Operation "Blue Flag" - 24/7 PvP Campaign - ROUND 9

gregzagk

Regarding the current test phase - is there a problem with Soganlug airfield, currently under Red control?

It's been in "under attack" status continually for a couple days now, and its state shows as fully green, even higher than other airbases that are not being attacked (they do not have the green progress bar graphic going all the way to the right edge). Looks like it's in a bugged state of some sort.

Edited by 609_Relentov

I've actually enjoyed not having AI interceptors for the time being. It's a bit of a change, which helps the helicopters a lot. We were getting sick of the all-seeing-eye of Sauron striking down from Mt Doom even when we were landed and shut down outside the enemy base.

It also makes CAP defense more important, and we can't just rely on the F-16s/MiGs to do all the work for us. We have to prioritize a bit more now when numbers are low.

Lastly, big +1 to the idea of ditching the interceptors in favor of more surface to air threats that are capturable. Maybe even add more FARPs. The "front line" would be more fluid with additional FARPS allowing for shorter helicopter flights, but it wouldn't speed up the overall movement of that line. While you would have shorter hops to capture the next FARP, you would need to capture more of them to cover the same territory. It would probably extend the length of the rounds and give more people stuff to do in the off hours when numbers are low. And, we might even see helo to helo engagements more often - that'd be pretty rocking.

AI interceptors must stay, whatever helps slow down the progression is good because just destroying ground units and landing helis is basically simple, too easy, nothing dynamic just a matter of practice on how quickly you can destroy them all. The only chance you're going to get shotdown attacking these bases is when you're under pressure to do so. So with no human opponents i'd like to see more AI, maybe a territory roving CAP.

What needs addressing is the ease at which you can stop the AI taking off shortly after they've first been alerted.

"[51☭] FROSTIE" #55

51st PVO "BISONS"

Fastest MiG pilot in the world - TCR'10

https://100kiap.org

AI interceptors must stay, whatever helps slow down the progression is good because just destroying ground units and landing helis is basically simple, too easy, nothing dynamic just a matter of practice on how quickly you can destroy them all. The only chance you're going to get shotdown attacking these bases is when you're under pressure to do so. So with no human opponents i'd like to see more AI, maybe a territory roving CAP.

What needs addressing is the ease at which you can stop the AI taking off shortly after they've first been alerted.

I agree, that the AI is playing a sensible role. But what method of stopping the AI from taking off do you mean ?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

*unexpected flight behaviour* Oh shiii*** ! What ? Why ? What is happening ?

+1 on AI aircraft interceptors.

What's needed are AI helo interceptors. Whichever side has the Ka-50 can currently take out all air defenses at a FARP with one helo, and with an Mi-8/Uh-1H waiting nearby can easily capture said FARP. If an aggressor AI helo could take off when the FARP is threatened, it would make them a little more challenging to capture.

And what's with Soganlug on the BF map? Seems bugged, always under attack and at full strength, even at the beginning of a round.

Edited by 609_Relentov

I agree, that the AI is playing a sensible role. But what method of stopping the AI from taking off do you mean ?

Dude, just defend your love for bombing runways. Dont bait him and then go on a tirade. Skin that smokewagon and go to work. Dont be scurred.

Sent when i should be working instead

I concur with above posts by Frostie and Microvax but maybe it could be deactivated with some scripts when both side have enough human fighters at certain numbers like Open Conflict does if I remember correctly.

Mastering others is strength. Mastering yourself is true power. - Lao Tze

Another idea is to divide the missions of the day into two types - the planning (build-up) missions when you cant actually capture anyhting (or maybe only minor targets) because you ground forces are exhausted and you have to supply them, and other - combat missions - attack phase - when army is ready - they attack and you can capture everything.

The idea behind is to put combat mission during prime time when the server is full and buildup mission when it is almost empty so couple of people cant push the front on their own.

Also you might do many cool things in buildup mission, as intercepting supply convoys (trucks, ships or airplanes) or strengthen defence on the direction of probable future attack by supplying army from air.

But what method of stopping the AI from taking off do you mean ?

Obviously hitting the runway, surely in the real world CAP would be already airbourne the only reason it isn't is because DCS AI is stupid.

Hitting the runway early makes it pretty easy for a one man army to take over a base.

"[51☭] FROSTIE" #55

51st PVO "BISONS"

Fastest MiG pilot in the world - TCR'10

https://100kiap.org

You could always use the Moose Framework. I'm just getting into mission making and used the Moose framework for some great AI flying CAP missions. It was just recently added functionality to the framework.

Obviously hitting the runway, surely in the real world CAP would be already airbourne the only reason it isn't is because DCS AI is stupid.

Hitting the runway early makes it pretty easy for a one man army to take over a base.

What are the rules regarding private GCI?

For a while there has been someone on the red team (i am sure everyone knows who it is) who has been using a second pc always connected to gci, as his own private radar map.

But now, there is more then one. Today at one point I even saw 5 guys on red, of which 2 where in the GCI slot with the exact same ping as two of the fighters. Who connected at the same time, and disconnected at the same time. Not even trying to hide it with their nicknames (using a exclamation mark for one account, a decimal point for the other..).

What are the rules regarding private GCI?

For a while there has been someone on the red team (i am sure everyone knows who it is) who has been using a second pc always connected to gci, as his own private radar map.

But now, there is more then one. Today at one point I even saw 5 guys on red, of which 2 where in the GCI slot with the exact same ping as two of the fighters. Who connected at the same time, and disconnected at the same time. Not even trying to hide it with their nicknames (using a exclamation mark for one account, a decimal point for the other..).

There are cheats in every game screen shots and user names help just post them up id like to know so i dont fly with them on any other mp servers :thumbup:

• ED Team

please us the PM system, do not post disputes here on the forum

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

There are cheats in every game screen shots and user names help just post them up id like to know so i dont fly with them on any other mp servers :thumbup:

That's a very harsh and questionable offense. For example I NEVER EVER fly without my IRL friend who is a dedicated GCI (even in battlefield arcade style style games). If he's not online I simply won't log-in and waste my time. Contrary he's really only working for me and my other friend since he does not speak English good enough to be on general comms but usually advises other pilots in chat.

So what, am I now considered a cheater?

No, you have totally misunderstood what the post was about.

The issue brought up was about clients using GCI themselves whilst flying at the same time, your story was not about that.

At no point did Coxy say people who get GCI services from their friends are cheaters.....

Relax!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

104th Phoenix Wing Commander / Total Poser / Elitist / Hero / Chad

That's a very harsh and questionable offense. For example I NEVER EVER fly without my IRL friend who is a dedicated GCI (even in battlefield arcade style style games).

Your friend is GCI, so no.

My case was about people using a dedicated GCI client on the same connection they are playing with. So probably something like a laptop sitting on there desk, next to their game monitor. Showing the map en enemy popup positions.

I am sure there a plenty of small groups using one of themselfs as GCI. Personally, I don't have any problems with that. But to basically recreate the (disabled..) F10 view by sticking a second computer on your desk.. is something very different.

My case was about people using a dedicated GCI client on the same connection they are playing with. So probably something like a laptop sitting on there desk, next to their game monitor. Showing the map en enemy popup positions.

I am sure there a plenty of small groups using one of themselfs as GCI. Personally, I don't have any problems with that. But to basically recreate the (disabled..) F10 view by sticking a second computer on your desk.. is something very different.

Exactly.

Example of two accounts, Then having GCI as one account then the other as they use an aircraft is unfair :)

Edited by Coxy_99

My case was about people using a dedicated GCI client on the same connection they are playing with. So probably something like a laptop sitting on there desk, next to their game monitor.

Yeah, but I think it's kinda hard to differentiate one from another. Meaning that two roommates in dormitory or just two brothers could be playing on the same connection. It's not like I'm trying to defend someone, it's just really to hard to say who's legit and who isn't :(

That's a very harsh and questionable offense. For example I NEVER EVER fly without my IRL friend who is a dedicated GCI (even in battlefield arcade style style games). If he's not online I simply won't log-in and waste my time. Contrary he's really only working for me and my other friend since he does not speak English good enough to be on general comms but usually advises other pilots in chat.

That's kinda' strange.

Win 10 | i7 4770 @ 3.5GHz | 32GB DDR3 | 6 GB GTX1060