Do you want ground support units for DCS?

Gierasimov

Do you want ground support units for DCS?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want ground support units for DCS?

• I would - for less than $20
    • No, I am not interested

Recently I’ve found myself in a casual discussion regarding DCS airbases and someone mentioned to me they were thinking of putting together an official 3rd party project for USAF ground equipment airmen. One of the questions that I raised was how many people would like such a module if it was reasonably priced.

So I thought of asking the community here, hence the poll. Vote interested (I would...) or not interested (No, ...) as you feel.

Some of the items mentioned were ground support vehicles and equipment and if people are interested introduction of ground personnel..

If you would like to participate in a discussion on this topic and poll, please feel free to chime in…

Edited by Gierasimov

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

Would be also interested to see comments for voting against, if you care to share this with the community.

I can list in favor reasons but it would be subjective. Reasons for "no" could prove valuable on the other hand as this could help in bringing this plan to the reality upon calculation of risks...

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

Yes I would support this. Hopefully, it could be done well with decent animation.

If it were as presently modeled I would not care much for it.

How about more info on exactly what this is about.

Edited by MegOhm_SD

Cooler Master HAF XB EVO , ASUS P8Z77-V, i7-3770K @ 4.6GHz, Noctua AC, 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro, EVGA 1080TI 11GB, 2 Samsung 840 Pro 540GB SSDs Raid 0, 1TB HDD, EVGA SuperNOVA 1300W PS, G930 Wireless SS Headset, TrackIR5/Wireless Proclip, TM Warthog, Saitek Pro Combat Pedals, 75" Samsung 4K QLED, HP Reverb G2, Win 10

USAF Ground Support was discussed...

If such a thing were made, it would need multi-national ground crew, not just US. Would look and feel a bit silly if the US were the enemy in a mission.

The discussion was centered around NTTR though hence why USAF units were discussed, but yes this is true that it should expand to other nations as well, eventually....

I'm confused- do you mean, a module that you can play as ground support, or one that adds ai ground crew?

if its the latter, what happens on servers with players that are a mix of haves/don't haves? If you have to have this to join a server that allows it, my answer is a resounding "no"

what exactly is changed? we haven't seen what ground crew does/can do yet, and so this also would color my answer pretty seriously.

I'm confused- do you mean, a module that you can play as ground support, or one that adds ai ground crew?

AI Ground Support.

We have not discussed multiplayer and we are not going to for now. We don't play multiplayer and idea discussed was for the sake of immersion and Single Player entertainment.

what exactly is changed? we haven't seen what ground crew does/can do yet, and so this also would color my answer pretty seriously.

I am sorry but this part is not clear to me...

Exactly about... my initial post

(...) How about more info on exactly what this is about.

Already stated above.

Good idea, but not as a DLC. I fly only in multiplayer and with any objects, which aren't in the core sim, there are always problems for them, without it.

Imagine, you place some of your ground crew models around the client aircraft. And one of them doesn't have this DLC. He can't see them and maybe taxi where they are placed. What happens in such situations?

Hardware: Intel i5 4670K | Zalman NPS9900MAX | GeIL 16GB @1333MHz | Asrock Z97 Pro4 | Sapphire Radeon R9 380X Nitro | Samsung SSDs 840 series 120GB & 250 GB | Samsung HD204UI 2TB | be quiet! Pure Power 530W | Aerocool RS-9 Devil Red | Samsung SyncMaster SA350 24" + ASUS VE198S 19" | Saitek X52 | TrackIR 5 | Thrustmaster MFD Cougar | Speedlink Darksky LED | Razor Diamondback | Razor X-Mat Control | SoundBlaster Tactic 3D Rage ### Software: Windows 10 Pro 64Bit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

If the server has this DLC, wouldn't it be server side? Unless DCS doesn't allow file-patching from servers..? I would imagine the ground crew being usable but if the person went into Tact Cmdr he/she couldn't order that crew to go fix what ever aircraft just landed or requested assistance.

If the server has this DLC, wouldn't it be server side? Unless DCS doesn't allow file-patching from servers..?

It doesn't, AFAIK.

IMHO, this would only be useful if it were part of the core sim and I, for one, would certainly not pay money for eye candy that is only seen when you are on the ground.

Also, if you have animated ground crew, they would either have to move very fast, or a refuel/rearm operation is going to keep you on the ground for a while, which is not exactly a positive point for a flight sim.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

IMHO this should be in the game and for free as cichlidfan said. If they make every single feature into a paid feature, DCS wouldn't be the most attractive flight sim out there, I see people already complaining about paid campaign and the modules price, imagine if we had paid features like that.

By the way.. I think this pool should have one more option, "Yes, but wouldn't pay for it" or something.

its a good idea, but i dont think i would really want to pay for AI ground support that is effectively just for looks.

So given the options

1.) would you pay for this

2.) not interested

i would choose not interested, but only because i would not be interested in paying for it.. if it was a free mod i would likely add it in

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i5 8600K OC @ 5.0GHz w/ Corsair H100i Liquid Cooler| MSI GTX 1080 OC Edition | 32GB DDR4 3600 | EVO 960 NVMe SSD | WD Black NVMe SSD

Win10 X64 | TrackIR 5 | HTC Vive | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS and Cougar MFDs | Saitek Combat Pedals