Operation "Blue Flag" - 24/7 PvP Campaign - ROUND 9

gregzagk

what u mean "at 30%" ? (sry not gonna read that 3 pages thread now, another time) meaning generally very inaccurate missile or currently bugged?

DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

Yeah me doing GCI now, but sad to see that none of the 18 pilots are in teamspeak... (Only Kerrac is here with me :P )

Also, Greg, when can 1st person driving SAM vehicles testing finally begin? :) (been waiting to ask this question again since I last asked about this some months ago...) With the new network code this should be tested as soon as possible :)

I just connected.

See you on it...

I do not have any Heli's though....

Edited by Hermit713

Hi guys,

We have done 2 things yesterday which showed a vast improvement to the LAG -

1. Removed the CSAR script yesterday and it will be reviewed by Ciribob.

2. Changed connection limits in autoexec.cfg, thanks to 104th Mustang for reminding us to check it again, it was not set after our migration to the new server.

I monitored the server for around an hour and with around 47 pilots I did not see the warping and lagging that was happening.

Please give us your feedback, we would like to make sure the severe LAG is resolved.

Notice that small spikes of specific players is not server lag, it can be best monitored through the CA ground commander slot, in case all players warp/lag at the same time, it is most likely a server issue.

Thanks for joining Blue Flag and for the feedback!

Xcom & Buddyspike team.

Hi guys,

We have done 2 things yesterday which showed a vast improvement to the LAG -

1. Removed the CSAR script yesterday and it will be reviewed by Ciribob.

2. Changed connection limits in autoexec.cfg, thanks to 104th Mustang for reminding us to check it again, it was not set after our migration to the new server.

I monitored the server for around an hour and with around 47 pilots I did not see the warping and lagging that was happening.

Please give us your feedback, we would like to make sure the severe LAG is resolved.

Notice that small spikes of specific players is not server lag, it can be best monitored through the CA ground commander slot, in case all players warp/lag at the same time, it is most likely a server issue.

Thanks for joining Blue Flag and for the feedback!

Xcom & Buddyspike team.

That's a good news, thanks ! How about those NATO M-2000C skins swap for BLUFOR side ? I thought it was fixed, but apparently no change were made on that detail. I'm aware it's not on the top priority list however it has been flagged since months, moreover this change should take about 5 mins trough the ME so it shouldn't be a huge time waster.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

After the latest patch the F-15 tires are like paper. They dont break but they go flat. For some reason the repair script does not work on flat tires, need to have a friendly huey strafe me because i have a flat tire is a litte annoying.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Is there a ping limit running on the server now?

I've been getting random connection timed out since last week if i remembered correctly and it only happens in this server. My ping is usually 280 to 300++.

What is your rough location and ISP?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Lol as soon as you posted your ping I already thought I are from Australia or anywhere. Try Google DNS, might help with a little lower ping.

DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

Country=Indonesia, ISP=PT Telkom Indonesia

The route we have today looks pretty efficient, we meet them over Portlane in London today, however we could in theory meet them as a peer in Amsterdam. I will look into this as it will probably shave off 6ms (not much i know).

Here is the current path today:

XOEYYml.png

Could you do a mtr / tracert to http://www.blix.com? I would like to see if you pick the same path on your side and if there are any congestion.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Aren't there fiberglass cables from Indonesia towards Europe (via India, Saudi arabia to Greece) that would be a lot faster than when going via Hawaii and USA... :P

7 - "arpa" ? Sounds like arpanet, from military? :P

After the latest patch the F-15 tires are like paper. They dont break but they go flat. For some reason the repair script does not work on flat tires, need to have a friendly huey strafe me because i have a flat tire is a litte annoying.

i will do that every time :thumbup: :music_whistling:

#CHOPPERLIVESMATTER

http://www.aircombatgroup.co.uk/

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

7 - "arpa" ? Sounds like arpanet, from military? :P

The domain name arpa is a top-level domain (TLD) in the Domain Name System of the Internet. It is used exclusively for technical infrastructure purposes. While the name was originally the acronym for the Advanced Research Projects Agency (ARPA), the funding organization in the United States that developed one of the precursors of the Internet (ARPANET), it now stands for Address and Routing Parameter Area.

arpa also contains the domains for reverse domain name resolution in-addr.arpa and ip6.arpa for IPv4 and IPv6, respectively.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/.arpa

;)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I feel like game play is turning into the 104th Air quake. Seems everyone is flying fighters. I would love to see fighter lives down to 2 to get people into CAS planes and choppers again. This is when blue flag was at its best imho.

I feel like game play is turning into the 104th Air quake. Seems everyone is flying fighters. I would love to see fighter lives down to 2 to get people into CAS planes and choppers again. This is when blue flag was at its best imho.

I don't really think its a problem with fighters. Red was pressing on PAC 5 which is one of Blue's main strongholds. More fighter presence is normal since they take off and are right there. Also, its nice to see blue in fighters. Thats something they have been missing these past rounds. The problem I see with fighters is the 530D being a much more superior missile to everything else.

Lastly, there is a huge issue with the SU25T. The 25MPUs are broken and do not work correctly. Can Red get the A-10C just like Blue, Blue has both, until this is fixed?

I know the counter argument of, "well Red has the KA50" is coming. While that is true, the KA50 is not an A-10C and does not carry near the abilities that the A-10C carries. As others have suggested, why not give blue the KA50 and Red the A-10C like it was before round 8? Those were the best and most balanced rounds.

Edit: Maybe get rid of the bombers all together so people are forced into skill based roles instead of just calling in the AI? Just a side thought. Or take away bomber call ins from the Gazelle and go back to it just being the L39 and the Hawk like it was.

Edited by M0ltar

Been asking for this a long time but its the popular vote which Blue Flag is. I get that, but I think there's a point when groups grow out of BF for this reason. The more you enforce the more it annoys small sections. It's still a great place for early learners to find out something great about the game and BF is as frustrating as DCS is, in that the potential is out of this world, but the execution is held back with no hope of realisation. It was great until round 4ish when it became too popular and attracted some negative elements. If it could only get a choice of something slightly more serious but still accessible without having the picked group and pre-signup pricate event style.

Anyway, Fighters are a neccessity, you need to go A-10C and try to play in the standard air dominance loiter role....then you realise, its either strong cap or bleh, serial death. I've not checked recently, but there were days when you could pop down to the 104th and get an excellent CAP service and start knocking holes in their airfields. Unfortunately, even semi forcing people to do comms just doesn't work well enough to get full on cooperation and its possibly the one thing that divides winning from losing.

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

Not played for 3 weeks+, join the server again.

What is happening with the lag ? :D Jesus I was surprised. :D

ohh and please blg66 for mirage would be lovely :3.

Edited by microvax

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

*unexpected flight behaviour* Oh shiii*** ! What ? Why ? What is happening ?