD801E0BCA0.jpeg

SSA can not bind the network port it needs to talk to DCS. SSA uses port 29375. Does any other application on your system uses this port? Do you have two SSA instances running?

I have reinstalled my DCS and my Jetpad seat doesn't work anymore. I have uninstalled simshaker for aviators and reinstalled it again but it still doesn't work. Any ideas what I'm missing?

On 1/7/2023 at 7:56 PM, Darrylx444 said:

I've mostly stayed away from DCS for the last several months (since the VR performance tanked) but tried it again last night.

But for some reason I can't get any SSA shaking in DCS now. Tried updating but same result. I do get the shake from the testing tool, but not in game. Settings all correct as usual. Tried a few different modules, nothing works.

FWIW, SSW still works fine in IL-2.

Did you get yours working? Sounds like I have the same problem

EDIT: I fixed it by uninstalling SSA. I removed my old saved games DCS folder which SSA was defaulting to using. Then i installed SSA again and did a repair.  When I started DCS again the vibrations didn't work initially but after about 20 seconds or so they started and all is fine now. I guess the software needs a bit of time to recognise the inputs before it works. 

Edited by Bog9y
  • Like 1

After update to 2.8 stable SimShaker dose not register part of the effects, like gear turbulence or speed bumps. Tried max strength, nothing. 

Some of the effects eg gun vibration working fine at any strength.  

Where should I look?

On 1/10/2023 at 7:10 PM, duffmonya said:

Same issue, part of the effects disappeared like you mentioned, no error msg though 

Edited by Yuriks

I guess you shouldn´t go to stable but to latest beta as mentioned above...

PC: Asus ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming | AMD Ryzen 7800X3D | Palit GeForce RTX 4090 Game Rock OC | 64 GB Patriot VIPER VENOM DDR5-6000

Input: Brunner CLS-E FFB Base | Thrustmaster Warthog Joystick & Throttle | Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder | WinWing Phoenix MIP (VR) - F16 ICP - PTO2 | VPC SharKA-50 Collective 

VR: HP Reverb G2

Motion-Platform: Motionsystems PS-6TM-150 | Monstertech MTX

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/@madmontys6dofmotionplatfor386/featured

Hi all, im just wondering if you all keep the strength settings at 50, or do i need to change them for the jetseat? 

ive never touched them in all the years ive had a jetseat, but the last few patches i can hardly feel if its working or not. in fact i honestly thought my jetseat had broke, until i read that the latest beta fixed that feeling.    Problem is i still cant really feel any effects. only tried the Apache at the mo mind you.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Fighter pilots make movies, Attack pilots make history, Helicopter pilots make heros.

:pilotfly: Corsair 570x Crystal Case, Intel 8700K O/clocked to 4.8ghz, 32GB Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 3200 MHZ Ram, 2 x 1TB M2 drives, 2 x 4TB Hard Drives, Nvidia EVGA GTX 1080ti FTW, Maximus x Hero MB, H150i Cooler, 6 x Corsair LL120 RGB Fans And a bloody awful Pilot :doh:

12 hours ago, Cowboy10uk said:

Hi all, im just wondering if you all keep the strength settings at 50, or do i need to change them for the jetseat? 

ive never touched them in all the years ive had a jetseat, but the last few patches i can hardly feel if its working or not. in fact i honestly thought my jetseat had broke, until i read that the latest beta fixed that feeling.    Problem is i still cant really feel any effects. only tried the Apache at the mo mind you.

Hi Cowboy, it should work even at 50 if everything is fine.

Gametrix JetSeats thread (in English) ,

SimShaker addon for bass-shakers thread (in English),

Andre's blog, downloads, manuals (in English).

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

5 hours ago, =Andre= said:

Hi Cowboy, it should work even at 50 if everything is fine.

@=Andre= 

in 2.7 it was working perfect - engines, bumps, gear coming up and down, flaps. Accurately reflecting change in strength. 

After upgrade to 2.8 stable only few effects remain OK.  The rest disappeared or behaves as if it lost sensitivity.

I.e. gear have no effect from 1 to 100. Bumps no effect at all at slow speed, then make very violent vibration during speeding up, then disappear, even though still on runway. No engine rumble.

PS had not realised how much immersion SimShaker adds until it disappeared, as if DCS lost all the depth (not a an advertising:)

Edited by Yuriks

I have the same problem since going to 2.8. Some things kinda worked but most things did not and it was very erratic. Same JIT exception message as well!

Edit: I've solved the crash (reinstalled sound module) and it may be okay, but it will have to wait now for tommorow to see if the effects are still bugged!

Edited by Wolf8312

------------

3080Ti, i5- 13600k 32GB  VIVE index, VKB peddals, HOTAS VPC MONGOOSE, WARTHOG throttle, BKicker,

Ok, so I’m guessing it’s still bugged in 2.8 then.   At least it’s promising that I’m not the only one having this issue, as at least that rules out the jetseat itself breaking. 

I’ll hang on for now and hope things get better over the next few patches.  I’m guessing something has changed in the way DCS communicates with the software.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Fighter pilots make movies, Attack pilots make history, Helicopter pilots make heros.

:pilotfly: Corsair 570x Crystal Case, Intel 8700K O/clocked to 4.8ghz, 32GB Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 3200 MHZ Ram, 2 x 1TB M2 drives, 2 x 4TB Hard Drives, Nvidia EVGA GTX 1080ti FTW, Maximus x Hero MB, H150i Cooler, 6 x Corsair LL120 RGB Fans And a bloody awful Pilot :doh:

On 1/8/2023 at 11:03 PM, f4l0 said:

Did you install additional 3rd party software? Did you modify your export.lua?

I'm just using Simshaker for Aviators with SImshaker Sound Module as always. I've never touched the export.lua file.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My Setup: Vive Pro 2, RTX 3090, I7-11700K, VKB Gladiator II/K conversion, TWCS, TPR pedals, PlaySeat, SimShaker, VoiceAttack

Does anyone know if it's possible to play the different effects for each module without having to have DCS running? Mainly for setup and balancing or is it not that simple because of amplitude etc?

Ryzen7 7800X3D / RTX3080ti / 64GB DDR5 4800 / Varjo Aero / Leap Motion / Kinect Headtracking
TM 28" Warthog Deltasim Hotas / DIY Pendular Rudders / DIY Cyclic Maglock Trimmer / DIY Abris / TM TX 599 evo wheel / TM T3PA pro / DIY 7+1+Sequential Shifter / DIY Handbrake / Cobra Clubman Seat
Shoehorned into a 43" x 43" cupboard.

3 minutes ago, edmuss said:

Does anyone know if it's possible to play the different effects for each module without having to have DCS running? Mainly for setup and balancing or is it not that simple because of amplitude etc?

No, it's not possible.

• Thanks 1

Gametrix JetSeats thread (in English) ,

SimShaker addon for bass-shakers thread (in English),

Andre's blog, downloads, manuals (in English).

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

29 minutes ago, =Andre= said:

No, it's not possible.

Figured it would be implemented if it could have been, thanks for the confirmation🙂

Ryzen7 7800X3D / RTX3080ti / 64GB DDR5 4800 / Varjo Aero / Leap Motion / Kinect Headtracking
TM 28" Warthog Deltasim Hotas / DIY Pendular Rudders / DIY Cyclic Maglock Trimmer / DIY Abris / TM TX 599 evo wheel / TM T3PA pro / DIY 7+1+Sequential Shifter / DIY Handbrake / Cobra Clubman Seat
Shoehorned into a 43" x 43" cupboard.

On 1/12/2023 at 11:55 AM, Wolf8312 said:

I have the same problem since going to 2.8. Some things kinda worked but most things did not and it was very erratic. Same JIT exception message as well!

Edit: I've solved the crash (reinstalled sound module) and it may be okay, but it will have to wait now for tommorow to see if the effects are still bugged!

How are the effects after sound module update?