1.5 and 2.0 version question

MadMexican

So i just installed the 2.0 version on my computer and was wondering if I should still have 1.5 installed or if after installing 2.0, 1.5 would merge. I believe i followed the instructions properly, although in the download instructions it did say to make a separate folder, but i did not. So for example, in C:/program files/Eagle Dynamics/DCS World is the original download (1.5.4 or something) and now i have C:/program files/Eagle Dynamics/DCS World 2 Open beta. So did i do that correctly, or should i have put 2.0 in a separate folder all together like C:/program files/eagle dynamics2/dcs world 2 open beta? The reason i ask is that when i log into the game using the 2.0 shortcut i unable to fly the su-25t free fighter. All the options on the right side like instant action or missions, campaign mission etc is grey'd out. And i am prompted with a message saying i do not have any modules installed, and if i would like to purchase a module. So for that reason i am thinking i did not install correctly seeing as i would think i could log in and fly the su-25t in 2.0 as i had been in 1.5.

They are two separate installations and will remain that way, most likely, until v2.5 comes out. If you installed both versions into the same folder then you should just delete all of it and do it over, taking the default installation paths.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

There are three game branches available nowadays: 1.5.x stable one (goes into "DCS World" folder by default), 1.5.x Open Beta (goes into "DCS World Open Beta" by default), and 2.0.x Open Alpha (goes into "DCS World 2 OpenAlpha" by default). So It seems Your first install is OK, but looks like You've mixed something up in the second one. Just as advised, erase it and start from scratch.

While we're at it, have You purchased Nevada map DLC? Because without it, You will not be able to do anything in 2.0, as at the moment, it's intended for testing of this map only.

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

If you installed as you say your 1.5 to

C:/program files/Eagle Dynamics/DCS World/

and 2.0 to

C:/program files/Eagle Dynamics/DCS World 2 Open beta/

Then you are safe, no need to do anything other than play. :pilotfly:

But I do believe that your folder name for 2.0 is something like C:/program files/Eagle Dynamics/DCS World 2 Open Alpha/

Edited by HiJack

Just using this thread to ask a question.

When 2.0 is completely done, 2.0 will be available to people who have NOT purchased the Nevada map? I have never had any interest in this map, if I wanted to do training in a non-combat zone like Nevada I would just use FSX A-10 with real weather and munitions addons.

Strait of Hormuz is the map I am interested in.

There will be no "finished" 2.0. We're moving on straight to ver 2.5, featuring improvements tested in current 2.0, but apart from default free Caucasus terrain, containing only the maps You want. So basically, whatever it's called/numbered, the merged version is what You're after indeed.

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

... and it was starting to sound like I had to buy the Nevada map to get the new version.

It can be confusing, especially if you are catching up on the details. The current situation is unique, presumably, since Nevada is the only terrain that works with v2.x. Once the merge to v2.5 occurs then everything will work together with any modules that you own.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Surely not. With default map upgrade coming in, it's going to be even bigger by quite a margin. New planes, even if You don't purchase them, also get in and increase folder size, as they have to be visible as AI units.

What's badly needed here is a reliable torrenting mechanism which will allow people with various internet access limitations to download it slowly, in chunks, when they can.